[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

B L A C K I E (All Caps With Spaces)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: a3567903764_10.jpg (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
a3567903764_10.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgVlyrupu34

So, why hasn't he blown up, even after the rise and fall of Deaf Grapes (essentially watered down B L A C K I E + "omg live drums")? He's better and way more consistent, actually tends to flow with the beat instead of shouting liek a homeless man (not to discredit Ride; this just seems more accessible), etc.. Is it because a video of a not-so-great day at SXSW went slightly viral before his music did?

Why does B L A C K I E toil away in obscurity?
>>
He's definitely not as accessible. Would disagree that his flow is more consistent because it so is not.
>>
>>48490246
but he's so much more consistent in his quality

and he's not nearly as edgy.

Is it just because DG made use of publicists and stupid PR stunts?
>>
>>48490452
DG's later exposure may have been in-part due to their crazy antics, but it's certainly not the only reason. They were getting a lot of buzz way before there was the whole Epic / NLDW controversy.

I'll disagree again and say that B L A C K I E is MUCH edgier, his style is more abrasive and all over the place to me.
>>
dg make better music and have a better visual style
>>
>>48490452
DG's music was just a lot more interesting. They essentially released five albums that all sound different, but carry the same energies and feelings throughout. Ride's lyrics and delivery are also a lot more compelling and he can write some really clever stuff. And yeah, Zach Hill is a really fucking good drummer.
>>
>>48490600
>Zach Hill is a really fucking good drummer.
this literally does not come into play at all in most of their recorded output
>>
>>48490600
i love dg but they hes a shit drummer
>>
>>48490106
dug the fuck out that track

would have enjoyed finding out about it more without the bitter jealousy over notoriety
dg have a lot goin for them it's not as simple as 'this sounds kinda that'
also having lyrics to go along with until i could adjust to ride's delivery helped a LOT
and there's none to be found for this track, so it's not as easy to stop and think about what's being said in it, so it doesn't mean as much to me
>>
>>48490691
bitter jealously was not the intention, I just made this thread whilst in a pissy mood
>>
As a huge fan of B L A C K I E (even before i dug death grips) DG are just more experimental (not to say B L A C K I E isn't) and their production is less noisey and a lot of the time a bit more focused, But i like B L A C K I E For what he is, and his production is pretty fucking sick.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.