[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly speaking, is Glim the worst thing to happen to the show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: large.png (530KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
530KB, 1024x1024px
Honestly speaking, is Glim the worst thing to happen to the show? If so, prove your point. If not, prove your point.

Meme replies don't count.
>>
I want Glimmer dead.
>>
>>29061781
>large
>muh glimmer glammer ecks dee
trash, goodbye faggot.
>>
>>29061781
Better have Glimmer than Shimmer
>>
>>29061781
>asking for proof for an opinion

Go to bed
>>
File: 1479325681163.png (257KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1479325681163.png
257KB, 1000x625px
>>29061800
this desu

tfw too intelligent to like failed mary sues
>>
File: 14846290675.gif (161KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
14846290675.gif
161KB, 921x155px
>>29061803
>>
>>29061803
>I'd rather have a character that is ruining everything Lauren Faust and every other person who cared for the show did

At least Shimmer doesn't harm the show you nip-dicked wanker.
>>
>>29061781
No. The worst thing to happen to the show remains Twilicorn.
>>
>>29061816
>Faust
>Relevant
>>
>>29061781
Twilight and her clones are the worst thing to happen. I blame twilight for being a shitty character, and the writers for making even worse versions of her.
>>
>>29061846
>hating momma faust

I want S6 newfags to fuck off
>>
>>29061864
I don't hate her but she's gone since 4 years.

Deal with it guys, she ain't coming back
>>
>>29061876
Before she left she promised.

It's not over.
>>
I hate Starlight wished her spell backfired and swapped Trixie with her instead
>>
File: 1481529723345.png (444KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
1481529723345.png
444KB, 500x739px
>>29061876
I could smell your faggotry from the catalog.
>>
>>29062241
The real autists are those who think Faust departure was a tragedy, thinking S1&2, the most childish seasons, were the best of this show
>>
>>29062247
They may have been the most lighthearted, but they were certainly not the most childish.

Honestly, the show's recent attempts at becoming "darker and edgier" have been some of the most puerile crap I have ever seen.
>>
>>29062607
The show is growing up.

Maybe one day you should try too
>>
>>29062629
Maybe if you consider dressing emo and posting edgy garbage on Twitter to be "growing up". Which I wouldn't be surprised if you did.
>>
>>29062643
You can't stay a manchild all your life, Anon.

Time to get out of your mom's basement and interact with the manosphere
>>
>>29061781
I don't know about the worst, because I don't feel like measuring how terrible things are right now, but, while I accept her and her fans as being part of the ride now, her being made a main character was bad because there were still so many things the writers could do with the characters who we've already come to care about. There's so many potential pairings of main characters that are still unexplored, and now that they're introducing new characters instead of exploring those possibilities, it's seeming that they're rely on that more and more and never take advantage of what they already had. For example, I don't remember any of the CMC actually bonding with a m6 other than their sister. Many potential episodes, right there. A Twilight+Rarity episode hasn't happened, either.

So that's why I regret that they're adding new characters. Glimmer isn't bad, so I can accept her now that she's part of the show, but they could have done so much more, that this is showing that they have no intention of ever doing.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif (298KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif
298KB, 300x199px
>>29062651
>the manosphere
>>
>>29062660
Sorry, a cuck like you is probably pro-feminism
>>
>>29061781
she was shoved in S6 and treated in the same manner they treated Twilight in S4, "What the fuck do we do with her now?"
her new mane is horrible, they should have used Rarity's mane style for the flipped front part of her mane instead of the comb-over we got

she's never sincere nor apologizes unless told to do so
she doesn't understand basic friendship lessons
she got off way too easy for what she did to the mane6, "Our Town" ponies and all the timelines she fucked over because she wanted to piss off Twilight
her color scheme is the same as Aria from Rainbow Rocks

it's also statistically proven that when a new character is added to a show, it usually flops shortly afterwards
it's a clear indication that the show has "jumped the shark"
Scooby Doo with Scrappy Doo
Fairly Odd Parents with Poof
Brian's death in Family Guy
Teen Titans Go with the mockery it makes with the original show
The Flintstones with "the Great Gazoo"
Rugrats with Dill
Disney's Doug with Doug and many other changes to the show
etc

you can't say that mlp "jumped the shark" with Twilight becoming an Alicorn, because the show was supposed to have ended there
due to the shows popularity so early on, they were able to renew the series without any delays in production
>>
I love how no one has commented on the hornvore pic
>>
>>29062687
There's nothing wrong with horningly ingesting somepony else
>>
>>29062687
Yes, a 'masterpiece' from the draw thread, most likely done in it's Post Powershy Era.
>>
>>29062680
>because the show was supposed to have ended there
Wow. It really makes you think. We probably won't ever get satisfying closure for the characters, and the series finale will probably be some adventure that tries too hard to be dark. When a character's plot-points are settled, more will be opened just so they have a reason to continue existing, and those new ones may never be closed. The show was meant to end on an episode where pre-CM CMC didn't even exist. I dread the future.
>>
File: MissGlimGlam.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MissGlimGlam.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
Miss Glim Glam is best pone so of course she is the best thing to happen.
Only autists blindly hate her like redditfag
>>
File: ab12.jpg (395KB, 815x611px) Image search: [Google]
ab12.jpg
395KB, 815x611px
>>29062733
>redditfag
You and the bros then?
>>
>>29062708
Rarity owns a chain of boutiques
Rainbow Dash is all but a Wonderbolt by name
Twilight is the Princess of friendship
Applejack runs and owns her farm
Fluttershy is a self employed Veterinarian
Pinkie Pie has her own side business of Party Planning
>>
>>29061781
As entertaining as I find him, I think bringing back Discord was very bad move for the story overall. He's too powerful. Yeah they managed to nerf him in the last finale in a somewhat acceptable manner, but they can't keep pulling shit like that.

When you have a character who can literally resolve problems with a snap of his fingers, you weaken the tension of said problems.

People complain about how powerful Starlight is, but she's hardly invincible. She made that mind control spell on accident, and couldn't get the others to stop when things were getting out of hand. Compared to what Discord can, and has done, it's pretty tame in comparison.
>>
>>29062695
don't forget the same artist drew a trixie/celestia one too
>>
>>29061803

/thread
>>
>>29061781
I like how Glimmer brings back those friendship lessons I have missed ever since Twilight became a princess.
Yes, they did travel around Equestria to solve problems, but it wasn't something as personal as self-improvement.
With how heavily flawed Glimmer is, she can still learn a lot of lessons and bring in plenty of new interactions with the characters around the world.
I only wish they would stop pointing out her past in every episode.
>>
>>29064185
She's a mary sue and the show bends over for her. They can't fix this.
>>
>>29065570
this
>>
>>29061803
>Better have shit than perfection
?????
>>
>>29061781
She was unnecessary. The role she fulfills is best represented by other characters. What new thing did she bring to the table? Trixie was better set up as a rival to Twilight and Twilight is already the supreme book horse, so what does she do exactly?

I recommend to the Bobs that we let Glim go.
>>
If dubs, cock vore is canon.
>>
>>29062607
What
Plenty of shows trip up when they do dark stuff mlp is not one of them.
No second prances was fantastic and amending fences was pretty good to.
>>
>>
>>29067513
>>29067113

if not 13, cock vore isn't canon
>>
>>
>>29064185
Glimmer doesn't have the capacity to learn about friendship, we saw that at the end of the ep where she mind controlled her "friends" st the end she still didn't see what was so wrong about doing it
>>
File: 4517841.png (585KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4517841.png
585KB, 1024x1024px
>>29061781
but where does pony go
>>
>>
>>
>>29071353
If dubs, you kill yourself
>>
>>
if trips cock vore is canon
>>
>>29072548
>>29072564
Well, you tried.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.