[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypocritical morals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Does anyone in here realize how hypocritical and meta this episode is?

"Executives ruin the true artistry of the show"
"Oh like you're doing now, Hasbro?"
>>
File: 1381509525588.gif (175KB, 683x683px) Image search: [Google]
1381509525588.gif
175KB, 683x683px
>>26154534
I actually love when writers shit on their employer subtly.
>>
>>26154534
What annoyed me about this episode is how it portrays pop music as "evil" instead of just another form of art.
>>
>>26154566
This.
It's their way of getting back at Hasbro for Twilicorn.
>>
>>26154534
keep in mind that it is a show for kids
>>
>>26154569
What the episode tried to portray was that Rara wasn't authentic, so in the end she learns that she can do fine without all that bullshit on her own.
Real pop stars aren't shit without auto tune, lights and effects.
Kinda like the guy of Owl City. He sings like shit live, but sounds good with edition.
>>
>>26154566
>>26154573
So they take a shit on themselves?
>>
>>26154660
Executive meddling is known to destroy most episodes.
They present a script (A) then the suits present insertion toy bullshit (B) and then the executives made the script how they fucking want (C) so you end with a completely different product.
So no matter how good the writer is, if the executives have shit taste then it is gonna be shit.
>>
>>26154689
Most of the time apparently the toy inserts are intended to be subtle.

Hasbro isn't Svengallop, if anything their ideal is probably so you don't know you're being sold a toy.
>>
>>26154534
>AKR leaves the show
>Writes two episodes shitting on Hasbro in her last season

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>26154862
Just watch a good episode like Amending Fences.
>>
>>26154838
>So you don't know you are being sold a toy
Except the whole show is made just for that, so you don't need to even specify it more than just making an episode based around the toy in question.
It is a 20 min ad that just happens to be enjoyable at least. And I would say it is still kinda popular just because it is a breathe of fresh air in a market that is mostly filled with sex and violence.
>>
File: 1442699618447.jpg (25KB, 400x408px) Image search: [Google]
1442699618447.jpg
25KB, 400x408px
How can any of you stand watching this show anymore?! Can anyone explain this?

I try to watch this show, and I can't stand watching a single episode anymore. And every time I do, I need a weeks recovery before watching another one, because of how BAD they are. It sucks now!

This is NOT the show I grew to love!!

>>26154870
Had to delete the comment. Too many typos
>>
>>26154862
Some of the episodes are still good. I loved 'Do Princesses Dream', for example. The wonderment of the plot, the mysticism of Luna's dream power explored, Anderson's fucking FANTASTIC work on the score; everything about that episode threw me right back into Season One.

And then I come here and see mindless bronies praising the finale and shit like ep 100, and reality comes kicking it's ugly way back into my head. Waifus killed MLP. Waifus AND Hasbro, but mostly waifus.
>>
>>26154862
Isn't it obvious anon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhs573B4AC4
>>
>>26154877
Nigger, you're higher than your image. There weren't any typos in the first post. The only change made was your excision of the last 'anymore'.
>>
>>26154882
Fuck you. The finale was good
>>
>>26154882
>Waifus killed the show
Hasbro was gonna introduce more toys anyway eventually. Otherwise the show would have died.
But most of the time now, I wish it had died.
Everything that rises has to fall.
>>
>>26154872
Any time they are in a vehicle of any kind it is selling a toy. Writers are just good at covering it up.

I don't mind toy inserts much because the writers and directors have talent and don't stress over putting them in.
>>
>>26154910
Literally anyone can be a waifu so I don't know if that's a complaint about the show as much as the fandom.
>>
>>26154903
>" There weren't any typos in the first post. The only change made was your excision of the last 'anymore'."
Goddammit. Thought I deleted that part.
True, no typos. it's fucking hard to type and see what you're doing in a fucking mobile.
>>
>>26154906
The finale was shit. Twilight, with all her knowledge of magic, did fuck all except levitate things and shoot lasers. She flies down to catch Spike the second time he falls, instead of just catching him with magic like she did the FIRST time he fell, all because they needed to show off her pretty princess wings.

Glimmer, after all that build-up, turned out to be a dumb bitch with a dumb issue. She could have been a legit villain with a legitimate reason to be megalomaniacal, but what do we get? "Oh teh noes, muh bes frien left me when I was a kid and never wrote me or anything!" It was hackneyed and shoved-in, and the whole thing ended up feeling like they wrote themselves into a corner as far as Starlight was concerned. I'm not even going to mention how fucking dumb the whole redemption angle with her was. Others have expounded upon that far better than I ever could.
>>
>>26154943
It is a feminist show anon.
They aren't gonna punish a female, don't dream.
The same way male villains can be redeemed in male oriented shows.
>>
>>26154958
>They aren't gonna punish a female
So, we're just going to ignore Chrysalis, then?
>>
>>26154940
Get off your lazy ass, and get on your computer.
>>
>>26154963
She was just blown away.
And if you bring up the comics, she kills a kitten in front of the CMC yet all she gets for it is being tortured a bit by Ponk.
>>
I can't be the only one who didn't really like Coloraturas episode.
>>
File: 1449785507809.png (106KB, 572x608px) Image search: [Google]
1449785507809.png
106KB, 572x608px
>>26154877
Ikr? Jesus, is hardly a show worthy of all the praise it used to get.

Tried sitting through season 1 again, and it's painful to see the resplendent quality the show had. It's beauty lied in it's simplicity. And it pains me to see how horrible it all turns out in the next seasons.
>>
>>26154995
I didn't like the episode itself.
Celebrities are lame and boring because they have to keep up their good appearances.
The only good shit that came from it was this >>26154566
>>
>>26154991
>She was just blown away.
So you don't consider being forcibly ejected from an area "punishment"?

And I don't bring up the comics. Their stories don't mesh with the show's canon, they are never referenced in the show, and their writing is typically garbage, with a select few exceptions.
>>
>>26154877
>>26154882
>>26154910
>>26154943
you guys sound really autistic, even for /mlp/
>>
>>26155051
Nice meme, brony. Sorry you can't have your hugbox where everyone agrees with you.
>>
>>26155028
Svengallop reminded me more of Michele Crebers mom than anything.

Also her emotional song was pretty generic.
>>
>>26155061
But...you want a hugbox where everyone shits on the show. Do you not?
>>
>>26155089
No. I don't, actually. People are free to enjoy what the show has become. I don't, and I will make my feelings on the show known just as they do.
>>
>>26155061
naw, I would probably say S1 is the 1st or 2nd best season but you guys sound like retarded faustfags
>>
>>26155014
I watched the first season over as well. Couldn't get through the cringe of the later seasons. Welp, time to get off the train.
>>
>>26155051
Fuck you. What are you doing here?
>>
File: 1442897078088.gif (2MB, 320x168px) Image search: [Google]
1442897078088.gif
2MB, 320x168px
>>26155124
If we could get off, then we wouldn't be posting.
You can try, but you will be back.
>>
File: Mother of a barren land.jpg (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Mother of a barren land.jpg
2MB, 10000x10000px
>>26155122
The best staff members left when Faust did, or just got around to it recently.

Renzetti left. Larson's on the way out. A.K.R.'s wit da Mouse nao. In another year, the team is going to be nothing but hack writers from shows like Johnny Test, and McCarthy desperately trying to fill shoes that are too big for her.

It's cute how you think "Faustfag" should be an insult.
>>
>>26155160
>That name
Not far enough anon.
We need more dead baby jokes.
>>
File: d89rx4i.png (563KB, 887x901px) Image search: [Google]
d89rx4i.png
563KB, 887x901px
>>26155014
Holy fuck, you're right...

The beauty of it all lied on it's simplicity.
How could I've forgotten that?

I miss my mortal wingless adorkable waifu. I'll never get over it.
>>
>>26154534
>Implying the Rarity's canterlot boutique episodes weren't more anti-hasbro

>Rarity: "I want to give it a really posh name"
>Whatever her name was: "I CALL IT THE PRINCESS DRESS!"

Like you couldn't get any more obvious.
>>
>>26155184
Rarity's name was dumb as shit. Why would you put "stain" in the name of any dress?
>>
>>26155257
>reference to the "rain in spain " wordplay
>dress is modeled to evoke imagery of stained-glass
I dunno lol
>>
>>26155329
There is no Spain in the world of Equestria. And it's still a bad idea.
>>
>>26155609
There's no France in Equestria, either, but Applebloom still started speaking French when she got a fleur-de-lis for a cutie mark. And 'Princess Dress' is shit, too.
>>
>>26155634
Both Sassy Saddles and Rarity have no clue how to run a boutique. Rarity wanted to run a charity and Sassy Saddles wanted to run a pony Wal-Mart.
>>
>>26154534
The show has been doing this since Season 1. Suited for Success comes to mind.
>>
>>26154943
Because NMM was so much better, right?
Glimmer has surpassed Discord as the best villain in the show so far.
>>
>>26155941
>Because NMM was so much better, right?
In my opinion? Yes.
>>
I tried making a season 1-only place in response tl the latter seasons. But it never got popular. Mostly because I suck at advertising.
>>
>>26156104
Also it is i cripple chan.
And we don't want an echochamber either, anon.
Balance is the key.
It would be nice though if there was a way to get rid of the shilling and if mods actually cared, but can't win em all.
>>
>>26155671
I remember that episode. I was thinking about what a whiny talentless cunt in denial Rarity is.
In a scene Fluttershy shows a great looking dress design and Raritiy goes "eww" then the end result looks nothing like the original design and somehow Fluttershy ignores this.

That one felt less about Hasbro interference and more about hack artists who refuse to admit their wrongs. But obviously from the biased vjewpoint of Rarity. Or rather Vancouver hipsters.
I don't think suited for sucess/dressed for failure was Faust or Hasbro's idea, but it was Dhx Media's premise because they're from Vancouver.
And in Canada if you're considered an artist, even a street artist then you don't hafe to pay taxes.

Reminds me a bit of LPS where every character is a hack artist who keeps trying to git gud and finally they end up being decent at it(albeit not talented.)
>>
File: butterslut don't know shit.png (2MB, 743x4303px) Image search: [Google]
butterslut don't know shit.png
2MB, 743x4303px
>>26156198
You mean the one where Fluttershy listed off a whole bunch of shit that didn't make any god damned sense?
>>
>>26156198
Fluttershy's point was about customers/executive who think they know more than you, but in reality don't know shit. For example her big fashion rant about what was wrong with the dress was actually total gibberish. Everything she said made no sense if you actually knew the terminology she was using.
>>
>>26156228
And writers just shrugged it off to avoid being found, by saying "we don't really look too much into the lyrics".
>>
>>26156220
>>26156228
Fluttershy's technical rants made perfect sense from a professional standpoint.
Of course from the view point of a talentless hack in denial it made little to no sense.
>>
>>26155609
>world of Equestria

Reminder that Equestria is a country.
>>
>>26156220
That picture was clearly made by a rarityfag in denial.
>>
>>26154689
Why can't the executives just fuck off? For at least a few episodes?
I unserstand some executive meddling... but religiously ruining every single script for over a 100 episodes? That already goes beyond ignorant asshole and into obsessive sociopath who needs to get his balls cut off.
>>
>>26156538
...but they don't do that.
>>
>>26156538
Because it is always about the money, anon.
>>
>>26156568
They modified that one kid's script. The one with Fluttershy taming Discord.
Originally in it Discord was suppose to carry a mind control amulet around his neck at all times which limits his powers and makes him obedient.
With that amulet he wouldn't act like a retard who instantly turns everything to chaos the moment he gets released.Which also meant that there was no more Discord/Flutter shipping fuel due to no more abusive husband bullshit.
Whoever modified the script sabotaged the episode's execution.
>>
>>26156654
What are you even talking about? Do you even have any sauce?
>>
>>26156654
They also modified MMC so it became what it is.
Fucking Hasnobro
>>
>>26156654
>>26156677
Keep Calm and Flutter On was okay though, your objections seem to be about some sort of waifu shit than anything.
>>
File: tumblr_n7yh02k9ap1qlhqi2o1_250.jpg (19KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7yh02k9ap1qlhqi2o1_250.jpg
19KB, 207x239px
>>26156654
Also that seems like a shitty idea in the first place
>>
>>26156416

The show uses it much like Azeroth in Warcraft. Both a kingdom, and the world.
>>
>>26156578
Which makes it infinitely dumber and more illogical because Hasbro Studios is horrible at jewing properly. The marketing executives are stereotypical suits who considers their audience mildly retarded. Which in reality means the executives are projecting their insecurities and autism on the audience.

If it was about the money then they would have hired some real talent and tried to turn MLP into the next Pokemon before the hype weared off.
Instead they shot themselves in the foot and ignorantly declared themselves the winners over being dumb.

Hasbro is the biggest wannabe-jew since Sony.

Disney is a real jew company that managed to turn hack artists such as Miley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers into famous and adored pop singers.

Hasbro's employers would have probably fired Miley, grabbed the microphone and started singing themselves. "fuck your lightning in a bottle, I can make my own lightning in a bottle, see?"
Because Hasbro in reality is a stereotypical fat insecure landwhale full of arrogance, denial and mental retardation, which destroys herself out of an immature stupidity that rivals 90s saturday morning villains.
>>
>>26156654
https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/377837267202891776
https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/292684873930526720
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagicS3E11KeepCalmAndFlutterOn Teddy Antonio?
>>
>>26154534
I'm sad that nobody made how this episode should've really ended.

>Manehattan concert hall
>Tons of groupie waiting for days
>"We are sorry but the countess won't perform today, or ever"
>"Some redneck in a backward town convinced her to return to her old musical ways."

Cue Applejack being chased by a horde of teenage girls who ruined their star.

Pretty much how it'd finish here.
>>
Dude.... OP... that's deep.
>>
>>26156198

>le epin hating one of the best regarded episode of show while complaining about 'hipsters'

NO U
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.