[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the equivalent of Midichlorian for this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What would be the equivalent of Midichlorian for this series?
>>
>>26056401
Magic is caused by the midichlorians in unicorn's horns
>>
>>26056401
There isn't an equivalent.

Midichlorian was a cop-out anyway, The Force was a much better idea when it was ambiguous and didn't need 'tiny things inside everyone'.

Just make magic be magic.
>>
>>26056401
The map.

It gave structure (the need to make friends and solve issues) to something that didn't need that kind of structure.
>>
>>26056631
Isn't it really just a way to automate/replace Celestia as a character?
>>
>>26056401
Friendship being magic
>>
>>26056639
Pretty much. In addition, it arbitrary pairs characters and automatically implements an unknown factor

The map honestly is responsible for a lot of what I disliked about many of the episodes, the m6 had to spend time finding out what the fuck was going on rather than it being explained right off the bat, which is a really annoying waste of time
>>
>>26056685
The Tree of Harmony still really hasn't been explained.

I think some of the episodes did the "figure out what's wrong" idea better than others. In fact I think the only one that really did it poorly was Made in Manehattan, because it had to throw in Coco for some reason.
>>
>>26056685
>arbitrary pairs characters

as opposed to any other arbitrary pairing of characters for an episode about whatever?

you're fucking moron
>>
>>26056401
some kind of inherent racial magic that ponies have in varying levels

all of the main characters have something akin to this:

Twilight - obviously
Applejack - basically canonically one of the strongest ponies, and grow shit with magic
Pinkie Pie - bizarre 4th wall breaking magic
Rarity - has shown telekinesis levels unmatched by anyone except Twilight/maybe Starlight
Dash - obviously the fastest pegasus, sonic rainboom, and clearly the best at weather magic (nearly thwarted the entire town's winter wrap up herself)
Fluttershy - dealing with animals is an earth pony trait according to Faust, but considering she literally talks to them + the Stare it's probably some form of magic

no non-alicorn has matched any of these feats except maybe Starlight's magic, so it's pretty clear that the m6 is "special"
>>
>>26056794
No, it literally selects characters at random and the only justification is that they solved it in some fashion, why the hell does a fucking table decide who can solve an issue the best?

>>26056719
Yeah, Made in Manehattan was what I was thinking of, the resolution was cut down to like 5 minutes
>>
>>26056895
its not at fucking random you stupid fuck

the writers write the fucking episode

the same as they write any other fucking episode that primarily featured two characters
>>
>>26056895
Hooffields and McColts actually did it rather well. No clue why that episode is disliked.
>>
>>26056401
Friendship of course. Look how many friends Pinkie has.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.