[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does the show go from here? Eight main characters, most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: eight.png (913KB, 669x619px) Image search: [Google]
eight.png
913KB, 669x619px
Where does the show go from here? Eight main characters, most of the side characters explored...really what's left? A few Celestia episodes and finally finding out about Spike's past and future in some way? More Starlight trying to discover friendship?
>>
>>26046232
It's completely going to end with Twilight achieving complete Harmony in Equestria
>>
>>26046232
spike isnt a main character
starlight glimmer isnt a main character
>>
>>26046268
This
>>
File: 1451911591348.jpg (23KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
1451911591348.jpg
23KB, 264x191px
>>26046232
What fantastic world do you live in that makes you think the two poorly developed fucks are main
>>
>>26046340
*Fagtastic
>>
File: 56789.png (308KB, 900x759px) Image search: [Google]
56789.png
308KB, 900x759px
>>26046232
>>
>>26046232
>eight

Nigga, can you count?
>>
>>26046232
They introduce humans
>>
>>26046232
The MLP brand is hugely tainted, it's only a matter of time before it all ends.
>>
>>26046480
this will never happen
>>
>>26046232
Spike's past is an egg, yay.
Starlight will get episodes like the CMC did, off to the side.
Celestia's VA has more free time compared to last season's recording apparently, so expect her to show up more.
a few families of characters haven't been explored in much more depth than "they stood in the background and waved", would be a good way for some content
we have a villain who went off the radar years ago (save the recent finale) who can still fight back if they'd bother to write her in
>>
File: 1437400948631.png (648KB, 1024x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1437400948631.png
648KB, 1024x1126px
>>26046232
Fuck it, let's add another princess. Bitches love princesses.
>>
>Celestia episode
Yes please! Holy shit, yes please!
>>
Jesus. Do people really hate Spike this much or is it just a meme to say he isn't a main character?
>>
>>26046232
They're pretty much out of stuff they can do besides the things you mentioned, chances are S6 is gonna be the last season, with the movie wrapping up the whole series.
>>
>>26046597
This tbhfam
>>
>>26046625
A little column A, a little column B.
>>
>>26046670
Do people really not want to see an adventure episode with him? One that makes up for Dragon Quest, and really gets deep into his character?
>>
>>26046232
This >>26046251
And I assume that maybe Celestia will go Solar Flare.
The card game has spoiled several things.
>>
Glimglam gets close to Mane 6, meets her old friend, who is secretly a dick, and convinces Glimglam to betray the Mane 6. Season 6 finale is Glimmer betraying Mane 6, after they developed a trust for her, completely changing the way they look at things.
>>
>>26046783
90% of that is Discord's plot
>>
>>26046494
Why? They had em in previous generations. Plus you got faux hoomans in EG and that's canon
>>
>>26046795
Yes, but they never really "trusted" Discord. I wanted them to completely trust Glim, then, her tear the Mane 6 friendship completely apart, without using the magic shit that Discord did.
>>
>>26046829
EG isn't humans
EG isn't even canon
Jason Theissen literally said that humans directly contradict the lore for equestria and will never be implemented
he said this in the forward to the new "Art of Equestria" book

Perhaps they may incorporate actual humans in equestria girls at some point, but this is an entirely different IP and not canon to FiM
>>
>>26046724
There was nothing wrong with dragon quest you god damned fedora. Please explain to me what your problems are.

Let me guess, "abloo abloo feminists" "abloo abloo bashing male culture" "abloo abloo bastardizing the noble dragon"

Go fuck yourself with a dragon dildo you obese virgin.
>>
Personally I'd love to see more backstory for certain characters, RainbowDash, Fluttershy, Applejack, maybe Rarity since we don't really even know their parents. I don't see why they couldn't pull a dead parents story now, since they already had dehumanized ponies with missing limbs in war
>>
>>26046908
The problem with dragon quest is that it promotes racism, more than anything. It pretty much says- act like a pony. Dragons are always evil.
>>
File: 1381509525588.gif (175KB, 683x683px) Image search: [Google]
1381509525588.gif
175KB, 683x683px
>>26046908
Tumblrina detected
>>
>>26046875
>EG isn't humans
>EG isn't even canon
>different IP and not canon to FiM
>denial of this caliber
Everytime
>>
>>26046875
EqG IS canon. Stop being a bitch. As for the denizens of EqG I called them faux hoomans. They have never actually stated what the fuck they actually are. I don't give a fuck what the art of equestria books says. And both EG and FiM are part of the same universe and canon.
>>
>>26046921
No, it doesn't. You only think it does because you are incapable of viewing the world without applying your stupid ass petty identity politics to everything.

It's a simple morality play about peer pressure you buffoon. And one that most boys can easily relate to. If you were capable of understanding concepts that are even moderately outside of your go to ideological comfort zone you would easily ducking realize this. Much like any normal person does.

Or maybe you're right. The most wholesome and sincere show on the planet was pushing a racist narrative. That's reasonable.
>>
>>26046908
>>26046921
It's hilarious because these are the only two interpretations anyone gets from the episode when I guarantee it wasn't trying to say either of those. It was a fucking Merriwether Williams episode, you think she actually gave a fuck beyond cartoon clichés?

I don't like it because it closed doors for exploration. He just exchanged self doubt for pure denial, too.
>>
File: 1450387237582.png (126KB, 499x584px) Image search: [Google]
1450387237582.png
126KB, 499x584px
>>26046987
>ducking realize this
Now you really have to leave.
>>
>>26047016
I swear to God it was autocorrect.
>>
>>26046987
If that's true why did he condemn an entire species, a species he is a part of, because of teenagers? The actual answer is "Shitty writing that was supposed to wrap things up because this series is going to only get 65 episodes anyway right who cares."
>>
>>26046983
it's not canon until it's mentioned in the show
>>
>>26047005
I still think it made machismo look bad.
This bullshit of "men have to be sentimental and caring" is utter crap. This is why much more gays and men that aren't really manly exist.
If men weren't manly in the past, then none of us would be here today, because we would all be extinct.
>>
>>26047035
either this or an outright statement. I wouldn't put it past the show staff to do that in the late life of the show, though.
>>
>>26046983
Jesus Christ I remember when this board wasn't full of worthless hasbro apologists
>>
>>26047035
That's not how it works, don't delude yourself
>>
>>26047030
Yeah, you're right to an extent. The answer is shitty writing coupled with your inability to make abstract leaps of thought when confronted by shitty writing.

Spike:"I'm proud to be a pony"

What you hear: "Gas the dragons, race war now."

What you were supposed to hear: "I'm proud of and secure in who I am and don't feel the need to prove anything to myself or anyone else."
>>
>>26046987
>>26047005
What I meant was that these messages were not put in on purpose. The writer is so incompetent that the idea of racism is conveyed so strongly despite no real attempts at morality being made
>>
>>26047071
you're the only one here deluding yourself, but i'm sure you have your reasons
>>
>>26047061
It's cartoon clichés. I guarantee you are thinking about intentions too hard, Williams was never that kind of writer. She wrote stock characters designed for other cartoons. One of those stock characters is the dumb teenager.

It's not about machismo or race or whatever. It's about a plot that doesn't work well with FiM characters and concepts being forced into it because the writer can't do anything else. This was almost every single Williams episode in S2, S3, and S4 and why they felt so "off."
>>
>>26047061
You do know that you're a stereotype right anon?
>>
>>26047111
it's a stereotype to think that anything else is better or worse. people are who they are. it's those who look down on others, no matter how progressive or traditional they feel by doing so, are the ones who make stereotypes.
>>
>>26047082
The writing should have been more competent to prevent people from making the wrong interpretation. I don't take it as a racist statement as much as I think it's completely delusional, and I mean the line about him "being a pony." It just seemed dumb and the wrong lesson.

Again, I get the story she was trying to tell. It's good and stock. But she threw in a bunch of weird shit and wrote poorly and that's where all those interpretations come from. It shouldn't have happened the way it did to allow those interpretations and again, bad cliché writing with little thought to the world or characters is to blame.
>>
>>26047035
top zozzles m8
You have people working on the show saying it is. Stop being butthurt over it. Their word trumps yours.
>>
File: 114446.png (255KB, 900x742px) Image search: [Google]
114446.png
255KB, 900x742px
>>26047094
>i'm deluding myself for not thinking that MLP is somehow different from other franchises and canon works in a completely different way because people get triggered by cartoon horse people
>>
>>26047137
Meghan actually said directly what that Anon did so yeah.
>>
>>26047092
Well I think you're a bit too eager to see something that isn't really there.
>>
>>26047145
I'd love to see some sauce
Meghan said it's canon
>>
>>26047152
I will try to find it, it was her talking about the comic but she said if it's not mentioned on the show it didn't happen. It was at a con in 2015 in Australia, anyone know which one?

>>26047092
I could see that. But she also didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>26047137
When EQG gets mentioned in the show it will instantly be indisputably, undeniably, unequivocally canon
Until then it's nothing more than an AU spinoff that doesn't impact the show
>>
>>26047128
> The writing should have been more competent to prevent people from making the wrong interpretation.

Point taken.

Now evaluate this concept: if you can come away from an episode of a cartoon for little girls and say to yourself "that promoted racism" then you are a fucking retard.

You know who constantly does that? SJW's. Are you as retarded as an SJW anon?
>>
>>26047171
Zozz m9
That's not how it works lad. If one of the top people said it's canon then it's fucking canon. Stop being a bitch nigga. You can choose to ignore it if you want but it's still canon to the overall story.
>>
>>26047189
It was a shitty episode written poorly. I can see where people would call it racist but I get where the writer was trying to go. They just didn't have the talent or didn't give enough fucks to make the story competent.

And we already had an IDW fixfic the fuck out of it and make it worse so I guess I'm not because that was even fucking dumber.
>>
>>26047214
Who said that it's canon?
>>
>>26047214
who is this mysterious top person who canonized this spinoff?
>>
>>26047214
>talks like a 12 year old
>shamelessly sucks meghan's cock

Just go back to EqD, kid
>>
>>26047253
Art is subjective. Human beings are dangerously prone to projecting their own world views, biases, politics, etc... onto the writing of others. Nietzsche would certainly have been disgusted by the third reich, but his work undoubtedly influenced nazi ideology. How much blame then are we to ascribe to him for it?

Merriwether Williams is certainly no Nietzsche. You argue her writing was poor. Also subjective, but a valid avenue of criticism and discussion. But I reject the notion that she is at fault for all of the bizarre shit that some people get out of that episode.

Or at least that her share of the blame is very small, and the bulk of the fault lies with the people who don't realize that what they see is inside of them and not inside of the episode.
>>
>>26047376
As a writer she should have made it so what she wanted people to come out of the episode with was more obvious if she really believed in the moral and wanted to push it. The intent of a writer is what matters more than interpretations.

Acknowledging that interpretations exist isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it says less about the episode itself and more about the people as you said.
>>
>>26047443
>As a writer she should have made it so what she wanted people to come out of the episode with was more obvious if she really believed in the moral and wanted to push it.

Fair enough bit of criticism. I'm comfortable ending on this. Been fun talking with you anon.
>>
>>26047256
>>26047259
>I literally cannot read
>>26047152
>>
File: 1372368462612.png (68KB, 322x307px) Image search: [Google]
1372368462612.png
68KB, 322x307px
>>26047490
>It is canon
>BUT IT DOESN'T IMPACT FIM SERIES
That's basically saying that while EQG happened, we can basically choose to ignore it as if it doesn't exist, so in a way both sides win. So I don't get why you are so happy about it.
>>
>>26047500
we should all be happy that this argument can end.
>>
>>26047506
>Not arguing for fun and to pass time
Anon, it is like you don't even know how to 4chan.
>>
>>26047522
Tbh, this

And du-du-dubs.
>>
>>26047522
Autism
>>
>>26046232
Nyx
>>
>>26046643
I thought Hasbro planned to have it run for 9 seasons?
>>
>>26046232
As far as I'm concerned, this IS the last episode, and anything that comes churned out afterward is just censors trying to trigger /co/.
>>
Please no more Big Mac episodes.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.