[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize Canterlot Boutique in particular despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rarara.png (3MB, 1368x873px) Image search: [Google]
rarara.png
3MB, 1368x873px
>tfw you realize Canterlot Boutique in particular despite its message hilariously was ultimately written to sell a specific new mass produced plastic toy
>>
>>26034971
If you think that's hypocrisy, you should see fight club.
>Criticizes heavily capitalism, yet costs 69 or so millions to produce
>>
This meme is going to far
>>
>>26034971
What is this whole show
>Hasbro: Sell this
>Team: Shit now we gotta make a story around it
>>
>>26034971
To be fair, as someone who buys and collects a lot of MLP toy garbage, the toys rarely, if ever, have any real correlation to the show. It seems almost like the toys get produced based on random parts of what happens or appears in the show, rather than the other way around.

My guess would be that the two have absolutely no relation to each other at all. A lot of characters and locations that just seem to scream "I WILL BE A TOY! BUY THIS TOY!" actually never end up getting any toys.
And if they do, they come out at least a year after the thing has been released on TV and the short lived hype that young children produce is well and truly dead.

Sugarcube Corner only recently started getting any real playsets that contained anything that resembled the actual store.
>>
>>26034971
Rarity was forced in by Hasbro. As a base character, she's remarkably shit
>>
>>26035041
Such as it goes with Capitalist media. Only something like that could get in the way of good story and art. Fuck the system.
>>
File: 2502511-3382609306-shut_.jpg (111KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
2502511-3382609306-shut_.jpg
111KB, 500x300px
>>26034971
>>26035004
>>26035041
>>26035063
>>26035070
>>26035104
>>
>>26035041
Hilariously, it's apparently actually:
>Hasbro: Sell this
>Team: Okay, shove it into the background unless they give us something we need to make an episode for

Canterlot Boutique went like this:
>Hasbro: Sell this Rarity boutique set that isn't Carousel Boutique
>Team: Shit now we got to make an entire episode about that because it's so big

>>26035063
Supposedly they wait a while now but I agree with you. It's really weird when something looks toyetic but it isn't and sort of a testament to the team when something toyetic looks in place (eg literally every time they are in any kind of vehicle)
>>
>>26035063
>A lot of characters and locations that just seem to scream "I WILL BE A TOY! BUY THIS TOY!" actually never end up getting any toys
That's because Hasbro's marketing department is pants-on-head retarded and stuck in the fucking 50s.
>>
>>26034971
Well, Rarity could have just taken the third option of designing new outfits herself and letting Sassy's proposed assembly line mass-produce the ones that were in high demand like the Princess Dress. I realize the solution she used was meant to help get the episode's moral across, but it did leave Rarity with a potentially over-filled schedule, and it doesn't address the possibility of two customers wanting the same dress or someone wanting more than one of the same design.

Mass production isn't inherently bad, even in a creative industry.
>>
>>26035467
I think Rarity literally wanted to run a charity where she gave away custom designed dresses to make mares feel better about themselves or something.

Then again even at the end there were some background gags about her stuff being pricey so maybe not?
>>
File: amending_fences_00037.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
amending_fences_00037.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>26035063
I wonder if and when we'll get a toy of pic related. Twilight seems to be teaching there now, so it's likely we'll see more of it in the future.
>>
>>26035486
She wants each dress to match the wearer, for people to choose what they wear themselves rather than following trends. It's admirable, but I think it still wouldn't have hurt to produce more than one of the popular designs so customers wouldn't have to go with their second or third choice because someone else bought the one they wanted.
>>
>>26035520
Probably all about artificial demand.
>>
All I need to know about Canterlot Boutique is that it was a painfully BORING and shitty episode. No amount of toy-selling or phony artistical messages will change a dull script.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.