[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've been hired to produce the reboot of MLP. How different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

You've been hired to produce the reboot of MLP.
How different is it from this version?
>>
I make Nyx canon
>>
>>26015585
It's TV-MA and shown on an exclusive pay channel.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 270x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 270x238px
>>26015588
>literally the worst written backstory in the entire fandom
>canon
You already fit in shockingly well with the Hasbro monster.
>>
>>26015585
All the ponies are naked
>>
>>26015610
At first I thought you were going to insult me, but the last part makes me feel proud.
>>
>>26015585
First off I'd get rid of all the talking cartoon ponies. I'd turn it into a show about a group of young hotshot lawyers in l.a. and maybe one of them has a horse or something
>>
>>26015632
>Feels proud that his garbage ideas are n pair with Hasbro's
I bet you also think Twilicorn, Twilight's Castle and Rainbow power are AWESOME.
>>
File: 1424222337186.jpg (112KB, 399x339px) Image search: [Google]
1424222337186.jpg
112KB, 399x339px
>>26015616
You sick bastard
>>
>>26015636
With astonishingly autistic shitty ideas like that why aren't you a producer for FOX.
>>
>>26015585
Improved animation

Same story but with a few tweaks
Make Nightmare Moon more threatening
Have Twilight's family you know, exist
Make changeling invasion make sense
Make alicorns make more sense
Make Twilight's alicornification make more sense
Have more season-long strory arcs
More dragons
Have Spike written better

What am I missing?...
>>
>>26015668
Keep the writers from fucking up Dash by changing her characterization every goddamn episode.
>>
>>26015651
While I disagree with the latter, I see no problem with Twilicorn. Everyone in the fandom loved the idea before it was announced.
>>
>>26015585
Remove spike

Done.
>>
>>26015703
>Everyone loved the idea before it was announced
Because everybody expected that when it happened the series would end and not the bullshit of LOL MILK THE COW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE that happened.
>>
>>26015585

In general:

> Story arcs take place over a season, and eventually over multiple seasons rather than over one or two episodes.

> Villains are, in general, more threatening and more competent antagonists.

> Focus on preserving the horse-like attributes of the characters. Horse-like poses, character traits, clothing (saddles and bridles as they appeared in early seasons, etc)

> Preserve the more high fantasy theme of the entire show, sharply curbing modern technology appearances but increasing the fantastic/magical background content.

> Heavily focus on the continuous mythology of the setting as a driving force for plots, especially on the backgrounds of Celestia, Luna, and the elements. Develop the world outside Equestria into a more complete setting.

> Probably going to end up going for a TV-G rather than TV-Y rating. This frees me up to present stronger narratives while still being aimed at kids.
>>
>>26015585
more horse butts
>>
>>26015754
This
>>
Recreate the entire show but with genitalia.

Always been my dream to make the show more anatomically correct.
>>
>>26015585

Give it quality.
>>
>>26015668
Continuuuuuuity.

>>26015585
I came here to say this. >>26015869 Every episode will be anatomically correct.

One big change to make would be 3 parter season finales so they don't feel so rushed. Seems like rushed resolutions is what bothers most people. An extra 23 minutes could go a long way in story building.
>>
File: 982341.jpg (42KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
982341.jpg
42KB, 640x386px
>>26015668
>>26015681
>>26015754
>>26016208
>>
>>26016217
Exactly what I was going for. Thank you.

Thought of one other change... Not reforming every single villain in a complete 180 "shit we're out of air time" kind of way. Starlight had the most interesting plot line. She escaped, has a few background hidden appearances throughout the season, and then shows up in the finale. Would be more entertaining if villains were recurring instead of needing to introduce a new one constantly.
>>
>>26015585
>Turn Twilight Sparkle back into her unicorn form
>Remove Discord and turn him back to evil and be dead
>Bring back the Elements of Harmony out of the tree
>Destory the Friendship Rainbow Castle because it's a eye-sore
>Bring back the Golden Oak Library
>Hasbro give up the copyrights of MLP and LPS to Walt Disney Company
>Make Fluttershy in love with Big Macintosh
>Make Twilight Sparkle become a Princess Celestia's successor
>Make Twilight Sparkle fell in love with her assistant Spike the Dragon
>And finally make the crossover special called "My Little Pony visits the Littlest Pet Shop" and Blythe Baxter will be the next Megan Williams and become princess of pets
>>
My version would be like if of H.P. Lovecraft, Junji Ito, and Tim Burton teamed up to make a family-friendly but subtly disturbing cartoon about magical ponies.
>>
Cadance, Sombra, and everything that involved Cadance and the crystal empire never happened. Shining Armor can stay though, just find a different way to introduce him. Discord would never have been reformed. Less background character panda ring. Tone it down a little with the flavor of the week characters.
>>
>Ponies find out that Twalot has a mirror that accesses another dimension where there exists a race of bipeds whose name, general personality, and skin color all correspond with a horse in their dimension, except shimsham
>Ponies burn the entire dimension down on the grounds that they are possibly changelings.
>Chrysalis later goes to her genetic rejects pool and sees the whole thing on fire, not a soul left.
>she thanks whomever did this for taking out her trash
>life goes on
>discord dies of AIDS
/fin
>>
>Reboot MLP.
Shit, I wanted to do TFH since it had characters and worlds that were extremely avid.
This has a lot, but it's closed off massively due to the demographic's age.
>Let's pretend it has as much explanaition pre-show as TFH.
First, give each and every character a reputable introduction, much like MLP:FiM 's first Episodes, but have it deal with fighting practice as to have the show given a foreground of activity.
Then give each character their personalities while having no singular main character, but rather an interworking show roster determining which character needs an episode, and when plot should move forward, posing problems and multiple posiblities as they can occour.
Also, don't make the Protagonists complete Mary Sues is in my notes.
Make sure each character can have unique interactions, and build upon weaknesses to invigorate tensions.
Also, make sure the protagonists can have intermittent arguments that can have the possibility to destroy friendships.
Boy, I should consider trying my hand at some of this stuff.
>>
>>26017984
You must be one massive faggot to keep TFH involved halfway through that damn post.
>>
>>26018010
Well, I've been wondering about TFH and a show for that since MLP would have to remain... Well, age appropriate and minded for those, and doing something with great stories wouldn't add up to them. Ya get what I'm saying?
>>
>>26017143
Disney are even bigger Jews than the hasjews.
>>
File: image.jpg (964KB, 1507x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
964KB, 1507x2048px
>>26015585
>Applejack episodes where she doesn't get one-upped by everyone else
>Nightmare Moon stays as villain until season 1 finale and have her reformation make sense
>Have Sunset and Starlight's reformations make sense
>End the senseless Spike abuse
>Fluttershy actually takes in the lessons of her episodes and gradually becomes less of a doormat
>Tara Strong does Twilight's singing voice
>Character deaths
>Edge
>More male characters
>Have any soccer moms who complain about Derpy, assassinated
>Celestia is an actual character
>>
>>26018677
Dubs confirm Spike becomes useful, and accepted in next reboot.
>>
>>26017143
I am sorry to tell you, you have a few mental conditions.
Shipping syndrome. Not letting go of the past dramatic disorder. Unaware of Twilight being Celestias successor. Fucking pure shit taste on Littlest Pet Shop
>>
>>26018677
>Character deaths
Can't happen in children's show anymore. The law of 2000's state no children's show characters can die a tragic death.
>>
>>26015585
No Twilight.
>>
>>26019318
Let me tell you about Star Wars: the clone wars...
>>
File: AdultShow.jpg (151KB, 604x443px) Image search: [Google]
AdultShow.jpg
151KB, 604x443px
>>26019415
Clearly Star Wars: Clone Wars is not a children's show.
Just like Avatar the Last Airbender.
>>
>>26015754
this
>>
>>26018438
But Disney doesn't like Jews.
>>
>>26018677
Twilicorn will end in S6.
>>
>>26019264
I'm NOT an disorder! I had autism!
>>
>>26020335
Disney the person didn't.
Disney the corporation now is runned by Jews.
>>
>>26020362
>I had autism!
>had
Not that anon but... how did you cure your autism?
Curious cause I have autism to autist sempai.
>>
I have to bump !
>>
>>26020548
Disney will own MLP and LPS in the future.
>>
>>26015585
The Main Six die by the hooves of Nightmare Moon in the first Episode. Spike manages to get away and finds a portal to our world, where he meets the glorious Gaben. Gaben then introduces Spike the The Dragonborn, and the two go on a epic quest to retrieve the Ark of the Covenant, after that they are joined by Batman and they do weird shit together for filler. A few episodes later they return to graben who promises them to release Half Life 3 if they rescue Gaben's favourite pony.
Spike, Dragonborn and Batman return to Equestria and defeat Nightmare moon, and steal Twilight Sparkle while Batman sacrifices himself to destroy Flash Waifu-Stealer.
The season ends with Gaben releasing Half Life 3 with a bonus portal to Equestria with every purchase. Everyone in the world then moves to Equestria where the Great Rape happens.
>>
File: 1424328348252.png (376KB, 700x923px) Image search: [Google]
1424328348252.png
376KB, 700x923px
>>26015585
Introduce humans and ship them with ponies. <:^)
>>
Same except combine crystal kingdom and changeling invasion so that the mane six, CMC, Celestia and Luna, and some good background ponies are in the artic with a shapeshifting monster that has no true form and will assimilate all life in 27,000 hours if released in a civilized area.

TWilight is tied to the fucking couch the entire time so she doesnt ruin it.
>>
File: FUCK YOU THE ANIMATION.gif (2MB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU THE ANIMATION.gif
2MB, 315x315px
>>26015585
Rated TV-MA, the new generation of MLP is known as MlP: My Little Pony.

https://youtu.be/Gd9OhYroLN0?t=21s is the main theme, it would play until 0:46.

The main character looks like an Earth Pony but is actually an alicorn-changeling hybrid, the son of Luna and futa Chrysalis, and his name is Dragon Killer. He smokes, hates pizza, listens to Combichrist, and is known for his catchphrase, "Fuck you!" He is the Element of Bloodshed, a pony version of pic related. He uses a sword called Revolution and his twin handguns, Yin and Yang.
>>
bumpo
>>
File: 1452096735469.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1452096735469.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>26015585
>the story arc barely exist anymores
>things get crazier
>more violence and swear words
>drugs aboose too
>it's basically superjail but cuter
>>
>>26015754

> story arcs take place over a season and eventually multiple seasons

DYEWTS?

The majority of the main characters have had multiple season story arcs going on in the background. Twilight's progression as Celestia's student, Rarity's fashion business, Rainbow and the Wonderbolts, the CMCs, etc.

> villains are more competent

Can't work. A truly competent villain as powerful as the current villains would not allow any believable chances for defeat.

>>26018677

Fluttershy has obviously learned something. She never goes full lockup jello mode like she did in season 1. Hell, Scare Master was about her showing she could be scary, but choosing not to because it wasn't her.
>>
>>26015585
>give Faust complete creative control
>sit back and watch the magic
Done.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.