>>25998212 So I got a question, can you guys REALLY stomach buying these toys from an actual store.
I can't, I find the whole process from going to the pink isle to walking around with the toy to purchasing it absolutely mortifying. I mean maybe it's my social anxiety talking.
I know that 90 percent of the people in the store won't even care enough about what I'm doing to notice what I'm buying and that of the remaining 10 percent only 1 percent will actually give even the slightest crap because very few people would put that much energy into what some complete stranger in a store is doing. I know all of this in my mind.
However, when I actually start thinking about buying something in the store I suddenly get this feeling, like everyone is staring at me and judging me. Like they're all watching and it just crushes me every time.
>>25998401 me and my brother did that we just acted cool. it's just a toy if it's for little girls or boys, they don't care. and if they say "it's a present for your little kid/cousin/sister/girlfriend", just say yes
>>25998440 >>25998476 Well that's the thing, I know that. I know that no one fucking cares. I'm well aware of this in my mind.
Unfortunately social anxiety isn't something that you can shrug off with logic. It's an emotional response. Truth be told I can push through even under those circumstances if I have too but then a final thought sneaks into my head "what if someone you know sees you" and that's that. I'm out, my willpower just crumbles.
Maybe this is something that people who don't have social anxiety won't really get. It's a difficult feeling to explain.
>>25998401 >play it cool, don't act like you're invested in the purchase, or even fully aware of the context behind what you're buying >blow a few extra bucks on a birthday card or something if you really need the extra cover It's not that hard, dude. Nobody will even give a fuck unless you're some noticeably ugly motherfucker with zero social filter, or buying them in bulk for some reason. And even with the latter, anyone would just assume you're some faggot scalper instead of a mere ponyfag.
>buy blindbags >cashier pays no attention and just scans it and throws it in the bag with my other groceries
>buy brushables >most cashiers react same as above >once they casually commented "oh, how cute" before tossing it in a bag
>use self service sometimes >literally no one but you to give a shit
Whether you're only buying the toy and holding it in your hands, using a basket, or a cart, no one is going to look at you long enough to assume anything. Maybe if you spend 15+ minutes in the pink aisle staring at them, or you hold the box over your head and loudly exclaim "WHY YES, I AM A MAN AND I AM BUYING A TOY HORSE DEAL WITH IT REEEEEEEE". Otherwise, everyone else is there to shop and only concerned with their own purchases. Or they're working and only concerned with getting you in and out as quickly as possible.
>>25998212 This set is like 60 dollars IIRC. That same 60 dollars could be spent on some bootleg pony plushies from China that are actually pretty good quality. You can also put it toward going to conventions or that Sugar Star/Chance you always wanted to get.
I'd buy this set though. Power Ponies are pretty cool and they're pretty decent quality (aside from AJ's eyes and Rainbow's sub-colored mane).
>>26000397 Fucking. this. I used to be super self conscious when shopping for pony shit but then I realized how very little people care. Even if they did, why the fuck does their opinion matter? We'll never meet ever again anyways.
>>25998212 Just buy them. Of all the MLP toys they are among the more interesting ones. Plus when buying them they come in a nice set with all 6 as opposed to something like the the body wash bottles which only have 4 of the characters. They actually cost less than the Funko vinyls, too.
>>25998401 I got a custom 47x19 MLP poster framed. Walk in like a boss and own it. If it bothers you so much, just go to the store knowing exactly what you want. Pick it out and head straight to checkout. Less time being under scrutiny.
Thread replies: 21 Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 391551
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at email@example.com with the post's information.