[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen Baldios?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (87KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 500x442px
Has anyone seen Baldios?
>>
>>13865283

presumably many Japanese
>>
>>13865283
I have, it's pretty cool, but can be boring at times, Gamjado confirmed for most underrated mecha.
>>
I've only seen the compilation movie and the episodes subbed by BlueFixer. I liked it and hopefully someone will pick up the rest ha ha ha ha fat chance.
>>
>>13865339
>spoiler
Luurah is on a 70s/80s kick and is on the verge of finally finishing projects, so never say never.
>>
>>13865283
Jamie was best girl
>>
>>13865339
is the compillation film an okay way to experience baldios?
>>
File: image.png (503KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
503KB, 500x442px
>>13865283
He's right here
>>
File: Baldios.gif (854KB, 490x268px) Image search: [Google]
Baldios.gif
854KB, 490x268px
>>13865289
>presumably many Japanese

and Italians as well (it was broadcast in Italy in the very early eighties). Tv series and film (the complete film). It's a great science fiction series, one of the most interesting and less dumbed-down giant robot series. A lot of melodrama, almost shojo-like, and of course the titular robot.
The ending was unexpected, in the tv series as in the movie version. Poor Earth.
>>
>>13865547

Guidos sure do love retro mecha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqw34dCVDsw
>>
>>13865547
Plus the Arabs, apparently (in before VF-Kun).
>>
>>13865616
>Guidos sure do love retro mecha

It's less retro than fucking Gundam you faggot.
>>
>>13865436
I don't know how it compares to watching the entire series. I am told it provides the intended ending to Baldios, since the actual TV series was cancelled and had to end prematurely.

With that said, it made sense to me, and I was able to follow the plot. And I found the ending rather grim. Unfortunately it cut down on the mecha action a LOT. Since the movie focuses on the plot, Baldios is barely there at all.
>>
>>13865547
Bad GIF or is that how the show looked? With 70s anime, you never know.
>>
>>13865795
>Bad GIF or is that how the show looked? With 70s anime, you never know

Baldios was made in 1980, broadcast from mid 1980 to 1981 and the film was released in late 1981. It is not a seventies era anime. Don't be fooled by the animation. The story, the characters, the politics, the drama is all very modern.
>>
>>13865436
Not really. It's a somewhat comparable case to Ideon TV and Be Invoked. It's mainly meant to be a finale to the TV series. It does have a super fast forward version of the events of the TV series which is primarily, but it's poorly done and probably was made with the expectation that the viewer already had seen the series.

You might enjoy it anyway (people seem to) but it's definitely not a proper substitute for the series and you won't really understand the story.
>>
>>13866172
would it make more sense if you watch the episodes that are already subbed then watch the movie?
>>
>>13866261
Probably not. I say probably because I don't really know how much episodes are subbed. The movie picks up around one of the final TV episodes. Since it was cancelled, the movie is basically a condensed version of those final episodes that were never created.
>>
>>13866280
So basically just work with what you got huh?
>>
>>13865283
According to Japanese summaries, it's Ideon's counterpart - came out at the same time, tried to tell a deeper narrative, got cancelled, plot summed up and completed in compilation movie... hell, if you want to look at little things, they both even have similar sizes on the main mechs, which are both three combiners.

I'd fucking love to watch it, but, well, NOSUBS. Oh well. Luurah might snag it eventually.

>>13865795
Early 80s, actually.
>>
>>13866280
>I don't really know how much episodes are subbed.
Pretty much five.
http://bluefixer.(blog in this spot).com.au/search/label/Baldios
>>
>>13865283
Psyco Gundam ripoff

Hi Rick
>>
>>13866667
The one and only
>>
>>13865795
Nah, that gif is pretty goddamn bad.
>>
I saw on Twitter this was being released on Blu-ray but never saw anything else about it.
>>
>>13866953
That is correct. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if a sub project won't happen until sometime after that release comes out, for the optimal experience.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.