[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like how this game mixes elements of the TV and movie versions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

I like how this game mixes elements of the TV and movie versions of 0079, as well as slipping in some side story stuff.

I also like how GP-01fb is on the cover despite 0079 being the main story mode.
>>
I just like creating a pilot, that's my favorite feature in a Gundam game
>>
>>13864314
I wish you were allowed to do more missions using your pilot. The experience always felt so short.
>>
I can't remember if this game has better or worse acting than the shows, because I know they redubbed the scenes for the game.
>>
>>13865157
I think the 0079 actors did pretty much the same quality as they did in the TV dub. 0083 had completely different VAs, though, with Kou shouting GODOWNINFLAMES every time he shoots.
>>
>>13864303
This game was great back in the day and did many things well
>Space Battles when most Gundam games keep you grounded.
>Separate story lines to play through
>Create your own pilot and level him up
Sadly, it doesn't hold up that well and 99% of the game play is holding down fire to multi-lock while constantly side stepping (seriously don't ever stop). That said still one of the best Gundam games to date.
>>
>>13865348
The acting for the 0079 actors was a bit more phoned in for the game, direction was probably pretty weak
>>
>>13865062

Would have been real fun to use them in like Arcade Mode, or an extended Campaign.
>>
YES MY SWEEEEEEET, YES MY SWEETEST
>>
It was an overall pretty mediocre game.
There were a few neat ideas but it was so so when it came down to being fun. It was rather easy almost all the time, except for a few examples.
Plus it was quite repetitive.
>>
File: LWC_front.jpg (64KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
LWC_front.jpg
64KB, 500x706px
>>13865413
>most Gundam games keep you grounded.
Speaking of, here's the best Gundam in ground game (according to my nostalgia)
Also the best boxart
>>
Some of the VAs for the 0083 characters really annoyed me. I liked who they had for Gato but Delaz's VA and Kou's VA were really poor.

Also
>Dra-C beating Tallgeese III

Forever.
>>
>>13864303
If I remember right this the game that finally taught me to ignore IGN reviews. The guy gave it a low score and made it really obvious he didn't even make it past the first mission.
>>
I enjoyed journey to jaburo immensely
Aged pretty well and the graphics are pretty great for a 2005 game
>>
>>13866205
i like that game, it has the best Zock redesign if all time. and apparently Zepyranthes is the strongest unit in the game.
>>
File: lwc_mudrock.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lwc_mudrock.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>13866266
Try Lost War Chronicles, it's similar thought sadly never made it to the west. Also Journey to Jaburo is 2001 release not 2005
>>13866274
Zephyrantes, Alex, and Mudrock made the roster imbalanced. Zeon campaign feels like hard modo to me.
And this game must have the best MS selection screen ever.
>>
>>13866259
Always ignore mainstream gaming media when it comes to Japanese games. Game reviewers generally hate Japan.

IGN is for normalfags anyway.
>>
>>13867260
Whoops! Got one year war mixed up with it.

One year war was so appealing, that when I played Journey to Jaburo, I could not stand the outdated controls.
Also I got them in Japan for 200yen a pop so I was content really.

Shame I couldn't find other variety of games such as federation vs zeon as well.
>>
What are some good Gundam games you can play on PC where you can win as Fed using grunt MS like GMs, Jegans?
>>
>>13867739
Does emulation count? There's the Sega Saturn games (Blue Destiny), and the Dreamcast game (Rise from the Ashes).
>>
>>13867626
Emulate Fed v Zeon and Gundam v Zeta, they look amazing.
>>
I would pay good money for a English grand strategy Gundam game
>>
>>13866205
I can't find an .Iso of this anywhere.
>>
>>13867771
Ok, but are there PC ones?
>>
>>13867840
You could just pay someone to translate Gihren's Greed of your choice for you.

It'd probably be upwards of $10k USD once you're done though, including translations but also modify the game text to Roman letters.
>>
File: GA Gundam.jpg (119KB, 850x907px) Image search: [Google]
GA Gundam.jpg
119KB, 850x907px
>>13868006
Modification isn't going to happen. All of the translation groups have said for a decade that Gihren's Greed is never going to be translated with how they were pumping them out and the amount of content there is.

Not to mention you pulled that quote out of your ass.
>>
>>13868083
>All of the translation groups have said for a decade that Gihren's Greed is never going to be translated with how they were pumping them out and the amount of content there is.
Despite the terrible track record, I'm sure groups have said the same thing about SRW.
>>
>>13868083
>Not to mention you pulled that quote out of your ass.
What quote?
The price? Well fucking duh. Even Vitamin Quest took an undisclosed amount of cash to translate, and it's has far, far less text.
Put your "good money" where your ass is and go pay people to translate it, even if you have to approach professionals.
>>
>>13868089
SRW is going incredibly slowly and doesn't have the same amount of text as GG.
>>
>>13867940
Are there only 3 PC Gundam games?
>>
>>13868132
are you retarded?

like shit it's pretty damn clear that gundam doesn't have many games let alone the fact that we literally have threads for all of the popular ones
>>
>>13868494
Except there are tons of Gundam games.
>>
>>13868510
>gundam
SD Gundam easily makes up half of the total games. The list of good Gundam games is very easy to break down:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition V: Menace of Axis (japanese strategy hard)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo (slow af)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front (muh tactics)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon (arcade combat)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam (sequel to above)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles (a better J2J)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space (still not great)
SD Gundam G Generation F-IF (SRW: Gundam edition)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Wars 0122 (what the shit even is this)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. (arcade but more acrobatic)
Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes (first person)
>>
>>13868533
>good
Way to move that goalpost to keep from looking like a moron.

Also
>not including Endless Duel
>not naming any of the Battle Master/Battle Assault games
Hell even the Seed Destiny fighting game is ok for something released on GBA.
Do you just hate fightan or something?
>>
>>13868542
you can literally google gundam games

you can look at the /m/ threads

i fucking said half of the games are just sd shit, and no, i don't like fighting games but you're fully capable of adding that to the list of good games if you want

if someone is desperately looking for pc gundam games here's the good gundam shit - emulate it like everyone else on pc does
>>
>>13868551
>like shit it's pretty damn clear that gundam doesn't have many games

You fucked up.
>>
>>13867771
are the saturn games actually playable when emulated?

saturn support has been sluggish and the emulators are pretty shit tier still
>>
>>13867847
Aww man, you're out of luck. I used to have .iso of that game, until I deleted it recently to make room in my HDD. I wish I remember where I store the disc; not that I have working DVD drive to rip it anyway
>>
>>13868655
https://file.al/58uh4ksu2uw3/Kidou_Senshi_Gundam_Senki_-_Lost_War_Chronicles_%5BNTSC-J%5D_%5BSLPS-25123%5D.7z.html

i gotchu senpai

also there needs to be more gundam games that aren't the same thing rehashed 5 times
>>
>>13868574
Yeah, I've finished all 3 episodes. If you didn't know, the game has 3 CDs, each one with 6 stages. We call them "episodes" because they were released a few months apart.
>>
>>13868551
>>13868574
I'm asking for PC ones because emulation doesn't always runs well.
>>
>>13866266
that game has awful controls, and is way too hard for it's own good

>>13870453
there's pretty much only one non-SD Gundam game on PC, MSG Online, it has it's own General here on /m/ it's kinda a pain in the ass to get set up though
>>
>>13864303
Enjoyed how they combined the on-rail segments with the "All Range Mode" combat sections.
It combined the gameplay of Star Fox 64 (which I was really into around the same time) with the Gundam franchise
>>
>>13868533
Gundam Batle Universe
Senki 0081
Another Century Episode 2
Gundam Unicorn PS3 (From Software needs to make more gundam games)
>>
>>13869039
Awesome. Thanks a lot
>>13870585
>Gundam Unicorn PS3
That game has potential but the actual content that isn't DLC is really sparse
>>
>>13870585
>Gundam Unicorn PS3

it's so good. it's like FromSoft throw away the controls from ACE:R then perfected the ACE 2-3 controls.
>>
>>13867271
I somewhat agree that Encounters in Space isn't that great, but IGN gave Gundam vs Zeta Gundam a 3/10.
>>
>>13870453
Yes, emulation does. Some older/less popular consoles take some fine-tuning, but emulation for PS2 and PSX is amazing.
>>
>>13870777
>>13870585
Can't you make your own pilot in the Unicorn game?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.