[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do VF's hit each other at all? The speed in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: .jpg (394KB, 1779x1046px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
394KB, 1779x1046px
How the fuck do VF's hit each other at all?
The speed in which they can correct their direction is much faster than you could possibly aim and they outrun any missle 99% of the time
>>
>>13857506
Their bullets and missiles fly pretty quick.

Aim the gun well and you'll hit.
Missiles still hit, if the enemy don't increase the throttle and pull evasive maneuvers or shoot them down, they are dead. If the pilot is good they will survive missiles, if they are bad, missiles will kill them.
>>
File: 64001954.jpg (100KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
64001954.jpg
100KB, 500x281px
>>
>>13857541
You shoot a whole bunch of missiles.

I mean a whole BUNCH of missiles.
>>
>>13857506
Aim at where the craft WILL BE and not WHERE IT IS.

Have you never played a Macross/A.C.E. game?
>>
>>13857506
I'd imagine their targeting system is just as advanced as their ability to dodge.

If anything I'd question how any pilots can keep up with the speed before cyborgization with the VF-27 and the EX gear on YF-24 and later valkyries literally reading nerve impulses (and providing feedback) from muscles in your hands and feet to control the fighter.
>>
>>13857506
My question is "Why are the missiles such utter shit?". They're LESS agile than the planes they're launched from. That makes no damn sense, because a missile has multiple advantages that should leave it with a better turning speed and circle.
>>
>>13857700
Maybe they can't fit the bullshit tier VF engines onto their missiles.
>>
Usually VFs aren't made to fight other VFs.
>>
>>13857700
>>13857872
Muh thrust vectoring.
>>
File: movie circus.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
movie circus.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>13857700
Still 10x better than missiles from Gundam. Those things just give up after they pass the target. At least in Macross they continue to chase their target. Most of the time anyway.
>>
>>13858050
Minovsky particles, man.
>>
>>13858083
Still doesn't excuse other Gundam series with no particle jamming bullshit.
>>
>>13858115
Do you not know what fuel is
missiles are on inertial when they hit 99% of the time anyway, the idea of burning all the way to the target and having fuel to make more passes is silly, even in macross, where the missiles are said to be datalink enabled to prevent NEEDING to make multiple passes in the first place.

Missiles in US Gundam are usually grenades with guidance on them anyway, not full missiles.
>>
That's the thing.

You only need ONE missile to hit to down a plane.

So if you fire 300 of them, if the guy isn't an ace then statistically one will hit him.
>>
>>13857506

>Taking vietnamese moving pictures seriously
>>
>>13857506
The goal of the plane and pilot being chased by missiles is to make the missile expend all its energy turning while popping large amounts of countermeasures. To paraphrase:

1) Make the missile to slow down by forcing it to maneuver and waste energy.

2) Fool the missile into chasing a different target.
>>
>>13858115
Are you expecting anything even remotely realistic out of a super robot show like Gundam Wing for some reason?
>>
>>13858136
Nigger, they shoot missiles in dogifhgts literally tens of meters from each other, they learned from Vietnam about the neccesity of not just launching some guided missiles from 10 miles away and being assured the enemy couldn't avoid them all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.