[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started watching macross. So what should i watch next?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I just started watching macross. So what should i watch next? Macross 7 or same of the ova. This thing is more confusing than gundam.
>>
It's not difficult to look up the date when each installment was released.
>>
>>13856969
It really isn't.
After you finish SDF Macross, watch Do You Remember Love. It's a movie edition, with some major changes, but it's very good.
Then just watch it whichever order you want, but production order would probably be preferable. There's no real link between any of the shows, but in Macross Frontier there's a Zentraedi with a picture of Lynn Minmei, who's still searching for her after she disappeared. So I assume that maybe, just maybe, Kawamori has some direction or end scenario he's planning to go towards, but I really doubt it.
>>
>>13856976
So are the changes in the movie that big. I trout it was like the gundam movies just better art.
>>
>>13856969
>his thing is more confusing than gundam.
There is literally a fucking chronological release list on Wikipedia all nice and neat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross

Also watch DYRL

>>13856979
>So are the changes in the movie that big. I trout it was like the gundam movies just better art.
No, it's pretty much a completely different story
>>
>>13856969
You don't need to watch the movie version of the series, Do You Remember Love?, before other stuff. I actually don't recommend watching it right after the series because plot changes could annoy you and it will all be fresh in your head. I watched it about a year after the main series and it was nice as a revisit of the familiar stuff with amazing new production values.

After SDF Macross (first series) Macross+ is probably what you want next. What's confusing there though is that Macross+ has an OVA and movie release that are slightly different. I prefer the OVA but if you want the movie that's fine, they're paced a bit differently and have a bit of different stuff but are 90% the same thing.
>>
>>13856994
>. I actually don't recommend watching it right after the series because plot changes could annoy you and it will all be fresh in your head.
Uh, I watched it right after I finished SDF. Didn't affect me any.
>>
File: 1449865257294.jpg (404KB, 1115x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449865257294.jpg
404KB, 1115x1024px
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.