[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best chart? Best chart.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: gundamguide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
Best chart? Best chart.
>>
can i get the picture used for Turn A in there?
>>
File: m rec homo.jpg (2MB, 1648x5950px) Image search: [Google]
m rec homo.jpg
2MB, 1648x5950px
There is only one good /m/ chart.
>>
On the subject of Charts. How many size charts were made? I have the ones from the 80s to the 10s, was there a 70s one?
>>
>>13854289
So, how bad is IBO's entry going to be?
>>
>>13859669
Pros
"Touted as the next 00"
Cons
"Actually the next Wing"
>>
>>13859673
Pros
> Easy to follow story
> Soundtrack has some good songs
> Had a very good hype campaign

Cons
> plenty of instances of subpar animation.
> Repetitive dialogue and forced exposition
> Character designs look like they're from multiple anime
>>
>>13859752
That's actually pretty accurate but I would add to the Pros:
>attempts a more grounded approach to MS battles and technology
>>
For Gundam, I prefer the MUH chart.
>>
>>13859752
> Repetitive dialogue and forced exposition
A more grounded way to say that would be that there's more dialogue and extended periods of inaction than is the norm.

Which I don't mind personally, Okada's spending more time on the characters than on the MS battles, but I understand that people download these to watch the mobile suit fights.
>>
>>13859752
>Repetitive dialogue and forced exposition
Nitpick, but "repetitive dialogue and excessive exposition" sounds better to me.

>>13859807
It's supposed to have a negative connotation. It's under the "con" section after all.
>>
>>13859832
>Nitpick, but "repetitive dialogue and excessive exposition" sounds better to me.
Yeah, I agree with that. Pretty much every Gundam has forced exposition, but IBO just keeps going over the same shit again and again. I don't mind having less battles in this series, but when they keep telling me things I already know it drags the whole show down. It has 25 episodes, so it shouldn't waste time like IBO does.
>>
Guy who made that chart. Thanks for the compliment, and also suggestions for IBO. I'll probably wait to see if season 2 gets announced before updating it.
>>
>>13859673
Next x you mean
>>
>>13859933
>Next x you mean
>X
is this like the Summer Glau of Gundam?
>>
>>13859933
No, see:
>X: Decent show nobody watched
>Wing: Mediocre show everybody watched
>>
>>13859626
I dunno but I'm waiting until we have so many Gundam charts we start making charts about getting into Gundam charts.
>>
>>13860010

IBO is a bad show no one watches.
>>
>>13859807
>Okada's spending more time on the characters than on the MS battles,

Which people would be alright with if the character development was actually interesting. It has nothing to do with just wanting mobile suit fights people are upset with so much time being spent on the characters yet hardly anything new developing from them.
>>
>>13854289
>TRY
>carries over much of the atmosphere from the first season
That's a lie.

>Combination gimmicks and creative new designs
That was one of the worst things aobut it, gimmicks were shit and there were too many original suits

>returning characters are generally handled well
BULLSHIT
Ral was useless through the entire series, they turned Meijin into a joke, Alan became a fag, Crossbone guy jobbed for no reason and China might as well not be there at all.

I get you HAVE to put some pros there but come one.
>>
>>13860126
>Okada's spending
Hasn't she only scripted like three episodes?

Honestly, the skeleton of the show is pretty solid.
>>
>>13860010
People did watch X. They just didn't like it and it didn't sell merchandise so views dropped and it got a new timeslot.
>>
>>13860385
People on /m/ and westerners in general didn't during its airing. That's what the perspective of this thread is about.
>>
>>13860393
People have had more than enough time to watch it since then. There is no way of telling who has or hasn't watched X. The opinions of it on /m/ vary from it's great to its bad. Hell, the X thread we have up right now has people agreeing X has bad action sequences yet this chart says otherwise. The chart says the series ends well when it doesn't. It's rushed as hell with no real final battle. The chart doesn't even mention how horrible the villains are or how the series goes through a boring monster of the day phase.
>>
>>13860393
That's not really a fair comparison because westerners as of now have two different sites they can legally watch IBO with subs and a bunch of sites to torrent it. X on the other hand was pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>13860404
That has nothing to do with
>They just didn't like it and it didn't sell merchandise so views dropped and it got a new timeslot.
Which suggests the people here on /m/ and people in the west had any influence on how X performed in Japan. That's not the case.

I didn't give an opinion on the show either, so I don't really care about your tl;dr.

>>13860407
That was my point.
>>
File: 1433951983757.png (445KB, 528x516px) Image search: [Google]
1433951983757.png
445KB, 528x516px
>>13860411
Oh my bad, I guess I can't follow a conversation to save my life.
>>
>>13860411
>3 lines
>tl;dr

People on /m/ and westerners in general didn't watch most Gundam series when they aired. That's not really an excuse.
>>
>>13860422
Again that has nothing to do with how it performs in Japan.

The chart isn't designed with the Japanese perspective in mind.
>>
>>13860428
Yes it's designed with /m/ in mind. People on /m/ have watched X, People on /m/ are talking about X right now and opinions are split.
>>
File: barbatos.jpg (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
barbatos.jpg
22KB, 512x512px
>>13859752
>Had a very good hype campaign
Pic related was the only good part of it, it lasted one week or more and then we learned about Nagai&Okada, the hype died instantly.

I don't know why it should be a pro though since it doesn't affect the anime in itself.
>>
>>13860442
Okada didn't kill hype. People were praising her if only for trainwreck potential. Barbatos and the Graze had a lot of people loving them when they were revealed. The show itself was heavily liked until about episode 4 or 5 when people started poking holes in it.
>>
>>13860458
That's also when Okada stopped writing scipts.
>>
>>13860010

IBO is the new SEED.

X: Decent show, but nothing really stands out.

SEED: Mediocre show with some real shortcomings. Is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>13860458
>graze
as long as you don't look waist-down. The Graze legs are awful and I definitely hate hookerheels more than Delta Flats.
>>
>>13854289
I don't like that chart at all.
Many of the pros and cons are ether super vague or really insignificant to a point where it's basically useless as any kind of "should I watch this" guide.

I'd rather have a paragraph of actual writing, little synopsis or plot or premise and some thoughts about the show.
Even if it was super full of personal bias and opinions, it would be more useful that that thing.
>>
Since we are criticizing the chart I would like to nitpick and say that it bothers me that in Awakening of the Trailblazer it says "Realistic approach to alien life..."

It should be 'interesting' or 'non-conventional', because we don't know how a realistic alien looks like.
>>
>>13859669
I'm more interested in how Thunderbolt's entry will turn out.
>>
>>13861687
Is killing cripples pro or con?
>>
>>13854289
>X
>good fights

I must be watching a totally different show because while I really like X the fights are some of the most unremarkable fights in the franchise I've seen yet.
>>
>>13861754
Depends on whether they're dicks.
>>
>>13861620
I prefer the MUH CHART
>>
>>13861675
I would prefer that it said shitty version of Fafner: Dead Aggressor
>>
>>13859752
>easy to follow story
I heavily disagree with this.
>>
>>13864877
Really?

I honestly can't tell if this is bait, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

How so?
>>
>>13864886
Not that anon, but I'd say that keeping track of all the different factions, what old man is part of what faction and what faction is group in what bigger faction and what their relations are can be hard.

I'm generally just terrible at remembering names and faces, be it characters or factions, so if I don't remember who or what something is, I don't care and just see what happens, usually the story comes through even if I skip the details.

Although, one could say that the web of factions is not the story per say, but more of a setting detail.
>>
>>13860462
Wait what? Is the ship literally sailing without a captain right now? Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>13868979
Nah, Nagai is still there.
>>
>>13868979
She did Series Comp, but there are lots of scriptwriters which is hwy the show seems like it stutters every episodes.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.