[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Variable Fighter's Legs/Engine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: vf-1-transformation1.gif (135KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
vf-1-transformation1.gif
135KB, 1000x713px
As pic shows, if the legs of a Variable Fighter are its engines, then how does the fuel flow out of there? I mean, wouldn't it harm the mechanical components inside the legs/engines?
>>
>>13841105
>I mean, wouldn't it harm the mechanical components inside the legs/engines?
No.

Next question.
>>
>>13841108
What is the purpose of the battroid mode anyway?
>>
>>13841125
to sell toys

next
>>
>>13841108

>>No

How so?
>>
>>13841125
In-universe?
To wrestle with giants.
>>
>>13841136
Powerful enough fuel pumps and proper design of fuel injector systems?
Why the hell would the fuel damage the mechanical components and engine if you designed your stuff properly?
>>
>>13841125
>What is the purpose of the battroid mode anyway?
You need boots on the ground in any conflict. Since they were fighting giants, the regular infantry wouldn't do. Thus >>13841137
>>
Stop ruining our cartoons with your science.
>>
>>13841143
Didn't they stop using fuel and switch to their magical future reactors by the start of SDF? I'm pretty sure that no amount of jet fuel, no matter how potent, would allow a Valkyrie to operate for hours and still exit the atmosphere, as is regularly seen in 7 and Frontier.
>>
>>13841160
>Didn't they stop using fuel and switch to their magical future reactors by the start of SDF?
They use thermonuclear rocket engines, IIRC. Nothing terribly futuristic, just really, really good versions of stuff that exists today.
>>
>>13841143

>>Why the hell would the fuel damage the mechanical components and engine if you designed your stuff properly?

Because if you use fuel in Fighter Mode, won't the components needed to make the Variable Fighter walk when in GERWALK or Battroid modes be damaged, depending on how much fuel you use?
>>
>>13841105
It doesn't need fuel in the atmosphere. It just heat up air sucked by the fan using it's thermonuclear engine. In space it does need propellant to burn
>>13841167
>just really, really good versions of stuff that exists today.
I don't think functional fusion reactor exists today, or at least not as common as fission reactors
>>13841179
I don't get it, are you saying the fuel is stored in GERWALK/Battroid joints?
Either way, the answer for whatever implausible tech in Macross is simply 'alien technology'
>>
>>13841179
The fuel lines are clearly designed with transformation in mind, so no, none of the components would be damaged. And notice how in 7 and Zero the engines are cut before the transformation begins and re-ignited once the legs are in their proper positions.

There's also the fact Valkyrie legs don't really transform that much.
>>
File: vf-1-transformation2.gif (171KB, 1000x747px) Image search: [Google]
vf-1-transformation2.gif
171KB, 1000x747px
>>13841627

>>And notice how in 7 and Zero the engines are cut before the transformation begins and re-ignited once the legs are in their proper positions.

You mean like this?
>>
>>13841771
'cut' as in 'turned off' or 'shutdown'
>>
File: image.jpg (340KB, 2048x1228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340KB, 2048x1228px
Things like this gonna happen a lot.
>>
>>13841834

Thanks
>>
>>13841843
Speaking of preflight checks Alto running through one in SnT was a great touch.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.