[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: char.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
I've seen my share of Gundam (Original, Zeta, 8th MS Team, Stardust, G, 00, Seed) but I've skipped ZZ because I couldn't get over the first ten episodes. That might change in the future, but that's not what I want to ask you guys about.
I've recently viewed CCA, and I've concluded that I' not exactly sure how to feel about Char. How does /m/ see him? Because I see him as a very small man. Someone whose principles keep changing, but who refuses to acknowledge this fact and remains fanatically devout to whatever floats his boat at the moment.
Thoughts?
>>
>>13837790

No, that's pretty much it. He's a fundamentally petty dude. And an asshole.
>>
He is aimless after there are no more zabis... so he becomes a flavor of the week evangelist.
>>
yeah, Char's mostly a short-sighted, impulsive dick.
>>
>>13837810

The first and last time he had a cogent plan was KILL ALL ZABIS SPACE WAR NOW, and when Kycilia died he was just out of it.
>>
>>13837790
It's important to remember that Char is a borderline sociopath, and when Lalah dies, he loses probably the one person he had any attachment to and that maybe, just maybe, might have been able to mediate his problems and help him live a normal life after everything was said and done.

Conflict becomes the reason for his existence after that. He actively seeks it out, justifying it each time in order to get people on his side, but he doesn't actually CARE about most of them. He just wants to use them to help build a space where he can live, waging war against someone or something. And each time he starts again, he gets a little bit more drastic and self-destructive.

Interestingly, that's why Full Frontal is a fantastic villain. Full Frontal is Char after all of his dreams were crushed, and he realizes there's no real way for him to be happy or to belong anywhere, so he might as well actually try and become this hero that everyone thinks he is.
>>
>>13837790
Char has had one major goal when he started out. That was revenge for his family by killing the Zabi family. He accomplished that. But he had also lost all faith in humanity after seeing the Federation's actions and continuing wars. For years, he was too insecure to take command even though he was being urged to do so by those that knew him. After what happened to the A.E.U.G. and all of his friends there, Char had finally had enough. He finally became leader they all told him to be. He wanted all humans to become newtypes, so Char tried to force them off the planet. This would also let planet Earth recuperate so it was a win-win. But Char is still human. He still blamed Amuro for Lalah's death and wanted to fite him irl.

Even though Char's life is wildly fantastical, he's still a really easy character to relate to because his motivations are based on common human emotions and insecurities. He's still a douchebag, though.
>>
>>13837836
>After what happened to the A.E.U.G. and all of his friends there, Char had finally had enough.

He really burst into action, didn't he? His AEUG friends die and then a mere six years later he does something.
>>
>>13837790
He never learn to let go. that's was his problem. for over the span of nearly 20 years he never ever try to let go.
>>
>>13837854
How long does it take YOU to raise an army and build experimental suits
>>
>>13837868
Like a year tops.
>>
>>13837868
c'mon raising a Zeon remnant force is about as tough as organizing a touch football game
>>
Greatest visionary of the Universal Century.
Reminder that Judau carries on this ideals in late UC.
>>
>>13837901
>Reminder that Judau carries on this ideals in late UC.
Jewdough? Is that some fan fiction character? This is canon discussion.
>>
>>13837931
*tips fedora*
>>
>>13837885
Saved for future generations of zeeks
>>
>>13837885
On saturday no less.
Without the need to make a BBQ afterparty later
>>
>>13837874
Not in non BanRise retcon time.
>>
>>13837942
>Can only post an old and busted meme
It's the hipsters who think ZZ is canon now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.