[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you normally pace yourself when watching shows, /m/? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: latest[1].jpg (52KB, 533x378px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
52KB, 533x378px
How do you normally pace yourself when watching shows, /m/? Do you watch 3 episodes at a time? 5?
Or are you one of those madmen who marathon an entire series in one go?
Or the true madmen who only watch a single episode a day?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Depends on how much I'm enjoying the series really
>>
Depends on if I'm enjoying the show and by how much.
I went through all of 0079 within a weekend, whereas ZZ took me a week and a half. Zeta was four days for reference.
>>
>>13837638
i watch until i want to stop
>>
>>13837638
Depends on how much I'm enjoying the show and, of course, how much free time I have on hand. ∀ Gundam and Big O had me doing stretches of 7-10 episodes at times. For shows that I enjoy less it could be as little as one episode every few days.
>>
I watched 0079 in a day and a half, zeta in 2 days, went back and watched 08th, 0080, and 0083 in a day, then watched zz in 3 days, cca, and unicorn in 2 days, victory in 3 days, and am currently shotgunning seed... I'm a madman I guess
>>
>>13837638
Maximum of 2 episodes a day.
>>
>>13837638
I watch until I get tired really. While watching LoGH for example, I was sick for a week and plowed through episodes 25~70 within that time.
>>
>>13837638
If it's a "short series" (26 eps or less) I usually watch one, sometimes two episodes a day.
With long series like Gundam I usually watch 2-3 episodes a day and then I might marathon the last episodes. Sometimes I might not watch anything for a week and then jump right back into it. It really says something when I started watching Gundam two years ago and reached Victory just recently. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the next batch of episodes coming out. I've been stuck on 26 for some time now.
>>
>>13837638
>How do you normally pace yourself when watching shows, /m/? Do you watch 3 episodes at a time? 5?

Since I don't hoard anime, and don't want and don't feel the need to watch everything that has ever been made I take it pleasurely. 1 episode per day. Sometimes 2 at the most. This gives the time to enjoy watching the series, thinking about it and not ending up being disgusted.

LoGH watched it 1 episode per day
Frontier 1 episode per day
Most Gundams 1 episode per day except for GBF and Try (simulcast)
Fafner Exodus episode per week (this was necessary since I was watching it as it aired in Japan).
etc...
>>
>>13837638
Usually an episode or two once a month
>>
>>13837638
I usually do even numbers at a time, 4 or 6 on weekdays, 12 or more on weekends, along with airing shows.
If it's a one cour show, I'll watch 6 eps, then do something else, then 6 more. Or rather, like >>13837646 said, I'll watch as many until I want to stop, but always on an even number.
Odd numbered episode series, like 13 or 25 episodes, annoy me because halfway isn't episode 6 or 12, so I'll always have a watching session where I have to watch an uneven amount of episodes.

I used to have a viewing schedule when I was a NEET, where I would watch X episodes (usually 5) of series A, then Y episodes of series B, back to series A, then back to series B. Usually I would get up to 30 episodes per day, so I finished most of the 50 ep Gundam series in around one and a half or two and a half days, but AGE and SEED took longer since I'm in uni now.
I'm taking it a lot slower though, so I can build up a bunch of shows and stuff to watch over summer. I'm doing a Victory rewatch now as EG releases the BDs, I've been going through the Ghibli catalogue one movie a day, just have Earthsea left then I'm done, and I've been going through OVAs and other movies as well. I'm also going through Tekkaman right now, but I've been taking it really slow, watching one episodes every few days or weeks.
>>
3 episodes. Because buses.
>>
I watch one a day, because I juggle 2-3 series at a time.
>>
1-2 episodes a day
>>
>>13837638
I'm "one of those madmen who marathon an entire series in one go". I either drop something on ep 1-3, or watch it until the end. Just couple of days ago I decided to rewatch BF and couldn't stop. Even though I had important work to do, I just kept watching, one ep after another. Horrible.
>>
>>13837638
It depends on the show. Something slower pace and more subtle like Turn A are good for 3 episodes a day max. Enough to get some solid story development, but not enough that you get fatigued and miss some of the subtle stuff. Then there's less detail oriented and faster pace stuff like Wing that I could do 5-6 episodes a day. Then there's something like Yamato that I did 1 episode a day for 26 days and it was awesome because I kind of felt I was on the journey with the crew.
>>
Whatever I feel like at the time. Sometimes I go through entire series in a day, sometimes I watch shows over a period of months.
>>
Depends on free time. Normally I watch 3-4 episodes a day, if I have free time I marathon one series in one go depending on the length, and if there is a TON of time to spare, I pick TWO series of similar length with a common 'theme' to watch at the same time, switching back and forth. Like what GunXSword and Godannar have in common? Character design and the same question on the first episode (Why are you wearing a tuxedo?).
>>
I try to watch at least 1 episode a day. But I tend to slip. It took me a years to watch Gundam 0079. It took me 3 years to watch Zeta Gundam. It took me a year to watch ZZ. And at the same times, I can manage to watch a two-cour series in a week. Used to be I'd watch a cour a night when I was younger. These days, though, alcoholism tends to invade my anime time.
>>
I take it slow for example: I watched 2 episodes of Armored Hunter Mellowlink every day for the past few days until I finished. My friend on the other hand, marathoned Gravion in about a day.
>>
Sometimes I watch an episode every few days, sometimes I marathon it. I watched all of Gravion in one night a while ago.
>>
Mostly just depends on how much time I have in a day, or what I feel like. Sometimes I can watch up to five, sometimes none at all.
>>
It depends entirely on how much time I have and how much I'm enjoying the series. Some shows I've watched in single sittings, some shows I've watched over months. Sometimes I'll marathon a show for a bit, stop and then marathon it again a bit weeks later.
>>
It really depends on how much I like it or how interested I am. I finished all of the early UC Gundam TV series(0079, Zeta, ZZ) as well as all the OVAs over a little less than 2 months during the winter intercession.

If a show hardly keeps my interest but am more than 4 or 5 episodes in I will finish it out of principle, usually 1 episode a day or less if I have literally anything else to do.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.