[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Butch no Reconguista

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 51

File: CaSboYGUAAEtg21.jpg (411KB, 1024x1498px) Image search: [Google]
CaSboYGUAAEtg21.jpg
411KB, 1024x1498px
A story is a method with which one separates things into good and evil via their imagination. It is a system needed for people to keep themselves sane and deal with the unreasoning chaos of reality. Religion offers the story of salvation, for example. Likewise, morals and ethics could be defined as the most popular story of the people of the age. But while these stories are harmless as long as they're used to keep individuals calm, this changes when they're used as tools for a country or race. Stories like "jews are an inferior race that have to be purged" and "capitalists are devils and if you suicide bomb them you can go to heaven" brought about tragedies due to their popularity. For an example on a smaller scale, it's not uncommon that a story that one person regards as a "small love story" turns out to be to the world at large a kidnapping of a minor. At times, stories are a poison that can drive a person mad. This presents a dilemma to us creators: If there are infinite possibilities in writing, is it possible to write a story about the potential danger of stories? A story that renounces stories? Yes it is. Reconguista of G did it.

(con.)
>>
>>13834158
Based anon!!!
>>
File: hair.png (584KB, 570x725px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
584KB, 570x725px
>>13834158
OP is it possible to post this translation to some site I could source for wikipedia?

If the pictures are just up somewhere I may be able to get away with that but it is unlikely
>>
>>13834158
The villains of G-Reco are bad guys are the people who take the simple event of "the Crescent Moon Ship is coming from Venus" and add their own interpretations to twist it into a story with which they can move the world. The exact same thing that dictators and cult leaders have done throughout history. Belri stops them by going along with the flow and doing his best to handle only what's in front of him. That's why there's no intentional dramaturgy to be found in the story which is shown from his viewpoint, and instead it's like reading a replay of a tabletop RPG or watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel where you're left in a vagueness free of undulations with no clear rhythm. The easiest example of someone fooled by the danger of stories is Mask. As a passionate revolutionary who seeks to free the oppressed caste of the Kuntala, he at first seems to be more of a hero than Belri, who just wanders around with no clear goal. However, in the show itself, discrimination against the Kuntala is only mentioned, and not once seen. In other words, in the world of G-Reco, discrmination against the Kuntala exists only in Mask's imagination, and this is his "story". And in order to complete said story, his forces onto Belri the roleplaying of the villain. This is solely because Belri's lineage and surroundings contain elements that would make him a good villain for Mask.

(2/3)
>>
>>13834208
That Belri doesn't respond by arguing with his old friend dramatically is what makes G-Reco amazing. In the end, Belri doesn't commit himself to a greater good or fate or anything above his personal level, and at each point in time only does what he thinks he ought to do at the moment. No matter how much his ex-friend runs around going crazy, Aida's more important to him. And at the end of this one-sided game of tag completely out of place between a robot anime's protagonist and his rival, the final episode concludes with the unthinkable, in which he just abandons the fight and runs off in his core fighter. All that's left are people who are strong enough to live without the lies of stories. They are freed from the boring curses known as "catharsis" or "conclusions" and head towards the future. When I saw the end credits I was just moved, and exlaimed " they did it!". I had been worried about the limits of storytelling, and was just thankful for this slap from a veteran creator to me. Reconguista of G made me genki.

(3/3)

>>13834207
Pastebinning now.
>>
>>13834207
Gimme a sec, I'm looking for the exact volume of the magazine to use as a source while I'm at it.
>>
>>13834208
>However, in the show itself, discrimination against the Kuntala is only mentioned, and not once seen.
He isn't quite right here. We get a few scenes where it is used as an insult even directed at Mask. But an important one is were Not-Yazan is teasing him, it is technically racism but nothing is meant by it more being like harsh military banter. Manny and Noredo are mostly able to just ignore this and get on with their lives, both achieving a decent amount doing so which is especially true if as their names suggest Noredo is related to the Pope. Basically it is the remnants of racism that is slowly dying

Though I think his interpretation way be from a Japanese view where what happen isn't racism to him but is to us
>>
>>13834207
http://pastebin.com/4R2a6SCn
>>
Great! Very interesting analysis, especially on the ending and Bellri-Aida.

>>13834208
>However, in the show itself, discrimination against the Kuntala is only mentioned, and not once seen. In other words, in the world of G-Reco, discrmination against the Kuntala exists only in Mask's imagination, and this is his "story".
This is not completely true though, we have seen kuntalas being denied access to some areas, made fun of, kicked and partly ghettoized. Kuntala are also a huge prejudice among spacenoids.
However I agree on the overall idea that Mask was blowing everything out of proportions and being delusional/in denial about Bellri. That is also what Tomino said about Kuntala: that was a terrible stain on human history but humanity learned to forgive after that.
>>
>>13834242

They were never outright denied or bullied except by a couple of soldier jerks, and nobody else cared. That's the point of Noredo as a counterpoint to Mask. She's a Kuntala same as him but doesn't give a fuck and ignores people if they try and put her down. Mask was harping on about some grand Kuntala narrative but it was mostly in his head.
>>
File: 46397720_p0.jpg (46KB, 537x758px) Image search: [Google]
46397720_p0.jpg
46KB, 537x758px
>>13834211
>All that's left are people who are strong enough to live without the lies of stories. They are freed from the boring curses known as "catharsis" or "conclusions" and head towards the future
This is actually a really odd compliment that can also be seen as an insult. On the one hand it is true that Greco's ending is a bit limp, but I think what he's getting at is the characters are choosing their lives over some dumb conflict. With Cumpa the idea consumed him but Bellri lets it go and goes on to live his life. There isn't a conclusion as such as these people are young and just about to really set out and do as they wish

The ending is still kinda weak though desu
>>
File: CZU96IoUAAAych_.jpg (42KB, 599x378px) Image search: [Google]
CZU96IoUAAAych_.jpg
42KB, 599x378px
>>13834232
Great. I'm going to ask about using it there first as I don't want the page to be reverted, I've been trying to clean it up as is
>>
Man, you can really see by these words how much Zeta influenced The Butcher.
He could have just said that all this was another Jerid-Kamille, but instead he decided to highlight the most important detail and difference between Bellri and Kamille: Bellri does not get involved beyond a personal level.
And indeed Kamille argues dramatically many times with Haman, Sciricco, Jerid, Char and Amuro about things way beyond his personal involvement.
Getting too much involved is exactly what turned Kamille into a vegetable and made Zeta ending so shocking.
This time Tomino made sure Bellri did not get involved beyond a personal level.

I bet he would not be so moved if Zeta didn't shock him as much as he always says.
>>
File: CT8flBMUkAAb06-.png (160KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CT8flBMUkAAb06-.png
160KB, 600x600px
>>13834302
>and difference between Bellri and Kamille: Bellri does not get involved beyond a personal level.
This is interesting when the story keeps trying to force him into a roll. He finds out he is the son of some revolutionaries and his response is "fucking seriously? so I can't bang her?" and then goes off in a strop. It never made Bellri feel he had to follow what they said cause that just isn't who he is. Both Bellri and Aida both have destinies thrust upon then from many different sides, and while they may use gifts like the G-Self or Crescent ship they ultimately decide their own goal.
>>
If Urobuchi liked it does that mean I have to stop liking it now?
>>
>>13834211
>in which he just abandons the fight and runs off in his core fighter.
To go back to his mom! Based Bellri!
>>
Well regardless of if I agree with him it seems the show inspired Gen so good for him.
>>
>>13834337
Butch worships the ground Tomino steps on.
>>
Reminder that TE spoiler guy is a shitposting liar and all his translations are fake lies.

https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136468403/#136473472
>>
>>13834371
Also that he doesn't live in Japan because he didn't like a movie I have never seen.
>>
>>13834302
Zeta is all about the catharsis at the end, G-reco proved that you can do without it and still make sense thematically.
>>
>>13834208
>villains of G-Reco are bad guys are the people who
>are bad guys are
Typo?
>>
>>13834208
>The villains of G-Reco are bad guys are the people who take the simple event of "the Crescent Moon Ship is coming from Venus" and add their own interpretations to twist it into a story with which they can move the world.

Why does this remind me of "Durandal's trying to take over Orb?" so very much?
>>
>>13834337
No, you're supposed to read what he says and agree with him or not.
>>
>>13834386

> Mask ultimately finds freedom from his own issues when he gets catharsis by defeating Bellri
> Aida spends the show chasing the story of the photon batteries and finds catharsis by stopping the building conflict between all the sides
> Klim finds catharsis by crushing his dad after realizing he was just a pawn in his story

> ending has no catharsis
>>
File: 1450333288811.png (1MB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450333288811.png
1MB, 900x720px
>>13834493
I think Mask is the only one who fits that, Aida and Klim are just keeping on as they have been for a while. Klim from the start really he'd been planning to take over from his dad very early on even talking to Mick about it

Also we should keep in mind catharsis is the translation, his original word may have other meanings
>>
>Reconguista of G made me genki.

GENKI NO G WA GEN UROBUCHI NO G
>>
>>13834158
thanks OP!
>>
>>13834509

I think Aida can be said to fit it as well because once she found out the source of the photon batteries and what was going on at Venus Globe she was left in a bit of a mire about what to do with that information along with having to face the possibility of taking command, a position she was very obviously uncomfortable with (she's offered and refuses it twice in the last few episodes alone), and helping to end the impending war between the various sides before it could get out of hand as just another pilot gave her freedom from that duty she didn't want - which is why she's just chilling on the Crescent Moon ship in the finale and happier there than she's been throughout the show. The only command she gave in the entire finale is ordering people to help each other now that the fighting was done.

Even Klim I think can be said to have found catharsis in the finale because him crushing his dad isn't done as a power grab, but as a simple act of revenge so that he could be free of his father and stop him from using him or his name for his own gain.
>>
>>13834207
that asshole 40yo christian editor is probably gonna remove it for stupid reasons again.
>>
>>13834211
>In the end, Belri doesn't commit himself to a greater good or fate or anything above his personal level, and at each point in time only does what he thinks he ought to do at the moment.

Does this make Bellri sound like Forrest Gump to anyone else here?
>>
>>13834550
gotta look out for your buddyloids
>>
>>13834242
>This is not completely true though, we have seen kuntalas being denied access to some areas, made fun of, kicked and partly ghettoized.
No you don't. The reason why the girls were kicked around was because the girls' school wasn't supposed to be there and they were talking out of line when they were being told to shut the hell up and get out.

Calling them Kuntala was an insult IN ADDITION to that. You have the cause and effect backwards.
>>
>>13834555
my what now?
>>
>>13834566
>You said "bitch"! MISOGYNIST MRA BIGOT DETECTED!
>>
File: 52937782_p6_master1200.jpg (240KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
52937782_p6_master1200.jpg
240KB, 500x491px
>>13834546
I don't quite agree

While Aida hasn't forced herself to be a total ruler but she is in some place of authority, she had become something of a diplomat or link between these two different worlds and her dress was meant to make her look more powerful. She was more comfortable as she was no longer living up to anyone or trying to prove herself, she had found her role

Klim enjoyed what he did but he acted no different for it, he was the same genius as always and had always took pleasure in stamping out people he opposes
>>
File: CS-jLg4UwAENTH8.jpg (43KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
CS-jLg4UwAENTH8.jpg
43KB, 600x730px
>>13834550
He hadn't edited other changes I've made other the past week so here is hoping

I'm just taking this one slow as the source is weaker and I don't want to set him or someone else off
>>
Reposting this

http://pastebin.com/N4LhzhFY

http://www.asahi.com/articles/DA3S11795546.html

Asahi Shinbun Digital, Subculture Commentary by Uno Tsunehiro "It's made to be hard to understand." (6th June 2015)

Tomino Yoshiyuki's latest work, Gundam: The Reconguista of G, which ended in March, continues to draw controversy even months after its conclusion.

The far future of Mobile Suit Gundam's Universal Century. After numerous space wars, civilisation on Earth regressed, and only by using the technology of the Universal Century to a limited degree are people living on. The story follows a boy and girl on Earth as they're thrown into a war surrounding remnants of UC technology, but it's nearly impossible to understand the entire story at one glance.

Conversations between characters don't seem to fit together, and the most basic of explanations about the situation have to be deducted from the most nonchalant of lines. A massive amount of information that you can only begin to understand after rewatching recordings several times while taking notes, and a miniscule amount of explanation lead to many viewers saying that they don't understand it. It is in my opinion however that it's made to be hard to understand.

The real world we live in doesn't have a narrative with an all-seeing point of view to organise and record all events. Every single person has their own separate, detached experiences. Fictional worlds, however, are organised; Seen and put together through the eyes of their creator.
>>
>>13834663
In other words, the 20th century was an age where we found out that while localised contexts have to be understood for three-dimensional real experiences to be shared, organised two-dimensional realities (images) could be shared widely through society easily without a need for this. It is a result of this that the media expanded, and it became an age where massive societies of unprecedented scale could be managed. Animation is basically an organised, unified reality where nothing exists on the screen that the creator(s) didn't intend to put there. It is no coincidence that animation and SFX dominate Hollywood's charts. Animation is the ultimate form of two-dimensional expression, with the widest and furthest reach. So why did Tomino Yoshiyuki chose to create, in such a medium, separate, detached spaces?

What we have here is a strong untimely message. In the present day, information and visuals flood the networks, and anything that you don't know can be searched for and understood instantly, and it is starting to be that the complicated detached realities mankind faced in the 20th century can only be found in media with high amounts of freedom to fabricate, such as anime. It may be that due to a dependence on information technology, humans are starting to let go of the intelligence used to connect, organise, and understand detached realities.

This theme, critical of civilisation, can be seen in many other works by Tomino, but in Reconguista of G this is found not just in the story but also in the execution. At the same time this is also an act that questions again the power of anime as a form of expression to provide criticism in this modern age. If you think of it this way, it's rash to simply treat Reconguista of G as a failure that didn't manage to explain it story.

In the end, the Newtypes Tomino once showed us may have been people with intellects able to understand detached realities without relying on networks.
>>
File: CZU96IoUAAAych_.jpg (181KB, 1585x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CZU96IoUAAAych_.jpg
181KB, 1585x1000px
>>13834261
>Posting sample.
When will you learn.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-04-24/yoshiyuki-tomino-admits-story-problems-in-gundam-reconguista/.87449

On top of coming from Yaraon, this was mistranslated to hell and back, wasn't it? Where can I find the accurate translation? I remember it at the time but now I can't find it anymore.
>>
File: 1446398900693.png (214KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446398900693.png
214KB, 600x480px
>>13834729
It is less mistranslated and more misframed to follow a narrative

What Tomino actually says is really sorry if you didn't get it, which is as much an insult as anything especially cause nips are sly about it. ANN make it out to be begging for forgiveness
>>
>>13834632

Aida was never really in a position to be a total ruler. All she was ever offered or able to take if she had wanted was some degree of military command, which even Donyell and Steer were trying to get her to take in the second to last episode. She was never comfortable with that though and operated as just another pilot supporting Bellri in the finale instead. The sole command she gave was after the battle was over. It's assumed she's some kind of diplomat in the epilogue, and while that's a fairly solid assumption, it's an entirely different role with much different role and authority than military command. She put any desire to take command on the part of other people, even her friends behind her in that last battle and moved on to do what she wanted rather than what she felt was expected or needed of her.

Klim might not have been different after (presumably) killing his father, but catharsis doesn't necessitate that a person come out different afterwards, only that they purge some kind of emotion via an act and essentially find a way to put something behind them. And Klim was almost certainly purging his resentment of his father and moving on from trying to measure up to or succeed him with the act of killing him.
>>
File: 1409481577329.png (290KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
1409481577329.png
290KB, 620x330px
>>13834211
>Reconguista of G made me genki
>>
File: grsdsg.png (213KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
grsdsg.png
213KB, 540x304px
>>13834764
I don't know why you are obsessing on command so much when you say it is barely there and no one is claiming it is. Aida had been taking a more political role for a while and that does give her a higher status, power is not just denoted by how many people you are bossing about. She isn't cathartic but more happy as she has sunk completely into this role

> only that they purge some kind of emotion
But seeing as he is the same as ever you can't really say it was cathartic. This isn't something he worried about and seemed to just be on his to do list anyway. you are kinda defining catharsis to a point when it is doing something you wanted to. We would need to see an outward expression of it to say it was there.
>>
>>13834787

I'm obsessing over command because the cast in show are obsessed with getting her to take it and she doesn't want it and is trying to get away from it until the very last episode. It's a big part of her character. Power isn't denoted by how many people you have command over and I never said it was, only that Aida found a much different role for herself in the finale after finally allowing herself to stop trying to fulfill other people's expectations of her.

And again, you don't have to be different after achieving catharsis to have had catharsis, only to have purged yourself of something - in Klim's case, his resentment of his father and everything to do with him. You don't try and kill someone in that public and bombastic a manner without some big emotions behind it. He doesn't go on to try and take command of Ameria following it as far as we know, so if you think he needs to be changed in some manner, then there's your change. It's hard to know what change there is though, given that that act is the last we see of Klim full stop. Catharsis though is simply a purging of emotion. That's it. That's the definition of it. It used to be purging of emotion through art, but it's been used in a broader sense with decades at this point.
>>
>>13834818
>Aida found a much different role for herself
No she taken the role from Venus Globe on just not 100% committed or sure. We also saw hints of it earlier like she berates Bellri for what is a smarter political way to act

>you don't have to be different after achieving catharsis
We have to see it as a viewer though, simply doing something you want isn't catharsis
>Catharsis though is simply a purging of emotion.
And we did not see that, he had no emotional change
>>
>>13834833

I don't see that it matters that she was starting to gravitate towards diplomacy from Venus Globe onwards because she was still dealing with the issue of military command right up until the last episode and could only commit to diplomacy after refusing to take a command position during the final battle. She got very emotional about not wanting to do so even, breaking in to tears as soon as Donyell tries to make her do so and seeking Steer's support, only to find her pushing the same idea. She goes out and supports Bellri though and ensures that everything goes well as a pilot instead and finally divests herself of the idea that she has to do what other people think is best or expect of her and that she can instead be who she wants to be. That final battle provided the necessary catalyst and catharsis to take that step though, since she'd be unsure of whether she could prior to that point.

As to Klim I flat out refuse to believe there isn't catharsis in his actions. This is a man who grew up with and emulated his father by all accounts and then laughed as he killed him in a spontaneous decision geared towards revenge and not towards any kind of power grab as far as we're aware. I admit there's nothing there to indicate he is experiencing catharsis, but can you honestly stand back and think about what he's just done and the kind of negative emotions that would be necessary to dictate that action and then tell me that you really think he's not taking some kind of catharsis from that action?
>>
>>13834371
The whole interview is here:
http://exhentai.org/g/808663/b2291461af/
page 3 to 8
>>
File: pic-003.jpg (726KB, 1739x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-003.jpg
726KB, 1739x2500px
>>
File: pic-004.jpg (825KB, 1743x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-004.jpg
825KB, 1743x2500px
>>
File: pic-005.jpg (984KB, 1735x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-005.jpg
984KB, 1735x2500px
>>
If someone wants to translate these/skim read and give the details
>>13823540
>>13823545
>>13823547
It would be appreciated.
>>
File: pic-006.jpg (890KB, 1734x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-006.jpg
890KB, 1734x2500px
>>
File: pic-007.jpg (1MB, 1734x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-007.jpg
1MB, 1734x2500px
>>
File: pic-008.jpg (1MB, 1736x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pic-008.jpg
1MB, 1736x2500px
>>
File: 1449907306589.png (347KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449907306589.png
347KB, 500x500px
>>13834211
>Reconguista of G made me genki.
>>
>>13834227
Didn't Noredo get kicked in the very first episode for being a Kuntala? She was the only girl from the group who received that treatment, as far as I remember.
>>
>>13834208
Bullshit!

I get a lot of what he's going for, but don't really agree with it because he said that racism against Kuntala doesn't actually exist in show. Now, if we're talking about racism in terms of prejudice plus power, ie systematic racism, we don't necessarily have evidence of racism against Kuntala. Because the setting of G Reco is rather vague and we don't have all the details. I'll admit to that, in that sense he's not wrong. However, prejudice against Kuntala definitely exists. But Kuntala is regularly and insult and we see multiple characters just generally being aggressive and assholey to Luin, Noredo, etc. just for being Kuntala. Even Mic and Mick do this. I always thought it not getting a lot of focus because it was a side plot thing only involving a few characters; it' a thing in the universe, but not making the show ABOUT prejudice and racism against Kuntala doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Rather, I believe Mask's "story" is this false idea of Belri that he's built up in his mind, first as "the grade skipper" and eventually as "a future dictator". Mask doesn't now the full story about Belri, how much work Belri does and how he gets good grades, why he did what he did, why he killed their teacher, and why he's with the pirates .etc. Obviously he can't know all these things. How could he? He wasn't there. He wasn't on the Megafauana. So he fills in the gaps incorrectly and it's into his vision of Belri that he pours into all of hi frustrations, probably including that of the prejudice he's faced as a Kuntala.
>>
>>13836142
> and eventually as "a future dictator".
I don't think Mask ever thought of Bellri as that specifically, it was just how he saw Bellri as being the representation of all he felt was wrong with the current society on Earth. Even though he knew Bellri's personality (given that they seemed plenty familiar with each other at school), he focused more on Bellri's status and apparent privileges rather than Bellri himself. And when you get right down to it, Bellri _was_ privileged; leaving aside his status as the son of one of the highest-ranking officials there, the kid also inherited one of the most advanced mobile suits in existence at that point in time and was one of only three people who could pilot it.
>>
>>13836142
*Klim and Mick
>>
>>13836179
I actually agree with you a lot and you articulated some stuff I wanted to say about Mask and couldn't. But he just specifically says the whole future dictator thing. Granted, I can buy it as figurative, the heat of the moment, or just another Tominoism.
>>
File: aida-tongue.png (128KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
aida-tongue.png
128KB, 300x333px
Someone send this to ANN.
>>
Another long year of fuel to stoke the GReco fire with. Thanks /m/!
>>
>>13836274
They won't report it, just like they wouldn't report how poorly IBO is doing in Japan.
>>
>>13836323

IBO is doing well though.
>>
File: 1454023092238.png (24KB, 586x474px) Image search: [Google]
1454023092238.png
24KB, 586x474px
>>13836330
It's really not.It's averaging lower ratings than AGE at this point.
>>
File: CaVfx2GUMAA-d3A.png large.png (215KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CaVfx2GUMAA-d3A.png large.png
215KB, 600x800px
I watch Greco for sex
>>
>>13836354

2% is great ratings for most anime, the thing you're missing is that IBO's the first thing to get back to this rating level since AGE crashed.
>>
File: 1434207936998.jpg (270KB, 816x625px) Image search: [Google]
1434207936998.jpg
270KB, 816x625px
>>13836423
Poor Bellri.
>>
>>13836426
>2% is great ratings for most anime
Only of you air late night but daytime is different anything in that range is terrible even worse is that the last show that aired on that block (Arslan Senki) averaged a 3-4% in all.
>IBO's the first thing to get back to this rating level since AGE crashed.
Its doing worse than AGE you idiot.
>>
>>13836448

What airs after IBO and what is it's ratings? Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>13836426

Episode 14, 1.8%. That's G-Reco's average and G-Reco aired in the middle of the night. IBO is on primetime. That is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>13836457
>What airs after IBO and what is it's ratings?
Yu Gi Oh Arc V and it usually averages in the 2-3%
>>
>>13836448
Wrong. AGE ratings collapsed as it continued, Down from two to one percent. IBO has an average of two so far, on par with AGE, so if the show picks up any momentum it could potentially surpass AGE.

Also you're ignoring BD sales. IBO is doing nowhere near as bad as /m/ wants it to, sorry.
>>
>>13837022
Blu Ray sales are doing worse then G-reco which is a series that Bandai did not do a full marketing push with unlike IBO.
>>
>>13836354
Dude Build Fighters Try has lower ratings
>>
>>13837028
>Blu Ray sales are doing worse then G-reco which is a series that Bandai did not do a full marketing push with unlike IBO.

Are you fucking kidding they did so many G-Reco and Tomino events in Japan. It had a huge marketing push. They even redid the G-dome movie to feature a crossover between G-Reco and Unicorn.
>>
File: 1437970602527.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1437970602527.gif
719KB, 500x384px
>>13836142
This makes a lot of sense. You just know that Cumpa was right there in Luin's ear, egging him on the whole time, framing events in such a way to manipulate him. He helps create that false perception of Bellri by preying on Luin's resentment.

Luin wants to be a big hero, a savior, hence why he gets hammy as fuck when he puts on the mask. Because then he's no longer mild-mannered Luin Lee, second-rate Capital Guard Cadet, he's CAPTAIN MASK, savior of the Kuntala, protector of the Earth, ass-kicker of space pirates! MUH KUNTALA PRIIIIIIIDE!
>>
>>13837064
Towards the end of the series, and that was it. Are you talking about the staff interviews in Gundam Cafe? Cause those were the only events for G-Reco.

Remember that most of the marketing push at that time was focused on GBFT. and rightfully so since they were really focused more on selling the gunpla line.
>>
>>13837147
Did they ever make a Super Fumina kit?
>>
File: fuminahg.jpg (414KB, 762x579px) Image search: [Google]
fuminahg.jpg
414KB, 762x579px
>>13837157
Where have you been anon?

http://www.dalong.net/review/bf/bf44/bf44_i.htm
>>
>>13837173
Living under a rock, apparently.
>>
File: superfuminafacepaint.jpg (709KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
superfuminafacepaint.jpg
709KB, 1200x1200px
>>13837178
That's fine, but if you're interested in the fumina kit, you'll really have to work on it.
>>
>>13837187
> Using Gundam markers directly without transferring the paint to a brush
Sei would be ashamed.
>>
>>13837022
> AGE Gen 1 Average = 3.22%
> AGE's Final Average = 2.56%
> IBO's ratings after 13 episodes = 2.50%

IBO is currently at a lower average than AGE in its entirety. You are deluded as fuck if you think ratings will dramatically improve with 9 episode to go in its run.
>>
>>13837213
Reminder that Japanese TV shows in general are suffering the same downward trend across the board. Even Kamen Rider and Precure keep losing viewership overall.
>>
>>13837213

Well, if the show has two seasons like the rumours then it could easily beat AGE so long as it doesn't collapse in popularity. AGE started off well because 00 the preceding show was popular and well-received, but after that the ratings crumbled into a pit. That pit is probably the reason why ratings for Gundam are still a shadow of what they used to be.
>>
>>13837195
those are real touch gundam markers, they were meant to be used from the marker.
>>
File: Luin and Bellri.jpg (147KB, 1631x719px) Image search: [Google]
Luin and Bellri.jpg
147KB, 1631x719px
So Butcher liked our explanation of Luin's character?
>>
>>13836274
>Urobuchi claims Greco fails at conventional storytelling and claims because of it "I had been worried about the limits of storytelling"
>>
>>13834207
Can you fix the BD numbers too?
Here is the latest estimate for the sales
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-29/top-selling-animation-in-japan-on-blu-ray-disc-dvd-by-series-2015/.97049

If they refuse, point out that the numbers for Vol. 1 are wrong (total estimate/number of volumes gives a higher number).
>>
File: 1449079304191.jpg (36KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
1449079304191.jpg
36KB, 480x550px
>>13837380
Is 76,419 the total number for the year? Cause I can't change the other numbers with that but can add the overall total is high
>>
>>13837395
Yes, that is the total.
The other number is wrong, we have had tweets from one of the mecha designers saying that too.
>>
File: never trust a kuntala.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
never trust a kuntala.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>>13837401
Problem is you have to be careful with sources, people are sticklers for it. The first number doesn't look like bad sales though and I'll replace the 15th best selling part with that number.
>>
>>13837406
>The first number doesn't look like bad sales though
But it is almost 1/4 of what it actually sold. The total fixes the numbers, but the whole section about sales doesn't really make a lot of sense to an outsider who reads it without knowing the background (two version of BD1 and Oricon's mistake).
Anyway, if I can find the tweet I will link it here.

Thanks for your work!
>>
File: CZUbNwBUMAANxvm.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CZUbNwBUMAANxvm.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>13837411
Twitter is at a wobbly point as a source. If someone can find a source pointing out these numbers are wrong as well then I may be able to incorporate them together, plus it would be a good thing to add as it shows how a negative narrative was formed
>>
>>13837446
If I recall there was a tweet from Aikman or someone in the production committee about the issue when 2nd volume numbers came in citing that the nunbers for that volume was closer to what volume one numbers were but he couldn't unveil the info at risk of losing his job.
>>
File: 47815413_p0.jpg (273KB, 700x850px) Image search: [Google]
47815413_p0.jpg
273KB, 700x850px
>>13837449
hmmm, that isn't as solid as I'd like. May not include it as it will be a hard time convincing people of the pastebin link

Though no one has commented on that yet in the wiki talk, so if no one has by the end of today I'll put it in
>>
>>13834552
it seems so
>>
File: 46600576_p0.jpg (128KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
46600576_p0.jpg
128KB, 600x500px
>>13834918
>>13834833
I really love that people can have this level of discussions which greco, both making points about using what happened from the show. There is actual depth there which lets you dive into the characters, it's such a shame some people can't see it
>>
>>13837701
I think that depends on the fans, most of them don't try to discuss the themes of the show and only discuss it on a superficial level.
>>
>>13834158
>A story is a method with which one separates things into good and evil via their imagination
Damn you Butcher, stop pushing your edgy ideals into literature as if they were absolute truths.
Thanks OP
>>
File: CLqN173VAAAkPzX.jpg (61KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CLqN173VAAAkPzX.jpg
61KB, 600x800px
>look at urobutcher's twitter
>this
https://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/status/628971069517361152

You may like or hate his shows, but the guy's cool.

Just reposting this from /krg/ too: http://pastebin.com/LCRJigxy
>>
File: SU CORDO.jpg (264KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
SU CORDO.jpg
264KB, 480x640px
>>13836423
OH! MY!
>>
>>13837187
>kill me
>>
File: CaUTOXyUsAAo-rg.jpg (2MB, 2150x3035px) Image search: [Google]
CaUTOXyUsAAo-rg.jpg
2MB, 2150x3035px
>>13838047
It is for Cahill, not for you, Bellri.
>>
>>13838057

Pretty sure Kerbes is the one hitting that now, not Cahill.
>>
File: eyecatch raraiya.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
eyecatch raraiya.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>13838066
Pls, Kerbes is all about the brown sugar
>>
>>13838106
Don't forget Ringo.
>>
File: raraiya ringo and kerbes end.png (397KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
raraiya ringo and kerbes end.png
397KB, 800x800px
>>13838106
>>13838212
dat little outfit she was in in the epilogue was cute as fug
>>
File: 50387350_p0_master1200.jpg (176KB, 1024x848px) Image search: [Google]
50387350_p0_master1200.jpg
176KB, 1024x848px
>>13838219
Aida had the best costume change
>>
File: macknife papercraft.jpg (725KB, 1230x900px) Image search: [Google]
macknife papercraft.jpg
725KB, 1230x900px
anyone save the pdfs for this guys papercraft templates? Can't find his original tweet with the the download link
>https://twitter.com/KanbutsuyaSan
i think there was an yggdrasil one too but by some one else
>>
File: B551J3YCcAAMiLf.jpg (52KB, 599x571px) Image search: [Google]
B551J3YCcAAMiLf.jpg
52KB, 599x571px
>>13839218
>>
>>13835028
Is this the interview ANN claims where Tomino says G-Reco is a failure? I'm not seeing anything like that on it.
>>
File: CXVR7gNUMAAIyij.jpg:orig.jpe.jpg (381KB, 1900x2300px) Image search: [Google]
CXVR7gNUMAAIyij.jpg:orig.jpe.jpg
381KB, 1900x2300px
>>13839218
>>13839220
https://mega.nz/#!20gQDLZQ!aCCzNPsH8Gk3i9D8d1HiacNEBcwyozCxou8SejPwL8s
https://mega.nz/#!n5pjEDKb!KKOM9FVPMsBTFVI0vZjAkJMXmUFnNyKlQSS42pJ2-YY
>>
>>13839402
IIRC he said that if people didn't understand G-Reco or what he was trying to get across with it, then that was his fault.
ANN twisted that into something like "G-Reco's a total failure, everyone who likes it is a total retard and I've fully embraced my senility. Also, please give ANN more shekels."
>>
>>13839402
Yes, that is the one.

Can you post a translation?
>>
File: grimoire jahannam hi five.gif (2MB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
grimoire jahannam hi five.gif
2MB, 500x308px
>>13839403
sweet thanks anon
>>
> Aida's VA was Millais in AGE
Wait what, how did I not notice that in her list of roles before?
>>
>>13837395
>https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-29/top-selling-animation-in-japan-on-blu-ray-disc-dvd-by-series-2015/.97049

I'm surprised it managed to sell more than the normie-fest unlimited gyroscope works.
>>
>>13834158

>A story is a method with which one separates things into good and evil via their imagination

Now tell this to OULIPO.
>>
>>13841358
His point is Tomino did something similar to them by breaking convention
>>
File: CadCM1cUUAEQLSs.jpg (143KB, 883x699px) Image search: [Google]
CadCM1cUUAEQLSs.jpg
143KB, 883x699px
LUIN-SENPAI!
>>
File: 1448811639127.jpg (47KB, 490x436px) Image search: [Google]
1448811639127.jpg
47KB, 490x436px
>>13834158
>Urobutcher understood G-Reco

No wonder he didn't stick to A.Z
>>
File: clapping genius.gif (668KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
clapping genius.gif
668KB, 500x470px
>>13844961
>>
File: chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>13844961
>>
File: B56W2NACMAA1QvS.png:large.png (269KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
B56W2NACMAA1QvS.png:large.png
269KB, 600x600px
>>13844961
>>
Someone should post this on the mechatalk thread.
And Tomino's interview at Gundam Café too.
>>
>>13834745
So Tomino is still a passive aggressive teenager even at his age?
>>
>>13837275
>implying Butcher wasn't always lurking /m/
>>
>>13848435
>4chan is trolling again!
>>
File: 1454818079580.jpg (102KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454818079580.jpg
102KB, 600x800px
>>
>>13834337
You weren't allowed to like G-Reco to begin with. Liking it makes you a Tomino-cocksucker, regardless of your feelings on Tomino's past works.
>>
>>13848550
What about that?
>>
>>13848562
You forget that Tomino's words can be made to sound like he apologised for it

That means he hates it and it's okay to like
>>
>>13836274
>Aldnoah.Zero Creator Gen Urobotchi lauds Tomino's G no Reconguista as incomprehensible, says "I had been worried about the limits of storytelling"

>>13848605
I've seen the same reasoning applied to not liking G-Reco. "Top kuk! It was so bad even TOMINO apologised for it !!" which usually means you shouldn't like it because it's like objectively bad in every conceivable way but the anime community, particularly /a/ and /m/ have been chasing after 'trainwrecks' since Geass R2.
>>
File: CBILpTAUgAAJFtv[1].jpg (13KB, 599x328px) Image search: [Google]
CBILpTAUgAAJFtv[1].jpg
13KB, 599x328px
>>13848562
That's just low level bait, especially when most dismissed it and didn't even bother to finish it.

With so many anime to choose from, I guess people's patience has gotten too thin.
>>
sequel with dictator bellri when
>>
Someone please post this on Mechatalk
>>
>>13851620

Do it yourself.
>>
File: note-2014-10-31-07h14m40s152.jpg (17KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
note-2014-10-31-07h14m40s152.jpg
17KB, 384x216px
http://s-at-e.net/scurl/GReco-shape.html
>>
>>13844961
I love you
>>
Does this mean the next Gundam will be written by Urobuchi?
>>
http://s-at-e.net/%E5%A0%B1%E5%91%8A%E3%81%AE%E9%A0%85/%E2%96%A0%E4%BD%9C%E5%93%81%E3%81%AE%E5%A0%B1%E5%91%8A/%E2%97%8Fia/%E5%85%B1%E9%80%9A%E8%A6%A7/%E5%85%B1%E9%80%9A%E8%A6%A7-%E8%A8%981/%E5%A4%A7%E4%B9%85%E4%BF%9D%E8%91%A6%E6%AD%8C-%E5%A4%A7%E6%9B%BD%E6%A0%B9%E3%81%95%E3%81%A1%E5%AD%90/%E2%97%8B%E5%A4%A7%E4%B9%85%E4%BF%9D%E8%91%A6%E6%AD%8C/%E2%97%8B%E5%A4%A7%E4%B9%85%E4%BF%9D%E8%91%A6%E6%AD%8C.html

http://s-at-e.net/%E5%A0%B1%E5%91%8A%E3%81%AE%E9%A0%85/%E2%96%A0%E4%BD%9C%E5%93%81%E3%81%AE%E5%A0%B1%E5%91%8A/%E2%97%8Fia/%E2%96%A0pos/%E5%82%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%9F%E7%88%86%E9%9B%B2/%E3%80%8CPSYCHO-PASS_%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%B9%E3%80%8D/%E3%80%8CPSYCHO-PASS_%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%B9%E3%80%8D.html
>>
>>13848479
He's pure.
>>
File: CaYB5TxUYAIePo3.jpg (104KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
CaYB5TxUYAIePo3.jpg
104KB, 800x551px
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.