[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me in elementary >talking about Toonami with friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

>be me in elementary
>talking about Toonami with friends
>"Hey Anon, do you watch Gundam?!"
>"Yea, I love it! I wish I could do Kung Fu in a Gundam!"
>"wut?! Gundams don't do kung fu! They are slow as heck , and they shoot guns!"
>"No they aren't! Domon uses that skintight suit so he can fight other Gundams!"
>"wut? Gundams don't fight each other?!"
>"yea they do! Like the Football Gundam, and Sailor Moon Gundam!"
>...
>"wut?!"
Was anyone elses first Gundam show G Gundam?
>>
>>13829048
You were a retarded child. Just like this thread.
>>
>>"wut? Gundams don't fight each other?!"
Literally every plot point in Wing is Gundams fighting each other.
>>
>>13830230
How many Gundam shows don't involve Gundams fighting each other at some point? I can only think of 0078, 08th, and 0080.
>>
>>13829048
G Gundam was a mistake. It really should have been JUST a 2D fighting game.

It's okay OP, no one is perfect.
>>
>>13830473
Three sentences, three things that are completely wrong.
>>
Imagawa is a god.

Only he could have take such extreme executive meddling like
>oh yeah and make it a gundam tournament we need to sell merch
and create a masterpiece like G Gundam.
>>
>>13830460
>>13830230
They were talking about 8th
>>
>>13830494
>G Gundam
>masterpiece
pick one
>>
File: master have you seen this guy.png (148KB, 455x708px) Image search: [Google]
master have you seen this guy.png
148KB, 455x708px
>>13830503
Ok. I pick
>G Gundam masterpiece
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (758KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.jpg
758KB, 1920x1080px
>>13829060
You could use a nice bonk.
>>
>>13830511
Nice shit taste bro
>>
>>13830494
But the tournament severely dragged the show down.
>>
>>13829048
No, my first was 0079 when I watched it last summer
>>
>>13830494
If it weren't for executive meddling, G Gundam would have been another generic Imagawa series.
>>
>>13830478
It's perfectly fine to enjoy it anon. I am not taking a jab at OP for liking it.

But just because you like something does not make it good.

I am coming from the perspective of what would have been in the best interest for the G Gundam franchise.

An animated series was really a poor choice of a medium for it (the reasons for this are conflicting concepts that impeded the idea from reaching its potential---something for another post). A fighting game would have served it much better.

By making a fighting game the need for a 'story' or plot is lessened--fighting games only need to have a semblance of a story or plot.

When you consider the main plot thread of G Gundam this point becomes even stronger. G Gundam was basically all about robots just beating the shit out of each other.

The whole 'get your lost brother back/find your brother' was merely an afterthought--and it shows.

If this would have been a serious effort at making a viable commercial product, then a fighting game would have made it feasible:

- It would allowed for multiple iterations of the game, kinda like street fighter and other fighting games (KOF, GG].

See, if they would have made it into a fighting game we would have: 1) the nostalgia value of the 1st iteration, and 2) new iterations with new characters--basically an infusion of 'new life' to keep G Gundam going.
>>
File: Mobile-Fighter-G-Gundam.jpg (31KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-Fighter-G-Gundam.jpg
31KB, 500x318px
>>13830473
>G Gundam was a mistake. It really should have been JUST a 2D fighting game.It's okay OP, no one is perfect.

G Gundam is the most epic hot blooded series from the Gundam metaverse. It stands proudly alone in its majestic light. People that hate G Gundam deep down hate Gundam as well. You cannot call yourself a Gundam fan and hate G Gundam.
>>
>>13831328
I don't hate it. I just think making it an animated series was a disservice to it. Would have loved to have it as a fighting game instead--and not the mediocre SNES one but a primo fighting game.
>>
>>13831386
But if it was a game we wouldn't have Domon and Master Asia chewing the scenery like it's made of hamburgers and they are starving Somali children.
>>
>>13829048
Mine and it were the best.
>>
File: 2015-12-20 17.52.56.png (92KB, 477x422px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20 17.52.56.png
92KB, 477x422px
>>13830511
I think i remember that thread.
>>
>>13830473
>It really should have been JUST a 2D fighting game.

But the G Gundam SFC fighting game wasn't very good.
>>
File: slutty gundam kid.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slutty gundam kid.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>13831328
>people that hate this super robot show, canĀ“t be a fan of this real robot show
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.