[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/ what are some good mecha games, anime, manga, movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: geopolitical bullshit.jpg (89KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
geopolitical bullshit.jpg
89KB, 640x451px
Hey /m/ what are some good mecha games, anime, manga, movies ,etc,etc that involve real-world countries or close to real world countries in them? I know of a few like front mission with the United States of the New Continent and the Oceania Cooperative Union. I also know things like muv-luv have that going on. anything you got would be great I love that kind of mecha setting.
>>
File: belka and its nukes.png (149KB, 650x2604px) Image search: [Google]
belka and its nukes.png
149KB, 650x2604px
ace combat's Osea(USA) and Yuktobania(RU) are ones that come to mind. I miss strangereal.
>>
File: 00-hg-over-flag5.jpg (52KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
00-hg-over-flag5.jpg
52KB, 512x384px
>>13828070
which games would you recommend to get into the series?
>>
>>13828260
Play 04, then 05, then Zero buddyyou'll get this after you finish zero
>>
>>13828070
AC0 Belka's kind of WWII Germany with a bit of WWII America thrown in?
>>
>>13827954

Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny have roughly analogous supernational states that reflect the trends of where they're positioned on the globe.

Some will say that the show abandons the premise too quickly to showcase it well, so peruse the series at your own discretion.
>>
>>13827954
Getter Robo Go
>>
>>13828308
It doesn't really even show up in the series, but more in the manga.
>>
>>13828308
ill admit i haven't seen seed but I think 00 did a nice job holding the concept un til later on in the series.

im trying to find non Gundam stuff really, I know the Gundam and while I haven't seen Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny their easy enough for me to get into although I heard that seed/destiny wasn't the best
>>
>>13828349
SEED does make a few points of the constituents that form its notFederation, but these don't even make the tertiary level of the show overall. It wouldn't be too far off the mark to say that 00 handles its nations far better than SEED.

And as for Destiny, its handling of the matter is so bad that it would pull down SEED's score in this regard if you put them together. Like the other anon said, it's mostly in the manga spin-offs and even then, there's not a lot of it.

Code Geass has some form of "these nations that sound like ours", so you might want to look at that too.

By and large, though, very few series that aren't games are able to keep focus on that many factions at once, so you will probably have to expend some time searching for the side materials of the series you have in mind in order to be able to see all of the aspects that they in this regard.
>>
File: Red or Green.jpg (454KB, 617x850px) Image search: [Google]
Red or Green.jpg
454KB, 617x850px
>>13828814
yeah I remember watching Code Geass on AS back in the day I never did check out any of the side stuff that inevitably followed. athough I rember looking up the alternate history timeline back some time ago as I am a sucker for alternate history fiction. maybe ill check out the some of the side stuff or just give the series a watch again, it has been a hot minute since I last saw it.
>>
File: no way belka.png (79KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
no way belka.png
79KB, 600x900px
Argevollen and Buddy Complex are some shows that separated the factions decently well, you had the a typical good defending country and the big bad aggressor. Hell I thought for a few episodes the Arge was the Front mission anime we would never get but that's a seperate discussion and buddy complex focuses on character plot mostly.
>>
File: 1239117684503.jpg (42KB, 576x732px) Image search: [Google]
1239117684503.jpg
42KB, 576x732px
>>13827954
Gasaraki definitely has what you're looking for, since aside from Belgistan (pretty much Iraq) all the countries are real. I have to warn you it gets weird by the end, but I liked it anyways.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.