[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1454275671022.gif (344KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1454275671022.gif
344KB, 240x160px
>>
Ayy
Lmao
>>
>>13823487
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
>>
>>13823487
>>13823775
And that's how the dinosaurs went extinct
>>
>>13823487
The SA-X never saw that coming.

I should play this again sometime. It's linear as hell compared to the others but it really nailed the atmosphere somehow. And I recall the boss fights and controls being breddy good by Metroid standards.
>>
>>13823775
I like how that attack in Metroid is literally shine spark.

Getter is everything
>>
>>13827240

Is there a way to actually do this in-game?? What happens?
>>
>>13827257
>Is there a way to actually do this in-game
It's a cutscene, so no.
>>13827240
If there is one thing Fusion did right, it was definitely that horror atmosphere.
>>
>>13827257
It's probably a glitch or a hack. I'm pretty sure the "holy fuck there's another Samus" cutscene only starts when you activate the elevator.
>>
>>13827264
>>13827268

Well nuts.
>>
The X seems like if you took the monster from John Carpenter's "The Thing" and made it airborne and able to phase through walls.

Nightmare fuel.
>>
>>13827247
>Getter is everything.
Even this post?
>>
>>13827365
There plenty of editors for the GBA Metroids last I checked, so if you really wanted to Shine Spark the SA-X, you could probably do so.
>>
>>13827264
>If there is one thing Fusion did right, it was definitely that horror atmosphere.

Well at least up until you find out how dumb the SA-X AI is, but hey designing a hunter enemy like that isn't exactly super easy.

Even the ayylmao in Alien Isolation has to be thrown a bone and be allowed to initialize itself in the same general sector as Amanda is at any given time.

That said, spoopy space station fun times were had across both games. But in a post-Isolation world I really want to see a Fusion wherein the SA-X was programmed to actually try and stalk you across the station as opposed to being a scripted enemy encounter. It's really fun having what amounts to a second player actively harassing you through the game, makes for a greater challenge than what rank and file enemies feel like normally.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Go-07-0118.png (222KB, 819x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Go-07-0118.png
222KB, 819x1300px
>>13827382
Yes.
>>
>>13827396
>Well at least up until you find out how dumb the SA-X AI is, but hey designing a hunter enemy like that isn't exactly super easy.
True, but you make do with what you've got sometimes, as you said
>>
>>13827240
The only bad thing about fusion is the linear progression, and metroid 2 proves you can still make a good game with it.
>>
>>13827473
>Metroid 2
>good
Quit with the nostalgia, grandad.
>>
>>13827396
The SA-X AI isn't the smartest, but it's relentless in its attacks. I think that's where the panic sets in, you miss one jump and you can easily end up trapped.
>>
>>13827535
It's a lot better than the NES metroid.
And project AM2R looks like it may be one of the best metroids to date, and it's only a fan project remake of metroid 2 with new shit.
>>
>>13827535
What was bad about Metroid 2?
The kill # metroids to progress to next area gimmick?
>>
>>13827588
It's not really hard to make Metroid 2 better, really.
Just make it on a platform that's not the Gameboy. Most GB sidescrollers had the same problem : the screen is so tiny you can barely see where you're going. And in an exploration game you don't want every place to be the same color, that's a good way to get lost easily.
>>
>>13827635
That's why you don't play it outside of an emulator. The GB sucked but thr the game itself wasn't too bad.
>>
>>13827695
The GBA is pretty good for this, too (especially SP, since it allows you to brighten the screen).
>>
>>13827535
>Metroid 2
>bad
Quit the memes kid

>>13827629
The linear progression, just like Fusion. But Metroid 2 actually laid the groundwork for Super Metroid
>>
>>13827588
>It's a lot better than the NES metroid.
Are you fucking stupid?

>>13827629
>screenspace
>controls
>physics
>>
>>13828731
>Are you fucking stupid?
No he's not. Metroid 2 is miles better than Metroid. And Super Metroid is miles better than Metroid 2. Everyone knows this, it's not like muh purrfect 80s anime where only the first is the only good one, they get progressively better.

>screenspace
It actually manages to be pretty good with that small screen, and that's not something easy to pull off.

>controls
>physics
>I literally have ham hands
They're 10x times better than in Metroid. Only in Super Metroid did the franchise achieved pixel-perfect platforming.
>>
>>13828752
>physics
>better than Metroid
Everything else can be chocked up to OPINIONS, but you can not honestly enjoy playing that game at 1/10th the speed of the original.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.