[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it bomb so hard /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: BC_chara015.png (500KB, 1000x962px) Image search: [Google]
BC_chara015.png
500KB, 1000x962px
Why did it bomb so hard /m/?
>>
I could give you an honest well thought out answer, but I like the show far too much to say anything negative about it in a thread like this. So,
Japan has shit taste. Just be happy it got a proper ending.
>>
>>13821344
It was not too random for modern audiences?
>>
because you're gay
>>
>>13821469

Ask your sister to find out the answer, Bizon.
>>
File: 1405505000649.gif (600KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1405505000649.gif
600KB, 480x270px
>>13821317
It was kinda generic and forgettable. The characters were all bland and there were too many of them for such a short time to properly flesh any of them out. Also the story really fell apart by the end. All in all though, despite forgetting about it fairly soon it was still enjoyable.

That said the designs for the main duo mecha were great and the animation for them was pretty good. I'm okay with them using CGI on less detailed/important mooks while properly animating the main guys.
>>
File: 1407907718866.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1407907718866.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>13821317
Goddamn, despite being a useless commissar, Margaret was pure sex.
>>
>>13821317
Because it was bad and unenjoyable.
>>
Buddy Complex was fucking garbage that didn't have any idea what it wanted to do and ended up doing absolutely nothing.

The plot twist at the very end was the turning point where it could've become really good but it came too late to save the series.

Maybe they were planning on splitting the series into two seasons and wanted to end the first on that twist. That would have been great if it didn't leave the first season with otherwise absolutely nothing else to go on. They should've just tossed it in halfway through.
>>
>>13821752
What a dress.
>>
>>13821917

>Same season as A/Z

Aldnoah aired 6 months after Buddy Complex, there is no way that it affected its popularity, even on /m/. The only relevant mecha shows airing at the time were Robot Girls Z and Nobunaga the Fool.

Can't say anything for sure, but I'd like to believe it was Sunrise shifting from the batshit crazy of Valvrave to Buddy Complex in two weeks and expecting the same audience to gravitate towards it.
>>
>>13821976
B-Complex was made for MJP audience. With that in mind, it served its purpose.
Giving us OVA to wrap it up, instead of the second season, was fucking suicide though.
>>
>>13821317
Because it was good.
>>
>>13822022
>made for MJP audience

Is that supposed to actually mean anything you kisama?

>>13821976
Obviously BC wasn't gay enough for the Sunrise mainstream audience.
>>
>>13821317
It was not advertised enough even by Bandai. It was just an anime made solely to promote a video game on phone, with no other intentions.

Character design was good.
Directing and animation good
Music was good, not only the coupling theme, i like the others too.
The mecha design was bland for the most, atrocious for the rest and this was probably a huge flaw for a mecha show.

In any case it was one of my favorite show of 2014, but yes, it's generic, forgettable and without anything innovative.

I wanted more Hina, less DIo.
>>
>>13821317
it didnt on /m/
>>
>>13822022
i know plenty of people that like this but hate mjp.
>>
>>13823865
You can not really hate MJP. It does nothing offensive. It's only only generic with 3d mecha and seed chara design done right... ehm... sort of.
>>
I imagine with Buddy Complex it goes something like this:

>Studio 8 gets an anime original greenlit on the premise of tying it into a phone game because Love Live's phone game is hilariously successful
>the phone game flops like most phone games do (seriously the number of anime style phone games you see cease service after only a few months is huge)
>after Love Live S2 did stupidly fucking well the Love Live movie and a new Love Live get greenlit and Studio 8 transitions to full time Love Live duty
>with no sponsor interest and no studio resources to put into it, S2 gets shitcanned into 2 episodes
The poor sales of the show are practically anecdotal.

What pisses me off is getting absolutely zero Valiancer figures.

>>13823865
I like this but hate MJP
>>
>>13823963
This is exactly the only Mecha of the show I'd like a figure or a Kit. Delicious face open.
>>
>>13823996
I want both of Hina's fairly badly but I'm also realistic enough to know that even getting just Karura would be as much as I could have hoped for under the best of circumstances.
>>
>>13823865
>plenty
Considering this sold and was watched less than MJP this means nothing.
>>
>>13824098
So seed and destiny out sells most the shit on m and their still shit.
>>
>>13824478
Who said anything about quality? Not everything that sells poorly is good
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.