[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So wait, did I miss something along the line, or does this really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Seriously what the fuck.jpg (124KB, 799x591px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously what the fuck.jpg
124KB, 799x591px
So wait, did I miss something along the line, or does this really just end with "yeah they lose by the way"? Maybe I'm blind/dumb, but I looked around and saw nothing regarding a continuation, save for maybe the manga. I get that Ep2 shows a bit of the battle, but hot damn am I feeling blue-balled right about now.
>>
>>13818370
Basically Koji refuses to change and everything goes back into a cycle, rewatch episode 1 then episode 2 again, it'll make more sense
>>
>>13818370
Mazinger Z always loses against the Mycenae Empire. It what starts up Great, which was hinted at in the first episode where they lose.

Unfortunately, we never got Great-hen.
>>
File: 1392312353533.jpg (85KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1392312353533.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
>>13818376
That helped yeah, especially since they actually spell it out a bit with the narration. Sort of forgot all about those bits since I assumed they were just previews and they'd go back to them by the end of the show.

>>13818388
>Mazinger Z always loses against the Mycenae Empire.
>Unfortunately, we never got Great-hen.
That's a bit depressing, though it was a fun ride while it lasted.
>>
>>13818436
a shame too, because Tetsuya is seriously in need for an upgrade to Great.

I mean, Kouji has a Getter-Ray Powered Mazinkaiser and Shin Mazinger.

Grendizer is already high-tier.

and then Great is lagging behind in the worst way.
>>
>>13818508
>Grendizer is already high-tier.
Funny thing though, Full Powered Mazinger Z is stronger by the end of Grendizer.

Great Got Great Mazinkaiser but then got sliced in half in the manga
>>
>>13818508
Great will never be defeated in our hearts!
>>
>>13818436
Don't forget Tetsuya's appearance.

It's not all grim for them. You just have to imagine what happens next.
>>
Shin Mazinger Z-hen is the closest any anime has even gotten to emulating Go Nagai manga. Hell, it even ended with a non-existent sequel bait.
>>
>>13821668
Q: Can we get a few words from you for all the fans who picked up this series?
A: I have all kinds of love for Enma—it’s really important to me. And Dororon Enma-kun MeeraMera sticks very close to the original. Many of my comics have been made into shows, but I think this one most closely represents who I was when I made it. Blu-Rays don’t have time slot restrictions *laughs* so parents and their kids can all watch the show together. I honestly think this show is okay for children to watch. And just as the older generation fell in love with Enma when they were young, I really hope today’s younger generation can fall in love with this version. As the creator, nothing would make me happier. - Go Nagai (NIS America's Dororon Enma-kun Premium Edition)
>>
>>13821698
I did like that show.
>>
>>13818508
>Getter-Ray Powered Mazinkaiser
Not canon and discarded into the garbage bin where it belongs a long time ago.
>>
>>13821866
Watch out he's going to sperg about kaiser nova.
>>
>>13821877
Nova has nothing to do with anything though
>>
>>13818527
>Mazinger manga
>Ever being relevant, especially for something like SRW powerlevel matchups

>>13818508
>Grendizer is already high tier
Do we know how strong Grendizer Giga is? It won't be relevant either, but I can see it making it in before ZERO
>>
>>13821866
But that's the original version of the Mazinkaiser. If anything, it's every other Kaiser that isn't canon.
>>
>>13822149
It's the version made by a bunch of dweebs at banpres or wherever they make idea for SRW at. The OVA is an official work of DP. The SRW version is mere fanfiction made by retards that hasn't been seen since the OVA came out and made it worthless and non-canon. You can stop sucking SRW cock, by the way. It's really obnoxious.
>>
>>13822162
>The OVA is an official work of DP.
This t b h f a m
>>
>>13822162
You dolt, Mazinkaiser is created by Nagai when Banpresto asked him to give them the Mazinger equivalent of Shin Getter Robo. Background story can change, but its power level in SRW games is definitely canon.
>>
>>13822316
Keep on being wrong all you want SRWfag. Nice source, by the way.
>>
>>13822316
>but its power level in SRW games is definitely canon.
And that is?
>>
>>13822962
Some dank fanfic-tier shit about it having a God mode and a Devil mode, being stronger then Shin Getter. That's about is. Not like it matters anyway since it's not the true version of Mazinkaiser.
>>
>>13822969
>That's about is
about it, rather.
>>
>>13822969
>being stronger then Shin Getter
Why do SRWfags believe a mech must be a planet destroying tier to be cool?
>>
>>13822987
Because Mazinger was the original super robot and Getter deserves to be second fiddle.
>>
>>13822987
No one said that. No DP mech is even close to that level anyway, Shin Mazinger ZERO and Getter Emperor aside.

A larger sense of scale usually is more exciting in the absence of any other context, though
>>
>>13822996
>Getter deserves to be second fiddle
Just because it's not muh OG SR? You have ZERO anyway, which is garbage, but still. I knew Mazingerfags were pathetic, but thinking it deserves anything just because it was technically the first is something else. And more importantly, why does Getter matter when you got shit like Demonbane and a whole bunch of other crap that trumps them both?
>>
>>13822987
SRWfags self-admittedly think like children and only like things that children like.
>>
>>13823022
I'm a Mazinger fan, but I'm not delusional enough to think that Tetsujin and Astro Boy don't exist. They came first.
>>
>>13822969
iirc, in F, it was just a buffed up Z that had help from Getter Rays. There was really nothing special about aside from that.

I think you might be referring to the original Super Robot Wars novels that were just a Mazinger and Getter crossover. Those were just crazy period, what with Devil Mazinger and God Mazinger.

Ishikawa had a hand with those as he did the illustrations.
>>
>>13823059
>Ishikawa had a hand with those as he did the illustrations.
You mind posting them?
>>
>>13823083
Google is your friend.
>>
>>13818508
>a shame too, because Tetsuya is seriously in need for an upgrade to Great.
Great Mazinkaiser in Shin Zero vs General Darkness
Light Quantum Engine Great Mazinger in Devilman vs Hades
>>
File: srwnovel.jpg (51KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
srwnovel.jpg
51KB, 600x310px
>>13823083
Only got the cover art.
>>
>>13823133
>manga chestplate
>Toei arms
Dammit Ishikawa, pick one and only one

>>13823129
None of those are ever going to matter unless they get a starring role or get into anime. I doubt both. DP doesn't seem to like the idea of anything overshadowing the original Mazinger Z nowadays. Which is probably why Mazinkaiser SKL doesn't have Kouji in it at all. It's the only way they can permit it to exist, by treating it as an almost separate property
>>
>>13823221
>DP doesn't seem to like the idea of anything overshadowing the original Mazinger Z nowadays.

I don't think you can say that based on one anime that was meant to retell Z's story. Now, if we get another animated Mazinger show where the Z is the strongest again, especially if it's not just another remake of Kouji vs Dr.Hell, you'll have a point.
>>
>>13823255
Considering how Z-Hen bombed that seems likely.
>>
>>13823255
>One anime
I said that on the basis of Shin ZERO as well. Mazinger Z is arguably the strongest DP robot now
>>
>>13823298
>Z-Hen bombed
As opposed to what?

We need to put things in perspective. Shin Mazinger averaged 2.5k. That's just okay for a show on that budget.

Meanwhile, Gundam AGE had similar numbers, but here, we have a huge fucking show with huge ambitions, and with a huge budget. Yet, that show failed so hard that Unicorn had to bail it out.

People who are saying it was a complete bomb are just as gullible as the ones who are saying it was a complete success. It was neither, really. You'll have to do much worse than Shin Mazinger to completely kill off Dynamic Pro's animated productions. (Yet, Mazinkaiser SKL, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera and Cyborg 009 vs Devilman still came out).
>>
>>13823221
>manga chestplate
>Toei arms
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>13823221
Unlike what you people think here, Dynamic Pro is generally grateful to the studio that brought them an immense amount of success.

There's a reason why Devilman in the Cyborg 009 vs Devilman OVA still looks like it took some clues from the Toei series, because unlike what some shitty western anime critic thinks, the tv series was also popular, and is considered a classic among nips.

Calling the tv series an affront to the manga is where fans of DP lose all sense of the actual reality.
>>
>>13823844
Toeizinger has a pointy chestplate and blue limbs (as well as an upward curved chest). Manga Mazinger Z has a blunt chestplate, black limbs, red eyeliner and a chest piece that covers part of its torso. Ishikawa apparently likes blending the designs, which just looks alien and wrong to me

>>13823859
I didn't say a single thing about Toeizinger or its quality in my post you twit. I haven't even watched it, but I do know that DP is very respectful to it. I'm not going to complain about how Great Mazinger's upgrade in Mazinkaiser is the Toeizinger version, for example, because I know that version is more powerful since the anime went on longer than the manga and thus it came up with more new weapons for Great and such
>>
File: Shin Getter Robo Omnibus.jpg (517KB, 1398x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Getter Robo Omnibus.jpg
517KB, 1398x1000px
>>13823906
I'm surprised you aren't also sperging about the way Shin looks in the back then. He does as he wishes with colors and shit
>>
>>13823906
>I didn't say a single thing about Toeizinger
This post wasn't addressed to you specifically, but it was a good time to bring it up.

I've had fun watching Devilman, Cutie Honey, Great Mazinger and Grendizer. They're different, sure, but they're not terrible, unlike what people here like to portray them as.

Seriously, they're not less fun than MSG.
>>
>>13823859
Dynamic Pro and Toei antagonized each other for a long time though. It's really only recently that they've started working together again.
>>
>>13823052
you what
what the fuck do either of those have to do with anything
what mazinger is the "first" of is being piloted internally, not a sentient robot and not remote controlled
>>
>>13823927
I actually prefer that version. Mazinger Z's strength is in its simplicity in terms of design. Toeizinger's colours are less cohesive because of the blue limbs

Also the chestpates look like they were intended to be a stylized letter Z, so making one end pointy but not the other is just awkward
>>
>>13823989
>I actually prefer that version
What version of what?
>>13823982
>"first" of is being piloted internally
By a main character, you mean.
>>
>>13824014
Oh you were talking about Shin Getter. I was talking about Mazinger Z in Shin Mazinger vs Toeizinger

Shin Getter never really looks significantly different in any of its appearances, at least to my eyes . They're all fine
>>
>>13823947
Getter Robo Go and Cutie Honey F.

Nagai has friends at Toei (Like Masaki Tsuji). His company (and his brothers) having a problem with Toei (This hugeass corporation) really doesn't mean much to their friendship in the long run.
>>
>>13823221
>>13823859
You're both fucking retarded. The artists at Dynamic Pro never stick to one design because it bores the shit out of them. Hell, Shin Getter in the last three volumes of Getter Robo Go alone went through like five different designs.
>>
>>13823823
>People who are saying it was a complete bomb are just as gullible as the ones who are saying it was a complete success
>Show focuses on selling toys
>toys are a hit as well

Show was a success period
>>
>>13824505
>toys are a hit as well
We don't even have a source on how well the toys sold.

How did you know they were a hit?
>>
>>13824505

Stuff like Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure are focused at selling toys. Mazinger always had good merchandising sales, producing an anime focused solely on that would be pointless.
>>
>>13825302
It helps the IP to stay relevant especially with an aging fanbase. The original Mazinger anime generation is pushing their mid 50s.

Kamen Rider and Pretty Cure had yearly shows to keep them relevant with every generation; not the case with Mazinger.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.