[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Cosmo Babylonia killed less people in its entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: cb.jpg (675KB, 3036x2142px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
675KB, 3036x2142px
Reminder that Cosmo Babylonia killed less people in its entire 5 year existence than Zeon did in one week.
>>
>>13817193
If you remember Cosmo Babylonia was trying to win over the civilians and only kill military personnel.
From a certain perspective their idea made sense.
>>
That's mostly because you can't throw colonies at other colonies. You have to do with giant homing buzzsaws instead, those are less effective and even more of a war crime.
>>
Probably because their genocide plan got pooped on.
>>
File: Berga Giros.jpg (2MB, 5681x3921px) Image search: [Google]
Berga Giros.jpg
2MB, 5681x3921px
I like their simplistic, yet almost revolutionary approach.
>Hey we fight around colonies alot right?
>Well let's do less collateral damage to them
>That way we have less work to do while repairing them and we can move people in right away

Also some unique mecha designs
>>
File: tumblr_n8g31udxoF1s5oxc0o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8g31udxoF1s5oxc0o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x269px
>>13817267
Indeed.
>>
>>13817209
They're messier maybe but I don't really see how they're better or worse than gassing a whole colony
>>
File: Vigna Ghina.jpg (379KB, 1033x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Vigna Ghina.jpg
379KB, 1033x1500px
Wonder what a Black Vanguard Vigna Ghina would look like
>>
File: Veh_bug_a.gif (68KB, 570x307px) Image search: [Google]
Veh_bug_a.gif
68KB, 570x307px
>>13817209
>>13817321

They were only being tested; in reality the Bugs were meant to be used not only on Colonies but Earth as well, where they'd slaughter the entire population of humans living there whilst destroying all infrastructure that existed as well.

Had Cosmo Babylonia's genocide plan reached any notable level of steam it could've caused significant damage, but they were stopped early in this regard.
>>
File: 1434342342071.jpg (16KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1434342342071.jpg
16KB, 268x265px
>>13817193
Well that really depends. Which week are we talking about? Colony drops and gassings really do inflate statistics.
>>
File: Madoka-dodging.gif (596KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Madoka-dodging.gif
596KB, 400x225px
>>13817343
I kinda always wanted to see what'd happen if you armed Angel Halo with those bugs. Just have them wheel along the insides of the rings by the dozen, anything that gets too close gets ripped to pieces.
>>
>>13817203

Didn't Cosmo Babylonia use the bugs to kill a shit load of civvies in F91?
>>
>>13817627
They did, but not nearly as many as Zeon.
Dead civilians regardless.
>>
Wasn't the Earth Sphere horribly overpopulated at the start the OYW?

Then by the end of the Zeonic Conflicts. The population like a third of the pre OYW population.
>>
>>13817666

Well that's not my point. My point was that >>13817203 said that Cosmo Babylonia was trying to win over civilians and only kill military personnel, but releasing a shit load of indiscriminate killing machines in a highly populated area runs completely contrary to that objective and kind of makes it stink of bullshit.
>>
>>13817830
No, overpopulation is what led to the establishment of space colonies at the beginning of UC. Earth alone is dramatically less populated in UC than it is today, although it's anyone's guess how crowded the colonies are.

I seem to recall that Side 3 colonies were made only of the 'closed' type which house twice as many people at the expense of natural sunlight.
>>
>>13817203
>>13817627
The Bugs intended purpose was to depopulate Earth particularly with Frontier side ostensibly being a test (not that Iron Mask was against killing all of them too).

Whether Iron Mask has Meitzer's approval for his crazy shit isn't confirmed, IIRC Zabine thinks so because he is kept around as Meitzer's dog but Cecily doesn't think her grandfather would go that far.
>>
>>13817193
Killing fewer people than Zeon isn't really an accomplishment. Zeon killed more people than anyone EVER.
Even if you go outside the franchise, there are very few antagonist groups that have killed over five billion people. Tarkin test-firing the Death Star at Alderaan, Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet to extinguish half the stars in the universe, the Anti-Monitor collapsing entire realities, and the Zentradi orbital bombardment of earth are the only ones I can think of right now.
>>
>>13818378
>I seem to recall that Side 3 colonies were made only of the 'closed' type which house twice as many people at the expense of natural sunlight
Yes and no. Open-type O'neill cylinders have half of their surface area devoted to windows for solar reflectors. Closed-type have only one window at the end of the tube. This means they have twice as much room for people as an open-type. The only in-show number ever given for how many people are in one of Side 3's colonies was the narrator mentioning one and a half million people being relocated from the cylinder used to make the colony laser.

Considering that O'neill's original designs called for 3-5 million in an open-type cylinder, 1.5 million in a closed-type is pretty roomy. Actually the only colonies we ever saw that weren't really nice suburbs were Green Noa 2 and Shangrila. While Green Noa 2 was an industrial complex with thick smoggy air, Shangrila was shown to be mostly rolling hills and forest like every other colony, it just had some shitty tightly-packed apartment buildings. None of the colonies are ever shown to actually be overcrowded, though apparently Tigerbaum has high unemployment (according to a gang of theiving punks).
pic related, Shangrila as seen in ZZ
>>
>>13819563
Iron Mask does state that he was ordered to wipe out nine-tenths of humanity. Now whether it was Meitzer who ordered him, or someone else pulling his strings (maybe Jupiter? Killing everyone on Earth does fit their MO) is probably one of those things that would have been revealed if we'd gotten a full F91 series.
>>
File: joviantrust.jpg (31KB, 359x398px) Image search: [Google]
joviantrust.jpg
31KB, 359x398px
>>13819775

The Je-Jovians are obviously behind it all.
>>
>>13819775
I think Iron Mask was just delirious when he said that. Maybe the Neo-Psycommu showed him many futures.
>>
>>13819720
Shangri-La and Tigerbaum might suffer from severe disparity, the rich few have a lot of nice land while the poor majority are stuck in the slums.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.