[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any TV anime made before 1995 and isn't Gundam/Macross/in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: sip8.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sip8.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
Is there any TV anime made before 1995 and isn't Gundam/Macross/in one of those franchises that /m/ thinks is actually not that good?
>>
Oh to be clear, I'm talking about /m/ anime, in case that wasn't clear
>>
Dancouga.

Fight me.
>>
>>13815047
>TV anime made before 1995 and isn't Gundam/Macross
Do you realize just how many shows that is? The answer can't really be anything else than no because /m/ is an internet board and has no brain to form opinions
>>
spics and people pretending to be spics for the purpose of shitposting aside, the original Mazinger/Getter is kinda hard to watch.

Not because of the animation, more of "holy shit, there's how many episodes of this?"
>>
>>13815052
Fuck you, man. Why don't you like it?
>>
I don't like Galaxy Express 999's TV series, love the films though.
Don't really like southern cross.
>>
I haven't really watched that much older mecha that I didn't enjoy to some extent.
>>
>>13815219
Oh wait I just remembered an example. I didn't really like Yamato S3. Pretty dull compared to the previous two seasons.
>>
>>13815047
Southern Cross. From what I've heard, it has an excellent, catchy theme song, but is otherwise not memorable at all. I doubt as many people would know what it was if it hadn't become the second arc of Robotech.
>>
>>13815071
Long series stop being overwhelming after a while if you're actually enjoying it.
>>
Despite being one of the pioneers of mechs in a medieval setting, I thought Galient was mostly "meh"
>>
Dancouga is kind of boring and Orgruss is super boring.
>>
>>13815047
Southern Cross, it was slow as fuck and horribly written.
>>
A lot of /m/ appears to think that CCA was not the sendoff the early UC deserved.
>>
Giant Gorg and Mospeada
>>
>>13815405
>Giant Gorg
>bad

I can understand it not being what people thought it was going to be, but it's a Jules Verne-type great adventure story by YAS. Makes me wish he directed more.
>>
>>13815408

The characters made the show very annoying, especially Doris. Who started out ok, but got insufferable as time goes by.
>>
Ginguiser maybe? Though that's one that /m/ loves ironically.
>>
>>13815047

That's actually a hard one to really answer, mostly because the truly shit shows no one remembers anymore.

Almost by definition, anything that people cared enough about to preserve until now is something that someone thought was worth preserving. It didn't just automatically happen back in the day, there is almost a whole season's worth of episodes of the original Doctor Who that do not exist anymore in any form save the dim memories of the people who watched them on TV.

People saved copies of Macross and Getter and other stuff we can name. No one saved copies of 'Wave of Planets: J-Mega' because it was shit and got cancelled and god why would you?
>>
Panzer World Galient wasn't that good, although I liked many aspects of it
And various brave shows like Exkaiser and Fighbird
>>
>>13815538

Sometimes people save bad things because they're so awful that they stick in your head as being exceptionally so, like one of your examples, for instance. The only things truly forgotten are those that are neither good nor terrible, and are so bland that they leave no impression on you, good or bad.
>>
>>13815552

I think you are retroporting modern ideology when it comes to media consumption. With our terabites of free space, having a copy of a show we don't even like downloaded costs on nothing.

Back in the days of VHS, you probably had to pay for that show 6-10 times just to have all of the episodes, and then you needed a whole shelf just to store it. That's a lot of money and investment just to have something you don't even like. And it comes at the expense of, if nothing else, using that money to buy something you actually enjoy instead.

That's a pretty specific combination of expendable income and autism that isn't common. And even if that happens, they have to successfully pass that on to someone who kept it in good condition and gave a shit, instead of having it just get tossed in the trash when they die.
>>
>>13815572
But he's right. People did remember and save things that were terrible but that stuck in their head
>>
>>13815587

You will notice that most of my objections dry up quick when we are talking about a movie rather than a show, because the cost of owning the movie (financially, opportunity, and space) are all vastly less when it comes to a single cassette tape, doubly so when that single cassette tape is probably in the dollar bin.
>>
File: contemplates.jpg (29KB, 379x340px) Image search: [Google]
contemplates.jpg
29KB, 379x340px
>>13815622
Good point. So is there a forgotten Plan 9 of tv programmes?
>>
>>13815633

If there was, we wouldn't be able to name it. By definition.
>>
>>13815047
Yamato was pretty good.

So was Galaxy Express and all that related stuff.

Mazinger fits certain people's taste.
>>
>>13815694
>Mazinger fits certain people's taste

As in people who wouldn't know about good stories, let alone good science fiction, even if it came and bit them on the ass?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.