[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Layzner so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 23573.jpg (39KB, 225x322px) Image search: [Google]
23573.jpg
39KB, 225x322px
Why do people hate Layzner so much?
>>
>>13813690
I haven't even seen it and I hate it.
>>
People do? I personally think the show went downhill at the 2nd half, but i don't hate it.
>>
>>13813693
This exactly.

The second half wasn't nearly as good, felt too much like an entirely different show, and overall was just not very good.
>>
>>13813690
>Why do people never talk about Layzner so much?

And

>Why don't people see Layzner at all
FTFY

Wish someone interviewed Takahashi regarding his plans for 2nd half.
>>
>>13813690

Because it's subpar.
>>
Because it only has shitty encodes.
>>
>>13813690
It got good after ep 8 and the second half was awesome.
>>
>>13813693
>>13813696
Interestingly, I remember before the show got subbed, it was the second half people talked up. Largely born on the since debunked rumors that it was too controversial and got the show canned.

The problem with the second half is it never fully lives up to any of the hype that was built around it before anyone actually watched it.

The focus of the politics of occupation starts ambitious enough, but sort of falters after the first couple of episodes. As interesting as the idea of Grados wiping out Earth's culture is, it never really goes beyond being a novelty of the second half of the series and a way for Anna to stay relevant.
Likewise, the Fist of the North Star comparisons, much like with Dragonar and Gundam X, are pretty overblown. Yeah, Eiji is pretty handy with a tonfa, but after the first episode or two back, it's more about going for the mechs again. Gosterro doesn't even double down that much, since he was already a crazy prick - only now he's got a goon squad with him.

It never really swings far enough either way to make either comparison actually fit, and it also tries to work in the Julia cult to give Grados a good reason to question what the Hell they're doing.

Ultimately, the second half of Layzner is a mess. An ambitious one, to be certain, but one that never really seems fully clear where it's going with itself.
>>
>>13813690
>Layzner
>hate

what
when they finished subbing it was one of the times of most joy in this board's history
>>
>>13813852
'Sup spic
>>
>>13813890
People got excited for this, of all things? Really?
>>
>>13813893
Getterfag please, the last thing we need is another series and its fanbase ruined by your autism.
>>
>>13813904
For several reasons, judging from how much people complained/kept bothering/asked for new releases from the team, and a lot of good influence from BROhgami (one of the people I personally miss hte most here, RIP in pieces) generating lot of expectation
>>
I'm getting real sick of these threads
>Why do people hate this show that there is no evidence people actually hate this show?
>>
>>13813693
Because of that.

The second half is garbage
>>
>>13813883
>Likewise, the Fist of the North Star comparisons, much like with Dragonar and Gundam X, are pretty overblown
Wait wait wait.

I can't let this slide. The FotNS comparisons are absolutely valid with Dragonar. It is literally a completely different show during that entire third quarter and none of the characters in it nor what happens in it were relevant for the final arc, except the girl. I wouldn't say it's shit but it stands out like crazy
>>
>>13813931
>The second half is garbage
you mean win
>>
>>13813929
I swear it's just shitposters at this point. We've been invaded by newfags who want to shitpost and generate hate for some reason.
>>
>>13813922
That also came with its downsides though.

Lest we forget the guy who would troll every other msubs release with "So you guys dropped Layzner?"
>>
>>13813883
Part of the problem might be that it was cancelled, and that some of the content we're missing is vitally important?

>>13813951
That's when the Custom upgrade happens, though. That's important.
>>
>>13813883
>>13813951
Personally, I think that the Kinnikuman spin-off Fight! Ramenman is more of a Fist of the North Star series than either of those two, despite having no punks or post-apocalypse wasteland. Okay, there's Machine Robo as well to an extent, but still.
>Gundam X
It's more often compared to Mad Max than FotNS, though.
>>
>>13813966
Seriously. I haven't really browsed /m/ actively for about a year, and now I'm back, it's like I stepped into another world. People are trying to run Getter off the board for some reason?
>>
>>13814240
>People
Literally one guy samefagging
>>
>>13813966
I'm no newfag, I've just found how fun it is to shitpost and try and incite things.
>>
LONELY WAY
KONO BOKU NO
LONELY WAY
OMOU MAMA

HASIRE MELOS NO YOU NI
>>
>>13813843
But the blurays came out.
>>
>>13814667
starseeker was too busy with Gyroshitter to do something that's actually good, unfortunately
>>
File: 1312601875756.png (35KB, 391x197px) Image search: [Google]
1312601875756.png
35KB, 391x197px
>>13813693
The Cold War first half was the most interesting part of the show.
>>
>>13814200
>It's more often compared to Mad Max than FotNS, though.

Which is also pretty fucking inaccurate, but that's a discussion for another thread.
>>
>>13814173
>Part of the problem might be that it was cancelled, and that some of the content we're missing is vitally important?

All that says there's a reason for it to be that way. It doesn't wash the fact it's there. Especially when they had a chance to go back and try and fix it with the OVAs and still only did just so much to salvage it.
>>
>>13813922
I miss BRO too ;_; He was an excellent translator and a real joy to work with (I timed some stuff for him back when he was around, most notably Shining Heresy). But he's busy with IRL stuff--job, family, that sort of thing these days.
>>
>>13814875
It's a shame, really. Star is almost completely surrounded by shows she would rather not want to do yet has to go through them anyway, so his assistance would've been needed there. At least his work on Gorg was good.

>>13814720
She's done with Gyro, she just has the Unltraman Ginga S movie to do at the moment.
>>
>>13815147
I meant she was wasting time with garbage like Gyroshitter instead of actually good shows, you dunce, not what she's doing at the moment
>>
>>13815481
Well, if you're annoyed with shows she actually enjoys working on, complain about it to her. Venting about it here won't change a thing.
>>
>>13815491

I know beggars can't be choosers, but it's always shameful to see someone waste their time on some trash instead of something good like this.
>>
>>13815515
It just happens sometimes, man. This is pretty much how I feel about Saizen-Fansubs doing Kuroko, but I can't stay angry at them since their hardest-working timer died.

But hey, at the end of the day, an undesired show finished means there's still another chance for people to move on to the ones you wish will get tackled afterwards, since the list shrinks steadily.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.