[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunpla/Plamo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 85

File: amazing.jpg (166KB, 980x1027px) Image search: [Google]
amazing.jpg
166KB, 980x1027px
Gunpla / Plamo General

***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions as there is a chance it has already been answered there.
For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here.
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!
>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1 AND http://gundma.imgur.com/
Another gunpla guide:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf

January Restock: http://pastebin.com/cGZkTqai

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Old Thread >>13798655
>>
Our next Group Build!

Field Repair

Basically what this means is that rather than the mobile suit being fresh out of a factory, it's quite the opposite. Whether it's trudging through dense jungles or dodging debris in asteroid belts, your mobile suit has seen some better days.
You've been out in the field for quite a long time now, nearly half a year of active duty in the front lines and your personal mobile suit's pretty banged up. What's worse is the fact that there isn't a maintenance bay within several thousand kilometers of your local area that's capable of making any major repairs. Your unit's engineering crew has resorted to patch work and jury-rigging to keep your machine operational. Stray fire might have crippled its legs and arms or otherwise dealt considerable damage to a mobile suit's systems meanwhile some units have simply lost bits of armor and panels to the elements and have been forced to patch weld metal sheets over the exposed inner workings.
In any case it's beaten to hell but somehow you and your team have somehow kept it chugging along and now command's ordered all units operating in your theatre to fall back to form a defensive line against the enemy offensive.

Deadline: March 7
Send submissions to: [email protected]
>>
Has anyone tried hanging models from their ceilings? If so, did you just tie some fishing wire around some of the joints and then put it through a hoop?
>>
>>13807836
The Meijins have good taste in gunpla.
>>
File: 1422230910937.jpg (73KB, 421x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422230910937.jpg
73KB, 421x480px
>>13807863
to scared to try that ever
>>
Which of these green beauties should I build next? Palace Athene or Doven Wolf.

I'm so torn between the two!
>>
>>13807946
Obviously Doven Wolf.
>>
File: Gunpla base.png (1MB, 1152x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Gunpla base.png
1MB, 1152x1294px
Reposting for the new thread.
>>
>>13807863
Fishing wire? You mean monofilament? That's what I would do.

I mean it's what I did with model planes as a kid the principal is the same.
>>
File: Gunpla-base-12.png (2MB, 1152x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Gunpla-base-12.png
2MB, 1152x1294px
>>13807968
>>
>>13807863
I tried it with my hg Gouf Custom, I hung it from the ceiling next to my bed. Then one night the connector for the arm fell off and the Gouf just fell to the carpet. So the next day I woke up, stepped out of bed and crunch :,( Never again.
>>
>>13807978
Fuckin' IGLOO face made me do a spit-take.
>>
>>13807863
The only way I see this working is if the model's glued together and you drill a hole into the thickest plastic part and glue a hook or loop into it and hang it from that.
>>
>the Rebake is still in Pre-Order status
>it's the only thing keeping my package from being sent

GODDAMNIT
>>
File: CZdzTcfUAAEiBQ8.jpg (94KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZdzTcfUAAEiBQ8.jpg
94KB, 600x800px
What the fuck is this
>>
>>13807836
Poor Zaku Amazing...

Too early for The Origin mold

Too late for Build Fighters.

Same goes with Build MK II.

I really need a Revive version of that guy.
>>
>>13808018
Is that?

Did...is this really a thing...I don't have words.
>>
>>13808033
Zaku Amazing used the HGUC MSV Zakus as a base, they're pretty modern kits compared to the Build Gundam MK2.
>>
>>13808041
Gunpla is freedom.
>>
>>13808033
Didn't it use the F2 as a mold? That's relatively new, not Origin new but reasonably new, not Qubeley Pappilon/Build MK2 - tier.
>>
>>13807978
Well done.
>>
>>13808033
The pauldrons and and skirt armor can be easily kitbashed onto the origin hi-mo zaku but the legs are another story unless you just straight up replace them.
>>
File: 11782_4.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
11782_4.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
>>13808018
>>13808041
This is the pinnacle of gunpla.
https://twitter.com/ZMD11S/status/691147858574069760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
Do Tengas feel nice?
>>
>>13808116
why do you think the Japanese population is dropping?
>>
>>13808018
>>13808092

HI-MEGA TENGA, FIREEEEE
>>
>>13808129
>HI-MEGA TENGA, SUUUUUUCK
alternatively
>HI-MEGA TENGA, BLOOOOOW
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>13808033
Dude, it used the zaku Himo mold, which was pretty much the best HG zaku mold at the time and pretty damn modern. Especially when compared to the build MK II and QP kits which were using molds from like a decade ago.

The kits isn't bad at all either, what issue did you have with it?
>>
>>13808151
In retrospect it doesn't have the latest technology.
>>
>>13808092
From what we can see of the insides, this gunpla build is actually roughly as complicated and textured as a real tenga onahole.
>those things are fucking rocket science for your dick
>>
>>13808149
but a Tenga kinda does neither of those, you move it manually
it should be more like
>TARGET LOCK ON, ALIGNMENT COMPLETE
>HI-MEGA TENGA, LAUNCHING
>>
>>13808159
Define "latest," if you could? I'm curious as to what more you would want.

Even a new Revive kit isn't THAT much better than what we got aside from full flexion of the elbows and knees?
Possibly greater polycap compatibility for kitbashing, but that's all I can think of.
>>
>>13808171
A Tenga doesn't "launch" or "shoot" either. That's what you do INTO it.
>>
>>13808116
Why don't you go ask the actual general for them?
>>
>>13808159
Other than the latest polycap layout/runner introduced with the AGP kits it really doesn't lack anything. It's perfectly fine articulation wise considering its bulkiness, has decent detail, and comes with a ton of weapons. The HGUC it's based on was a very nice kit and still is.
>>
>>13808116
If your dick is tiny, then yes.
Fucking perfect for me, like it was made bespoke for my penis.
>>
>>13808175
The Zaku Amazing has trouble holding the large rifle, which The Origin can do fine.

And articulation

Small things like that
>>
>>13808092
So, this is the new gundam SEED kit ?
>>
>>13808181
by lauch I mean having the tengashiki align the tenga to the shaft and launch it onto the shaft

wow I just typed that sentence
>>
February restock list when?
>>
>>13808188
>AGP kits
Got a little lost. What's AGP?

Not the guy you're responding to by the way; just a guy looking to get back into gunpla after building a Gelgoog Cannon when it was actually a new kit.
>>
File: nopaint.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
nopaint.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Do any of the older HGs need cement?
And by older I mean 1999-ish and after
>>
>>13808200
Kidou Tenga Gundam physics shouldn't be explained out loud.
>>
File: fair zaku compare.png (605KB, 935x653px) Image search: [Google]
fair zaku compare.png
605KB, 935x653px
>>13808196

Here is an illustration thanks to my friend Mr D. Long
>>
File: MC-C.jpg (132KB, 1366x769px) Image search: [Google]
MC-C.jpg
132KB, 1366x769px
>>13808209
Kidou Hiningu Condom's long-lost brother?
>>
>>13808203
"All Gundam Project".

As part of sort of a cross promotion with Build Fighters, Bandai started a release/marketing campaign for releasing modern kits for the last several lead gundams that lacked them (Wing gundam, Victory, F91, Double X, etc) using their new polycap runner. It's really just a marketing gimmick in the end but it got us a bunch of long awaited kits and was the first time Bandai went into late UC with the HGUC line.

The Revive kits being released currently are basically the same deal, re-releaseing modern versions of dated kits with modern engineering.

The whole thing is to help make kitbashing easier.
>>
>>13808213
That mostly just comes down to the Amazing being a bulkier design though, which matches the show. A new kit won't help that unless they drastically alter the proportions.
>>
>>13808213
Yep, so really what's different his that the Origin Zaku II gets full flexion of its elbows (so it can draw back with both right shoulder and elbow) to get a "proper" shot.

Conversely, the old Amazing Zaku isn't "bad," just outdated. Yeah, it's small, but 90-degree maximum flexion has been the HG staple for...more or less forever, so you're not missing TOO much.

Just think of the Zaku Amazing as more of its in-setting counterpart: not a terrible MS (kit), but it's certainly functional, and quite good as-is compared to older kits (in metaphor, the Zaku I or outdated variants of the II).
>>
>>13808219
Ah, so that's it. I knew the Revive line purpose, so I'm glad it simply expands it outwards.

Really, I'm impressed with photos of the Gundam Mk-II revives, so this is actually really great (along with easier kitbash).
>>
Nobell revive when?
>>
>>13808213
Wasn't the Zaku Amazing designed for melee and close-range combat anyway, in-universe?
>>
>>13808246
Considering that Build Fighter's entire setting was "slap shit onto your gunpla and the magic fighting machine will make it make sense," it's honestly anything the owner says it is, regardless of the WYSIWYG loadout. They make the MS do silly, silly things (though it's fine since they aren't "real robots" at that point).
>>
>>13808240
The all gundam project is over. The Revive project is its replacement.
>>
>>13808246
It was an all rounder unit.

Cleavers for close combat, pistols for mid range, and a cannon and missile launchers for long range.

For the most part Yuuki heavily favors jack of all trade machines that carry a variety of weapon options (Even in the manga). The Exia Amazing is really the only break from this as it mostly featured close combat swords.

His gunpla are like swiss army knives really.
>>
File: the god zaku.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
the god zaku.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>13808246
It was designed for JUST
>>
File: the god zaku 2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
the god zaku 2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>13808269
The way Tatsuya fought before he became Meijin was tons better.
>>
File: beui.jpg (335KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
beui.jpg
335KB, 1472x828px
Wroom
>>
>>13808285

Metal.. Gear..!
>>
>>13808285
Is it bad that I don't recognize what MS this is?
>>
>>13808250
Actually, speaking of this, was Build Burning supposed to be an RG, or something unique? It had an internal frame, but I recall it showing up as an HG on Sekai's GP Base. So what gives?
>>
>>13808362
Star Build Strike had an inner frame, too. Sei is just a gunpla wizard.
>>
>>13808354
Z Plus Unicorn Ver.
With a piece from old 1/100 Victory.
>>
File: 20140313_241255.jpg (256KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20140313_241255.jpg
256KB, 800x600px
>>13808362
The system can apparently just recognize if the base was a HG or a RG or not.

Fun Fact: Sei/Reiji sidegrading to the Build MK-II was actually foreshadowing for the RG System.

>Additionally, the knowledge Sei gained from building this machine was used in his next creation, the Star Build Strike. Specifically, the base Gundam Mk-II possesses an inner frame similar to a human skeleton called a Movable Frame. This structure was ported to the Build Strike, and played a part in the development of Sei's unique RG System. When the Star Build Strike activates the RG System, a skeleton structure can momentarily be seen inside it. As you might have pieced together, that inner frame is identical to the Movable Frame inside this machine. While the Build Mk-II does not possess a RG System, it would probably be relatively easy to install one. Unfortunately, other things needed to be built during the preparations for the World Tournament so this addition never happened.
>>
>>13808407
Why the MK II Gundam though?

Sei was a total SEED fan. I felt like his secondary unit should have been a Freedom or Impulse.
>>
File: build strike frame.jpg (196KB, 1678x940px) Image search: [Google]
build strike frame.jpg
196KB, 1678x940px
>>13808362
Sei built full inner frames into his other gunpla as well.

The actual HG is just an HG of the design, not an exact 1:1 replica of the kit in the show.

In show it's registered as an HG because somewhere in the build it uses what were at some point HG parts.
>>
>>13808438
>>13808407
>>13808367
>>13808362

Also, BF didn't really market or mention RG at all outside of the RG system as a reference. Most likely due to the series being marketed as a kids series and RG having a higher Age rating on the kits.

>>13808427
Sei was a total gundam fan in general and displayed as much love in his references for UC as he had kits of Seed.
>>
>>13808427
Try completely sold me on the Destiny. Bought a kit just from Shimon's performance with his snapfit build alone.
>>
>>13808427
when put into a trance, he uncontrollably starts quoting UC rather than CE
>>
>>13808427
I dunno I mean he recited every single one of Amuro's lines.
>>
>>13808438

>Sei
>Absolute Gundam fan
>Lives it
>Dreams it
>Builder fanatic

>Sekai
>Martial artists
>Has no love for Gunpla
>Only interested in using Gunpla as a medium for his martial arts
>Only interested in building Gunpla if he gets to build with a cute loli

Sekai a passionless boy who smudges the good name of true Gundam fans.
>>
Guys I've had my MG Double X model since last year June or July and I still haven't touched it.

On top of that I now have MG F91, MG Aegis, and an MG Destiny that I intend to sell off and rebuy Destiny as the Extreme Burst version.

But I've had all these models sitting there gaining dust for so long I'm getting worried I've fallen out of touch with Gunpla.
>>
Is there a general rule as to how much acrylic retarder to put into your mix?
Somewhere like 1:10?
>>
>>13808471
The only good part in Try in general was when Kawaguchi kicked Yuu's shit in using his own beat up gunpla.
>Don't use the words "try hard" to comfort yourself
>Those words are for cheering on others.
>>
>>13808473
Make some neat linearts and get painting a custom
>>
>>13808486
I have never painted a Gunpla before and still feel too inexperienced to paint one. I've built over 23 Gunpla and have only now learned of Top Coating and will start doing it next model onwards.

Don't even ask how I'm so shit.
>>
>>13808494
Just use paint cans if you don't plan on doing a dozen customs.

The startup cost is much cheaper.
>>
>>13808500
As probably overestimating my abilities, I sort of want to just save up enough and invest straight into stuff like airbrushes, because I want to try my hardest at painting Gunpla, I'm just too poor at the moment and don't have enough free time to do it.
>>
>>13808471
>Reiji
>Doesn't really know anything about Gundam
>Plays Gunpla Battle because it's fun
>Decides to build a Gunpla partially to spite Sei that he can
>Gets good beginner's instruction on building his first kit
>Comes to appreciate how a builder feels about watching their Gunpla get damaged, how much work Sei puts into his own Gunpla, and how this is holding Sei back as a fighter

I liked Reiji a hell of a lot better than I did Sekai.
>>
>>13808511
I can't wait for the OVA when Kamiki Gundam gets absolutely trashed and he understands a builder's feelings for his Gunpla.
>>
>>13808521
nah, that girl will just help him fix it and he won't have learnt anything
>>
>>13808544
Kamiki is such a babby
>>
>>13808521
When are those coming out, by the way? I've watched through build fighters three times now. Can't they just continue that universe and shove try off into the corner of nothingness? I'd rather watch a fucking adam sandler film then rewatch try, at least one of his films is shorter in comparison even if the amount of terribleness can possibly be as much in proportion.
>>
>>13808567
Hey, not absolutely everything in Try was terrible. Star Winning was a particular favorite, especially its Real Mode.
>>
>>13808208
only built a couple but those didn't require any but they would undoubtedly have less parts frequently fall apart if they were glued together, still got bad old joints tho
>>
>>13808567
>I'd rather watch a fucking adam sandler film then rewatch try
Whoa, lets not say things we can't take back, now.
>>
File: Toshiya's commentary on BF Try.jpg (159KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Toshiya's commentary on BF Try.jpg
159KB, 1280x1440px
>>13808567
Hey, there were good parts of Try.
I'll list them right here.
First four eps -> Episode 7 (Snapfag Simon) -> Episode 10 (Beargguy race) -> Episode 19 (Junya beats the shit out of Sekai) -> Episode 22 (TRYON 3) -> Episode 25 (We actually remembered that this show was supposed to be fun - the episode)
>>
>>13808427
He honestly might have been experimenting with making his own inner frame.

>>13808438
That's the SBS, not the base BS. Like the manual mentioned above, Sei took the knowledge he learned from building the Build MK-II and put it into all future builds.

In fact, Build Burning is supposed to be him going even further and synthesizing what her learned from both the MK-II and the SBS; the blue clear parts all over the BB are effectively Plavsky Particle sinks that draw in particles all the time. The BB is stated in its manual to effectively always be in RG Mode.

Man I should get a blog or something and start posting up manual translations.
>>
File: gundam_condom_1.jpg (48KB, 279x400px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_condom_1.jpg
48KB, 279x400px
>>13808215

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9pDVcsaqk

I guess this is very appropriate now.
>>
>>13808511
Actual character growth? Holy shit, what a novel concept, right? Shame it was more or less a one time thing.
>>
Saw a link to scalemodeldb.com in the past (or past past) thread and I was gonna use it but now it's dead.
>>
>>13808569
>Star winning
The twist wasn't even hidden
It was obvious from the fucking reveal that it had a real mode
>>13808585
None of those episodes were good. I wish they were. I wish Tryon 3's episode made sense, but it didn't. Go rewatch it again. They reuse the stock footage when it makes no sense. Team Try acts as if they're all actually getting hit by the shit that the Tryon 3 is doing. Minato's teammates don't say a thing during the entire debacle even though up to that point they were actually shown as having some sort of teamwork and bond, at least moreso then the main characters. Episode 25 is hamfisted as fuck. They just threw a reference in the original series at the start, revealed two new products, showed off the contest winners beating a jobber who honestly had no right to job as hard as he did with the mobile armors he was making, then added on the "gunpla is fun rite guiz this series wasn't shit" right at the end.
Try was shit, lady meijin made no sense and yuki had no reason to be the meijin supposedly seven years later. Saga adou isn't a middle schooler, gyanko and fumina aren't either, the series was shit and had no redeemable qualities outside some specific model kits. Mostly just Tryon 3 and Gundam The End.
And if you're a fag that loves flaming effect parts, the build boring.
>>
>>13808795
There were plenty of decent kits though, sadly.
EZ-SR, R-Gyagya, Denial, Da Vinci.
>>
File: MGkZU5p.jpg (159KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
MGkZU5p.jpg
159KB, 816x612px
>>13808797
Da Vinci blows, the scale is completely fucked.

Why did they even bother saying it was the same height as the Leopard if they're just going to have it loom over all the HGAW kits?
>>
File: 2jOtXQs.jpg (206KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
2jOtXQs.jpg
206KB, 816x612px
>>13808801
The listed heights for reference.
>>
File: photo_1453755275856.jpg (219KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1453755275856.jpg
219KB, 612x816px
Finished this the other day, haven't had a chance to take proper pictures of this and the other kit I'm about to post. I matte sprayed it, but I haven't taken a picture of that so this is just after I finished snapping it together.
>>
File: photo_1453949098533.jpg (235KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
photo_1453949098533.jpg
235KB, 816x612px
>>13808826
And here's this fat fuck, I fucking love it. Thinking about weathering him and whatnot for the contest, but I'm also in the middle of painting something else. I think I'm almost done, but I might not be. Granted I suppose I don't need to paint it per say to weather it either, but nonetheless I want to work on it more. It's my favorite suit since The O.
>>
>>13808801
I was thinking of getting a Da Vinci, since I like it's design.
>>
>>13808801

How is the HGAW Airmaster? It's in my backlog, and I'm torn between doing it, a HG Jesta, or a HG Zeta Plus Unicorn Ver.
>>
File: scale.jpg (585KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
585KB, 1200x900px
>>13808855
I like it. It's just a Wing Gundam with less clownish colors, but looks good.
>>
>>13808869
it looks... Brave-ish
>>
やるだけ無駄、イカサマの勝負はしない、管理人の写真でも見ろ
>>
File: Untitled-59.jpg (361KB, 1065x799px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-59.jpg
361KB, 1065x799px
Seems like the black parts of the wings does not separate like it does on the RG.
I kinda prefer it this way though since the RG wings feels flimsy as fuck due to this gimmick.
Only thing I don't like on this is the mini beam rifle.
Understandable though since he has 4 other huge laser cannons.
>>
>>13808958
Too much unnecessary shit 6/10
>>
File: benis.png (36KB, 249x212px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
36KB, 249x212px
>>13808092
Benis Gundam.
>>
File: 145365457.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
145365457.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>13808274
This was the DUMBEST fight of BF. Gunpla gore and "muh fighter spirit" is shit. Bunch of annoying kids pulverizing plastic in an ego fight.
>>
File: bs.jpg (351KB, 900x1447px) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
351KB, 900x1447px
>>13807863
>>13807918
>>13807984
>>13808003

yes it might take some minor steps to not be retarded, but if you can't hang a small robit kit from the ceiling you might want to retire
>>
>>13808196
>>13808213

this is because

1. ZA's rifle has a forward handle, which requires wrist movement to work properly
2. the origin kit is hold it's rifle at a flatter angle to the chest, which is the easiest way to make it work
3. obviously there are some age differences
>>
>>13807863
literally every tokusatsu with spaceships, Star Trek, etc did this.
>>
>>13808033
>>13808175
I had the same disappointing issue with the build MKII. So today I said fuck it and am just going to use the RG as a base. Is do the same for ZA but the RG is kinda grenade-y. RAGE ON RAGE ON RAGE ON
>>
>>13807978
Excellent
>>
>>13809201

you might enjoy the robot tamashii line of casual figs
>>
File: CZ0FWeQVAAA0fpC.jpg (95KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZ0FWeQVAAA0fpC.jpg
95KB, 600x800px
Building my third Stiletto.
>>
>>13807475
>>13807624
my niggas
>>
Last night I had a dream in which for part of it I went to a store that had Votoms-esque plamo, with boxes the size of a small child.
How's the quality of Votoms kits?
>>
>>13808958
Pure sex.
>>
>>13808958
>completely re-designed - The MG
Is this the future of MGs? Parts opening up for no reason and 200% more pointy edge.
And why is the V-Fin so fucking long.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih5WCumvn5I
Frozen Teardrop confirmed!!!
>>
>>13809347
Nah.
>>
>>13809347
>Shit, we don't even know what half the MS look like for this series.
>Just keep showing a bunch of ms from the EW OVA, that'll be good enough.
>Do the same with the characters too.
>>
>>13809370

it's fan made you goob, not like they have any control over that shit
>>
>>13809378
I am well aware that it's fan made.
>>
File: b160635.jpg (125KB, 656x712px) Image search: [Google]
b160635.jpg
125KB, 656x712px
>born to short to be cool
>born to tall to be cute
>born to be super shit
>>
>>13809380

oh ok so your comments are retarded rather than ignorant
>>
Looks like my packages are finally coming. Lazy ass NYers...
>>
>>13808832
I want one of these lil niggas so bad man

>>13809261
Which ones? I have a Bandai 1/20 Scopedog and it's awesome. Wave makes kits as well and they seem to be spoken of well online.

>tfw no 1/20 Rabidly Dog ever
>tfw no 1/20 Diving Beetle ever
>>
>>13809347
>that oldschool shading
Nah, this is fake.
>>
>>13809385
I just found it funny. No reason to get your panties in a knot over it.
>>
So I just came to a realization here. After putting together my Schwalbe....Freedom(?), I have no idea what to do with the now wingless Revive (besides finish building it). Outside of the conversion kit, I can't think of anything to do with it. Any ideas guys?
>>
Guys, wtf is up with packages coming from the north? It's been 2 damn days since my stuff was due and it isn't fucking here yet!!
>>
File: CZPqsL3WAAESTk8.jpg (56KB, 743x476px) Image search: [Google]
CZPqsL3WAAESTk8.jpg
56KB, 743x476px
anyone else excited for these?
>>
>>13809333
>The future
Anon there have been over 150 MG redesigns released so far. Where have you even been?
>>
If the anon that did the lighting on the Kshatriya from last thread is still here, can you elaborate on how you mounted the optical wire near the boosters on the unit?
>>
File: ItaleriCementoLiquido.jpg (8KB, 113x267px) Image search: [Google]
ItaleriCementoLiquido.jpg
8KB, 113x267px
Sorry in advance for all the links
I am just starting out and I want to know if the following things will suffice.
I have ordered a black, gray and brown fine tip pen. I already have a bunch of tools so I won't be needing any more for the models. I was also thinking of buying modeling glue( pic related) in order to use it like the guy in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikk7ybBiP1I
Would that work? I also really liked how his zaku turned out so I am also interested in weathering it like the guy did. Are these markers any good for that?
Gundam Marker Real Touch Set 2
Btw does weathering have a similar effect with dry brushing? If yes which one is the best and what kind of paint do I use when dry brushing?
Finally are these matt sprays any good for gundam models?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001W03PS6?keywords=mr%20super%20clear&qid=1454003650&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006O6D8FS?keywords=mr%20super%20clear&qid=1454003650&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3
Thanks for the advice
>>
Is the Real Grade Zaku II worth it?

I was thinking just to wait a year or two for a Revive Zaku II (really surprised the Gouf and Gyan got it before the humble grunt Zaku II).
I'm really freaking impressed with the Revive Gundam Mk-II so far (but then again, it was the first Gundam, non-monoeye/zeon-styled MS I had built in years, so I may not have known if it had always been as good).
>>
File: 9431e5ee[1].jpg (80KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
9431e5ee[1].jpg
80KB, 1024x819px
ITS TIME FOR SOME MOTHERFUCKIN DEMOCRACY
>>
>>13810148
>four guns
>four shots
Hey, maybe those guns might finally be useful.
>>
Can I thin Tamiya acrylics with alcohol or water? What is the ratio? Are they good for airbrush and how much should I wait between each coat?
If I want to panel wash over those what kind of coat should I use on them?
>>
>>13809836
Try giving it a more traditional backpack? There's plenty of those GBF backpack sets. Or Builder Parts, like the funnel racks, along with backlog/extra parts. Do whatever you want.
>>
>>13808243
It doesn't need one, the Nobel kits are some of the best engineered HGs in existence, next to no seamlines at all
>>
>>13810256
Tamiya is alcohol based and it is highly recommended you use their own thinner (although iso alcohol works, just not as well on its own).

They are pretty much specifically formulated for airbrushing.
>>
>>13810274
Yeah but I just want a reprint. I doubt the old kit itself would get reprinted.
>>
>>13810256

I really like Mr hobby levelling thinner even with tamiya, that stuff is magic
>>
>>13808387
what piece? i see nothing pictured that's from victory, nor is there anything like that in the kit
>>
File: 5121.jpg (289KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
5121.jpg
289KB, 1472x828px
>>13810396
Something for the core fighter mode in the old Victory.
>>
File: 1451270184189.jpg (53KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451270184189.jpg
53KB, 960x720px
>>13810148
STICKER GALORE
>>
are there any guides for converting ball joints to pegs, or pegs to ball joints for legs? Want to kitbash a pair of legs onto another kit.
>>
>>13809116
don't trust gravity
>>
>>13810547
>what is paint?
>>
File: gundma ew ew.png (781KB, 1000x661px) Image search: [Google]
gundma ew ew.png
781KB, 1000x661px
What is better design?

Wing Gundam or Wing Zelo

I wanna get both, but I don't really want to build the same kit twice.
>>
>>13810638
Is that even a question?
Either way it's down to YOUR preference. Why not buy what you like, rather than what some nerds on the internet want you to buy?
>>
>>13810638
Just buy both and build the other one at a later date
>>
Long time snap builder, first time painter here. I've built a small handful of kits, and want to get in to painting them.

I'm considering using Testors Model Masters spray paints. But Tamiya spray paint is also available locally. Lets say a spoon is gonna be my subject.

Sand-> Prime -> Lacquer -> Gloss Coat -> Enamel or acrylic -> Details* -> Top coat

I read the guide, but I still am a bit lost, looking at primers, there seems to be different colors, the same for top coats. I faintly remember it being explained in the past which primer was used for which colors you intended, but I could use a helping hand.

I guess the scenario would be two white pieces, seam welded together, standard plastic white. And I want to turn it in to a gloss white, with decals under the final layer,

Would standard sanding job>Tamiya white surface primer>Testors MM white lacquer paint>Testors MM lacquer clear coat>decals>Testors MM lacquer Clear coat (or Testors MM lacquer matte coat If I wanted to switch to Matte instead) be the proper order? Or am I reading the guide, and remembering past advice wrong?

And for one more scenario, all the same, seamwelded with decals, except, say... blue: standard sanding job>Tamiya grey or black surface primer>Testors MM blue lacquer paint>Testors MM lacquer clear coat>decals>Testors MM lacquer Clear coat be a workable solution.

Thank you in advance, I'd appreciate knowing if I am on the right track. Or if I am being a complete shitter. Any better alternatives are welcome.
>>
>>13810638
Personally I like the design of the Wing EW more. Though the colors are very toyetic to me. It'd tone them down pretty hard.
>>
>>13810638
... I think the honoo one looks neat
>>
>>13808869
>>13808855
Get it. It's one of my favorites.
>>
>>13808869
It looks like this person literally used a sharpie to fill in those ducts.
>>
Where should i go if i want to get my hands in both, gourai and stiletto frame arms girl?
The normal places don't have them in stock, and Amazon they go for like 2 o 3 more.
Should i wait for them to be available again (if they ever get made again, thats it)
>>
>>13808215
Does these come in mobile armour size for my Big Zam?
>>
>>13810828
Gourai? Nowhere for a reasonable price. They only did one production run of it over half a year ago and it was stupidly popular so it goes for over $100 with no second production run in sight.

Paradoxically it is cheaper to buy the exclusive version of it now than the original, although that is still like $80.
>>
>>13810828
Also, best place for Stylet is still Amazon last I checked.
>>
>>13810944
Mandarake is the best place, I see her go up all the time, 5k yen.
>>
>>13810965
She jumped in price since I last checked last week. She was going for about $55 or so on Amazon when I last looked and now she's $75. Materia being released must have boosted sales.
>>
>>13809711
>replace torso with strike's
>you now have Freedom Strike Gundam
>>
>>13810581
>ball joints to pegs
shave/sand down ball joint to size, fit to appropriate polycap
>pegs to ball joint
use one of those ball-type polycaps (if you build SDs you know the ones) and fit to appropriate polycap

now if you want hip rotation... sorry, can't help with that
>>
>>13810743
>I faintly remember it being explained in the past which primer was used for which colors you intended, but I could use a helping hand.

Apologies if this sounds stupid basic, but any colour primer will work with any colour paint, but whatever you paint over the primer will be influenced by the shade of the primer unless it's an exceptionally strong colour or paint with really good coverage properties. For example, most colours going over white primer will be brighter. Painting white over black primer will need more coats to look truly white. Enamels and spraycans tend to provide better coverage and need less coats than say Tamiya acrylics out of an airbrush.

I avoid black primer for that reason and tend to use gray and white. I use gray for virtually everything except when I plan to paint something gray so I can see what I'm painting easily. Likewise, when painting white, I use gray primer and just do extra coats because it allows me to see where the paint is going. With white-on-white and old eyes like mine it can be hard to tell if you actually painted the whole thing. If you can easily differentiate the primer and paint this is less of an issue obviously.

Black primer does have it's uses. I especially like using it before thin metallic paint coats. Maybe my head is mangled but it makes them look nicer. It's also great if you're planning to do, say, a Titans blue colour. Sometimes, I also just roll the dice and spray a colour I have over the black primer and end up liking the results if I know I'm looking for something dark. Otherwise, I tend to avoid it as it just makes everything require more coats.

Your planned steps are looking good to me. Wise to ask for help before risking demolishing a good model and wasting rattlecans (I know they add up fast). Good luck with your project
>>
Why is the MG Unicorn's head so tiny?
>>
>>13811132
I thank you, anon. You're input was very useful.
>>
>>13811151
Ol' Toki.
>>
>>13811259
Wartooth?
>>
>spend all day working on a kitbash
>get absolutely nowhere with it
I don't know you guys, maybe I should give up trying to kitbash.
>>
File: 20121127183939188.jpg (308KB, 868x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20121127183939188.jpg
308KB, 868x1600px
RG RX-79 FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>13808456
That was both badass and fucking hilarious.
>>
File: 20160128_195914 (1).jpg (994KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_195914 (1).jpg
994KB, 2560x1536px
which gundam should I make?
>>
>>13811446
Origin Zaku first. Use Kampfer as fodder for customs.
>>
how do i get beam saber parts off that are superglued to my balls?
>>
File: 20160128_201350.jpg (1MB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_201350.jpg
1MB, 1536x2560px
>>13811458
what you mean use fodder for customs?
>>
File: tszakusnapfit.jpg (479KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tszakusnapfit.jpg
479KB, 675x1200px
>>13811446
Zaku for sure. Reminds me that I still need the Ortega, but I enjoyed the Gaia/Mash HG.
>>13811501
I guess I'm not the only one working on a Zaku
>>
guys how do i get beam saber parts offa my balls??
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 550x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 550x443px
This was in a reaction image thread on /toy/. Anyone have other funny gunpla pics?
>>
>>13811605
thats a 1/100 right?
>>
>>13811667
That's the 1/144 Origin Zaku m8, HG had stepped up pretty highly in quality with this line.
>>
>>13811605
>k70 rgb
Nice, anon. Which switches?
>>
>>13811667
Yeah it's the MG
>>
File: 20160128_211247(0) (1).jpg (1MB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160128_211247(0) (1).jpg
1MB, 1536x2560px
>>13811684
um no cause i have the gaia/mash one and his fingers o not move freely like that.
>>13811687
awesome how much did it cost you? i havent tried a 1/100 yet, can you put it next to a 1/144 so i can see the difference?
>>
>>13811685
I got it when it first dropped so they're reds, but I like reds so it works.

>>13811754
I got it for $43 on prime. This was a while ago tho back when I was still filling my massive backlog.
>>
>>13811248
You're welcome famblarino.

>>13811274
>doesn't post a picture

At least show everyone your failures
>>
File: 1a3.jpg (368KB, 1600x957px) Image search: [Google]
1a3.jpg
368KB, 1600x957px
>>13811362
Right after the GM and Gouf never.
The Ground Type is cool but I'm more of an Ez8 guy myself though.
>>
File: halp.png (1MB, 796x904px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
1MB, 796x904px
So anybody here build a zee zulu?

Kinda need some help, the sheath for the knives isn't snapping together properly at the top, I suspect I'm screwing something since there seems to be some specific instructions in the manual but I don't speak moon rune.

Well either that or isn't molded properly.
>>
>>13812314
Scratch that, found out the issue.

I'm an idiot
>>
File: 541121.jpg (306KB, 1472x828px) Image search: [Google]
541121.jpg
306KB, 1472x828px
This was painful
>>
>>13812556
What'd you do wrong?
>>
>>13812766

wait... tell us what you did

dis gon be good
>>
File: 1446098940245.png (236KB, 586x476px) Image search: [Google]
1446098940245.png
236KB, 586x476px
Any suggestions for airbrushing in an apartment?

Or should I just give up?
>>
>>13812798
Build a spray booth if don't have one. And don't forget to wear mask
>>
>>13812832

>tfw you've probably lost more brain cells from huffing Mr. Color than any of my friends who do drugs on the weekend
>>
>>13812576
Putting the LED in your gay mobile suit? Try pulling funnels apart when you realize they're not all the same.
>>
File: mg-gundam-epyon-package-box-art.jpg (136KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
mg-gundam-epyon-package-box-art.jpg
136KB, 640x507px
So I'm not that into gunpla, but I'm considering buying one. Are there any kits for Gundam Epyon that are in 1/144 scale, or is the only one the 1/100 MG kit? Mainly asking because I want to add an Epyon to my collection that's in scale with the Robot Damashii figures, but I don't want to drop $80 to get their Epyon second-hand (As far as I know, the Epyon figure hasn't been issued for a few years now). Is there anything out there, or am I pretty much screwed?
>>
>>13812884
Well there's this one:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10144868
>>
>>13812884
The 1/144 is shitty and it might not be great to start out with a MG, especially if you don't plan on staying with the hobby. So I think you might be fucked, or have to pay out the ass
>>
File: Full Armour 7th.jpg (369KB, 1613x912px) Image search: [Google]
Full Armour 7th.jpg
369KB, 1613x912px
Post your build music for when you just need to get it done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4S98CQ3xE

Listening to some variable formation while building a full armor mobile suit is the best.
>>
>>13812923
What is that mecha in the thumbnail?
>>
>>13812937
In the youtube video? The ultimate invincible combining robot SRX!
>>
>>13812923
Usually just listen to the OP of the series depending on what I'm building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKdLdTamD8
>>
does anyone know where to get a HG gundam Astray Gold frame with hyper bazooka?
>>
>>13813001
P-Bandai
>>
File: 1410398509568.png (48KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1410398509568.png
48KB, 700x700px
>>13813025
>pre orders closed
qq
>>
Any EU (or even better Italian) modellers here? I'm on a work trip in Italy and was wondering where I can pick up a bottle of Future Floor Polish? How is it called here? It's not available in my country.
Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1406219461962.png (304KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1406219461962.png
304KB, 680x680px
>>13812967
>Listens to Gundam Seed OP while building toys.
>>
File: 20150307_015033.jpg (252KB, 1239x697px) Image search: [Google]
20150307_015033.jpg
252KB, 1239x697px
>>13812967
nice, SEED had some really good music

>>13812923
I usually just watch reruns of shows I like on netflix rather than listen to music, also nice kit choice, the FA 7th is a badass. I don't have any shots of my complete one unfortunately so here it is with a couple other kits I was working on at the time.
>>
>>13809333
What were you expecting of a 2.0?
>>
>>13813105
Yea I do like some if its openings despite how the show is. But those look mighty nice anon.
>>
>buy new gpu and upgrade to 970 or 750ti from my 450
or
>buy new plamo, specifically Banshee HG Destroy with head stand, stark jeagan ship assault version, and white dingo GM sniper
>>
>>13813110
thanks! yeah it's really too bad that some of the music wasn't used for a better series.
>>
>>13813119

>nvidia
>970
>meme card

do your research first.
>>
>>13812576
did you use a mobo battery to keep the LED assembly self contained inside the kit?
>>13813124
its not a bad card.
>>
>>13809711
Sword freedom
>>
File: wing+gundam+zero+honoo+sword+(1).jpg (122KB, 1600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
wing+gundam+zero+honoo+sword+(1).jpg
122KB, 1600x1081px
>>13813133
Buy Wing Gundam Honoo Custom Kit and make yourself something nice
>>
>>13812923
Super Best Friendcast
>>
File: 20160106_145253.jpg (496KB, 1836x2408px) Image search: [Google]
20160106_145253.jpg
496KB, 1836x2408px
>>13810103
thin brushon cement (note. not super glue, plastic cement) is what you use for seam welding.
gundam markers are a good beginner start but look up some videos on how to use them properly. same thing for weathering. both are topics too long to answer in a post.
lastly use mr color for your topcoat. trust me.
>>
File: 20160117_104121.png (1MB, 854x800px) Image search: [Google]
20160117_104121.png
1MB, 854x800px
>>13811605
>>13811501
>>13811446
brothers...
>>
File: CZ4_ez2UcAUKsw7.jpg (95KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZ4_ez2UcAUKsw7.jpg
95KB, 600x800px
>>
File: IMG_0803.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0803.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
This week's kit purchases
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-27+at+09.55.34).png (76KB, 465x909px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-27+at+09.55.34).png
76KB, 465x909px
>>13813226
You degenerate, I would n-never buy any of those cute girls!
>>
>>13813211
I thought you were supposed to use the "ordinary" plastic cement first and fill in the cracks with thin cement?
>>
>>13813247
dont take what i say as gospel, but if you're experienced, plastic cement is the way to go. it melts and welds the plastic into one piece where superglue bonds the two parts together. in either case LESS IS MORE. the less you use, the more forgiving it is when you're fitting parts together. once the parts are lined up, paint a thin layer over the seam, let it dry then repeat 2 more times. let it cure then sand it down till its flush with the plastic. hope that rambling helps.
>>
>>13812967
Invoke is even better
>>
File: 1453866639553.jpg (244KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1453866639553.jpg
244KB, 1080x1920px
>>13813226
>Like an idiot I only preordered 1 and now its sold out everywhere unless you want to pay double.
>Preorders for the Architect sold out so fast I missed it.
>>
HG Delta Plus or HG Zeta Plus?
>>
>>13808567
what are you fucking 10 years old? who watches those shit kids shows more than once
>>
>>13813275
He didn't say a damn word about superglue. You'd have to be an idiot to use superglue in the first place unless it's a last-resort stopgap measure or you're working with resin/photoetch.
>>
>>13813284
Lewd
>>
>>13813389
Not him, but superglue + baking soda is actually a viable way to fill seams and was a popular method before ultra thin plastic cements took over.
>>
I've just realized the HG Revive Guncannon lacks the shoulder missile launchers the original HG had
A slight disappoint
>>
>>13813346
Which one do you like better? They're both pretty good kits, and they're very similar (transforming gimmick, militaristic colours, few accessories). The Delta Plus has issues with it's balance a bit, but nothing a stand can't fix and I think it looks delicious.

Out of the box they both look pretty good.
>>
>>13813402
Baking soda? Never heard about that, I do know about superglue + talcum though.
I was talking about using superglue for attaching parts actually.
Besides, what about, you know, putty for filling seams?
>>
>>13813428
The original topic was fixing seams and you can use talc or baking soda. And the advantage of the superglue method over the putty method (without cementing the parts together first) is that the superglue holds the part together better than just putty and is less prone to cracking.

Best method I've found is to just use plastic cement first and then use putty to fix and remaining seam though.
>>
>>13812923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4WlNj1TTqA
>>
>>13813349
The original is fun to watch while building stuff. Fucking Zeta is considered to be for children by normie standards, grow up.
>>
>Check contents of new Tsugumori kit
>No base, unlike the first one's kit
What the hell.
>>
>>13813128
Watch batteries, I think. LED process was a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>13813105
I've been meaning to get the HGUC Full Armor 7th Gundam, but I've already got too much in the backlog. How is it? I really enjoy the color separation on it.
>>
>>13813655
Really good bang for the buck.
>>
>>13813646
me and a fried are working on rigging Optical wire through the barrels of the HGBC gatling gun and making it entirely self contained useing small small batteries. also we are working on adding lights to the kshatriya, for the head, beam saber, and boosters. im also working on a side project for lighting my HG unicorn stand base so that the 1/45 head lights up in destroy mode. if that works well ill buy the banshee head base +banshee. hope i dont kill myself between this and classes!
>>
>>13807836
that zaku 2 from buildfighters looks so awkward with those fucking shitty butcher knife heat swords
>>
What are the kits that don't need parts forming? Like the Brave/Overflag/Airmaster/Gaplant, etc
>>
>>13813828
Just check Dalong, full instructions and pictures.
>>
DAE BUY MEMEGIRLS
>>
>>13813059

Hey buddy, check out this page for tons of info on future including what it's called in various countries.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Italy isn't on there but you should figure out who distributes or sells SC Johnson products and contact them, I'm sure they have the info you are looking for.
>>
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ranking/1/109
Why the heck are old Wing kits leading the sales ranking?
>>
File: Fa-78-3-back.jpg (177KB, 387x700px) Image search: [Google]
Fa-78-3-back.jpg
177KB, 387x700px
>>13813655
I really like mine. All I had to do was hand paint the thrusters, a little yellow on either side of each leg and then some grey on the feet armor cover things where there is a sticker in my pic and then some more grey on the tail end that comes off the back waist area After that I felt it was ready for topcoat and it came out really nice. You can only see the yellow on the legs in my pic I posted since that's all I had done so far at that point in the build. For being a bulky MS it can still strike some cool poses and the big shoulder beam cannon is fucking sweet. If you like it's design, definitely go pick one up!

pic realated is the back part that needs some grey.
>>
>>13814006
Maybe they got reprinted for the first time in a while?
>>
>>13814006
Because they're the only 1/144 Wing kits and they come back into production about once a year and in that time the nostalgia rebuilds itself?
>>
>>13814006
Yeah I second recalling a reprint.
>>
Vallejo Model Color or Tamiya's XF series paint?
What's better to hand paint details?
>>
>>13814095
For handbrushing? Vallejo model color by a long shot.

For airbrushing? Tamiya by a long shot.

They are two very different acrylics.
>>
>>13814099
Thanks. Was planning to try out detail painting for the first time with the HG Rebaked.
I'll also need to topcoat it after the painting, right?
>>
File: DSC_0123.jpg (712KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0123.jpg
712KB, 1920x1080px
>>13814095
Tamiya Enamels are great for hand painting, Tamiya Acrylics are not.

XF and X are just indicators of whether the paint has a flat finish or not.
>>
I just got my hands on a perfect grade evangelion.

Should I panel line and then use some kind of top coat after? Glossy or matte etc? No idea how to approach it.
>>
File: 1454053773793.jpg (277KB, 707x651px) Image search: [Google]
1454053773793.jpg
277KB, 707x651px
>>13813226
Be careful with her feet according to 2chan.
>>
>>13814154

read the guide you cuck
>>
>>13814190
What's that?
>>
File: MS05V_6.jpg (91KB, 556x480px) Image search: [Google]
MS05V_6.jpg
91KB, 556x480px
qt tank
>>
>>13814154
>perfect grade evangelion.
Literally the worst Perfect Grade and also the worst Evangelion kit at the same time.

The rubber parts will cause you trauma that'll be felt generations down the line.
>>
>>13814368
That is a qt tank. Nice subtle weathering too.
>>
>>13814106
Personally I haven't had a problem hand painting with Tamiya acrylics. Though I do understand that they're better for airbrushing.
>>
>>13814368
How does it fight? Does it fight?
>>
File: 1417206241848.jpg (260KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
1417206241848.jpg
260KB, 1200x783px
>>13813694
>>13814063
Thanks for the reviews /m/en. Doing a bit of detail painting isn't a problem for me, so I'll definitely keep this one on my wishlist.

Too bad the RX-81 G-Line doesn't have a kit.
>>
File: 20160129142340982.jpg (982KB, 1619x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160129142340982.jpg
982KB, 1619x1050px
Hey guys, I finally got my first Graze!
>>
>>13812923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-X-jY6ZXeE&index=12&list=FLnQUfO1Bt0ESE1ZqbWQYlag
I dont usually listen to music when building, but i did listen to this when building 1/100 unicorn and 1/100 shinanju.
it was a nightmare seeing as i built them at the same time
>>
>>13814473
didnt even need to click the spoiler to get it
>>
>>13814473
FUGGGG
im waiting on my tax refund before i get the KG-6
>>
>>13814475
neat, i usually listen to retrowave futurefunk etc stuff i have favorited on soundcloud. i feel like i spend alot of time on there because of gunpla bgm
>>
File: 1285798811436.jpg (23KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1285798811436.jpg
23KB, 525x481px
>>13814481
>futurefunk

My nigga.
>>
File: ib102_m0012.jpg (284KB, 1068x1511px) Image search: [Google]
ib102_m0012.jpg
284KB, 1068x1511px
What stand connection is shown here?
The BA3-C 10 from the action base 1 doesn't look like that, is it from the character plate stands?
>>
File: j04a.png (604KB, 440x543px) Image search: [Google]
j04a.png
604KB, 440x543px
>>13809848
What's the scale?
>>
>>13814099
>>13814106
Now a question for you two as you seem to knowledgeable on it, how should one prime pieces to be hand painted? I'm new to painting my kits and I'm curious if I'm doing the right thing by priming with Mr. Base 1000, then going over with the Tamiya pots (which is going to change now that I know they're not as good for hand painting).

Any other suggestions are appreciated because I want my kits to look good and I can't airbrush due to the weather (I have a work bench but it's in a poorly insulated garage, temperatures lately have been an average of about 35f, even shitty for priming).
>>
>>13814550
Would an electric heater work in the garage or would it just bleed away?
>>
File: IMG_2769.jpg (143KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2769.jpg
143KB, 840x560px
>>13810148
FUCK YEAR
>>
>>13814559
You know, I just thought of something.

How is Akihiro going to handle output for four arms? Did they make the Gusion a two-seater so his little fucboi can help him out?
>>
>>13814555
I've tried, bleeds out quickly and can only get it to about 43. I'm actually considering an investment in large heating panels to mount on the ceiling, it's a real bitch.
>>
>>13814561
You don't need 4 arms to control 4 ms arms. They aren't direct mind controlled. The link is more to assist and let them fine tune their movements as well as data feed. We saw him suffering a bit when they plugged him in last episode though, so he possibly won't be able to use it long.
>>
>>13814550
As long as you aren't handbrushing that mr. Base on you're fine. The jar kind is meant to be thinned and airbrushed.
>>
>>13814562
Might as well do what you can to use your best equipment, if it's not too expensive.
>>
>>13814573
Yeah, I've just been using the rattle can variety, I bought it before the airbrush, so I'm trying to use that up before moving on to potted primers.
>>
File: IMG_2772.jpg (173KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2772.jpg
173KB, 560x840px
>>13814559
>>
File: GunzeSF287Primer_wm.jpg (63KB, 508x600px) Image search: [Google]
GunzeSF287Primer_wm.jpg
63KB, 508x600px
>>13814583
Once you start airbrushing primer I'd like to suggest this stuff. Covers well, levels very well, sandable, durable, and dries to a very nice light grey.

Just make sure to have a respirator and proper ventilation when spraying as it uses mr.color thinner. And it requires more thinner than you will probably initially think.
>>
File: overwhelmed with desire.jpg (32KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
overwhelmed with desire.jpg
32KB, 640x352px
>>13814586
Take me, mr. Rebake!
>>
>Everyone hating on rebake after its initial reveal.
>Suddenly reveal it has subarms and a halberd.
>Now everyone loves it.
>>
>>13814624
Multi-armed mechs are the best.
>>
>>13814624

it only looks good with a second set of binders on like in that photo set

I'm not buying basically 4 kits to make it look ok

plus frog is the best version
>>
File: HGUC_MS06F_V2_8.jpg (62KB, 357x480px) Image search: [Google]
HGUC_MS06F_V2_8.jpg
62KB, 357x480px
>>
File: vlcsnap-6696-03-05-16h02m21s479.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-6696-03-05-16h02m21s479.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13814567
The link is definitely about data feed more than anything else, but that's not what I meant. The suit would have physical controls, so, how does he manipulate four arms with a pair of inputs? Are the rear arms automated? Can they do targeting through the AV system? As in, can a AV user will the arms to fire and generally target moving objects? Melee would require too much finesse, but maybe aim and shoot is possible.

A second operator for the rear arms and to take over suit control during the sniper mode (basically a Lockon & Haro team) seems like another possibility. It'd also give that kid something to do.
>>
>>13814640
>I'm not buying basically 4 kits to make it look ok
You mean 2? Or are you referencing the 1/100 where it comes with parts for both?

Hell, get two and you can do the frog and the super-rebake with four binders at the same time.
>>
>>13814664
It gets the handwave all 2+ armed/subarmed ms get.

Don't think too deeply about it.
>>
>>13814624
I like everything about the Rebake. Especially the fact that Gusion is no longer a fucking Frog.
>>
>>13814686
Man Rodi is frog

Gusion is snapping turtle.
>>
>>13814473
Jokes aside, the Sleipnir and Aerion are excellent designs.
>>
File: T1iEUYFBBcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg (61KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
T1iEUYFBBcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
61KB, 480x640px
>>13814437
>Too bad the RX-81 G-Line doesn't have a kit.
Oh, but they do have kits. The only problem is that they're not styrene:
http://www.e2046.com/advanced.php?search_keyword=G-Line&cat=0

>>13814481
>i usually listen to retrowave futurefunk
When that's not slowed down Enigma and Sade, it's Daft Punk during their Discovery era.

What I'm saying is that you should be listening to the original product, rather than hipster non-arrangements
>>
File: WP_20160129_001.jpg (3MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160129_001.jpg
3MB, 3552x2000px
>>13807836

Looking at buying one of two shelving units.

First one's dimensions and price; 1/4
>>
File: WP_20160129_002.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160129_002.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>13814782

What it looks like; 2/4
>>
>shelving general
>>
>>13814480
I pre-ordered it when it was getting re-stocked, and it's my first Kotobukiya kit so I hope it's interesting.
>>13814692
Yeah, I'm a fan of the design so I figured I'd try out the model kit over the figure
>>
File: WP_20160129_003.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160129_003.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>13814784

Second one's price and dimensions; 3/4
>>
>>13814790

What the second one looks like; 4/4

Looking to use the one I buy as storage for the bins of kits I eventually will accrue and as a pseudo display for the built kits.
>>
File: WP_20160129_004.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160129_004.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>13814804

Fuck I forgot my picture
>>
>>13814775
>When that's not slowed down Enigma and Sade, it's Daft Punk during their Discovery era.
>What I'm saying is that you should be listening to the original product, rather than hipster non-arrangements

What an enormous faggot you are.
>>
>>13814775
>you should be listening to the original product
>posts link to chinese recast
;^)
>>
File: 1382710137526.jpg (299KB, 729x760px) Image search: [Google]
1382710137526.jpg
299KB, 729x760px
>>13814782
>>13814784
>>13814790
>>13814807

>pictures of shelves
>with holes in them
>doesn't even have the bins to store

what the fuck are you doing posting this
>>
>>13814822
Why do you disagree with all that's right in the world?
Ultimate contrarian fuck.

>>13814807
Lmao, do you also work at home depot?
>>
File: 1453583941879.png (368KB, 1008x955px) Image search: [Google]
1453583941879.png
368KB, 1008x955px
>>13814881
>>
>>13814881
shut the fuck up and refer to >>13814886
>>
>>13814925
>>13814886
>he's been shitposting for over 6 months
>ignore him, he'll go away!
Because that's worked so far, right?
>>
>>13814979

who cares tho
>>
>>13814881
It's like you're literally wearing a fedora while you're typing.
>>
File: 20160129_192912.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_192912.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Alright nig nogs what should I build next?
>>
>>13815040
that thick Virtue
>>
File: 1369583829854.jpg (116KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
1369583829854.jpg
116KB, 520x638px
>>13815040
>>13815055

>all that CHUNK
>>
>>13814643
Wow the hguc zaku always looked like a toy to me but that is amazing
>>
>>13815081
My thoughts exactly.... mmm...
>>
>>13814375
Which one is the best one?
>>
My younger brother finally put together the RG Justice Gundam that I got him years ago.

I didn't know the backpack came with a stand just to support its own weight.
>>
my brother was building the RG wing ew, he lost one of the ankle guards now he angry and sad , there any way to replace the piece?
>>
File: Graze Sniper.jpg (110KB, 721x601px) Image search: [Google]
Graze Sniper.jpg
110KB, 721x601px
>>13811811
It's not really a failure, it's just the exact same as what you see here, with the only real change being that I gave it the Schwalbe Graze's butt for extra boost and I took the shield off.

I think I'm going to turn this into an EWAC Graze instead of it being both EWAC and Sniper.
>>
>>13814559
Think the Rebake would look good with big beefy Titus arms?
>>
>>13815367
we can finally make Asura Gundamu
>>
>>13815403
I feel like a Rebake with for Titus arms would look really cool.

Someone get on that shit because I'm too poor at the moment.
>>
>>13815403
You already could using one of the Campaign parts.
>>
Do the Guison or Kimaris have any balance issues? the only other IBO kits I have are the Barbie Tours and the Hyakuren, and both have some balance issues.
>>
File: IMG_8966.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8966.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How did I do for my first kits? I'm going to order a couple of MG's now, also gotta get some paint for details.
>>
>>13815468
best Zaku and GM
nice
>>
>>13815356
Well I like the idea of it. How well did the other parts fit onto the Graze? Been thinking of starting my own custom build.
>>
>>13815535
I had to glue some pegs to the backpack to get the radome to attach, but it fits on just fine and doesn't get in the way of anything.
>>
>>13815462
I have the guison, it has absolutely no issue standing up on its own, it's fucking great.
>>
>>13815509
shit taste
nice
>>
New Thread >>13815780
>>
I know we just had a paint discussion, but how is Gunze's Aqueous Hobby Color line? Suitable for handbrushing?
>>
>>13815901
Not really, they are meant for airbrushing like Tamiya acrylics
>>
File: 1423524758565.jpg (161KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1423524758565.jpg
161KB, 500x281px
>>13815040
>virtue
>>
Anyone know if this will work as an alternative to mr super clear? I can't get my hands on mr super clear so it is either this or no matt spray at all
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.