[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, Nagano's birthday was a week ago. Leave it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: nagano-tomino.jpg (274KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
nagano-tomino.jpg
274KB, 600x480px
Holy shit, Nagano's birthday was a week ago. Leave it to /m/ to forget about him and flock all over Obari instead.

Still, it's kind of sad when you realize that the majority of prominent mecha designers are already near their 60's and older and the newer generation doesn't have as many great designers.
>>
Obari is cooler than Nagano.
>>
>>13807397
Neither him nor Obari are particularly good, though at least Nagano doesn't have the obnoxious "one of us" thing associated with him like Obari does.
>>13807503
Not really, no.
>>
>>13807537
This is wrong.
>>
>>13807540
What part?
>>
>>13807558
All of it.
>>
>>13807602
I'd be willing to admit that Nagano is good, since he admittedly is, but Obari is overrated at the best of times, mainly because of the "one of us" angle, and is also not cool in the slightest.
>>
>>13807615
This is wrong.
>>
>>13807618
Nice counterarguments. Not surprising coming from an Obarifag, but still.
>>
Nagano hasn't designed anything good recently, all of his new stuff looks like ornately dressed toothpicks
>>
>>13807503
Obari is boring as a person other than the fact that he -seems- to like the same things as the vocal SRWfags on /m/, and even then a lot of that is just being projected on him by the people here (i.e. "muh Obari pose"). Nagano is fucking nuts, in the best way possible.

>>13807615
The problem with Obarifags is that they keep trying to crown him as the king of mecha designers when in truth he doesn't even consider himself a mecha designer, but an animator. I actually feel really bad for him, having to address such fanbase nonsense whenever he pops up at some western anime convention.
>>
>>13807623
True, thanks.

>>13807625
This is right.
>>
>>13807664
This is strawman argument.
>>
File: nagano-ikuni-cosplay.jpg (37KB, 318x706px) Image search: [Google]
nagano-ikuni-cosplay.jpg
37KB, 318x706px
>>13807625
>recently
>the Gothicmades debuted 4 whole years ago

Time sure flies. I wonder what Nagano is doing right now.
>>
>>13807669
Are you a bot or something? All you seem to post is simple two word sentences or
>This is ___
>>
File: geass.png (305KB, 650x250px) Image search: [Google]
geass.png
305KB, 650x250px
>>13807397
>Still, it's kind of sad when you realize that the majority of prominent mecha designers are already near their 60's and older and the newer generation doesn't have as many great designers.

The 80's were a time when toy companies were funding dozens of mecha anime every season, so of course they needed more mecha designers to fill the quota. Modern mecha anime don't even feature mecha as their primary attraction anymore, so of course there's less mecha designers out there since there are less mecha shows in general compared to the 80's.
>>
File: 1453480073647.jpg (162KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
1453480073647.jpg
162KB, 959x721px
>>13807683
>>
>>13807709
>deleting your own avatarfagging picture just so you can repost it in the same thread

You're not making the Obarifags look any better.
>>
>>13807716
All right man, but Obari is great.
>>
File: top-directors.jpg (94KB, 504x784px) Image search: [Google]
top-directors.jpg
94KB, 504x784px
>>13807625
>Nagano hasn't designed anything good recently

So just like everyone else in the anime industry who's over 50 by now.
>>
File: MM Ague.jpg (1MB, 2818x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MM Ague.jpg
1MB, 2818x3000px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.