[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All I wanted was a fucking kids-aimed Gundam show I just wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: gundam_age.jpg (90KB, 720x454px) Image search: [Google]
gundam_age.jpg
90KB, 720x454px
All I wanted was a fucking kids-aimed Gundam show

I just wanted a story that I knew wasn't going to be as mature (pfft) as a regular Gundam series and probably take the idyllic route in terms of portraying war, and also probably push the merchandise to a tokusatsu-level extent but that was fine. That would have been fine. Because it would have been a simple story focused on having robot fights.

I mean it was aimed at little kids, you can't expect too much. Even shows aimed at kids can be better than the ones aimed at manchildren. I actually believed this could fill that hole of "kids aimed mecha series" that Braves left. I didn't expect much, I just expected something fun

And instead I got this piece of fucking shit
>>
Have you tried SEED? The 11s consider that to be a pretty childish entry.
>>
>>13805989

Build Fighters fills that role.
>>
>>13806024

I mean I got that in Build Fighters but that's really more of a spinoff thing about tournaments. I was kind of hoping for something like Dendoh or Braves but with Gundams and brave defenders of Earth fighting against aliens and shit.
>>
>>13806013
Yeah, that's why it's the most popular one of all time
>>
File: chibi asem2.jpg (27KB, 279x401px) Image search: [Google]
chibi asem2.jpg
27KB, 279x401px
>>13805989
Dunno OP, I had plenty of fun with AGE.
>>
>>13806276
That's 0079 silly.
>>
>>13805989
>All I wanted was a fucking kids-aimed Gundam show
You should have seen how much people fucking flipped out when they thought AGE was going to be a kid's show.

People went crazy and bitched the entire way through. CELLPHONE GUNDAMS, LOOK AT THIS DUMB WRESTLER GUNDAM, NOT MY GUNDAM etc etc. People even bitched about the beam rifle sounds not sounding the same, to the point that the studio had to change it.

Now that being said, AGE is still a very heavily flawed series, and I'd love nothing more than for that fuckboi Kio to be erased from existence.

I mean, I'd call the series decent or at least passable...UP until the Kio arc. That's where the shitty direction and writing combine together to make a series that really falls apart and fails to live up to it's potential.

It would have been better with a better direction.
>>
>>13806276

> In turn, traditionally enthusiastic Gundam fans scowl at SEED's popularity as well as the direction of things. "Turning a hard-line approach Gundam into a softer kiddie toy thing," they think. - Yomiura On-Line Dec 2003.
>>
>>13806561
>You should have seen how much people fucking flipped out when they thought AGE was going to be a kid's show.
Yeah I know.

Honestly I wasn't a fan of it either but I figured "Hey if it's not going to be aimed at adults, at least I may get something crazy and fun like Danball Senki" but no

>I mean, I'd call the series decent or at least passable...UP until the Kio arc.
Gen 1 sucked. It is literally 0079 but worse
>>
>>13805989
>What is G Gundam?
>>
>>13806612
G Gunfam wasn't really about war or really any of the normal stuff Gundam had in it though
>>
>>13806561

> It would have been better with a better direction.

The shitty writing is a bigger problem in my opinion. The final boss is just some dude introduced in the last episode and (or possibly the second to last one, can't recall) with no lines and no purpose beyond being someone for Kio to hit. Which he doesn't really manage to do because his boss fight is just him chasing after him like a love sick puppy. And that's the one dude that he actually manages to save for some fucking reason: not Dean or Fran or any of the other vaguely symapthetic Vagans. Shit's fucking retarded.
>>
>>13806651
You left out the icing on the 'Are You Fucking Kidding Me?' cake - said fight culminating in a V-Max knock-off where Kio flies through is opponent but is somehow able to pluck the pilot out in the process.
>>
>>13805989
AGE was decent, though. It only really fell apart during the Three Generations arc.

>>13806276
Calm down, anon. I like SEED too, but it's only the 3rd most popular.
>>
>>13807407
>It only really fell apart during the Three Generations arc.
It fell apart in the middle of Gen 1, ended on a sort of okay note, started getting slightly better in Gen 2 and then went to complete shit in Gen 3, all the meanwhile having completely ridiculous plot points all throughout

>>13806668
Actually the real icing on the 'Are You Fucking Kidding Me" cake is how it turned out they could have moved the Vegan colony away from Mars literally the entire time
>>
File: 1394690573484.jpg (356KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1394690573484.jpg
356KB, 1280x848px
>>13806561
I got the picture right here.
>>
>>13807418
>it turned out they could have moved the Vegan colony away from Mars literally the entire time
What the hell were the writers smoking?
>>
>>13807418
MARS RAYS and LEMONDRILL were fucking retarded.
>>
>>13807407

Age was shit. At best it was not very good but looks like maybe it will get it's act together later on, only for later on to never come, and then get even worse.

So no. Not good.
>>
>>13805989
AGE was much better when it was assumed it'd be Yugi-Digi-Phone summoned Gundams.
>>
>>13806561
>You should have seen how much people fucking flipped out when they thought AGE was going to be a kid's show.

Isn't almost every Gundam a kid's show?
>>
>>13806668
>>13807418

I'd say the icing on the shitcake is Ezelcant getting to die in bed with a smile on his face like some kind of benevolent figure instead of the crazy cunt he was.
>>
>>13806013
>we are not 11s, we are Japanese Britannian scum
>>
>>13807527
Is that using America's date system?
>>
>>13808870
>implying there is any other dating system

I am Greek by the way, and we use the "american" dating system in all of our schools
>>
>>13808876
There are others, silly.
>>
File: cuttlefish-3.jpg (42KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
cuttlefish-3.jpg
42KB, 700x467px
>>13808885
>>
>>13805989

>All I wanted was a fucking kids-aimed Gundam show

You mean all other Gundam shows? AFAIK no Gundam has ever been cataloged as a seinen.
>>
>all I wanted was to fuck kids

Is what I read...
>>
>>13809582
We know where your mind is
>>
>>13808918
Here's your reply. No go back to /tv/
>>
>>13806606
I don't recall all that many similarities between Gen 1 and 0079.

It also had Grodek and Flit's story, basically the only interesting character arc in the show. Grodek throwing away everything for revenge and in the process accidentally teaching Flit to do the same is really fucking cool. It's just a shame that was the only good idea they had.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.