[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know we all love Bright but isn't he pretty much guilty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: gundam-zz-07-bright-noa-chicken.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-zz-07-bright-noa-chicken.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
I know we all love Bright but isn't he pretty much guilty of a war crime at the end of Zeta? Even though the Titans were a corrupt, oppressive military regime using a colony laser to destroy their entire fleet is tantamount to Gato's use of the atomic bazooka, or Zeon's original use of a colony laser.

I mean, Emma Sheen couldn't have been the /only/ titan who wasn't a jackbooted, violent thug.
>>
>>13805025
wait....
does this mean that neither side really has the absolute moral high ground in Gundam?
>>
>>13805112
Yes, that's why nothing is over.
Nobody has the highground.
>>
>>13805120
Except this guy of course.
>>
>>13805152
I'd hit like if i could.
>>
>>13805025

Using a colony laser on a legitimate military target during a battle (or a nuke for that matter) isn't a war crime anon. War crimes are fairly specific and are more about causing unnecessary suffering, targeting civilians, using minors as soldiers and so on. So if he's guilty of any war crime, it's using Amuro, Kamille and Judau as soldiers - the extenuating circumstances would probably clear him of those charges though.
>>
>>13805025
Thing is, the atomic bazooka was seen as war crime due to the treaty ban on nukes

I've never really heard anyone call the Zeon colony laser a war crime. Heard it used as a representation of Zeonic hypocrisy (Gihren displacing a whole bunch of the 'chosen people' so he can use their home to build his government sanctioned supergun) and just an incredibly dick move ("Well, Father wants to broker a surrender. Gotta kill him now.") but no one's ever said the use of the laser itself was a war crime.

I don't rightly recall if there ever was any sort of official rule on the books against colony lasers.
If such a thing were true, I imagine there would have been a lot more balking over the fact the Titans made one in the first place than there was.

In fact, I think the only time any colony laser happened that could technically be constituted a war crime was the Titans test firing hitting a civilian colony. Otherwise, it's on non-surrendering combatants. It's a dick move, but still technically legal.
>>
Threadly reminder that Bright Noa is a treasonous anti-Federationist Zeek sympathizer and directly endangered Federation interests by releasing Banhammer and the Unicorn
>>
>>13805025
Military target.

It would be different if he went USA and "accidentally" blew up a Red Cross hospital.
>>
No worse than the Solar Ray at Solomon.
>>
>>13805221

> Thing is, the atomic bazooka was seen as war crime due to the treaty ban on nukes

There was no treaty ban on nukes at the time. The Antarctic Treaty was a treaty that existed to stop the use of specific weapons during that specific conflict for a very specific reason, because the war was escalating alarmingly quickly and had already killed so many people through the use of those weapons. The treaty banned them so as to prevent their use in that one war and ensure there'd be some people left to "win" it. When the war was over the two sides signed a new treaty at Granada that granted autonomy to Side 3 among other unspecified provisions. The new treaty superseded the old one and there's never any mention of bans on nuclear weapons being part of it.
>>
>>13805025
>I know we all love Bright
Nah, actually, I like captains who aren't shit.
>>
>>13805152
If you strike me down, I will have more high ground than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>13805547
Then how come char complains about bright using nukes in CCA (cardcaptor amuro)
>>
File: 1311152305254.png (375KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1311152305254.png
375KB, 494x494px
>killing your enemies in a war is a war crime
Next you'll try to tell me Jamil committed war crimes with his satellite cannons
>>
>>13805175
This is true. Proportionality isn't about not being able to wipe a legitimate enemy off the face of the earth, it's about what goes with them. Civilians, non-military infrastructure, natural resources, cultural artifacts; blowing that shit up will get you in trouble.

Of course, the ultimate determinant of whether or not you get in trouble is whether or not you win.
>>
According to the federation the act signed to ban nukes was with the principality of zeon which dis banded after the war.
>>
>>13807411
If Char is consistantly anything, he is a petty vindictive asshole.
>>
>>13807474

The Freeden is a ship carrying two class-A war criminals; Jamil and Garrod. Their firings of the Satellite Cannons is a major war crime, with each firing being on par with Bright "Hitler the Third" Noa ordering the Gryps 2 laser to fire on the Titans fleet.
>>
>>13808640
Is the sekiha tenkyoken a war crime?
>>
>>13808672
multiple simultaneous war crimes
>>
>>13805221
The Antarctic Treaty was between Earth Federation and Duchy of Zeon. by the early of 0080 Duchy of Zeon are no more (Became Republic of Zeon) and folded into the Federation. The Treaty thus invalid due to the other party ceased to exist.
>>
>>13805025
Using WMD is no warcrime. Using WMD to civilian population could be, even using small arms could be warcrime if directed to civilian population.

If using WMD is a warcrimes, Gundam shopuld be banned.
>>
It would help if we knew if the Granada Accords also banned the use of nuclear weapons.
>>
Bright is not a war crimnial, he was accept in the 67 annal burger cook and ear crimes cannot apply or are ban
>>
>>13807411
Because it was a good idea and could have fucked him up. Well that would be the case if he had really complained and you weren't a lying piece of shit, he actually congratulated Bright on being clever for hiding nukes among weaker conventional warheads. He was the one committing war crimes that day trying to drop an asteroid on the Earth for really no good reason.
>>
File: MS-06C Nuclear Bazooka.png (30KB, 526x435px) Image search: [Google]
MS-06C Nuclear Bazooka.png
30KB, 526x435px
>>13809169
No one ever sites the Granada Accords in 0083, so we can safely assume it doesn't. Since the only reason the characters site the Antarctic Treaty, which is no longer in effect, is to act like there's something wrong with the feds testing tactical nukes. And there isn't, that's just R&D on improving a weapon that Zeon had already deployed in the OYW.

Skinhead Octopus just refused to accept that war was over.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.