[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys feel about Robotic;Notes? Personally I wish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: duhuhu.jpg (49KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
duhuhu.jpg
49KB, 500x281px
How did you guys feel about Robotic;Notes? Personally I wish they would continue translating the alternate story because Frau best girl

The designs were sort of aesthetic
Also how long until a game that graces us like Kill-Ballad
>>
It wasn't all that great but I loved it.

I wish I could play the original visual novel.
>>
>>13801765
It had a lot of good concepts but it didn't really execute any of them well. I don't think it was terrible but I don't see it as good either. All in all it's a fairly mediocre show.
>>
File: robotics_notes_18_8.jpg (72KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
robotics_notes_18_8.jpg
72KB, 640x360px
/m/ hated it as usual

The story is kinda meh, poor execution, but had its charms. Aki herself is a miracle of the universe and should be hailed as one of /m/' greatest mecha-loving girls along the likes of Noa and Noriko.
>>
>>13801842

Basically this.

Maybe the VN handles everything better and this was just a poor adaptation, but the actual story is handled very poorly. They cannot find a middle ground between the silly slice of life antics that you started watching the show for and the serious secret plot that defines the climax, so for the middle section of the show they just sort of flip-flop between them. Which is jarring, because those are two wildly different tones.

This leads to stuff like ending an episode with a very important plot bomb that should have worldwide implications, and its half an episode later until anyone even mentions if because the kids are off having funtimes.

Other things get introduced under very mysterious circumstances, get used to move the plot forward, and the question of where that thing actually came from has a huge lantern hung on it... and then never actually gets addressed.

The characters are great and it has some hype moments and parts of it are good. But the connective tissue is very weak and it doesn't really blend together at all well. It lacks cohesion.

I enjoyed it, but I can not with a straight face say it is a good show.
>>
>>13801842
>massively hyped next entry in a series that the previous anime averaged 17k sales
>anime green lit before releasing the game
>Production IG
>figures announced before airing
>1200 BD sales average
Yeah it's just /m/ being negative.

R;N is actually maybe the most impressive flop of the last few years.
>>
It's okay. I liked some of the ideas, but the execution could've been a lot better.

>you will never have a robot that runs off of magic sky potatoes
>>
File: Robotics;Notes.full.1330454.jpg (2MB, 2364x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Robotics;Notes.full.1330454.jpg
2MB, 2364x1846px
>>13801765
I fucking love it, it's one of my favorite shows. It has some of my favorite characters, too.

Kind of disappointing the reception it gets here considering what it is. It's a show that's oozing with love for robots.

I wish the VN would get translated.
>>
>>13804705

The enthusiasm for robots that it has I approve of 100%. Its the only thing that saves the show for me. Aki's speech about how the bad guys are going to fail because of the same reason as hundreds of bad guys before them: because a robot of justice will save the world, gets me hype every time.

The actual plot is really, really poorly told, however. It might have even been a good plot originally, it just feels mashed together and badly edited as it is.
>>
>>13805021
>Aki's speech about how the bad guys are going to fail because of the same reason as hundreds of bad guys before them: because a robot of justice will save the world, gets me hype every time.
That sounds lame, boring, and unimaginative as fuck. Glad I didn't waste my time with this garbage.
>>
File: Robotics-Notes-Episode-9-28.png (77KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Robotics-Notes-Episode-9-28.png
77KB, 600x336px
>>13805036
Of course it sounds lame and corny, that's the point, she is a fan of super robo series. But she says it with such a passion it sells you it.

Also the 2nd ending song is a masterpiece.
>>
>>13805036

> That sounds lame, boring, and unimaginative as fuck.

Name one /m/ series that doesn't sound like trash with its climax described out of context.

Gundam becomes "The protagonist gets into a fight with an incomplete enemy mobile suit, loses, and then gets out to poorly sword fight with a guy he hates"
>>
>>13805090
>Of course it sounds lame and corny, that's the point, she is a fan of super robo series
That makes no fucking sense.
>>13805111
Irrelevant to it being boring and lame as fuck
>>
>>13805149
> That makes no fucking sense.

It would have if you bothered to watch the show. Its not even complicated. But feel free to continue shitposting about something you freely admit you know nothing. I'll be sure to take your opinion under very special consideration.
>>
>>13805218
I mean the
>it's supposed to sound lame and corny because she is SRfag
part of it. That makes no sense.
>>
>>13805232
It does to me. GR is chessy and corny, but that's what makes it awesome (alongside other things)

Just watch the show anon, decide for yourself, and stop complaining for something you have not seen.
>>
>>13805408
Basically this.
>>
>>13805408
>GR
Do you mean Giant Robo, or something else? Your answer decides how much of a fucking moron you are, by the way.
>>
Aki was great
>>
>>13805431
I think anon meant Super Robo.

But he is right anyways, quit your bitching and watch the show.
>>
>>13805505
>But he is wrong anyways, quit your bitching and avoid this shitty, garbage show.
Ftfy. And I think I will, thanks anon.
>>
>>13805520
Please do avoid this show and also leave this thread
>>
Let's not forget about MISTAH PLEIADES
>>
>>13805520
What a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1366465989.jpg (91KB, 492x640px) Image search: [Google]
1366465989.jpg
91KB, 492x640px
>>13805571
The best and worst at the same time.
>>
>>13805574
>doesn't want to bother with garbage show with stupid characters that have bad taste saying shit that makes no sense
And I'm somehow the moron?
>>
>>13805610
>thinks it's garbage with stupid characters having not seen it
>wonders why he is called moron
>>
>>13805669
With a scene like that, it's pretty damned easy to tell it's not worth the time, and that's coming from somebody wasting theirs here.
>>
>>13805669
Stop replying to him
>>
>>13805677
Yeah, you're right. Whatever.
>>
>>13805689
Good to know that even you think your show is so trash that you can't and won't defend it.
>>
>>13801765
>The designs were sort of aesthetic
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>13805036
You call yourself a /m/an? How pathetic.
>>
>>13802067
This. I don't understand why they can fuck up this much when its predecessor, Steins;Gate, can find a middle ground between SoL and grimdark conspiracy.

Maybe they wanted to try different things but the result is shit.
>>
>>13801765

Garbage that no /m/an of taste would ever even think of liking.
>>
>>13802067
I remember people who had read the source material saying the same thing about a certain unexplained plot element that just falls from the skies. So, yes, that part seems to be fault of the source material.
>>
>>13807694
Not even science bullshit?
>>
>>13807676
You're not a /m/an. You're a /v/ermin.
>>
I find R;B as a very flawed and clunky anime made with love, you can see that they were giving a shit with the material. (don't mind the VN it's the same thing actually, with some details regarding frau).
JAXA logo fucking boss.
>>
File: frau koujiro.jpg (498KB, 740x835px) Image search: [Google]
frau koujiro.jpg
498KB, 740x835px
>>13801765
Anime wasn't anything amazing, but yeah, Frau a best.
>>
>>13807694
Except the VN does explain the source of the monopoles, so what are you talking about?
>>
>>13807441
I think both Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes balance both the SoL and the grimdark conspiracy aspects very well for me.

I don't know if many people would even agree that S;G does it well in the first place though considering how its first SoL-filled 11 episodes causes so many people to drop the show or stop watching.
>>
>>13807796
>>13807694
Oh yeah, I forgot that.

Also, there's another version of the VN that further explains things. I think it's name is Robotics; Notes Elite
>>
>>13807959
Elite doesn't further explain things and the original VN didn't leave important things unexplained in the first place. Elite fixes the pacing problems that many people had with the original R;N.
>>
File: 1358298330422.gif (892KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
1358298330422.gif
892KB, 500x296px
>>13807897
>>
>>13801765
Best girl.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.