[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/TFA-2_ ZuOOT http://gundam.wiki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Tfa-4de.jpg (22KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Tfa-4de.jpg
22KB, 340x340px
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/TFA-2_ZuOOT
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/TFA-4DE_GAZuOOT
>these are actual mobile suit names
>GAZuOOT is an actual mobile suit name
>>
>>13799472
Aside from the random capitalization it wouldn't be out of place in Zeon's roster.
I wonder if they actually thought up an acronym for every single capitalized MS name in SEED.
>>
Giving
All
Zeon
units
Our
Own
Take

Did I get it
>>
>>13799507
It's a Guntank you retard.
>>
>>13799510
Looks more like Loto.
>>
File: F-50d.jpg (204KB, 395x736px) Image search: [Google]
F-50d.jpg
204KB, 395x736px
>>13799511
Loto is a Guntank you retard.
>>
>>13799472
What the fuck do these acronyms even stand for?
>>
>>13799472
It does give them some rather unique names, I guess.
>>
File: Umf-4a.jpg (22KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Umf-4a.jpg
22KB, 340x340px
>GoohN
>only the first and last letters are capitalized
Does that mean the "oohn" was just added in there because somebody thought it sounded cooler than GN? Or does the G word also have all those lettera in it somehow?
>>
>>13799510
Guntank-style
Assult
Zaku (the small u is here
Of
Optimal
Traction

how about now?
>>
>>13799537
Or maybe it's GOOhN.
Gundam wiki is being inconsistent and useless as usual.
>>
>>13799498
The one thing Destiny does better than SEED is names for the non-Gundam ZAFT MS, even if they're just "Zaku variant #134" and "Gouf variant #67".
>>
File: GundamGoohn1a.jpg (186KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GundamGoohn1a.jpg
186KB, 500x500px
>>13799551
>>13799537

How do they even mistake it?
>>
>>13799472
>Z'Gok
>Zogok
>these are actual mobile suit names
>Z'Gok E is an actual mobile suit name
>>
File: Z'Gocky.png (221KB, 440x555px) Image search: [Google]
Z'Gocky.png
221KB, 440x555px
>>13799666
Did you forget about Z'Gocky, satan?
>>
If you read the katakana it's actually very simple and it's obvious they're just UC grunt name with replaced letter. Like GINN is just GM with N or Bucue is Zaku with B.
>>
>>13799707

Yeah, but they're also the ones coming up with these long-ass wacky names in all caps representative of acronyms.

Back then I recall bringing up the suggestion that they were named after their in-universe designers, like how some periodic elements are named after the people who first documented them, to a friend. That idea was quickly destroyed on account of who the fuck has a name like even remotely sounds like "GAZuOOT".
>>
>>13799778
>That idea was quickly destroyed on account of who the fuck has a name like even remotely sounds like "GAZuOOT".
Gundam characters?
>>
>>13799779

Even Tominames have a flow of plausibility to it.

The original idea was a letter-for-letter reproduction, but it doesn't explain why certain letters get the caps treatment.

"Johnathan Ginns"?
"Harold Cgue"?
"Wallace Guaiz"?
"Kelvin Dinn"?
"Richards Goohn"?
"James Bucue"?
"Timothy Lagowe"?
"Peter Zuoot"? So the GA stands for "Greater Armed" or something?
>>
>>13799778
Who the fuck names a robot Juaggu anyway?
>>
>>13799786
The same guys whose descendants named a two-part MS the Bawoo and called the leg flyer Bawoo Nutter, and another mass-production transformable MS after a strip of land on the hip end of the Middle Eastern region.

I refuse to believe that it wasn't intentional. The front is understandably called Bawoo Attacker, the back part could be Bawoo Striker, Bawoo Lander, Bawoo Strider, Bawoo Runner, Bawoo Lander, etc., but Nutter?

At least Capule is a guessable corruption of "Capsule" (at least, I hope it is). If there's the Hamma Hamma, then was there a original Hamma and what was it? Was Geymalk the name of the Geymalk's chief engineer? What's a R-Jarja?

Granted, they have their charm, but still.
>>
>>13799820
Geymalk is a perfectly reasonable name anon
>>
Zanscare has some weird names too, why is Tarn Shy? Whats a Shokew? Why is there a dragon here?
>>
>>13801429
That's probably the one set of mobile suits I can barely remember due to their insane names.

The only ones I ever recall from memory are the Gengaozo, and Zaneck
>>
File: doggore1.png (176KB, 580x419px) Image search: [Google]
doggore1.png
176KB, 580x419px
>>13801429
>Why is there a dragon here?
You wanna talk shit about Doggore/Doggorla/Dodgore?
>>
>>13801490
Yeah, it didn't grant me my wish!
>>
>>13801414

Geymalk is a pretty queer name.
>>
>>13801559
Did you have all 7 Doga Balls?
>>
>>13801490

Looks like Echoes ACT 1.
>>
>>13799676
>forget
I'm actively blocking Reco from memory, actually.
>>
>>13801697
Oh come on, G-Reco had some nice designs.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.