[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's basically Agito if Agito and Gills and Another Agito

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: huh.jpg (604KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
604KB, 1000x714px
So it's basically Agito if Agito and Gills and Another Agito merged into one and G3 is a massive faggot.

I liked it. Wonder if we'll ever get the last volume
>>
Is Zetman /m/ ?

I mean with whats his faces hero suit
>>
>>13798116

Its kinda Kamen Rider ish, with some Devilman thrown in.

Also, is it over?
Did best girl die?
>>
>>13798093
No. It's Devilman but more shonen and less good.
>>
File: Zet-001.jpg (68KB, 563x562px) Image search: [Google]
Zet-001.jpg
68KB, 563x562px
>>13798116
>Is Zetman /m/ ?
Some parts are pretty /m/, the original oneshot prototype from the 90's is a bit more /m/ and /co/ in nature though, the idea behind it was much better also, imagine Devilman mixed with Kamen Rider but with a bad end.
>>
>>13799726
>Devilman
>Not a bad end
>>
>>13799728
Sorry, I've been unclear, I meant a Kamen rider with a bad end.
>>
>>13799732
Not him, but that doesn't make any sense. How is it a mix of two things, but then its bad end only applies to one of those things? That's silly.
>>
>>13799744
Because the general thematic is more reminiscent of KR rather than Devilman, and KR doesn't have a bad end.

You can definitely see how Devilman influenced the oneshot, but it's mostly an aesthetic thing, the thematic is more that of KR, actually, imagine if the protagonist was Great Leader but Chaotic Good, that's more or less how the original Jin was.
>>
>>13799754
Zetman isn't similar to Kamen Rider and it is directly based on Devilman.
>>
>>13799776
>Zetman isn't similar to Kamen Rider

>Scientists create human mutants
>Mostly based on animals
>Mutants rebel and create an underground society
>Protagonist 1 is a super mutant
>fights against other mutants to protect the ones he loves
>Protagonist 2 is a normal human being
>gets cyborg augments to fight mutants for justice

>not similar to KR

The oneshot even has Jin as a crazy scientist who becomes a judge dredd like mutant vigilante and eventually turning into an automated, personality-less robocop, how isn't this based on KR?
>>
>>13799781
>Scientists create human mutants
>Mostly based on animals
>Mutants rebel and create an underground society
>Protagonist 1 is a super mutant
>fights against other mutants to protect the ones he loves
This is literally Devilman. Kamen Rider never forms an underground society/counter movement and neither does he fight to protect the ones he loves. Kamen Rider fights to protect humanity despite being alone in the world.

>Protagonist 2 is a normal human being
>gets cyborg augments to fight mutants for justice
He wears a powered suit. He isn't a cyborg. That's the only Kamen Rider-esque thing in the series.

・「ジン」 = ZETMAN = デビルマン
・「コウガ」 = アルファス = 仮面ライダーG3(アギトの登場人物)
・「プレイヤー」 = デーモン族 = アンノウン
>>
>>13799789
>Kamen Rider never forms an underground society/counter movement
>What is Shocker
>He wears a powered suit.
>What is his prosthetic arm
>>
>>13799794
>What is Shocker
No. That's not how it works. In Zetman, the mutants rebel and form a society. Shocker is the villain organization, not an escaped rebel society. That's not equivalent whatsoever.
>>
>>13799796
>Shocker is the villain organization
Evol is the "villain" organization, they are the antagonists in the story, you can't deny this, they only seem less evil because basically anyone but Jin is an asshole in Zetman and everyone tends to fall in a grey zone of morality but they are the definite antagonists of the manga.
Sure, they're not cheesy evil such as Shocker but they fall in the same exact role albeit in a slightly different flavour. The fact that they were originally born as a rebel organization to support players doesn't change the fact that they're the villains of the story, it's true that there's more Devilmen tones in that, especially since one of their main goals is to make Jin turn into the perfect Zet and you're right on that.

Besides, my original point on KR inspirations was referred to the original oneshot, not the current manga.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-06-20-00h14m43s133.png (263KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-06-20-00h14m43s133.png
263KB, 720x405px
Did we ever get what was ZET suppossed to be?
the end-all player? a different kind of player?
just a mcguffin?

Since the anime has a BAD( but open) END and the manga has gone on hiatus , or at least was last time i checked, will we ever find out?

as a sidenote, i´m thinking making an alphasz suit, but since i lack cash to purchase fpv gogles and tiny cameras to put in the helmet, if i use mirror film on the face section of the head would that ruin it? or would work as a toku-style solution?
>>
>>13798754

Hanako dies. It turns out that she's the daughter of two powerful Players, and she transforms into a monster that has to be killed.

The thing about Zetman is that it's actually a prequel. The end of the story sets up the status quo where Jin really IS Kamen Rider, more-or-less. Basically, the whole thing is 'Episode Zero', which is why the plot isn't really resolved: The big thing is that he finally embraces his role as Zet.
>>
>>13799817

The manga finishes in Volume 12, actually. It's already been completed.

ZET is explicitly a life-form made to hunt and kill Players. He's like a super version of the Sweepers, who kill the Players who rebel against the Law of Evo.

See, the big thing about ZET is that the ring on his hand forces Players to transform. *Then* they have to fight to the death. He's basically death incarnate for Players.
>>
File: face.jpg (66KB, 571x496px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
66KB, 571x496px
I just someone to finish translating it
>>
>>13799928

Wait a prequel to what?
Is there another series with him or its just that the manga is meant to be like that?
>>
>>13799930
but in friendship and death it goes with " to be continued".
thanks on the explanation , fansubs were not coherent regarding this .
Wasn´t the ring thing kinda voluntary? only active when he got into a transformed stage? sorry if this is painfully obvious but, again , spanish fansubs were to be interpreted rather than taken literally back then
>>
>>13799930
The end of Volume 20 says Act I ends

So if there is a sequel, it's gonna be Act II
>>
>>13801530

At the end of the series, it is constantly active. Becoming Zet means to become the Hunter of Players, forever.
>>
>>13802211

I honestly don't think that Act II will finish in our lifetimes, to be honest. Zetman has gorgeous art, but it's VERY, VERY decompressed. I assume that a hypothetical Act II would simply be a more straightforward Kamen Rider-ish story. After all, the whole manga is set-up so that Jin becomes who he's supposed to be.

The monster designs are absolutely gorgeous, though. All the Players look amazing, especially the advanced ones. The Jester, Knight, Angel and Demon players - as well as the 'Seed' player - are all pretty badass.
>>
>>13802211
So what you're saying is that it got a Dynamic Pro ending.
>>
>>13804344
It's going to be Rebuild 4 wait basically

>>13804595
Never seen Dynamic Pro
>>
>>13806721
>Never seen Dynamic Pro
It's a studio that have made a lot of sequel bait endings that never get sequels. Like Zetman.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.