[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you think of any other times a pilot was done in by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

Can you think of any other times a pilot was done in by their own mech?
>>
File: EMS-10_Zudah.jpg (552KB, 1425x1943px) Image search: [Google]
EMS-10_Zudah.jpg
552KB, 1425x1943px
>>13797309

Remember that time Zeon designed a purpose-built suicide-machine?
>>
>>13797327
Technically we don't know if after the the update to the Zudah being reclassified and modified into the EMS-10 made it less of a deathtrap than the original Zaku I competitor (which is implied that Zeonic made have had a hand in sabotaging it, even if that was from a Zimmad fanboy pilot).
Zimmad made a lot of good generator/engines for MS in the OYW (producing the high-spec and maneuverable Gyan and Doms, whereas Zeonic makes the reliable but non-high-performance Zaku up until the Gelgoog), so I'm thinking it's not totally their fault that pilots keep exploding in the Zudah.

I would imagine that the Zudah just has shit "limiters" or whatever that Char keeps removing from his personal MS. Pilots explode in them because they're not Newtypes enough (or they have a chip on their shoulder like in IGLOO) or experienced enough to know that redlining your engine isn't a good idea on a nuclear engine.

If Char got a Zudah and customized it, he probably would be, like, FIVE times faster since it's generally a speedy little MS.
>>
Unicorn's Test pilot, though I can't think of any like Big Duo just eating Alan.
>>
>>13797327
I built an HG model of that suit and regretted it immediately after.
>>
>>13797342
How come? I enjoyed the MSiA figure, but the HGUC came with a big honkin' gun.
How was the HGUC bad?
>>
>>13797342
Did you die?
>>
>>13797342
Did it explode when you admired it too closely?
>>
>>13797368
You make me laugh, silly earthenoid. Your sense of snark is not weighed down by gravity.
>>
>>13797309
The Aura Battlers in The Tale of Neo-Byston Well have a rather curious feature. They're only compatible with certain people. If an incompatible person is put into the cockpit and it's activated...well...
You remember the wrong grail scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
Prettymuch that.
>>
File: 1200609650608.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1200609650608.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
I just love the idea of a giant robot basically saying "get bent fucko" and eating you.
>>
>>13797380

Didn't the original Aura Battlers (with the exception of Dunbine) also kill the pilots if they went into the "hyper" mode? They were basically powered by the pilot's spiritual energy, and going hyper made them burn through all of it very rapidly, guaranteeing that the pilot would die even if they won the battle.
>>
Only tangentially /m/, but the spaceships in lost universe would eat you to do something cool. I don't remember the process or what they actually did, but that's how the MC's grandma died, and he was gonna do it to but he pulled up at the last second.
>>
>>13797380
Speaking of the mecha more or less eating the unchosen pilot there was also the Valvraves that liquefied the pilots and drank them right?
>>
Linebarrel
>>
File: 1369454684655.jpg (543KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
1369454684655.jpg
543KB, 622x800px
>>13797380
>The Tale of Neo-Byston Well
just call it dunbine man, no need to type that much.

Also Hito from valvrave kills you sooner or later.
>>
>>13797423
What? I don't remember anime machina eating their own pilot, at most Deceiver locking its own pilot to defend him from the crazy psycho-bitch unless you're talking about the unstranslated tank
>>
>>13797309
Im surprised noone said Tallgeese. Literally everyone before Zechs either got badly injured or died piloting it. If we talking intentional then Zearth from Bokurano, All the Fafners from Fafner
>>
>>13797431
>just call it dunbine man
It's the OVA though
>>
>>13797431
Thats only if you dont feed the rape
>>
>>13797439
>All the Fafners from Fafner
But especially Nitch and Sein, with Nicht outright trying to murder its own pilot
>>
File: GDS-4219A_02.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-4219A_02.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>13797431

Tales of Neo-Byston Well is the thing that Sirbine is from.

They did pass around aura battlers in Dunbine. The Dunbine itself got handed off to Marvel Frozen after Sho upgraded to the Billbine.
>>
When Thundercracker woke up after being under Cobra's control, his first instinct was to trash compact his pilot.
>>
>>13797433
Linebarrel ends up reducing Kouchi to a brain in the manga. Kouchi isn't too fussed about the turn of events and becomes an eternal ally of justice.
>>
>>13797309
Bokurano, 15 children have to pilot a mech which will kill it's pilot after each sortie
>>
>>13797309
Alot of the units from Gundam IBO. They use spinal fluid to help you pilot. In Gundam 00, any of the units that used the early Tau Drives. Those were particles that prevented cell regeneration. In Full Metal Panic if the Lambda Driver went out of control.
>>
>>13797420
They didn't actually eat them, they ate memories some some how and use them as a power source. For some unexplained reason, sex works just as well at generating the energy they need. The Aliens were able to pump it out of people in large groups though. In the end you end up basically a child again or brain dead like Marie. Haruto wasn't actually dead the last time we see him, which is kinda weird considering they acted like was dead in the entire epilogue.
>>
>>13797455
Oh well, I was kind of expecting that to happen to him after the reveal of what Magatsu had become and how Koichi said he would become the new main computer of the Linebarrel, god I wish it were translated already
>>
>>13797467
I was more talking about that unlucky unnamed soldier that entered the cockpit during the Moses incident and got literally drank by Hito on the seat
>>
>>13797475
That guy wasn't drunk/drank/past tense word.

Just pulped. Those pilot suits are impressively well sealed at any rate.
>>
>>13797309
Evangelion. You feel whatever damage the mech gets.
>>
>>13797467
>Haruto wasn't actually dead the last time we see him, which is kinda weird considering they acted like was dead in the entire epilogue.

He was on his way out from uncontrollable rune loss. He went braindead not too long after the final fight, holding out long enough for the narrative to punch L-Elf square in the feels.
>>
>>13797528
There's no on screen proof of any of that. I'm more inclined to believe L-elf killed him off screen, so he didn't have to see his friend live as a blubbering retard.
>>
>>13797542
I'm with the other anon, he probably died just like Marie and L-elf's waifu did, since all the students on the colony are genetic clones of the vampires their life may be tied to the runes more than most humans and you have to remember that Marie died after going super saiyan on their asses and Liselotte frmo using all the runes she had so it stands to reason Haruto did the same thing
>>
>>13797542
Dude he burnt out. Dead. Gone. You think Marie went Schiavo after getting back into the cockpit? She's dead, he's dead, Hito don't fuck around.

Once you begin to bleed runes, you're on borrowed time. Nothing to salvage unless they unlink you from Hito before it's too late.
>>
>>13797575
The Magius consume runes more actively, hence the need for fresh hosts every so often.

It's implied that's not entirely the case with the Module kids, seeing as the Valvrave girls have lasted so long without having to change bodies or anything.

Nonetheless, rune exhaustion kills, period. Runes are effectively the life force of a given existence.
>>
Escaflowne

Well not done in but the MC got fucked up pretty bad.
>>
>>13797575
>>13797590
The problem is Marie died near instantly, when she burnt out. Logic follows Haruto should have died exactly the same way, an instant snap. Instead we see a scene of him still moving around in the cockpit coherent in a lobotomized sort of way. Valvrave isn't the most consistant show, by any means, but haruto's end doesn't line up with what we'd already seen happen in the show. That tells us ruin drain deal either is different from person to person, or he just flat wasn't out yet. I personally vote the latter.
Lissolette is even harder to compare with, because she's an alien ruin eating ghost. The last scene with her she was still coherent, and talked to L-elf while she died.
>>
>>13797607
>It's implied that's not entirely the case with the Module kids, seeing as the Valvrave girls have lasted so long without having to change bodies or anything.
Weren't the kids meant to be a more streamlined version of the vampires? As in having their advantages but not as many disadvantages like having to constantly change bodies? Or it could be because the vampires were already old as hell beings and used a lot more than the young kids?
>>
>>13797620
It could be that he died a little bit slower than Marie who was said to leak a lot more runes than anyone they had ever tested and Haruto only really started leaking runes after piloting a whole lot while she started to leak from just doing a few test and it was enough for her to lose a lot of her memories
>>
>>13797620
I subscribe to rule of melodramatic writing.

And Valvrave is very consistent about playing the rule of melodramatic writing out.

Though for what it's worth Haruto is one of the most persistent characters in the show at times so maybe he just survived a tad longer out of sheer force of will.
>>
>>13797623
Yes, kind of. I really couldn't tell what Haruto's dad completely wanted there. It seemed, he just wanted to make immortal humans. The Vampire, for the kids was really Pino, and Hito's pilot had to be her "fangs". (I don't know a better way to say that.) Pino then somehow powered the mechs and maintained the kids immortality.

It's kind of amusing right now, I think this is the most civilized valvrave discussion I've ever been involved in on /m/.
>>
>>13797623
They were certainly meant to be some sort of posthuman lifeform that could feast upon the runes of others to maintain their lifespan or some shit.

Then again I didn't exactly factor in that the magius probably also body hop to prevent the conspiracy from being exposed. There's a lot of room for personal theory, as far as I know.
>>
>>13797664
Oh yeah Pino, I saw her appearing and talking only as a interface that papa Haruto made or some other doctor made so she could communicate since both she and her brother were just locked into the rave engines to power the main robots and send the energy through the green antenna things they all had, I wonder if they planed on capturing any other vampires to create more autonomous robots like Hito and Dainsrave
>>
File: 1406781566208.jpg (126KB, 1170x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1406781566208.jpg
126KB, 1170x1085px
>>13797395
>episode opens with a Schwarzwald speech
>>
>>13797698
>Dorssia gets ahold of proper space ghost hardware
>rebuild the Kirschbaum around spamming its Lowenglitzen nonstop

>the new design has a magazine that feeds in pilots to power the gun instead of an energy capacitor

IMPROVED DESIGN OF DORSSIA ENGINEERING FIRM IS BETTER THAN BEFORE, COMRADE! NOW EACH MAN TAKE LIFE OF MANY MEN INSTEAD OF ONE! IS GOOD, YES?

But seriously how do you fight someone who is willing to kill themself?
>>
>>13797735
>the new design has a magazine that feeds in pilots to power the gun instead of an energy capacitor
I'm imagining them using a design similar to the beam magnun cartridges
>>
>>13797466
>In Gundam 00, any of the units that used the early Tau Drives
Those were only a problem in the concentrations found in it's weapon emissions, the actual drives were apparently safe. A better example would be Graham's internal injuries, though they weren't what killed him.
>>
Does guld's 2fast2furious count?
>>
Tekkaman Blade?

Also arguably Zeorymer, main character got his personality overwritten for a while
>>
File: feels good.jpg (68KB, 630x480px) Image search: [Google]
feels good.jpg
68KB, 630x480px
>>13797710
>>episode opens with a Schwarzwald speech
>>
Apparently having to spam Hell and Heaven every single episode early in the show was killing Gai, so they made the Goldion Hammer to serve the same function without nearly killing him after only like ten fights.

Oh yeah, and the combination was so flakey the first few times they used GaoGaiGar, they basically had to pull the damn thing apart manually in the hangar to get Gai out before his cyborg batteries or whatever burnt out and killed him.
>>
>>13797466
>ny of the units that used the early Tau Drives. Those were particles that prevented cell regeneration.

Along these lines, some of the early Jaegers from Pacific Rim. Rushed out, not really properly shielded, giving some of those early pilots a heaping helping of radiation.
>>
Does "THE O, WHY WON'T YOU MOVE" count?
>>
>>13798007
The O didn't kill'em though. That was a nose cone.

Thought robots rejecting pilots could be somewhat interesting. YUI!!
>>
>>13798007
Zeta and The O both had Biosensors and Kamille was autisming so hard that he could override The O's Biosensor and hold it in place
>>
>>13797918
Hah was never meant to be lethal. Everything organic seems to handle it fine, it's cyborgs that can't take it.
>>
>>13798007
"Ze Oh, naza da uken!?"
>>
File: ALL SOULS RETURN TO BYSTON WELL.png (431KB, 501x375px) Image search: [Google]
ALL SOULS RETURN TO BYSTON WELL.png
431KB, 501x375px
>>13797309
I can think of a few.

>>13797431
Neo Byston Well is the sequel OVA, ya numpty.

>>13797918
The problem with H&H was that it used all the onboard G-Stones and GS Rais as fuel, but mostly the G-Stones. And Gai was being powered by one of those. So every time he used it, he both caused immense pain to himself and took away most of the shit running his body.

When he was an Evoluder? No problems, excepting a specific instance of unrelated chest pain.
>>
File: Kouji Kabuto dies in robot.jpg (206KB, 800x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Kouji Kabuto dies in robot.jpg
206KB, 800x1152px
>>13797309
Mazinger Z.
>>
>only two Fafner posts
Good, I like that we're fading into nothingness again.
>>
File: Bokurano_v1_cover_front.jpg (53KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Bokurano_v1_cover_front.jpg
53KB, 300x415px
Bokurano.
>>
>>13798838
>using the bad scans
>>
>>13797309
Does a mech eating another pilot count? Like Eva 01 eating Kaworu
>>
>>13798838
That is some God awful art
>>
>>13797309
That one time Proist had Suspage pilot Vulking.

Also, there were all these Getter test pilots that ended up turned into jelly because they weren't good enough.
>>
>>13797309
Valrave - if you didn't choose to rescind your humanity and tried to fly it... well, they had to mop you up
>>
The getters killed Lizards when they tried to steal some. And Getter energy sort of absorbed the Getter pilots in parts of the manga.
>>
>>13799159
Wait, i thought he just crushed the body, lopping off the head

does yui bite the head off??
>>
>>13798820
I don't get it.
>>
It was entirely in his best interest, but at a point SENMETSU tells Ledo "nope, you're not qualified to be a pilot anymore, have fun being Kevin Costner" and ejects the cockpit.
>>
>>13798024
>>13798820
I thought the issue with Hell and Heaven was that the series Gao Machines were imperfect copies of the originals and couldn't properly channel/contain/etc. the energy they were generating.
>>
>>13799192
bait
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.