[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
why is IBO so popular right now?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 33
why is IBO so popular right now?

is it the simplistic plot? the boring drama? Clearly it is not the mecha designs because they are awful as shit.
>>
I like the Barbatos thats about it
How does the MC of IBO (literally can't remember his name and don't care) compare to Heero on the apathy scale
>>
At least it's better than Zeta, not that that's a high bar.
>>
>>13793894
So much for
>I'm not going to troll as much
>>
>>13793915
He's a half-Heero. He hasn't threatened to kill the love interest yet.
>>
its your anual "mecha for people who dont like mecha"
>>
>>13793927
>ever believing a trip-fag's claim that they'll better themself
>>
>>13793894
>is it the simplistic plot?

> Iron-Blooded Orphans has a lot of moving parts, but it's only deceptively complex; this episode starts out confusing (due to the relatively haphazard way they introduce all the various factions and the sizable cast) but as it goes on it all becomes very clear. - Zach Bertschy on episode 1.
>>
>>13793894
>why is IBO so popular right now?
Is it? Without the Gundam name, no one would care from what I've seen.
>>
>>13793915
Heero was fun, constantly threatening to kill others/himself. Mika is just kind of there.
>>
>>13794952
It's not popular in here, outside of /m/ it does have a considerably large fan base. But Mostly because Yaoi.
>>
File: 1368647692018.png (129 KB, 449x341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1368647692018.png
129 KB, 449x341
>>13795001
>it does have a considerably large fan base
>But Mostly because Yaoi
>>
>>13795001
I don't think it's yaoi but because it's just Gundam in general, I stayed in Japan over Christmas and New Year and the actual big thing among fujoshi seemed to be Osomatsu not IBO
>>
>>13795001
That's not true. Compare the forum posts between it and a show that did get very popular OPM
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31251/Mobile_Suit_Gundam__Iron-Blooded_Orphans/forum
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30276/One_Punch_Man/forum

IBO has barely made a dent and struggles to get to the 100 post count over week
>>
>>13795036
It's not surprising OPM is more popular in West, giant robots are very Japanese thing while OPM is basically cape comic fans' wet dream, it's the kind of show that appeals outside anime nerd audience as well
>>
>>13795045
If you want to make that arguement
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22729/AldnoahZero/forum

AZ blows it out the water in post count despite being mech and a pile of shit
>>
>>13795058
Would Aldnoah been so popular if the marketing wasn't so successful? It's extremely ordinary and generic show but before it started it had these huge announcements even on Japanese news paper and it was going through typical Aniplex shilling. Not to mention they tried to bait viewers with Urobuchi who didn't even have much to do with the show. Of course Gundam always gets hyped as well but not like some Aniplex shows do.
>>
>>13795058
AZ was full of homofags and shipping bait.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex hired people to hype their shows on Twitter and other social media too
>>
>>13795068
This was also heavily marketed and had a big brand behind it. It also had people well liked bad normal anime viewers involved. If anything IBO was in a better position to do well

>>13795073
same as IBO
>>
>>13795080
But IBO is doing well, it's second best selling show after Osomatsu
>>
>>13795082
You mean the reduced disk with a code inside only making about 9k? Not really, especially with it's time slot and heavy marketing
>>
>>13795085
>9k
>only
You have way too big expectations for anime, that's good number
>>
>>13795088
Not for a show with heavy marketing and coming on just before yugioh. BF and Greco were both able to get similar numbers despite much less advertising and worse slots. Never mind this was being pushed as the next 00 which it isn't even close to
>>
File: 1441147011165.jpg (458 KB, 778x950) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441147011165.jpg
458 KB, 778x950
>>13793894
Yoshitoki Oima put female writers on the map with a compelling, heart wrenching story about what it means to be human

On the other hand, Mari Okada's Gundam is generic inoffensive shit.

The latter is only popular because generic inoffensive people love generic inoffensive shit.

Prsonally, I'd rather watch a borderline yaoi anime about an effeminate gundam otaku than an unfunny Heero with no compelling character traits whatsoever.
>>
>>13795080
>same as IBO
AZ was literally nothing but a overblown shipping pissing contest that was promoting hatesex between the two bishonen male leads.
>>
>>13795132
IBO has a ship full of young men to pair up, two of which have a pretty explicit gay thing going on and has so far only existed to be gay at each other
>>
>>13795136
>IBO has a ship full of young men to pair up
With little meaningful interaction.

Inaho and Slain was flashing neon lights that could give Pasdar a run for his money..
>>
>>13795142
Both shows have shitty interaction. It doesn't change that IBO is also full on yaoi bait with many scenes obviously meant to push that. Hell shippers don't even need shit to be pushed that hard they'll see what they want to
>>
>>13795148
>Hell shippers don't even need shit to be pushed that hard they'll see what they want to
That's how I see, when I watch Osomatsu-san I don't see those six BROTHERS that way but apparently girls do because it gets so much gay art. IBO even has supposedly homosexual guy but maybe fujos don't like it when it comes to the real deal.
>>
>>13795158
>IBO even has supposedly homosexual guy but maybe fujos don't like it when it comes to the real deal.
I think it is because it hits the bad middle point. It isn't a few tiny things so people get excited at this little possibility amongst other stuff, but their interaction also doesn't get a huge focus. They get a few very plain scenes that are obvious but not done in the right way. Like if you watch an episode of Free you see how these characters are paired and talk, there is a certain way
>>
>why is IBO so popular right now?
Seems to be flatlining for a current airing Gundam.
I think even AGE got more attention.
Maybe people were less burned out when AGE was airing though.
>>
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/77696

What are Nips saying?
>>
>>13795266
They're saying yaraon is a shitty source to get your info from. Japanese Kotaku, and all that.
>>
>>13793894
The MC kills people and doesn't whine about it and it appeals to people who don't watch mecha in general. Most normalfags on twitter/tumblr/facebook what have you that rave from my perspective have all said they haven't watched a Gundam show since 00.
The boxy,parade colored robot with a face and fingers to hold it's action gun looks like "an actual tool of war" and not a toy like literally every other mobilesuit. The characters are deep and bring out "feels" and not really cliche and flat to them.

Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>13795310
>IBO and 00 appeal to people who don't know anything about anime
>they like that the Gundam looks intimidating and edgy
>and that the MC is a boring kid without any character conflicts
>the boring characters bring out feels in boring people

If this is true, then pleb taste is real.
>>
>>13793894
Like 00, you don't need to have good knowledge and good taste to get into it.
Guess the number of such viewers.
>>
>>13795249

Age got less popular as the 'UNDERSTANDING' was introduced if I recall the charts, while IBO seems to be following a stable course.

Though personally I could do with more Drama, blood and more mobile suit fights. The last 3 episodes have been so boring.
>>
>>13793915

He has the autism but more on the emotionally stunted side than the crazy side like Heero.
>>
>>13795508
heero wasnt crazy though

but he can be considered emotionally stunted since everything he said was harsh truths

mikazuki does have flashes of emotions like emoting content (eating)
>>
>>13795310
>The characters are deep
>feels
>not really cliche and flat
>>
>>13793894
Simple, Reco G was so bad IBO seems like a way better show by just looking at it.
>>
>>13795310
>The boxy,parade colored robot with a face and fingers to hold it's action gun looks like "an actual tool of war" and not a toy like literally every other mobilesuit.
Barbatos is by far the most unrealistic Gundam design so far sans actual super robot Gundams like Quan[t] or Wing Zero Custom.
>>
>>13795557
>average MAHQ poster
>>
Best way to get back at casuals is to not support the series, just watch it where it can't get ad revenue and don't buy the gunpla.
>>
>>13795310

>barbatos
>realistic

It's a space ninja with disgusting feet and a flag pole as it's core support

there is nothing realistic about barbatos at all, and it is a shit tier main suit people had to convince themselves to like
>>
>>13795654

>don't buy the gunpla

too bad they were designed to be super cheap then, the graze uses shockingly little plastic

I bet they are selling tons of them just from gunpla people who are saying "why not"
>>
I really don't like IBO, I actually dropped it, but I do like the Barbs and Grazes.

When will /m/ forgive Washio? Drei is dogshit yes, but he's got a decent record fampais
>>
>>13795557
>willlingly gobbling up one pile of shit just to spite the other pile of shit they tried to serve you earlier
awwww stay mad anon
though i dont think its good for your health
>>
File: Dodger_leigh_01.png (407 KB, 720x405) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dodger_leigh_01.png
407 KB, 720x405
>>13793894
Because people like Dodger are recommending it
>>
>>13795654
>don't buy the gunpla
Fuck that, not even the shittiest show in the world would keep me from cool robut toys.
>>
Because it's good.
>>
>>13801938
>good
Ok, Explain how please
>>
File: 1336370750481.jpg (328 KB, 1280x1437) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1336370750481.jpg
328 KB, 1280x1437
AGE was honestly more interesting and entertaining than IBO.
>>
>>13801943

No point, you'll just call me a retard.
>>
>>13802019
Not him, but I'm very curious, so go for it.
>>
>>13801879
fuckin what
>>
>>13802030
I guess it's some nobody that some sperg thinks we should know of and be outraged about
>>
>>13802030
>>13802036
google tells me it's some youtube/streaming person. Tells me that anyone who listens to that person's advice or recommendations is probably an idiot.
>>
>>13802054
there was only one youtube person who's advice was worth listening to
;_;7
>>
>>13794952
Even with it I hardly care. Fumitan was the only reason I kept watching at this point.
>>
>>13802029

Fine.

I like the cast and think they interact well together, especially the dynamics between Mika (follower who starts to think for himself), Orga (leader who feels like he's the one being led) and Kudelia (peace princess archetype who's completely out of her depth). I like all the supporting characters even if they've not yet gotten a chance to shine because their characters and lines have conveyed their humanity to me effectively. The villains so far have not been too good but I'm willing to invest my time to see if McGills and Ein develop further. I also enjoy the interplay between Kudelia's backer and the Gjallarhorn factions in their plan to use the revolutionary leader to justify their own continued existence.

Also I like that Mika, while a good pilot, is often just a small part of the battles where the moment of victory has come more than once from the warship Isaribi itself executing a dangerous ram, boarding action, or acrobatics, along with infantry assaults and gun battles on top of the mobile suit stuff. Other gundam shows often have their carrier ships as being static in combat with a few enjoyable exceptions, and IBO is using it more often so I like that.

As to the mechanical design I like it because it feels a bit different from the more blocky stuff we got from BF and AGE, though it's not as good as Reco I do quite like Bandai's aping Tomino's trend from that show of making Gundams look more varied. The animation itself isn't fantastic but Sunrise has a track record of this anyway.

I don't think it's perfect (for one thing a lot of the events are too predictable) but when people say it's slow or there's nothing happening it doesn't gel with me because I like the cast and I don't mind more time being spent hanging around with them. And also I like drama, so watching Kudelia stew in her own uselessness until she breaks like the latest ep is sadistically enjoyable. I hope she gets reforged into a Euphinator.

So yeah, I'm a retard.
>>
>>13793894

Its got the Gundam name on it and its currently airing. Give it two years after it finishes, and I doubt anyone will even remember it other than obligatory mention in passing as part of the Gundam franchise.

Frankly, I dropped it after the first episode because the character designs really threw me. Some of the characters, like the MC, look like they were designed by completely different people in different styles than the rest of the characters. So I have Yugioh standing next to Archer, and then the scene changes to guys fresh off the set of Star Driver. That was kind of annoying, and nothing else in the first episode hooked me enough to make putting up with that mild, mild annoyance at all attractive.

The tankbots were really cool and I was hoping that they would end up being important, but the moment an actual mobilesuit showed up I knew they wouldn't even be worth mentioning as cannon fodder, because enemy grunt MS was literally immune to all of their weapons. Shame.
>>
I think Mika is the better stoic Gundam characters though. Heero was batshit insane, Setsuna went from Gundam obsessed to generic motivation one liner to something not human.

Mika while is bad at giving emotion, clearly show that he has one. He actually cares for once.
>>
>>13802030
Dodger popular video gaming youtuber has been recommending IBO to the masses.

>>13802054
She sucks when it comes to anime, her anime tastes are awful, but not her gamin tastes
>>13802061
that reminds me, what about Guntank or ZetaRise, Or BobSamurai or even BakaShift
>>
>>13802169
>about Guntank or ZetaRise, Or BobSamurai or even BakaShift


Guntank hasn't updated in 4 months
ZetaRise I don't know him
Bobsamurai doesn't care about mecha
And i don't know who Bakashift is
>>
>>13802169
>what about Guntank or ZetaRise, Or BobSamurai or even BakaShift
who?
youtube people suck
>>
File: 1433889493751.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1433889493751.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>13793894
I don't know man. I actually liked it until they went to space but fuck all has happened since then and even when they do try to create tense moments the show falls flat on its face. The colony rebellion was so fucking stupid.
>>
I'd love to watch this show.

TOO BAD GUNDAMINFO BLOCKED IT IN THE US FUCKING UNGRATEFUL FAGGOTS! WE SHOULD DROP ANOTHER NUKE ON THEM FOR BEING SUCH SHITHEAD SCUMBAGS.
>>
>>13802195
Sorry you aren't popular outside of 4chan
>>
>>13802202
This is an +18 site. Leave.
>>
>>13802202
>not using crunchyroll
>not using daisuki (literally free)
>not using kissaime
>>
File: 1438907932647.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438907932647.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
>>13802202
How the hell do you manage to watch mecha anime and not know how to torrent? So much of it is available only in torrents that your post completely baffles me.
>>
File: 1304573750169.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1304573750169.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>13802202
I don't know how this could be anything other than bait.
>>
>>13793894
Okada is a shit writer, and shit eating retards exist and watch anime.

It's not hard.
>>
>G-Rectangles butthurt that IBO is too easy to understand
>>
>>13795310
>The MC kills people and doesn't whine about it and it appeals to people who don't watch mecha in general. Most normalfags on twitter/tumblr/facebook what have you that rave from my perspective have all said they haven't watched a Gundam show since 00.
>The boxy,parade colored robot with a face and fingers to hold it's action gun looks like "an actual tool of war" and not a toy like literally every other mobilesuit. The characters are deep and bring out "feels" and not really cliche and flat to them.

In b4 season 2 gives us beam weapons
>>
>>13802320
As somebody who hasn't even seen G-reco, no, IBO is just terribly slow-paced and also devoid of character interaction that is actually interesting. It also has a shite art style.
>>
>>13793948
This

>>13794952
Reddit, gamefaqs, animesuki, etc.
>>
>>13795310
>The boxy,parade colored robot with a face and fingers to hold it's action gun looks like "an actual tool of war" and not a toy like literally every other mobilesuit.


How the fuck do they see that when he's running around smashing shit with a giant sword? Barbados Slim is probably the most toy like Gundam since any of the ones in G Gundam.
>>
>>13802215
They're a newfag obviously.
>>
File: mika.jpg (257 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mika.jpg
257 KB, 1280x718
>>13802159
Mika doesn't even feel like the MC though, Kudelia gets more screen time and character development while being more important to the plot
>>
>>13802215
theyre a successful bait master obviously
>>
>>13802464
Mika started out really interesting but they've done hardly anything with him since like the third episode. The way Mika constantly looks up to Orga and does whatever he commands without second thought lead me to believe he'd end up commanding him to kill someone close to him in the future like Atra or something causing a rift within Tekkadan.
>>
File: Came here to laugh.png (587 KB, 700x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Came here to laugh.png
587 KB, 700x700
Why do you retards care about IBO so much if you hate it? Why watch it? Why do you shitpost about it on a daily basis?

I like IBO. I liked G-Reco. Hell I don't think there is a Gundam show I don't like (except SEED Destiny, it had some okay parts, but it was mostly shit.).

I am not saying /m/ has to be a hugbox, but goddamn. "I hate <current show> because <bullshit>" gets old.

>tl;dr quit being a bunch of whine fags.
>>
File: 1440988482966.gif (245 KB, 400x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440988482966.gif
245 KB, 400x200
>>13802505
>I liked G-Reco

I can believe someone liking destiny but not reco
>>
>>13802491
Do you have any idea how short the series would be if Mika got any focus? He'll kill every single antagonist in the span of four episodes, then retire with Arta and Kudelia to build the farm.
>>
>>13802505
>Why do you retards care about IBO so much if you hate it?
Because it has the gundam name attached to it. It's as simple as this. If this was some no name random mecha show, everyone would have dropped this a long time ago.
>>
>>13793894
>why is IBO so popular right now?
Because it's currently airing? How fucking retarded are you?
>>
In the first episodes I thought they were going to act like a fucking Mercenary company and take on jobs while the conflict for Mars independence slowly escalated.

But no, they've been on the ship since forever now.
>>
>>13802664
How many episodes have they spent trying to get to earth now? It must be at least half the series.
>>
>>13802664
I guess those idea is best utilized in vidya. It will get repetitive in Anime form though.
>>
>>13802664

They don't have the budget for mercenary adventures.

I don't mean the characters, I mean the show.
>>
>>13802121
>So yeah, I'm a retard.
At least you know.
>>
>>13802505
>I like IBO. I liked G-Reco.
>I like shit.
>>
>>13802512
Tell that to a certain Facebook group
>>
>>13802828

yeah, but hey at least it means I can enjoy stuff.
>>
>>13793894
Many jumped to catch up the latest show of the season.Many viewers just watch whatever is airing and move onto to next without any forethought.Just see how many watching Thunderbolt and Origin without seeing even the 0079 movie trilogy.

No prerequisites and prior viewing of previous entries.

Available on Gundaminfo youtube channel and western streaming sites like daisuki and crunchyroll.(Compared to G-Reco which aired in Australian site, uploaded on gundaminfo after the series finsihed it's run in Japan and already dissed to the point that nobody bothered).

It would remain millennial babby's 1st gundam apart from 00.
>>
>>13795324
>>13795548
>>13795568
>>13795895
>>13802367
>>13802416
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting to get so many responses. I'm sorry lads, I don't understand WHY people think like this either but it is what I've been told by IRL friends and seen by a couple fans on forums and tumblr.
>>
>>13803702
>I can enjoy garbage
That's good, But I prefer to enjoy good things.

>>13803754
>I've been told by IRL friends
My friends know that it's retarded. Hell, one of them said he's actually begun just skipping through episodes waiting for robots to show up.
>>
>>13804080
>he's actually begun just skipping through episodes waiting for robots to show up.
so he's dropped it then
>>
File: Shinkansen.jpg (56 KB, 729x914) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shinkansen.jpg
56 KB, 729x914
>>13804088
>>
>>13804080
Good is subjective, though. I mean, I dunno what shows you like, but I might find one of them to be garbage and it'd be just as legitimate from a certain point of view, y'know?

I dunno if you want to be brave and talk about stuff you enjoy though because that'll just open you up to someone else dissing your taste.
>>
>>13802061

11111111111111111111
>>
>>13804098
>Good is subjective
I love this meme. Standards for storytelling exist, and if you're watching the kind of cheapt melodrama and shit characterization that an ignorant teenager would enjoy, then your standards for entertainment probably aren't that high.
>>
>>13793894
>why is IBO so popular right now?

It is?
>>
>>13804108

Yeah but you don't have any basis for defining your standards beside personal taste. Do you have an actual framework or something?
>>
>>13804120
>Yeah but you don't have any basis for defining your standards beside personal taste.
>Standards in story telling don't exist
What little bubble do you live in where you never had to even attempt to take any classes on, or stumble into discussion of literary analysis in any form?
>>
I'm starting to see backlash forming against the show because of how repetitive it is, making the slow pacing even worse since it's just generic characters saying and doing the same things every episode for half the season. Not even the few fights we've gotten have saved this series because of how lackluster it is. I'm also seeing people say how this show needs 50 episodes to tell it's story and how rushed it would have to be to finish it up in 25. That it won't be satisfying.

I'm expecting a lot of people to turn on IBO after it's done if we don't get the second season places like Gundamguy, Crunchyroll and ANN promised.
>>
>>13804124

Well, gimme your literary analysis framework instead of just pussyfooting around and calling my taste shit for no reason, Mickey. I'd like something more solid than an ad hominem and "it's bad because I say so".
>>
>>13804125
This is what happens with many mech shows that get popular with non mech fans

Most anime is written in a way to make everything seem super big and relevant so people get excited and hooked, but then they have no idea how to stick the landing. It doesn't mater cause at the time people get into it thinking all this stuff will mean something, it's only at the end they go oh wait well at least that start was good!
>>
>>13804129
>ad hominem
Well first of all, it's clear you don't know what that words means. Ad hominem doesn't mean "He hurt my feelings".

If you want an example, let's go with a very basic one: Pacing. Pacing is a very important aspect of story telling you need to balance regardless of medium. Introducing a long lost brother, then immediately killing him off for drama, or introducing a long lost brother only to have him immediately kidnap and then go through an ordeal with a main character, or giving a character a series of flashbacks to characterize them only to immediately kill them are all examples of poor pacing, because it assumes you're audience is too stupid to remember anything and tie events together unless you introduce a concept and then immediately blow your load.

Having your plot have events that are intuitive as a result of logical thought processes is also important. Contrivances and leaps in logic are universally seen as a bad thing. For example, why didn't the kids check their cargo? Why doesn't anyone know what Kudelia looks like? How did Kudelia alone survive the shootout? How did Fumitan teleport into the battlefield the second a bullet was going to fired and go undetected and why did the snipers run out of plot bullets? Stuff like that.

The last one is metaphors. Anime is a visual medium, and requires you to show metaphors. Visual symbolism takes some semblance of tact to pull off, and creating a visual metaphor (the flow fireworks) and then spending 2 minutes literally explaining the comparison to their lives instead of letting the audience draw connections is unacceptable, and shows that you assume your audience is actually retarded.

Hope that helps, and I hope you're not stupid enough to say "Well those important story telling aspects that have been discussed for centuries and scrutinized don't count because they're just an opinion."
>>
File: 1453817612522.png (769 KB, 1064x595) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453817612522.png
769 KB, 1064x595
>>13804129
>>13804154
Though not a story thing IBO also makes a huge problem for a visual medium, terrible animation and art quality. It even regularly fucks up perspective
>>
>>13804154

Ad hominem means attacking the person not the argument, anon.

I think you make some good points, especially about pacing, but they don't really clash too badly with the reasons why I enjoy the show. The fact that Guts meets his brother soon after mentioning him isn't going to impact the fact that I like Guts and his feelings about said brother.

As to your logic leaps issue, I agree that Fumitan moving so quickly was annoying but I think the other ones are easy for me to infer. The kids didn't check the cargo because they got it from their employers, and Orga swore a bond of trust with the Turbines and didn't think any more of it. It may have been foolish but I can believe the kids would do that. As to why nobody recognized Kudelia it's just an extention of the fact nobody gives a fuck about colonials, and they simply mistook a blonde-haired girl who arrived with the Tekkadan as another blonde-haired girl who arrived with the Tekkadan. The bullets thing they explicitly state that they'd be caught by the Gjallarhorn sweep but I think that answer wouldn't satisfy you.

There are metaphors in the show such as he ship gradually getting more lively as kids start drawing things on walls, but I agree it's a very talky show. However since my main interest is in character interaction it really doesn't bother me and in fact gives me more time to enjoy the cast talking to each other, so it's actually a plus in my book for now.

You've made a good case and I'm happy to admit that, anon.
>>
>>13804172
>Ad hominem means attacking the person not the argument, anon.
Ad hominem means attacking them IN PLACE of attacking the arguement. "You're an idiot, therefore you're wrong." is ad hominem. "You wrong, and you're an idiot." is not. Learn the difference.

>they don't really clash too badly with the reasons why I enjoy the show.
Because you have shit taste and like cheap melodrama.

>The fact that Guts meets his brother soon after mentioning him isn't going to impact the fact that I like Guts and his feelings about said brother.
Because you like cheap melodarama and have no standards for story telling.

>You've made a good case and I'm happy to admit that, anon.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's plenty more wrong with this mess of a show.
>>
>>13804177

Well now we're back to insults, so there isn't anything to actually discuss.

So what's a show that does pacing and visual metaphor well?
>>
>>13804172
>The fact that Guts meets his brother soon after mentioning him isn't going to impact the fact that I like Guts
> it really doesn't bother me
That isn't addressing the point or issues. "I like it anyway" doesn't add anything

> The kids didn't check the cargo because they got it from their employers, and Orga swore a bond of trust with the Turbines
That doesn't mean he should just be an idiot. Even if they trust them they should check cargo to make sure it is in good condition

>an extention of the fact nobody gives a fuck about colonials,
But they very much do give a fuck about Kudelia and image sources are there as one guy could recognise her from being on tv. No reason everyone else couldn't get that

>explicitly state that they'd be caught by the Gjallarhorn sweep
They literally had her in their sites and needed to pull the trigger. If that would take to long they they had no chance of getting out anyway

>gives me more time to enjoy the cast talking to each other,
You just liking people talking even if it is about something so basic again says more about you than quality.
>>
I dunno man, I guess it's because it has Gundam's name on it and most gundam fans have to suffer through anything with the name attached to it, like Seed Destiny, AGE, while I don't think IBO is as shit as those two. I just have no interest my interest in the show is dead, literally, Fumitan and Barbatos' design where the only reason I was interested, now I know Fumitan dies and I don't care much for that sort of stuff so I'm gonna drop it. I was planning on marathoning the whole season when It finished but now, I'm just not feeling it anymore.
>>
>>13804189
>That isn't addressing the point or issues. "I like it anyway" doesn't add anything

I think it does, because the show appeals to me because of that aspect, which is why I consider it "good". You don't really have a counter to that unless you want to explain to me why my interpretation of character is "not good".

>That doesn't mean he should just be an idiot.

But he's been established to be a dumb dork, that's who Orga is. He's way too earnest especially around women and his bro.

>But they very much do give a fuck about Kudelia and image sources are there as one guy could recognise her from being on tv.

The ones who mistook Kudelia were a few overworked salarymen and some beat cops, not the specifically-trained assassins and Gjallarhorn officers.

>They literally had her in their sites and needed to pull the trigger. If that would take to long they they had no chance of getting out anyway

It's more that the smoke was clearing and there was both military and media attention on the field. The rifle bullet would have been more noticable.

>You just liking people talking even if it is about something so basic again says more about you than quality.

It says I'm more interested in an enjoyable cast that interact well than I am with nitpicking about cargo deliveries and office workers?
>>
>>13804177

Something I'll never understand about this board is the incessant need to make disagrerements personal. Calling people retards, berating people for having shit taste, it's all just pretentious bullshit.

It's a fucking tv show.

These threads inevitably dissolve into useless pissing matches between people who in most cirucmstances ought to get along. We all like giant fighting robots! For a lot of people, this board and others like it are about the only places where they can find people who share their interests. Is it really worth it to berate someone over a disagreement in taste? What purpose does that serve? To prove one side is better or that something is Objectively Good/Bad?

Let's just be bros. He likes the show? Great! Good for him. Hopefully the remaining episodes bear out and he can walk away with a feeling of satisfaction. You don't like the show? That's ok too! Sorry this season doesn't appeal to you. Maybe the next one will be better.

There's no reason for anyone to get militant over shit like this. It might be trite, but what this board seriously needs is a fucking huge dose of UNDERSTANDING.
>>
>>13804208
UNDERSTANDING is for faggots
>>
>>13804204
>I think it does
not when the whole point was
> gimme your literary analysis framework
Saying yeah but I like it is not a worthwhile response to that

>dumb dork
You mean the guy who's plans up till then have always worked incredibly well even when ballsy? No he is not dumb and had done very well till the show just made him have a lapse in logic there like it has done to many other characters

>not the specifically-trained assassins and Gjallarhorn officers.
You mean the ones who mistook atra for her? Cause that is even stupider, She is their maiden of the revolution yet only one guy had apparently seen what she looks like. Not only does that not make sense but brings up how exactly did she get so popular? What were they exposed to and why were many never given a picture?

>there was both military and media attention on the field.
Mika was able to walk up, have a conversation and drag her away with no interruption. They had already taken one shot in that situation so two would not make it any worse and they'd actually complete there mission

> enjoyable cast that interact well
What is well written about them repeating and over explaining?

>nitpicking
And you wonder why people just insult you? These are just some examples of why important story beats don't work logically
>>
>>13804219
>average /m/ retard
I miss when there were less of you
>>
>>13804250
Only a retard thinks UNDERSTANDING can bring the best of /m/.
Even hamanfag mod knows what's up.
>>
>>13804235
>Saying yeah but I like it is not a worthwhile response to that

You reckon? I think it's a subjective aspect specifically for this discussion. You say that X is bad, but I say Y negates X's impact so for me X doesn't seem as bad. I'm not really challenging you on X's issues, just that my response to them (which is subjective) is lessened because I get Y.

>You mean the guy who's plans up till then have always worked incredibly well even when ballsy?

But that's not inconsistent. Orga is great in battle but flubs it in moments of peace. It's easy to understand and fits with his situation of being a child soldier with little experience in the world outside of conflicts.

>Not only does that not make sense but brings up how exactly did she get so popular? What were they exposed to and why were many never given a picture?

She was popular on Mars which is why the Martian garrison took an interest, the only people who knew about her were the Dort colony workers who believed that she was their military supplier, so it's entirely feasible for her not to be recognized by laymen.

>Mika was able to walk up, have a conversation and drag her away with no interruption. They had already taken one shot in that situation so two would not make it any worse and they'd actually complete there mission

Mika wasn't someone whose existence was supposed to be secret, though. Gjallarhorn already knew Tekkadan was there, not that there was a secret team of snipers from an unknown faction in a building nearby.

>What is well written about them repeating and over explaining?

I'm not really talking about the expository dialogue but the playful, down-to-earth stuff, like Ride and the kids, Mika setting off Kudelia's dere alarm, Atra trying to wrap her head around polygamy, Orga being teased by Merribit, gayboy being jealous, bridge bunny squabbles, etc

I like that.
>>
>>13804265

I was being snarky, bro, but thanks for helping me make my point.

OP's post was obvious flame-bait, and I get that some people like doing shit like this for attention or just to stir up controversy, but threads like this just tend to bring out the worst in people. The sad thing is some people can't stand the thought of others having fun without them, and don't think twice about coming in to shit all over the party.

I'm probably just naive, but I know this board is capable of much more than that.
>>
>>13804269
>You say that X is bad, but I say Y negates X's impact so for me X doesn't seem as bad
Again, that is not a good response as it is not responding to the point. It adds nothing to teh discussion as you are not discussing the point.

> but flubs it in moments of peace
When has that happened before? He's done very well in moments of peace up till then including taking over CGS, rewarding the boys with food/drinks, negotiations with the mafia, negotiations with prisoners and planning for moves.

> the only people who knew about her were the Dort colony workers who believed that she was their military supplier, so it's entirely feasible for her not to be recognized by laymen.
See the problem is you just don't think very logically. How did she get popular, what was the actual process. She has apparently been on TV so that could be it, yet only one guy had seen her and not even teh military pulled the image despite her being a high profile target.

>Mika wasn't someone whose existence was supposed to be secret
That doesn't mater cause if
>there was both military and media attention on the field.
a boy now walking in the middle of the field and drawing attention to himself and someone just featured prominently on tv identifying herself as Kudelia with the speech she was forced to do would draw attention
> Gjallarhorn already knew Tekkadan was there
Then that would be even more reason to rush to arrest a boy in their uniform

You still have also not addressed the majority of points I bring up with these instead trying to direct it towards something else.

>own-to-earth stuff, like Ride and the kids, Mika setting off Kudelia's dere alarm, Atra trying to wrap her head around polygamy, Orga being teased by Merribit, gayboy being jealous, bridge bunny squabbles
But that is a huge minority of the dialogue meaning you have to shift through everything else for it. That is also not particularly special and you'd get more of in generic SoL shows.
>>
>>13804312
>Again, that is not a good response as it is not responding to the point. It adds nothing to teh discussion as you are not discussing the point.

What's there to discuss? You said X, I agreed.

>When has that happened before?

Teiwaz onwards.

>How did she get popular, what was the actual process.

She made some political speeches on Mars. Why would that matter on Dort?

>a boy now walking in the middle of the field and drawing attention to himself and someone just featured prominently on tv identifying herself as Kudelia with the speech she was forced to do would draw attention

But the attention is supposed to be on Kudelia and Tekkadan in order to make them martyrs and ferment a rebellion. If Gjallarhorn discovered a sniper team and that news reached the media it'd ruin the narrative of Kudelia tragically dying in a protestt that lardo wants.

>But that is a huge minority of the dialogue meaning you have to shift through everything else for it. That is also not particularly special and you'd get more of in generic SoL shows.

I don't think it's as big a minority as you think. I'm not really up for sifting through and counting minutes at 1:15AM so I'll concede the argument if you want.
>>
>>13804285
Naive faggot
>>
IBO reminds me of Gundam Wing but with less crazy people
>>
>>13804328
>Teiwaz onwards.
negotiations with prisoners, planning what to do with new brewer cargo including MS planning and for moves. The worst that happen was he had a moment of not being sure about funerals but very easily agreed it was best for his men.

>Why would that matter on Dort?
She is there maiden of the revolution. That has been a huge plot point over the last few episodes as is her being a target by two other groups.

>But the attention is supposed to be on Kudelia and Tekkadan
Yet Mika and Kudelia can easily have a conversation there with no disturbances despite you and me both pointing out they were looking for her. If they would react to another shot they would react to the girl they want and a enemy soldier
>If Gjallarhorn discovered a sniper team
I have already explained that
>They had already taken one shot in that situation so two would not make it any worse and they'd actually complete there mission
They took the first shot in the same situation, it would be loud enough to draw the exact situation you claim, another one would not make a difference, they would complete the mission and as she was in their sites would not take any time
>>
>>13804186
>Well now we're back to insults, so there isn't anything to actually discuss.
I've called you stupid from the start, you're just now realizing that you were wrong in your usage of the term ad hominem (misusing a term to try to discredit me without knowing the term is what makes you stupid). There's nothing to discuss because you admitted to have no standards.

>So what's a show that does pacing and visual metaphor well?
Give Concrete Revolutio a shot and see if you can follow it. It's basically the opposite of IBO.
>>
>>13804367

Okay, you've convinced me. I admit defeat. IBO is terrible and I'm a bad person for liking it.
>>
>>13795557
Woah I found the retard.
>>
>>13804376
There is no need to throw a hissy anon. You asked for points and got them yet have just pushed them around in circles
>>
>>13804381

Actually all you've really done is pulled the old "this is dumb and makes no sense" "but it does make sense because blah blah blah" "it's still dumb" runaround.

It's the same shit from Reco threads and 00 threads and so forth.
>>
>>13804204
>unless you want to explain to me why my interpretation of character is "not good".
The characters are one dimensional, haven't grown at all, and their interactions are shallow and repetitive.

>But he's been established to be a dumb dork
Incorrect. Did you forget how he outwitted Teiwaz to prove to them that kids shouldn't be looked down on?

>The ones who mistook Kudelia were a few overworked salarymen and some beat cops, not the specifically-trained assassins and Gjallarhorn officers.
That doesn't excuse them not knowing their target at all, nor does it excuse non of the workers on the colony save 1 recognizing her when she's supposed to be the revolutions maiden.

>It's more that the smoke was clearing
There was no smoke in their sight, nor was anyone around as evidence by Fumitan and Mika both casually strolling up to her with no interference.

>It says I'm more interested in ignoring bad writing because I think Mika of super cool!
Like I said, it's written for dumb teens, like all Okada shows.
>>
>>13804208
>I don't understand the very fucking essence of 4chan
If someone is an idiot, they get called an idiot. If you don't like that then fuck off to some other site. Ideas are judged on their merit alone her because of anonymity, this isn't a hugbox where your ideas have inherent worth and people need to be nice to you if you're being stupid.
>>
>>13804404

You're an idiot.
>>
>>13804407
Go gargle bleach, retard.
>>
>>13804398
You know what really annoys me about the character interaction? Mika and Orga have only had about 3 scenes of just them together, talking about each other and they were all in the first 6 episodes, 2 of which were just hey mika do the thing. They are meant to be super close, more than with teh other kids but both have spent more time around other characters at this point. There doesn't feel anything more special about them other than we are told they are super best bros.
>>
>>13804413

You first, shit-for-brains.
>>
>>13793894

This is actually one of the few Gundams I haven't felt embarrassed watching. I like the Barbatos, the more grounded world, and the lack of beamspam, as well as the MC who isn't a whiny beta bitch.

I gotta be level with you, though: All the 'Maiden of Revolution' shit is stupid as hell, but I guess it's a Gundam staple. I mean, has a modern revoution EVER worked out well for anyone? Just look at the Arab Spring.

It all means nothing when people are going to fire on you. And a gorgeous blonde figurehead is simply going to be raped to death, quite possibly by the urban poor who hate everyone above them like hell.

I kind of wish it was just child soldiers wading from one hopeless conflict to the next on Mars, however.
>>
>>13804417
>we are told they are
That's how everything in this show works, and it's why it's garbage.

>>13804422
Nah I'm good. I have too many anime that aren't shit like IBO to enjoy.
>>
>>13804426
You must be real insecure if you get embarrassed watching typical sci-fi fare
>>
>>13804434

It's not the typical sci-fi fare part, it's the unique Japanese peacenik wank and the...Well, the Gundam-isms that are the embarrassing part. You know, the usual complaints about why the protagonist has to fight and so on.

I mean, I'm watching this show because I want to see robots smash together. A protagonist who doesn't want to fight and kill is like Thomas Fucking Covenant: Someone who cannot get with the god damn program.
>>
>>13804426
>This is actually one of the few Gundams I haven't felt embarrassed watching. I like the Barbatos, the more grounded world, and the lack of beamspam, as well as the MC who isn't a whiny bet
If I hadn't read any further I would have just assumed this was shitposting pasta
>>
>>13804445
>I get embarrassed watching shows
Take your "it was so cringy!" shit back to /v/.
>>
I have this theory about why IBO's ratings are so damn low, Build Fighters. Think about it, AGE was so long ago and G-Reco aired as a late night anime. The Build Fighters shows are going to be the biggest point of reference for the children in the audience about what Gundam is. Kinda like how SEED painted people's opinions a decade ago.

They go from this bright, happy show about friendship and toys to IBO. Shows were things are always moving forward with fights all the time to one where people keep repeating themselves and there's like one fight every three episodes. Not to mention, Build Fighters had far better fights.
>>
File: 1453598556441.jpg (64 KB, 630x584) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453598556441.jpg
64 KB, 630x584
>>13804445
>the usual complaints about why the protagonist has to fight and so on.
So, typical sci-fi fare
>>
>>13804456

Oh, come on. Remember Gundam 00? EVERY ATTACK WAS A BEAM in the second season. Even the Raiser Sword was a giant beam. There were beams that combined to become larger beams. Shit was atrocious, and the movie was just stupid.

AGE was a hilarious clusterfuck. After G-Reco, which I didn't watch because I couldn't understand the show at all, I was about to give up on the franchise until Thunderbolt.
>>
>>13804466
I don't think it is really to do with BF, it is just IBO is boring in itself it didn't need any help
>>
>>13804479

Serious question: What's wrong with IBO? I don't understand why the show seems to be attracting so much shitposting, while people will defend G-Reco to the death. I must be really dumb, because nothing about G-Reco made sense to me.
>>
>>13804484
>What's wrong with IBO?
Read the fucking thread.
>>
File: 1448171617025.png (238 KB, 355x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448171617025.png
238 KB, 355x293
>>13804463
No thanks cuck, you can keep that normie shit
>>
>>13804484
Put simply, they rely far too much on expository dialogue in a visual-based medium
>>
>>13804491
Ah sorry, you're from /r9k/.
>>
File: 1446503517271.jpg (31 KB, 408x595) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446503517271.jpg
31 KB, 408x595
>>13804484
Read the thread

But to sum up. Lack of development, lack of story progress, questionable to illogical points (story and characters), multiple big convinces which are sometimes repeated, Kudelia, lack of fights yet obviously not much content to fill show, exposition which is often repeated, failure to explore the base concepts that initially interested many and horrendous animation
>>
>>13804509

So every Gundam, then.
>>
>>13804513
Love this meme.
>>
>>13804474
>After G-Reco, which I didn't watch because I couldn't understand the show at all
So, you didn't watch a show and are now complaining you didn't understand it?
>>
>>13804466
Try has the worst tv ratings. The ones who are watching any gundam are clearly streaming using bandai channel and sunrise's proprietary services. The amount of attention and popularity doesnt match the number of people watching on tv
>>
>>13793921
'Sup Wingfag
>>
>>13804552
>clearly
how is it clear, post numbers. Oh wait you can't as you don't have any.

>amount of attention and popularity
How are you judging this? Cause ANN wrote an article praising it? not even very popular on MAL >>13795036 >>13795058
>>
>>13793894
it is the mere exemple of a show who got something...the nothingness and the plot is awful...as always
>>
>>13804513
Nice meme fucktrumpet.
>>
Can't /m/ just get rid of these shit sites?
>>
>>13804743
We don't have hackers. Plus MAL I can tolerate, Anime Suki is the casual sewer that needs to fuck off.
>>
>>13804484
>nothing about G-Reco made sense to me.
IBO makes less sense than G-Reco.
>>
>>13804754
>We don't have hackers.
How is that even fucking possible?
>>
>>13804760
/m/ is full of idiots, don't you know?
>>
>>13804760
Mods are impotent/nonexistent so they don't even bother.
>>
>>13804760
This >>13804765
So /m/ would have to ask another board's hacker to do something and /m/ has too much pride/sloth to bother asking.

I also second Anime Suki.
>>
>>13793894
It sounds fuck retarded, never even gave it a chance.
>>
>>13804754
>>13804770
Can I third? Holy fuck they masturbate to talk scenes.
>>
>>13804780
Them and Mecha Talk. Well, what little of them still exists.
>>
>>13804760
/m/ is literally one of the most divided places on the internet, nobody can agree on anything here whatsoever. We're too small to make a different but too big to come together. We're like Chaos in Warhammer.
>>
>>13804770
Well actually all /m/ has to do is fire LOIC, except there wouldn't be enough people here who care and they'd probably balls it all up and get caught by feds, so yeah.

LOIC was designed to literally be idiot proof. But you need a lot of people firing it, and I don't know if it's as useful as it once was on today's Cloudflare age of anti-DOS network design.
>>
>hacking
For the love of fuck /m/, just get Web of Trust accounts, give these sites red ratings, and state that they can't handle different opinions under unethical practices. These places are forums, you can likely pull the cyber bullying card on them, it ain't hard.
>>
People will forget about it , just like every AU besides G gundam.
>>
>>13804833
B-b-b-b-b-but anon that is actually easy and legal!
>>
>>13804833
>These places are forums, you can likely pull the cyber bullying card on them, it ain't hard.
Can we really do that?
>>
>>13804855
Every forum with a few years under its belt has dirty secrets admins like to keep under wraps. All you need to do is do some digging, be it screen shots or testimony, and that's all that is needed. Casuals hates cyber bullies and will likely stay away, slowly degenerating the board.
>>
>>13804873
As a former admin on a small forum once I can testify there is proof to this.
>>
What the hell are we talking about and why?
>>
>>13804873
Better: Catch staff breaking their own rules, record that shit, and then spread it around. Guanche did it on his own board, the place has lost members since. Leadership instability is also a massive turn off for casuals.
>>
>>13804892
Shitty anime boards because casuals flock to them. Someone proposed hacking, that was shot down, now Web of Trust is mentioned.
>>
>>13804892
some website is triggering them so they're crying
>>
>>13804900
>a massive turn off for casuals.
And Tumblrinas
>>
>>13804833
Get enough disgruntled banned people to ban together and rate 'em the fuck down. Problem solved.
>>
>>13805015
There ain't enough of them
>>
>>13804484
IBO is basic and straightforward. Since it's intended for kids, there are some contrivances and coincidences that you're not supposed to think about too much. The same vanguard that revelled in calling everyone who mentioned G-Reco being vague are now deriding IBO for being straightforward.
Sure, there were massive logical fallacies in Reco also, and in fact in every other Gundam to be perfectly honest. The coincidences of Akihiro's brother and Biscuit's brother being mentioned for the first time immediately before they become momentarily central to the plot is really no worse than Reco expecting us to believe that a highly advanced society which relatively recently built an orbital elevator would actually believe that supernatural curses would befall you for breaking the rules of the church that inexplicably revolves around an elevator. For all of the intellectual posturing of the Reco fanbase, the very existence of SuCord is weapons-grade stupidity with no rational explanation for why it's seen as a religion and not a bureaucracy.
Then there's Kamille's highly implausible tolerance of Rosamia's behavior, everyone in Wing failing to notice that Dorothy is a gibbering psychopath, a random southern belle not only looking but sounding exactly like the queen of the fucking moon (lol what are accents?), Celestial Being pulling in a total outsider instead of promoting a sniper/pilot from within their organization JUST because he looks exactly like the sniper who died, every instance ever of the military not seizing the giant robot from the eccentric billionaire's father, giant robots having elbows and hands instead of turrets, etc, etc, etc.

But back to topic, the animation in Reco does seem to be cutting a LOT of corners. I don't mind the long-distance-QUALITY shots, but the rotating and panning still frames is a little excessive. Especially when a heavily shaded mobile suit does an axial roll and the shadows don't move at all.
>>
>>13805020
There is, just not enough UNITED ones.
>>
>>13804916
>>13804923
Why don't we do what we've always done and ignore other sites, and then ridicule anyone who brings them up here as an indicator of quality discussion out worthwhile opinions?
>>
>>13805069
That really doesn't work anymore
>>
>>13805075
Why?
>>
>>13805078
Nothing on /m/ works anymore, we're too divided and the old shtick has become tiresome.
>>
>>13805092
Outside of toku vs no toku, there's not much divide. Just a couple shitposters or the occasional retard.

People get worked up and argue, but the differences in opinions aren't huge.
>>
>>13805028
>the very existence of SuCord is weapons-grade stupidity with no rational explanation for why it's seen as a religion and not a bureaucracy
What? The whole point of SuCordism was to keep people from advancing too much and supplying them with the necessary energy. Religion works pretty well at spooking people; seems like a logical choice.
>>
>>13805092
When will /m/ learn UNDERSTANDING
>>
>>13805028
>only people that have seen Greco are complaining about ibos bullshit
>>
>>13805097
>there's not much divide
How new are you?
>>
>>13805099
It certainly worked for Salvor Hardin.
>>
>>13805124
I love how any time someone calls IBO shit, there's at least one idiot who tries bringing up G-Reco.
>>
>>13805099
>missing the point this hard
Choosing religion as a means for control makes sense.
People falling for it does not.
When you have an ignorant populous and an ancient structure you can pull that off. When you have a modern technological society that has records of when and how the tower was built, it makes absolutely no sense for anyone to see it as a church.


To put it another way:
The whole point of speed limits is to keep people from accelerating too much and provide them with reasonable safety. Would you EVER believe that driving onto certain DOT facilities in your car would get you cursed? You could argue that the belief in curses could be more effective than the threat of tickets and fines when it comes to getting people to obey the rules, but first you have to convince them that curses are a real thing.

Anyone over the age of five believing that an elevator can curse you for going into a dock is completely absurd.
>>
>>13802121
You put it perfectly
The villans are awful but they are just padding up to now. Hopefully we will have fleshed villains with the introduction of the char
>>
>>13805125
Go make a thread saying SEED destiny and IBO are better than 0079 and Turn A, TTGL is better than Getter Robo, CG is better than Sakuga, EVA is the best and most influential mech series ever, Mazinger is obscure and irrelevant, and A/Z was the best /m/ show in recent memory and let me know how it goes.
>>
>>13793915
Mika has literally none of the charm or appeal that either Heero or Setsuna do.
>>
>>13793921
Here we go again, it's this guy
>>
>>13805150
>When you have an ignorant populous and an ancient structure you can pull that off.
How do you know the populous isn't ignorant?

>When you have a modern technological society that has records of when and how the tower was built
How do you know the populous knows any of this?
>>
>>13805155
>You put it perfectly
No he didn't. He thinks Mika and Orga have good interactions. He's retard and just keeps saying "But I think those cute boys are all so cool!"
>>
M3 was more of a Gundam show then IBO is

Sasuga Okada
>>
>>13805163
Watch the first episode, these are questions given to a high school student. The fact that the Undernut was there to clear debris before the tower's construction, when the tower was constructed, and how it works are not even controlled information. To make matters worse, the people who seem to stick to these silly superstitions the strongest are the ones who work there and would therefore have more knowledge of the tower than the average person.
It simply makes no sense.
>>
>>13802491
He has slowly realized how emotional surpress he has become.
What I feel the show is building towards is an episode dedicated to how Mika and Orga met. And Mika was a crybaby before Orga started ordering him around
>>
>>13805186
>are not even controlled information
How do you know that? All you know is that they teach the capital guard this stuff and nobody in it seems to believe strongly in SuCordism.

Seems like you're just making an assload of assumptions to me.
>>
>>13805212
>and nobody in it seems to believe strongly in SuCordism
The grade-skipping whiz-kid main character who CONSTANTLY comments on everything being taboo believes in it. His mother also yells "OH MY SU-CORD!", makes references to the Capital Guard being "The Su-Cord faithful", etc, etc.
You obviously didn't PAY ATTENTION.
>>
>>13804139
You are an Idiot
That writing fashion is not exclusively to anime.
Look at Lost or Bojack Horsemen
Two shows that became utter garbage or Gold by the end of the show.
All TV shows are is a build up to a final act with sidestories exclusively told in each episode.
>>
>>13805186
These superstitions could have very well started out as simple guidelines and rules meant to keep humanity from destroying itself. It's all basic, common sense stuff when you look at it. But give it enough time and show it to be effective, it can take on whole new meanings for the people. It keeps them safe, it keeps them alive.

And you know we live in a world where Scientology is a thing, right?
>>
>>13805229
Since when is any of that strong indications of belief? People who don't even believe in god yell "OH MY GOD!" all the time.
>>
>>13804495
In the last episode they explained why Biscuits brother sold him out without there being any dialog between the two regarding it
>>
>>13805247
They did that in the episode before with dialog. Are you retarded?
>>
>>13805230
I would've pointed to X-Files. Too big to land a satisfying conclusion, too long running to afford putting it off any longer.

Admittedly the miniseries picked a great time to come around what with Mulder being pretty much right about everything in a post-Snowden world, but Chris Carter shows never seem to stick the landing at the end.
>>
>>13805168
They establish that Orga depends on Mika as much as Mika depends on him.
It is Kamina and Simmon. How do you not get it?
>>
>>13805240
>Scientology is a thing, right?
Yeah, we call that "thing" a tax shelter.
Also scientology is a hodge-podge of ancient superstitions filtered through 70's new-age thought. It doesn't revolve around a recently constructed freight elevator being sacred ground or conveniently unnamed forces cursing you for riding in it without church authorization.
>>
>>13793894
Normies, also it has "gundam" in its name.
There are actually a lot of people who only watch gundam but not other anime.
>>
>>13805246
Yeah, but they don't go "We can't do that, we'll get CURSED."
Which people in G-Reco actually do, if you pay attention. Not just Belliri, either.
>>
>>13805262
>>13805270
Nobody in the show is shown to believe in SuCordism beyond some vague superstitions and everyone breaks the taboo left and right.

I have no idea what you're trying to argue; the religion obviously doesn't have nearly as much impact on the shown characters as you're trying to make it sound.
>>
>>13805262
>Also scientology is a hodge-podge of ancient superstitions filtered through 70's new-age thought. It doesn't revolve around a recently constructed freight elevator being sacred ground or conveniently unnamed forces cursing you for riding in it without church authorization.

Except you keep forgetting that the orbital elevator isn't new. It's over a millennium old. That's plenty of time for guidelines to change into an actual religion.

And there's also a Jedi faith in real life.
>>
>>13805136
There is also someone who brings up Zeta, Wing, and Build Fighter.
It is almost they are comparing gundam to gundams
>>13805253
No they didnt. Biscuits brother just told him they need her to stop the rebellion but it was nit mentioned he was the union to richest the union leader was talking about
>>
>>13805279
>over a millenium old
>only 500 years after Turn A
>in the same place the Tree of Ades was
I don't think so, Tim.
>>13805276
>Nobody in the show is shown to believe in SuCordism
I'd love to post screenshots of people talking about not wanting to be cursed, but I deleted that horrible mess to make room for more porn.
I can name a few, like people commenting "You'll be cursed!" when they were fighting too close to Sankt Porto, or Belliri insisting that they try taking the elevator because it's taboo for ships to use the port at the top, or commenting about astronomical observation being forbidden, or whatever.
But you're going to keep believing what you want regardless of the evidence against you and I have other shit to do today. If you're even going "NUH-UH!" to people in Reco believing in Su-Cordism (when that was the fucking PREMISE of the show) then nothing I could say could make a dent in your faith.
>>
>>13805307
>people commenting "You'll be cursed!" when they were fighting too close to Sankt Porto
And they fought near Sankt Porto anyway. Fighting near civilians in space is bad for obvious reasons.

>Belliri insisting that they try taking the elevator because it's taboo for ships to use the port at the top
He just meant that they wouldn't be granted clearance to get the port at the top.

>commenting about astronomical observation being forbidden
And this one is obviously broken too.

>people in Reco believing in Su-Cordism (when that was the fucking PREMISE of the show)
G-Reco takes place in a time where Su-Cordism is increasingly irrelevant and on a decline. Ameria has been at war for like 2 decades beforehand, the Pope is blatantly a figurehead, and people are actively reverse engineering blueprints that break the Taboo.

Sounds like you're making a huge assload of asssumptions about a few off-hand comments from the characters and making it out to be more than it really is. There are a ton of people today that casually believe in God and follow some religion. There's no reason to believe most of the characters in G-Reco are any more than that.
>>
>>13805261
Yes. They told us that early on, and since then they haven't interacted.

>>13805293
>No they didnt.
Yes they did, watch it again. The workers say they have a man on the inside and biscuits brother freaks out about saving them from the planned massacre at the end.
>>
>>13805262
Where when you when this was discussed in the g-reco general?

SuCordism takes a couple of cues on the cargo cult from the aftermath of WW2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult
>>
>>13805293
There's a Zeta shitposter, a couple guys arguing about funniest autistic MC, AND and fucking no one talks about GBF. When talking about IBO, the only one people bring up I'd G-Reco to try to defend the shit story telling in IBO.
>>
>>13804445
It's amazing how you aren't embarrassed to watch the one Gundam show where all the characters act like stereotypical battle shounen characters stuck in a filler arc. The speech, mannerisms and expressions are all very generic and typical of anime. It's not totally elusive to other Gundam shows but this one has the most of it of any released the past 20 years.
>>
Because giant fucking robots man. Why the hell else do you watch any mecha anime? No one cares about plot, no one cares about drama. I just wanna see giant robots doing cool shit.
>>
>>13807085
>Because giant fucking robots man
Yeah, so why are people watching IBO?
>>
People like melodrama if it's not emo.
>>
>>13807283
>Idiots like melodrama
Fixed
>>
>>13807058
Who gets embarrassed watching anime of any stripe? Fucking own that you watch that shit. Oh, that's right, gotta be scared of what other people think. Ohhhhh noooo
>>
So did G-Reco level shitposting and non-discussion become the norm while I was away? Because goddamn.
>>
>>13793894
Because I love speeches about families senpai.
>>
>>13804743
You get rid of those shit sites and they start coming here en masse because they have no place left to go. I don't want Youtube comment tier posts on top of the retarded shit we already gotta deal with here on a regular basis.
>>
What do Japanese imageboard posters think of IBO?
>>
>>13807765
The 2ch thread shitting on it was one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
>>
>>13807085
>No one cares about plot, no one cares about drama. I just wanna see giant robots doing cool shit.

Have you actually watched IBO? There's one fight like every four episodes.
>>
>>13807771
Anything specific they're saying?
>>
>>13807779
There was a list of "10 things that let you know you're watching an Okada show" that made me laugh. And then lots of jokes about snipers not having enough bullets.
>>
File: charlaugh.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
charlaugh.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>13807833
Care to share the list of ten things?
>>
>>13804334
>Calling people names makes me big and strong!
>>
>>13807772
Episodes 1-3 - Mech Fighting
Episode 4 - Nothing
Episode 5 - Space Mech Fighting
Episode 6 - Nothing
Episode 7 - Space Mech Fighting
Episode 8-9 - Nothing
Episodes 10-13 - Space Mech Fighting (Not much in 10 or 13 though)
Episodes 14-16 - Nothing.
That's the actual breakdown of things. Looks like there will be a fight in episode 17, so, there is that.
>>
>>13807969
It was all horrendously animated, terrible perspective, awful movement and minimal choreography.
>>
>>13807850
It's not like I'm trying to watch anime or anything, but I'm always up for shitting on Okada. (note: this list is also for Hiroyuki Yoshino). It's a list of shit to be ready for with their shows.

1. The world and premise don't make sense.
2. Mysteries and foreshadowing are just for show. Don't worry about them.
3. Okada has her raging fujo homo delusions running wild, and Yoshino loves his old homos.
4. Outside of shitty romance, conversations and characters don't happen.
5. Have no expectations regarding premise building or foreshadowing.
6. And yet, expect lots of sly ero stuff and net flattery (don't really know what that net part means)
7. Have no expectation that's they'll actually tie scenes together properly.
8. Forget about understanding or having sympathy towards characters actions, emotions, or lines.
9. (this one also uses more Engrish words I'm not sure about. Something about giving up on the original anime work)
10. Be prepared to waste your time.
>>
Overheard on 2chan
"The plastic model kit sales are falling really fast."
"The use of terrible real-world events mentioned in the episode feel opportunistic."
"If Barbatos has so many spare parts, why not give them to the other suits?"
"I wonder if they'll uncensor the massacre on BD... feels wrong somehow."
>>
>>13808055
I'd like to see this citation
>>
>>13808055
"There's not enough MS combat, and when it does show, it's terrible."
"You only repair the Barbatos and let the Graze keep breaking?"
"Are fat MS hi-mobility in this universe?"
>>
>>13808088
http://zip.2chan.net/2/res/1447996.htm
>>
>>13808090
tl;dr
"More action!"
"Models aren't selling so well."
>>
>>13808055
What real world events? 0079 was literally WWII in space, can't say this was opportunistic.
>>
>>13808143
Beats the hell out of me. Maybe the Tiannamen Square thing?
>>
>>13808143
arab spring and it's still on-going effects.
>>
>>13808166
That's pretty weak. Being topical is actually a good thing as long as it is done well.
>>
>>13808179
Quite indeed; another squandered faucet there but what do you expect from Okada.
>>
>>13808055
>"I wonder if they'll uncensor the massacre on BD... feels wrong somehow."

You know, I felt this too. I saw that scene and was expecting the massacre for shock value alone. But then they pussied out.
>>
File: 1453887888246.jpg (24 KB, 511x287) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453887888246.jpg
24 KB, 511x287
Fumitan.
>>
>>13808329
I wonder if this scene made anybody cry.
>>
File: 1453887900083.jpg (43 KB, 511x287) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453887900083.jpg
43 KB, 511x287
>>13808329
Not Fumitan.
>>
File: 1453897357046.jpg (37 KB, 599x337) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453897357046.jpg
37 KB, 599x337
>>13808339
A bag of rice.
>>
>popular

It's only talked about because it's airing. Even people who like it admit it's bad (like me). I don't think it's going to become troll bait or talked about on /m/ really, everyone will just agree it's meh.
>>
>>13808338
It made my friend on irc do a crying face ;_;
>>
>>13808186
I like Okada a lot of the time. Even the badly written shows have other stuff that make it watchable/fun, but I'm only watching this because it's gundam, otherwise I'd drop it.
>>
>>13802018

Comparing protagonists, Flit and Asuno are much more likable than Mika.
>>
>>13808338
I teared up slightly but quickly got over it
>>
>>13808338
I was probably closer to it when chubby-chan died, but that might have just been over not giving her VA a better role than her and Naze haremite #6.
>>
>>13808238

I think one of the few things SEED did right was it shows the massacres outright.

Still, the only thing that was missing was female human debris. Where are my underaged female sex slave cum soldiers? We don't have our lalah yet.
>>
>>13808390

Unfortunately I can see this happening for IBO.
>>
>>13805150
>People falling for it does not.
>what is every religion ever
>>
>>13808566
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1452801565609.jpg (206 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452801565609.jpg
206 KB, 480x480
>>13808661
She needs to be happier.
>>
>>13808733
>you will never carry Atra around in your backpack like Yoda
>>
File: 1450234795184.jpg (148 KB, 750x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450234795184.jpg
148 KB, 750x900
>>13805307
You seem to have got way off the original point looking for anything to shit on still

It has been explained that religion is a good way of controlling people and that given the right circumstances people believe lots of things. If you want to say that makes no sense go look at all the crazy religions that do exist, and they don't have a monolith that provides for them. But people do still worship old shit that does fuck all for them, some idiots even believe stone henge has religious significances and we aren't even sure what the fuck it was for. You also forget how much it's power has waned. The only characters we see super into it still are Bellri, his mom and the pope, everyone else disregards it 90% of the time to build advanced tech and tread on holy ground only observing if for the seriously terrible stuff like shooting at the tower. This is like how many popular religions are today, total belief isn't common
>>
File: CVS2d79U4AA_MDu.jpg (57 KB, 599x588) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CVS2d79U4AA_MDu.jpg
57 KB, 599x588
>>13805336
> For example, some scholars, such as Kaplan and Lindstrom, focus on Europeans' characterization of these movements as a fascination with manufactured goods
>Since the modern manufacturing process is unknown to them, members, leaders, and prophets of the cults maintain that the manufactured goods of the non-native culture have been created by spiritual means
This actually lines up pretty well

Even
>. Notable examples of cargo cult activity include the setting up of mock airstrips, airports, offices, and dining rooms, as well as the fetishization and attempted construction of Western goods
Happens as they have those stone versions of old MS

>>13808661
>>13808733
>>13808789
Atra is the only character I like in this show and is some what well written. Even the whole pretending to be kudelia moment makes sense for her to try and is a good moment for her, just not for everyone to believe
>>
Holy. Fuck. You guys are so fucking autistic.

Am I the only person here that isn't a virgin?

Good god you nerds its anime about robots. Enjoy it or don't.
>>
>>13808808
No one really listens to Anthropology classes these days so it's really not a surprise that a lot of people miss references to Cargo cult for Su-cordism or the Burakamin for Kuntalas.
>>
>>13808817
>having sex to imply superiority
Get the fuck out of /m/ you autistic piece of shit
>>
>>13808893
The Burakamin always sticks out to me when people start complaining kuntalas make no sense. Especially when people try "but they look the same as everyone else so how do they know to be racist?" I mean what is this low tier racism these people know where they can only judge it by skin colour?
>>
>Giving a shit about any romantic angle except this one.
>>
>>13808927
Fuck all has happened with that. They have had two scenes where they were sort of dicks to each other and then Eugene when are you two fucking?
>>
>>13807560
>Who gets embarrassed watching anime of any stripe?
This guy >>13804445
>>
>>13808935

50 episodes nignog. Be patient.
>>
>>13808935
Are you autistic?
All their interactions have had an undercurrent of sexual tension so far.
>>
>>13808942
That wouldn't be an excuse even if it was

>>13808946
No it is just written with a trope people like to see go that way and probably will to pander, there relationship amounts to fuck all so far but another person to tell Orga he is doing a bad job, I guess Eugene, biscuit and Naze want to fuck him as well cause they said he was being stupid.
>>
>>13808808

Well fasto is not bad, but he is fat, and Chocolate Char is slowly starting to get better, but i guess you are right Atra is the only likeable character in this show, if they make her become a plot device i'm definitely gonna drop it.
>>
>>13808927

I'm not sure it goes both ways, writer has made a great effort to fujo bait and in the end all i can think about is "Yes we fuck the girls, we are manly boys, but deep iniside we love each other more than anything"
>>
File: quality char.png (95 KB, 264x177) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
quality char.png
95 KB, 264x177
>>13808971
I liked Guts and Biscuit but both there dumb brother stuff. Both those arcs have just been the worst

Char is okay I guess but we are like 16 episodes in and he is yet to do anything meaningful for the plot, just exposition and saying we are gonna do stuff. Also him planning to take Kudelia but then letting her run off and nearly get shot was kinda dumb, maybe he has another plan and was lying before?
>>
>>13808995

Yeah, Guts was fine too, but i guess bother arcs are the retarded way Okada has to show who their real family is or something like that. The sad part is that it got old the moment we knew Kudelia father wanted to kill her.
>>
its not that bad
>>
When is Vol 2 coming out? I'm curious how much sales are going to drop once people have to pay full price for IBO.
>>
>>13804359

Somewhat, but the lack of crazy people means less interesting things happen.

Yamagi going genocidal on a colony WHEN
>>
>>13809358
IBO is in a weird place where it would be way more interesting if it was a lot worse and stupider

Get everyone stupidly over emotional and constantly endangering themselves, the more petty the reason and dumber reason that MS are used for the better. Have Mika punch bad guys on the ground with Barbatos shouting some nonsense while Kudelia is the one to shoot Fumi. At least that would be entertaining.
>>
>manlets impregnating women
>manlets being virile enough to produce semen
>>
>>13809541

He is not a manlet, he is still a kid, i was 5'4'' when i was 15 and i reached 5'11'.
>>
>>13809551

you're still a manlet now tho
>>
>>13809581

You are either short like Mika and you hate the fact that she gets all those cute girls while you get only laughs or even worse you are tall and you hate the fact that a manlet get girls while you get your hand...

You should relax dude, it's not like it's real.
>>
>>13809665
>manlets
>opinions
>mattering
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>13793894
>Clearly it is not the mecha designs because they are awful as shit.
>>
>>13809394

My biggest problem is Mika, he's an extremely dull MC. Even Heero and Setsuna, while being autismal as well, had their breakdowns, character development, hidden depths, etc.

Sure, IBO still isn't over and Mika has time to develop but episodes keep piling up and he's still mostly the same.
>>
File: IBO.png (33 KB, 1156x383) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IBO.png
33 KB, 1156x383
>>13793894
>>
>>13809991
heero was an unbelievable character that's why he isnt any good but setsuna and 00 were just wing done right
>>
>>13810006
she's clearly a figurehead how is this hard to understand?
>>
>>13809991
Heero and wing in general had too many problems but it at least had extended moments of funny wtf. What does ibo have? A harem, that's about as crazy as it gets. Something about sex really gets weebs cooing

>>13810016
But she is also somewhat educated, had interestsince youth and organised a huge event. Even with a leg up she should be more knowledgeable, competent and confident
>>
>>13802018
As much as I don't want to agree with this its true
>>
anybody have that TV ratings chart?
>>
>>13810016
>I accept my revolution will bring death to a lot of people
>I will still keep going
She knows full well what she got into since those teiwaz episodes.

She has the evil empire following her ass since before they left mars, they're pretty much killing orphans every battle in order to get her, instead of staying safe on the ship until they reach earth she decides to go shopping, because she clearly needs some clothes for... something.
>>
>>13809827
But that's true, because they're too derivative of G-Reco and 00.
>>
>>13810009

I agree, Setsuna was a better character but Heero was a walking meme and that is enough to be better than Mika.
>>
File: fall of gundam.png (44 KB, 663x407) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fall of gundam.png
44 KB, 663x407
>>13810050
>>
This topic is ripe for reasons why IBO is so horrid, someone make screen caps and form a collage!
>>
>>13810056
g reco and 00 had great mech designs
>>
>>13810056
I kind of feel like IBO is a lot of left over designs, the series doesn't have a huge amount of cohesion in design and stuff like Garma's new MS look like a Greco suit
>>
>>13802018
I agree with this. AGE may be horribly executed, but that execution makes it fun to riff on. IBO is executed better, but it's just boring as fuck.
>>
>>13810169
It'd be nice if IBO actually develops a good hatebase
>>
>>13811060
I'm expecting it if the show doesn't get a second season. Even now, there's rumblings over the lack of action, poor animation, how it's slow pacing is made worse by them repeating the same things over and over, and how it can't wrap up it's story in 10 episodes. If the ending is rushed or underwhelming, expect massive butthurt.

I'm trying to start an IBO drinking game.

> Take a shot whenever Kudelia feels useless.
> Take a shot after every mention of Tekkadan being a family. (not recommended when watching multiple episodes in one sitting).
> Take a shot whenever Mika eats something.
> Finish your drink whenever an episode ends without a mecha fight.
> Take a shot for every mention of "these poor orphans."
> Take a shot for every mention of boobs.
>>
>>13810169
Why a collage? Anyone with a brain knows that it's shit.

>>13811060
But everyone who likes mechs already hates it.
>>
>>13811613
I like mechs and I'm willing to admit that you don't need to have a mech fight every episode to have a good show. Some anime is good despite not featuring mecha at all.
>>
>>13811467
>Down drink when someone mentions a new relative
>take a shot for an overly anime reaction
>take a shot when Orga is told he is a bad boss
>waterfall for exposition
>take a shot for obvious doujin pandering
>>
>>13812989
That's not what I was getting at, nor did I claim that you need a mech battle every episode.
>>
>>13811613
>Why a collage? Anyone with a brain knows that it's shit.
Anime Suki doesn't
>>
>>13814109
Anime Suki is where idiots go to read mistranslated spoilers about LN haremshit so they can shitpost on /a/. Why would anyone care about what they think?
Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 33
Thread DB ID: 475968



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.