[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this show stop being awesome and badass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: macross.jpg (542KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
macross.jpg
542KB, 800x600px
When does this show stop being awesome and badass?
>>
>>13793265
Episode 1
>>
>>13793265
Episode 8 is when people started going nuts over it.
>>
>>13793265
Look at Alto. Look at the smug look on that smug bastard's smug face. That fucker is ready to penetrate some fresh sky.__
>>
>>13793265
Some people don't like different parts of it, but I've not seen anyone who wasn't outright a troll who actually claims to hate the final battle of Macross F. Some good shit there, to the point where the movie's final battle (which had things like SURFING MACROSSES and EVERY MACROSS CANNON FIRES AT ONCE) is considered shit just because it has to be compared to the show.
>>
>>13793351

The show has some faults, but that final fight is fucking god tier.
>>
>>13793351
>EVERY MACROSS CANNON FIRES AT ONCE
I still can't believe the final shot with Michael's rifle was way more hype than this.
>>
>>13793265
I liked both girls so much. They genuinely didn't actually "annoy" me so much as they actually got shit in their own personal lives done and by the end of the series are emotionally healthy, stable people.

For an anime, that's fucking amazing. For having both girls as idols who are fan service bait, that's doubly amazing.

I'm sad myself that Frontier is now a legacy Macross when I remember watching it as it was airing so vividly, but I hope Delta is similarly as satisfying.
>>
>>13793381

The show just had incredible synergy between the final fight and the medley music. Alto and Brera flying in and unloading all weapons in concert and one after the other was just too good.

Not to mention the double Daedalus Attack. After the drought of ship-vs-ship in 7, Zero, and Plus, few things can top a fight with good sequence and progression put in. Frontier's final blow against Galaxy wasn't much of a tactical fight, but it was still the first time in Macross that two Battle-class vessels were pitted against each other.

Shit, when Wilder shouts Macross Attack followed by the medley winding up after its complete stop earlier, I can still feel chills going down my spine.
>>
What other mecha finales are on par with Frontier's? A friend and I were discussing it, and we couldn't really think of anything.
>>
>>13793493

While the show itself was medicore, I am a pretty big fan of the final fight of Star Driver. It does a good job of escalating the direness of the battle in stages for nice payoff, and all in all just looks really pretty.
>>
>>13793493

Build Fighters' pseudo-finale battle is a contender to that spot for a lot of the same reasons as Frontier's. At least for when the characters are doing their damn best to break into A Baoa Qu, and when Chinan and Ramba appear on-scene. The choreography matches to a space T and little actions like Kirara's Gebera Tetra running out of ammunition and Fenice Rinascita forced to transform and dodge in Flight mode adds to the scenes a lot.

Try Fighters... not so much.
>>
>>13793493
I really like 0079's finale.
>>
>>13793493

Depending on what you count as a finale, I nominate Godannar. The last episode is an epilogue, but the four leading up to that are basically one movie-length final showdown loaded with more Super Robot goodness than most entire shows in the genre.
>>
>>13793493
Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector
>>
>>13793265
Never
>>
>>13793493

Gunbuster
G Gundam
Venus Wars (the very end, not the last fight)
Royal Space Force Wings of Honeymayonnaise
Armor Hunter Mellowlink
0080 War in the Pocket
>>
>>13793493
Macross 7's of course
>>
>>13794563
Look I love 7 but unless you're talking about Dynamite 7 that's just not true.
>>
>>13793493
Heroic Age.
>>
File: 1415586379872.jpg (319KB, 538x745px) Image search: [Google]
1415586379872.jpg
319KB, 538x745px
>>13793477
>Shit, when Wilder shouts Macross Attack followed by the medley winding up after its complete stop earlier, I can still feel chills going down my spine.
Oh that moment was hype incarnate
>what 'bout my star
>followed by dual macross attack to Galaxy's cannon and crotch
Perfection.
>>
>>13793493
>What other mecha finales are on par with Frontier's?
Gundam SEED Destiny
>>
File: 1452936060341.gif (404KB, 225x204px) Image search: [Google]
1452936060341.gif
404KB, 225x204px
>>13797230
>FLAWLESS VICTORY
>Nobody important dies
>Boring as fuck
>Nothing gets resolved
It fits like a glove!
>>
>>13793351
>but I've not seen anyone who wasn't outright a troll who actually claims to hate the final battle of Macross F.
You need to lurk more.
>>
>>13797160
SECOND-FUCKING-DED

Heroic Age's finale is incredible
>>
Frontier is absolute perfection until episode 7.
>>
>>13793493
>What other mecha finales are on par with Frontier's?
A flashy shallow spectacle with no sense of tension or levity with no resolution on the same level of a generic summer blockbuster? Aldnoah Zero S2.
>>
>>13795445
>flower girl finally gives basara his flowers
>sivil singing
>mountain listening to songs
Ok pleb
>>
>>13797314
I never said it was bad, the end of the series just really started to drag for me after the high point that was Lux. It was just Try Again's refrain repeated a thousand times ultimately in the end instead of something musically more interesting.
>>
>>13793493
dyrl
akb
snw
>>
>>13797286
>WAAAAAH! STOP HAVING FUN OR I'LL SHIT MY DIAPER!
>>
>>13797524
>WAAAAH I WANNA EAT SHIT! WHY DON'T YOU WANNA EAT SHIT TOO
>>
>>13797591
But you're wrong.
>>
>>13793477
The lead up to that though.
>What Bout My Star's countdown section
>Reach zero
>Suddenly Battle Galaxy
>Main cannons are damaged!
>Koenig Monster flies in and blasts Galaxy in the face
>MACROSS ATTACK
>WHAT BOUT MY STAAAAAAARRR
>IKINOKORITAI
>IKINOKORITAI
>>
>>13797836

Best part of the episode right there. And thats no small feat.
>>
>>13797597
I'm not. You definitely are.
>>
File: 1451786092203.jpg (55KB, 535x770px) Image search: [Google]
1451786092203.jpg
55KB, 535x770px
>>13797894
But you are the one who is the wrong one.
>>
>>13797894
>>13797899
Ladies ladies, you're both pretty
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.