[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's this ? Some people say it's a "trainwreck"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

How's this ?
Some people say it's a "trainwreck"
>>
File: knowledgeistaboo.png (2MB, 1276x2878px) Image search: [Google]
knowledgeistaboo.png
2MB, 1276x2878px
>>13790669
It's my favourite modern mecha anime.

But I'm also the first to admit that it's also flawed in some ways.

It's a trainwreck in the sense that the story is bonkers, but as a whole, it's still way more coherent than something like Samurai Flamenco.

Just watch it and make up your own mind.
>>
>>13790669
This is the main flaw of shin mazinger
>>
how about you watch it and find out you cuck
>>
File: n96sqgUVZH1r9l7xlo1_500.gif (133KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
n96sqgUVZH1r9l7xlo1_500.gif
133KB, 500x343px
Shin Mazinger is the super robot equivalent of Code Geass, and mecha equivalent of Death Note.

To explain the story in 4chan terms without spoiling anything, Shin Mazinger is about a show where everyone thinks they're the ultimate keikaku doori master, EXCEPT their emotions get the better of them.

This results in trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls, and you're not sure what's going on anymore. It's a show that you need to watch back to back. It's also not an action anime in the traditional sense. It has action, but it's hardly ever the most important thing that goes on in this show.
>>
I wish it were a Mazinger series, but I guess the people who make Dynamic Pro anime hate me because the only good ones since 2000 are SvN, Mazinkaiser, and SKL.
>>
It's wonderful. One of Imagawa's best works, and quite possibly my favorite anime.

Shin Great never.
>>
>>13791967
>what is Kotetsushin Jeeg for 500
>>
File: 1451505766688.jpg (55KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1451505766688.jpg
55KB, 303x311px
>>13791985
I never really liked Jeeg, so I didn't watch it.

I mean there's an obscene amount of stuff that hasn't been translated, but somebody needs to apologize for Re:Cutie Honey and Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>13791967
>I wish it were a Mazinger series
Except it was

Fuck off spic
>>
File: 1452956134942.jpg (140KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452956134942.jpg
140KB, 624x960px
>>13792031
You made a sincere attempt. I'd recommended going straight for the "Toeifag" or "the manga is shit" cards next time, but at least you tried and that's what's important.
>>
>>13792050
>Shin MAZINGER
>>
>>13790726
>Shin Mazinger is the super robot equivalent of Code Geass, and mecha equivalent of Death Note.

this explains a lot of the fan base of this shit show
>>
>>13792106
>I don't know what "figuratively" means
You're really terrible at this English thing. I'd go so far as to say you don't speak it at all. I don't speak Spanish or Italian, but we could probably communicate through Google Translate.
>>
>>13792108
not really
>>
>>13792178
Oh, spic, we both know you're fluent in whatever backwater language you speak.
>>
>>13790726
>Shin Mazinger is the super robot equivalent of Code Geass, and mecha equivalent of Death Note.
Eh, I'd say Giant Robo had more trolling. Both the characters and the audience, as a matter of fact. Imagawa sure likes his misunderstood scientists and endless teasing of future adventures that will never come.
>>
>>13790669

It's impossible to watch it just once.

Literally, impossible. There's so much recap that by the end of the series you will have seen every single scene 6-8 times at least, fully uncut every time. There are maybe 4 episodes of actual content in this 26 episode series, they just stretch it out by repeating the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and then when they're done with that they'll have characters stand perfectly still and talk about it for ten minutes, and that scene will always been played in full twelve fucking times.
>>
>>13792554
I have to call you out because you're spouting bullshit as usual.

The show had a single recap episode, and that was episode 22. Episode 6 wasn't actually a recap, since it was new footage. Other than that, the only scene that got repeated was Zeus' scene but that didn't repeat nearly as much as you're saying. Just say you're here to shitpost. Nothing else could save your post in the face of so many lies you just spouted.
>>
>>13791984
SHUSH. GREAT HEN WILL COME TRUE! IT'S OUT THERE...

It's out there... just like the Giant Robo sequels...

A̶q̶u̶a̶r̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶M̶P̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶q̶u̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶i̶t̶.̶.̶.̶
>>
>>13792613

Do not believe this idiot. Every single episode spends over half of its runtime recapping the previous episode. Now you might be saying, "That isn't even possible. That would mean that each episode's recap includes part of the previous episode's recap, recapping shit that happened at least two episodes ago."

Exactly. It's just the same footage over and over, there is, if you're lucky, a few minutes of new content per episode. Cromartie High has more new frames of animation per episodes than Shin Mazinger does. Every episode is a recap episode, even the first one, against all logic and reason.
>>
>>13792652
Anyone who reads this post; don't. This guy is a blithering retard.

>over half of its runtime
Holy shit you're a retard. First off, it doesn't recap half of its runtime. What the fuck are you on? Second, RECAPS ARE NORMAL YOU FUCKING IDIOT. IT'S WHAT MOST TV SERIES DO. I can't believe you're actually calling this a bad thing. Audiences need to be aware of the last episode, but that recap itself barely takes 1/10 of the episode runtime. At this point, I would choose to drink poison. Sometimes, there are opinions I disagree with, sometimes, there are people like you who are spouting made up bullshit. Get a brain, and stop shitposting for the sake of it.
>>
File: Mazin_Revenge__by_aoimaru2.jpg (290KB, 900x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Mazin_Revenge__by_aoimaru2.jpg
290KB, 900x1274px
>>13790669
Haven't watched this show yet, but today I will remind them
>>
>>13792652
>Do not believe this idiot.
Oh, and I've seen the show several times. I'm way more qualified to know its runtime than you do. The part about watching the same thing 12 times is a fucking lie. Not even the Zeus scene repeated that many. It's the biggest made up bullshit I've seen so far coming from /m/, and I've been here for a really long time.

I've got entire episodes sitting on my HD now, but that won't be necessary, considering your'e acting like a retard just for the sake of it.
>>
>>13792652
>Every episode is a recap episode, even the first one
Okay spic, I know it's you. Nobody can be that stupid. Come on now.

You need to learn what the word "recap" actually is. You can't recap something that didn't exist yet, and here you're looking for episode 0.
>>
>>13790669
It's a lie.
There were no trains involved at all.
>>
>>13792681
>your'e

>>13792674
WHY WOULD YOU REMIND US THIS EXISTS
>>
>>13792712
For all of the Eva fans out there
>>
File: jack04_238.jpg (240KB, 808x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack04_238.jpg
240KB, 808x1200px
Needed Violence Jack.
>>
>>13792731
to be honest I'd watch something like shin getter fucking shit up in EoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDYsHT45qec
>>
File: 1430457860406.jpg (3MB, 1530x3030px) Image search: [Google]
1430457860406.jpg
3MB, 1530x3030px
>>13792731
Nobody hates Eva more than the spics
>>
>>13793503
This is sad.
>>
>>13792668
>>13792681

Most TV shows are rightly criticized for recaps. It's a blatant budget-saving measure that treats the audience like they're a bunch of idiot children. Dragonball Z gets criticized all of the time for how much time they waste on recap, and that's child's play compared to what Shin Mazinger does.

Most episodes of Shin Mazinger aren't even really episodes, they're just prolonged recaps followed by prolonged "Next time on Dragonball Z!" segments, and then to make it even worse that shit doesn't even happen next time, it's just the same teasers again followed by new teasers for the same events that take four fucking episodes to finally happen. It's so padded that it will make you yearn for something that is merely as abysmal as Gundam SEED. At least Gundam SEED took the effort to recolor their footage and pretend that it was new footage. Shin Mazinger just uses the exact same scenes again without even changing the context of it.

If I'm being generous, and I am in a giving mood, I'd say the average episode is 60% recap, 33% teaser, and 7% actual episode. That's almost 2 whole minutes of new content per 22 minute episode!

But I can see why they thought you would need all of this to follow the super-complicated plot, which can basically be summed as, "I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew..." so on and so forth. It's like when little kids argue on the playground that, "Nuh-uh! My guy would totally win because he would see your invisible missiles coming and have an anti-invisible-missile force field that would stop them and then he'd shoot SUPER-invisible missiles and blow up your guy!" It's the kind of garbage that would be the punchline of a joke in Looney Tunes, and yet somehow Shin Mazinger thinks that it's a real plot that is not only worthy of being taken seriously, but more interesting than either character development or actual robot fights.
>>
>>13793833
Thats a nice copy paste from MAL
>>
>>13793833
fuck off already
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.