[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Family Matters /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: family-matters-urkle-robot.jpg (26KB, 266x215px) Image search: [Google]
family-matters-urkle-robot.jpg
26KB, 266x215px
Is Family Matters /m/?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: 634634.jpg (316KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
634634.jpg
316KB, 1280x720px
It takes a lot to make a stew
>>
> that episode where Urkle builds a machine that alters his form from geek to suave as fuck and becomes the ultimate pussy magnet
>>
>>13791639
That same machine once turned him and Carl into Bruce Lee.
>>
>>13791650
> confronts local Gang that terrorizes park
> uses machine to become Bruce Lee
> defeats gang and restores safety of the park for kids to play at peace
>>
>>13791689
>Steve beats up the Green Ranger
>>
>>13791639
And then towards the end he split into both his alter egos, so his nerd self could date nerd cutie and suave self could date normal cutie.
>>
>>13796268
Family Matters is best Toku
>>
>>13790538
YES YES YES YESY ESYSY YEYYSYYESYYEY!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1440x1080px
>>13796341
Please, Family Matters was trash compared to Pee Wee's Playhouse.

It had a better developed plot and character dialog. The designs of it's tokusuit and mecha was also pretty great.
>>
What would Carl pilot? A labor?
>>
>>13796774
Yeah, probably. He was a Chicago cop, he'd need one.

Remember that time that there was a racist cop who busted Carl's son Eddie for pretty much no reason and Carl talked to him and the cop was like, "Black kids wouldn't have been in that neighborhood if they weren't up to no good."

Family Matters could have some serious storylines sometimes when they weren't doing stories about Urkel building time machines and robots and shit.
>>
>>13796838
Older black sitcoms were pretty well done in how the showed life as a black family. you had episodes that tackled racism, but it was never a key topic to the series. and family matters was going by that same path. Urkle was comical relief and a nerd/geek before the whole concept of nerd culture ever crawled out of hot topics ass.
>>
>>13796838
It's moments like those that made me watch Family Matters. I really disliked how Urkel dominated the later seasons. This show was ahead of its time and it didn't preach about issues.

>>13797616
Exactly. Remember the episode in Fresh Prince when Will and Carlton got arrested for driving a Mercedes that belonged to their dad's business partner? It made you think when Carlton stubbornly believed in the system while Will pointed out that being black was why they were pulled over.

Carlton asked his dad about it and Uncle Phil's response about "I thought about that the first time I was pulled over".

It's amazing how black sitcoms changed since the 80's and 90's. I grew up on Gimme a Break, Cosby, Benson, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, Hanging with Mr. Cooper. You can't have shows like this anymore because the sociopolitical climate is toxic.
>>
>>13796295
>Myra was my biggest crush as a kid
>Her actress died soon after the show ended
>Steve was too pussy to hit it
>In real life Jaleel was trying to hit but her boyfriend came on set and checked him

She was too beautiful
>>
Remember the episode where that demon-possessed ventriloquist dummy terrorized the family?
>>
>>13797872
Yeah I remember hearing the news about that as a kid. Had no idea she dated Malcolm Jamal Warner and he was by her bedside.

You know, if it weren't for shows like this, I wouldn't have been exposed to how wrong bigotry is. I grew up under a working class white dad who absolutely despised minorities. My town was near white barring the token Native American or Hispanic. The episode where Laura wanted a class to teach Black history and some jerkwad wrote the N word on her locker shocked me. At the time, I thought teenagers would move beyond petty shit like that.
>>
>>13790538
let me tell you. Family Matters is no Small Wonder.
>>
File: superautomaticmachine.jpg (217KB, 498x720px) Image search: [Google]
superautomaticmachine.jpg
217KB, 498x720px
Is Sesame Street /m/?
>>
>>13797893
That thing looks like it could fuck up TTGL.
>>
>>13797895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpIS5iddctk
>"I am a machine that would be anything you like"

He can become anything. STTGL, Getter Emperor and Demonbane are all fucked.
>>
Remember when Family Matters crossed over with Full House?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiljoS4ChOk
>>
File: small wonder.jpg (28KB, 350x492px) Image search: [Google]
small wonder.jpg
28KB, 350x492px
best /m/ sitcom coming through
>>
>>13797854
>You can't have shows like this anymore because the sociopolitical climate is toxic.

Society has effectively done a 180 in regards to race relations to where now race identification and self-segregation are not only expected, but imposed under threat of being denigrated a sellout, Uncle Tom, coconut, or race traitor. Victim entitlement is now an excuse for low expectations and self-defeat, tearing down one's self along with others who try to overcome their own community's self-imposed limitations, and it's all thanks to counterproductive race politics like affirmative action.

>>13797883
>Native American or Hispanic
>or Hispanic
>race

You had one Native American and one Native American with a Spanish surname.

The liberal narrative has gotten so ugly and obsessive with political correctness and race pandering that now rampant stereotyping and willful ignorance, including the dated eugenist policy of labelling Hispanic a race not unlike Italian, Polish, or Irish were until half a century ago, around the time affirmative action disrupted and has since gradually reversed the assimilation process, are considered standard in mainstream low-information society.
>>
>>13798999
When the fuck did this become a politics board?
>>
>>13797883
>My town was near white barring the token Native American or Hispanic.

I wonder if minorities think growing up a homogeneous ethnic community is a bad thing too, or is it just a dumb white guilt thing?
>>
>>13798999
Dude, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>13797872
It could be worse. She was a muzzie and would have probably renounced her past works after the war on terror began.
>>
>>13798999
Hispanics being an actual race or not isn't going to stop white trash from hating them.
>>
>>13797854
>It made you think when Carlton stubbornly believed in the system while Will pointed out that being black was why they were pulled over.

Yeah, it couldn't have been due to the fact that they were teenagers or anything. This reminds me of when I had a black roommate in college who got his taillight busted by doing something stupid, and he didn't get it fixed for three months because he was lazy. Then when he got a ticket from it he kept crying about muh racism.
>>
>>13799034
/m/ - whatever you want to talk about, especially if it's /pol/ related
>>
File: check em.jpg (99KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
99KB, 800x666px
>>13798999
Triplets confirm truth

>>13799034
How new? There are always Zeon vs Federation, and Yang vs Reinhard threads daily.
>>
>>13799061
I can't speak for everyone, But as a black man I certainly did. Modern day urban neighborhoods are a fucking cesspool that will swallow you alive if you let it. I grew up around people that were so closed minded it honestly made me want to slam my head against the wall. If you watched, read, or listened to anything that wasn't made by black people you were labeled a coon or uncle tom. Trying to get an education? "nigga, all them big words are for crackers". I could go on all day but the point is holy fuck black culture is backwards as shit these days and it's only getting worse.
>>
>>13799127
>Zeon vs Federation, and Yang vs Reinhard
Those are actually /m/ related. This is just random shit that should be on /pol/ but will not be touched because /m/ is shit
>>
>>13799069
I think that is a fair compromise for her sexy ass being alive. Steve was so pussy. Laura was alright but Myra would have done ANYTHING he asked. She was pushing up on him so hard it was ridiculous.
>>
>>13799135
You actually do sound like an uncle tom or somebody who isn't black. I grew up in the ghetto and while a ton of people I knew died or were in and out of jail I didn't get shit on for reading, building computers, gaming or anything like that. I was actually told by a lot of the dudes on the block that I wasn't allowed to gangbang and they wished they hadn't started.
>>
>Laura
>Tsundere

>Myra
>Yandere
>>
>>13799135
>one or two niggas in middle/high school bullied you
>black culture a shit guys!

It's 2016, can we stop this meme that black people don't value education? There's a lot of black youth that think school is dumb, but lots of teenagers think school is dumb. But being educated != you not black is honestly a coon meme.

kill yourself m8, you probably not even black
>>
File: tekkadan's tekken values.jpg (258KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tekkadan's tekken values.jpg
258KB, 1280x720px
>>13790538
>Is Family Matters /m/?

Yes.
>>
>>13799034
Aren't most mecha anime especially Gundam about politics?
>>
>>13790538
Made my day op.
>>
>>13799066
This.
>>
>>13799181
This.
>>
>>13799066
You shut your fag mouth
>>
>>13791639
>episode

stefan was in a bunch of episodes, underage namefag.
>>
File: 1453598851667.gif (2MB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
1453598851667.gif
2MB, 270x180px
>>13799484
>>
>>13800000
*snerk*
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.