[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, uh... whose dick do I have to suck to get all of Iwamoto's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

So, uh... whose dick do I have to suck to get all of Iwamoto's Mega Man X series manga translated?
>>
>>13785381
Mega Man 7, X1, and X2 were the last good Megaman games. No, Zero is not an exception

There I said it
>>
>>13785391
X8 was surprisingly solid after how bullshit terrible X5, 6 and 7 were. It's still got problems, but it was a huge step in the right direction. Unfortunately it was too little too late.
>>
Are there even raws for the manga?
>>
>>13785381
Who is this original demon do not semen?
>>
>>13785391

Nintendofags are by far the worst people to discuss video games with. Always shitposting about games that aren't on their consoles.
>>
>>13785405
Yup. Raws for X - X4 are all released; it's just that no one's gotten off their arse and translated them. Dr. Neko's got all of them save for the last chapter of X1 translated, and all of X3 is translated, but it's a poorly done, barely comprehensible mess done by one guy who's native tongue is not english.

>>13785423
That would be Martei/Merti/Marty/however the fuck her name is actually spell because no one can settle on just one. She was made by Iwamoto as a love interest for X because at the time, Alia wasn't even a thing. She's a Mer Reploid that gets her body destroyed, b X builds her a new one, and then she gets progressively cooler/sexier bodies until that one.

She's also the leader of a band of sky pirates... for some reason. Shit's crazy, but in the awesome way.
>>
>>13785532
I should clarify; they've got all of X1 save for the last chapter TL'ed.
>>
>>13785391
You're an idiot

There I said it
>>
>>13785391
I remember X3 and X4 being pretty good. I never go to play the entries after that,
>>
>>13785391
You are completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>13785381
She doesn't look like she belongs in the X universe
>>
>>13785805
I know, right? My initial impression was "Someone wearing a skimpy Saint Seiya cosplay".

Not that I'm complaining, though.

Her previous forms, while a bit overdesigned in later incarnations, still resembled a reploid.
>>
File: IMG_20160123_195425.jpg (1MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_195425.jpg
1MB, 3328x1872px
Ayy, I got all of those translated in my native language.
The translations are quite off though for some of the robot masters names.
Boy do these take me back 10-15 years ago.
Also got the EXE ones by Takamisaki Ryou but they're incomplete.
>>
>>13785738
I actually liked X6 more than 4 and 5, despite all the stupid shit it did. At least it didn't have 4's godawfully dull Sigma stages or 5's... equally stupid shit. Outside of like a stage and a half I can enjoy X6, which is more than I cay say about those two.
>>
>>13785532
>because at the time, Alia wasn't even a thing

How I miss those days.
>>
ZX and ZXA are underrated. RIP.
>>
File: X3ride.png (3KB, 264x56px) Image search: [Google]
X3ride.png
3KB, 264x56px
>>13785738
X3 is honestly only good because of the sweet engine it inherited from X1 and X2. The implementation of Zero was so idiotic he might as well not even be playable. The music was also a downgrade from X1 and X2. The worst thing of all is that it's got way too much backtracking for its own good with the amount of areas blocked off by "keys". Boss weapons, armor upgrades, and ride armors all are used as ways of accessing new areas. This results in a situation where you have to revisit a previously beaten stage with an upgrade that requires that stage's boss weapon to get access to plus another boss's weapon in order to gain access to a ride armor that is only required for a chip (which you should avoid if you want the gold armor anyway). The excessive number of ride armors also means the devs felt the need to put in way more water in stages than typical for a Mega Man game. What I'm say is somehow Capcom gave us more options than ever in their games for having robots piloting mini-mecha and through their own incompetence it made the game worse.
>>
>>13785853
Personally, I wish Iwamoto got to do the games past X4; at least then it'd give him an excuse to bring Martei in more, since she was the "designated love interest" that showed up every so often, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the sky pirate Saint Seiya cosplayer get catty with Alia.

Meanwhile X is off crying about something and Zero is off somewhere, brooding.

God only knows he could only improve upon the travesties that were X6 and X7's plots.
>>
>>13785381
Is that a collaboration art with Cutie Honey or something?
>>
>>13785866
Weren't there only like 2 stages with any appreciable amount of water, one of which you had to kill a hidden boss with his weakness to even see?
>>
File: BrazilMega4.jpg (58KB, 390x304px) Image search: [Google]
BrazilMega4.jpg
58KB, 390x304px
>>13785884
Nah, that's the Brazilian Mega Man comic you're thinking of.
>>
>>13785884
No, that's art by the Mega Man X mangaka himself. Though I don't remember if she looks like that during the X4 manga or not, or if she even shows up in it at all; she definitely doesn't look like that in the X3 manga. She's close, but not quite there.
>>
>>13785381
TE spoiler guy's
>>
>>13785848
>Chuang Yi
Don't they release some stuff in English? I know I bought some manga before from my local bookstores since they import it as a some sort of means to get cheap manga (relatively, it's half the price compared to stuff by Viz or Del Rey)
>>
>>13785866
I honestly haven't played a Mega Man X game in probably over 10-15 years. I just remember the first ones were good and I would play them all the time.
>>
>>13785889
This couldn't be a better case study of too many cooks spoiling the broth, especially considering they let anyone write it.
>tfw a Mary Sue was so ambitious that the next author had to get her killed off
>>
>>13785965
I actually read that comic to the end but I can't remember the Mary Sue character was supposed to be - just vaguely remember a bunch of new OC Donut Steel characters that stood out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>13785403
After X7, I can see why people didn't check it out, even after (I think?) Inafune said he got some members from the old team back, and that the game's gotta sell well to get more like it (I could swear there was an interview where he said that, but for the life of me I can't remember where it is).
It's a damn shame, though - X8 was on point in almost everything it did, and it could have been a great template for future games.
>>
>>13785935
Looks like they went defunct a few years ago but yes, they did release a lot of things in English iirc.
>>
>>13785381
The cock of a translator who's willing to do commissions if you're really that desperate
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.