[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aldnoah.Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (196KB, 2000x1143px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196KB, 2000x1143px
Aldnoah.Zero was a decent mecha anime. Agree/Disagree??
>>
Eh
>>
It was dog shit
>>
>>13783958
Absolutely forgettable.
>>
>>13783958
It was awesome
>>
The first cour was barely mediocre, the second complete shit.
>>
It was actually pretty bad. To be honest, it's really on par with SEED Destiny.
>>
>>13784017
>NTR
Literally how?
>>
>>13784040

Even Seed Destiny was better...
>>
>>13784053

>Anything
>Worse than Destiny

Anon, let's calm down for a bit.
>>
Aldnoah.Zero/10
>>
File: dick sucker.png (448KB, 883x697px) Image search: [Google]
dick sucker.png
448KB, 883x697px
>>
>>13784050
>Two characters are set up as love interests for the Princess
>Random character marries her at the end instead
Of course it's not literal NTR. I do feel bad for anyone who happened to self-insert as either of the protags only to have their princess taken away. I feel bad not because they were betrayed, but because they had bad enough taste to feel invested in this POS. So tragic.

>>13784033
I still don't get how people like the first season more than the second. The first season was aggravating and bland and stupid. The second season turned the stupid up to 11. With people constantly talking of backstabbing, Slaine slowly losing control of everything, Inaho letting his eye control him, S2 should be better regarded for being unintentionally entertaining, where the first season only managed to do that for the first 2 episodes.
>>
I tried watching it since it popped up on Netflix, could barely sit through the first three episodes before dropping it like a massive shit after taco night.
>>
>>13783958
stick to... oh
>>
>>13783958

First half had some parts that were pretty neat at the beginning, but then the story started to go in some bizarre directions. Directions that were unexpected to be sure, but unexpected because the 'obvious' direction for the plot to take would have seemed more interesting.

the end of part 1 had the potential to turn it into something interesting, but part 2 after the gap basically dropped the ball hard in almost all areas.

the story in part 2 made most of the events in part 1 have no consequence, after part 2 started, it felt like all the stakes of the show entirely evaporated, we were now just seeing stuff happening, no investment in what was going on.

It feels like the writers knew they were walking into common tropes, (which in itself isn't a bad thing) but they couldn't make up their mind between playing them so straight to the point of comedy (i.e. Egg's completely literal embodiment of emotionless self-insert MC shell) or trying to avoid the tropes and be different, but in so doing, choosing a blander and slightly shitty narrative arc to go down (i.e. when Sauzbaum kidnapps Slaine and kills Cruteo, and you think he's now going to pretend he's loyalist to trick Slain and have Code Geass style scheming shenanigans, but instead straight up tells Slain he's the bad guy next ep and blows the gig.)
>>
>>13783958
It's pretty average.

>cast of teenagers
>giant robots in space
>autist gary stu MC
>angsty rival
>mcguffin space princess
>cute Onee-chan figure
>forgettable bad guys

There's probably more stuff, too. The plot is more or less predictable and the characters are one-dimensional. The point is that it's a pretty by-the-numbers anime. Not saying that it's awful -- just unexceptional.
>>
File: AZ 016.png (837KB, 1016x944px) Image search: [Google]
AZ 016.png
837KB, 1016x944px
>>13786755
>>autist gary stu MC
I don't think you know what mary su MC mean
(MC didn't even have super robot but real robot)
>>
It started off okay, but declined almost immediately. After the "misunderstanding" where they shot each other down immediately after helping each other was probably where it went beyond any chance of recovering.
>>
>>13787198

It felt like a very forced rivalry.
>>
>>13787176
I can't tell if you're pretending to be stupid or not.
>>
File: 1453324857821.png (170KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1453324857821.png
170KB, 500x374px
>>13787176
>>
>>13783958
It might has a chance to be a decent show if Inaho has a proper personality and not..like the worst stu to ever exist in the decade. Dude single handly ruin the show.
>>
>>13784058
It was from a story telling perspective Destiny was actually better, at the very least it attempted to explain it's shit.
>>
>>13787176
Are you perhaps stupid anon?

Or maybe you just don't know what the term means?
>>
>>13791947
>>13787446
>>13787432
Anon's got A.Z fanart at the ready, so he's clearly a deluded A.Z fag. Which is a bit surprising they still exist, because I was sure the final episode killed any positive will Inahofags had for the show after both slaine and inaho got tossed aside by the princess. Unless they were a Slainexinaho shipper. I guess they may have been cool with that.
>>
>>13792094
>Unless they were a Slainexinaho shipper. I guess they may have been cool with that.
I'd assume those would make up a good portion of A.Z. fags.
>>
File: bee.jpg (875KB, 1000x1605px) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
875KB, 1000x1605px
>>13792094
>Slainexinaho
Are you blind or did you ignore the picture I upload?

Just because you are Slainexinaho fag, doesn't mean everyone else is same as you

Anyway, if you want to see mary su MC, go watch Mahouka,

Or One Punch Man
(mary su MC done right)
>>
>>13783958
Wasn't great, but good. Needed color.

I especially enjoyed how Inaho won battles with SCIENCE! rather than just yelling a lot.
>>
I recognize that it did not live up to its potential. I enjoyed the ride. The world is better off for having known I SAY CRYYYYY.
>>
>>13792395
So you don't know what a Mary Sue is. Because Inaho passes the test with flying colors. Being a Mary Sue isn't just being a self insert character it also is a character who is ridculously good at everything they do for no apparent reason. Is considered attractive or desireable by everyone they meet, and their behavior (no matter how groan inducing) is considered admirable by other characters (this can include the story bending over backwards so that they can get their way, even when they're wrong), and who is just all together incredibly unrealistic, and who is basically acts as a type of wish fulfillment character.

It's also not uncommon for Mary Sues to not really have a personality (in order to make it easier or people to self insert as them). All of this is basically fits Inaho to a T.
>>
>>13792395
>>13792614
>>13793247
I see the remnants of this shitty fanbase is still alive based on these stupid ass comments.
>>
>>13793654
No he doesn't pass the test simply because he is the protagonist. A protagonist can't be a Mary Sue. A Mary Sue is a character who hijacks a story to center around them instead of the main characters. The problem is we have had decades of idiots confusing the symptoms for the disease. What you are actually dealing with is an extreme version of the Competent Man trope.
>>
>>13793792
Mary Sues are more a narrative problem than anything. Let me explain using literature's battered wife, Twilight.

As you read the saga, you will no doubt notice how the author tries to paint things in a certain light. Bella and Edward have this perfect relationship, Charlie is over-protective, Bella is pure as Lacus. It want's you to believe these things because that's the story it's trying to tell. But then you actually think or analyze the story, you don't see it that way. Bella/Edward is creepy as hell, Bella's a bitch to everyone around her and Charlie has every right to be worried about his daughter.

We can find examples of this all throughout /m/. Sometimes it's just a moment when you want someone to call out a character's bullshit, other times it's all the time. When a character has flaws that the show doesn't realize or wants the audience to think it isn't an issue. These are what makes a Sue, not just a simple matter of hijacking the story.

P.S. Lacus is also a bitch.
>>
>>13784827
>I do feel bad for anyone who happened to self-insert as either of the protags only to have their princess taken away.
Anybody autismal enough to do this deserves to be hurt. This includes you.
>>
>>13793670
Here's your reply.
>>
>>13794128
And you're still a retard but thanks anyways.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (324KB, 1556x986px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
324KB, 1556x986px
>>13793792
>A protagonist can't be a Mary Sue.
>A Mary Sue is a character who hijacks a story to center around them instead of the main characters.

Wrong on both counts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
>"A Mary Sue for female characters and Gary Stu or Marty Stu for male characters is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment"
>>
>>13793792
>A protagonist can't be a Mary Sue.
Mary Sue WAS the protagonist you TVTposting cunt
>>
>>13792395
>Saitama
>Mary Sue
But he has character flaws. Being absurdly OP doesn't make you a Mary Sue, being a perfect-in-every-way wish fullfillment fantasy does.
Now, Max, Max is a Mary Sue done right.
>>
>>13793870
Mary Sue is just a generic insult right now , because too many people today think they are writers and (too many) do fanfics, and since they they all think to be better, they become intolerant of other people characters, especially when they do something we do not like. In fiction, characters, both written by professionals, both by amateurs, are always reflections of the writer and as a result you always play at being God a little.

Some writers are better at keeping it under control. A hyper competent character with a huge weakness (something more serious than "relationship problems") already helps to make things more interesting.
>>
>>13794283
Conan the Barbarian was a perfect Gary Stu, but nobody cared. The problem is only started when women began to do the same with their female characters ultra popular and superior to the other male Captains in Star Trek. The rest is just an internet meme.
>>
>>13783958
It had it's good points. And it's bad points.

It's production value was amazing, and I remember being hyped as fuck at Princess-1.
>>
File: 1449810025472.jpg (637KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449810025472.jpg
637KB, 960x720px
>>13795230
>It's production value was amazing, and I remember being hyped as fuck at Princess-1.
>>
>>13795230
Its always funny that I see people praise A/Z for its "production value" yet see no example of it, among the many complaints about this show the one that got brought up with the shit CG.
>>
>>13795230
The princess-1 was retarded ,but i liked too that part.
>>
>>13795252
Okay.

>>13795254
From Google: "Production values are the lighting, sound, scenery and props used to improve a film or play."

>music
>sound effects
>character design
>costume design
>mecha design
>visually interesting camera angles

I'd say those fit under the definition of production value. It's been a while, but I remember thinking they did a great job with those.

Shitty main characters and lackluster writing aside, there were some good points to it if you can see past that.
>>
Profoundly disagree.
>>
>>13793792
He does, and a protagonist can be a Mary Sue, in fact most of the time the term is actually meant for protagonists.
>>
>>13793792
Hey TVTshitter! Before I tell you to kill yourself, I'd like to tell you to dtop co-opting literary terms like "deconstruction." Also, PLEASE KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>13783958
Disagree.
>>
>>13793654
I don't really consider Inaho a Mary Sue since he don't really hog more screentime than your usual MC. Slaine got more focus than him in S2.
As for his perfectness, he was ridiculously competent in battle but he paid the price by having his eye hijacking at the finale.
Failure to meet Asseylum again and have her end up with another man are enough of a failure in my book.

The problem is Inaho is boring. He pretty much just normal mecha MC except being expressionless.
At first, him being nonchalant to everything is kinda interesting but he pretty much reduced to typical mecha MC as the show goes on.
>>
>>13795590
Being a Mary Sue has nothing to do with screen time, it has everything to do with how the series treats the character.

Thinking about this seriously, what price did Inaho really pay? At the end of day the eye was removed at no cost against him and he just goes about living his life normally, his lost eye is just there to make make his character look cool. In fact, if anything him getting said robotic eye was more of of boon to him than anything else, as it was just another device that allowed him to bullshit his way through everything. Asshime was shit anyway and throughout the S2 it seemed like he was just losing interest in her anyway. So there is really isn't anything that you can say that he conceivably lost.

A Mary sue that is boring just means that the Mary Sue is boring. Most Mecha MC protagonists that are expressionless actually have reasons why they are the way they are, Inaho has none.
>>
>>13795620
>Asshime was shit anyway and throughout the S2 it seemed like he was just losing interest in her anyway. So there is really isn't anything that you can say that he conceivably lost.

Inaho's entire motivation is meeting Asseylum again and even the robot eye also said Asseylum is Inaho's number 1 priority.
Heck, he even saved Slaine just because Ass ask him that.
Calling him losing interest in her is total bullshit.
>>
>>13795590
>>13795620
Why it is so important for you to determine whether or not a Inaho is Mary?

He's simply a bad character with little characterization, almost no growth, and the show never told us something intimate, like his fears, desires or the reasons that led him to be so autistic.

He's undoubtedly OP in combat, but otherwise is not a character. He does not even reach basic level of a character. He's more like a "human-size Gundam Unicorn" , acting independently with the same magic shit power.
>>
>>13795650
I agree he is a bad character but I don't consider him a Mary Sue.
A Mary Sue is someone like Kira Yamato or Kirito from SAO.
>>
>>13795660
Well both Kira and Kirito have proven to be the creators of Avatar, then the case has certainly more foundation.
>>
Mary Sue in the traditional sense refers to some outside guest character who, simply put, completely hijacks the main character spotlight from the actual main character (or cast spotlight from cast, you get the idea), as a result of bad writing that effectively bends the narrative backwards in the Sue's favor. Usually they function as a self insert of their creator, or some ideal that panders to the character creator, but what separates a Sue from a mere author self insert or any other run of the mill badly written character or badly written narrative is that the Sue is a foreign entity; that is to say, a true Sue only exists in either fanfic, adaptations, or any other environment where creative liberties can occur.

Just saying.

Mary Sue is more a sign that someone didn't actually give a fuck about the source material they were working with.
>>
>>13795674
This, but the term can be useful to identify character that send the whole story out of control with their presence. For example, when an author falls too much in love with a character to point of support him in all circumstances.

Kira Yamato It's a perfect example.
>>
>>13795702
That's just bad writing and character favoritism, though.

Now imagine if Fukuda shoved Kira into Cross Ange.
>>
File: 1451292995806.jpg (18KB, 525x569px) Image search: [Google]
1451292995806.jpg
18KB, 525x569px
>>13795660
>>13795702
>Considers a character who's infallible not a Mary Sue
>Considers two characters who did fuck up and are not the best in-universe Mary Sues
>>
>>13795649
That was one of his motivations, his other motivation was finding out about Slaine. Besides that at the end of the show, he doesn't at all give the impression that he giving a flying fuck about seeing her again.

>>13795650
Again see>>13794283
>>13793654
>>
>>13795674
>>13795702
>Mary Sue in the traditional sense refers to some outside guest character who, simply put, completely hijacks the main character spotlight from the actual main character (or cast spotlight from cast, you get the idea).
That's actually incorrect. The term was actually created and used for protagonists.
again see >>13794283.
Word of advice don't take your definition from tv tropes.

A character who is infallible and who the narrative will bend over backwards to put in the right is a Mary Sue, regardless of the medium.
>>
>>13795755
>The term was actually created and used for protagonists.
It was created for fanfic. It's become generalized outside of that area, but it did originate as a fanfiction term.

Hell, if you're going to reference the Wikipedia article, you could stand to read the very next paragraph, which describes how the term originated in a parody of shitty Star Trek fanfics.
>>
>>13795755
The term was created to lambast bad fanfics, taken from a satirical work of fanfic, maybe you should read the article in its entirety.
>>
>>13795739
You're forgetting - lots of Mary Sues 'fuck up' to garner sympathy. In anything that ultimately matters they -are- infallible, but it's just as common to drag them through the mud a little first so you d'aww over the kicked puppy.

Or in Kira's case, it's a means to get a mid-season upgrade.
>>
>>13795774
And since then was also used to describe canon characters as well, for instance Batman is for all intents a Mary Sue.

Yes the term originated from fanfiction but it since then has expanded, in fact the term was just for female characters.
>>
>>13795784
But doesn't Inaho do the same thing?
>>
This anime would had been better if Inaho had raped Rat and that Martian Count with rocket punch after taken alive.
>>
>>13795784
Which is why the term is flawed outside its fanfic origins. What some are quick to call a Sue is just nothing more than bad writing period, a failure of the writer to handle the artifice of their creation in a matter that makes sense and doesn't rely on cheap tricks to make them seem more down to earth than they really are.

Hypercompetence isn't bad writing per se, but bad writing can be made more obvious by misuse of a hypercompetent character. It's all in managing the artifice of the narrative.
>>
>>13795813
Well the term was used to describe who is badly written, and a failure of the writer to properly insert a character into the world. Which is why the term ended up being used for canon characters as well.

Having a character who is hyper competent is fine, but having them be hyper competent for no reasoning for it, and then also not balancing it out with their other traits and then on top of that having them be infallible is not.
>>
>>13795222
>Conan the Barbarian was a perfect Gary Stu

That's debatable. The film shows him being captured as a slave and being forced into physical labor where he got his massive gains. He was then sold for pit fighting and it showed that he wasn't very good at it and basically lucked out in his first match. He eventually gained enough experience to where he would be professionally trained as a warrior. When he was finally freed it showed that he wasn't able to do everything by himself and his operations largely hinge on the aide of his companions. That's not to say that Conan as a character wasn't subject to ridiculous amounts of plot armor (ie coming back from the dead and being saved by his ghost gf).

True Gary Stu/Mary Sue don't have a background of how they got to be so good at what they do (usually just being child prodigies) and can save the day all by themselves while other characters job for them.
>>
>>13795801
No? He doesn't even have a character arc. Kira himself is a flawed character the problem is that he doesn't grow after SEED and the plot bend over backwards for him, nobody can call him out on it because the writing demands that he been seen as right unlike Kirito who has no character and changes at a whim in every arc and Inaho who's more of a plot device than anything else.
>>
>>13795886
Mary Sue's frequently don't have character arcs, and as >>13795858 pointed out they frequently have no real background either.

Also Inaho has no real character either, so he's really in the same boat as Kirito.
>>
>>13795886
In this case it's the other way around Kira would be considered a plot device, not a Mary Sue, he is the way he is purely as a means to an end. While Kirito, and Inaho are Mary Sues.
>>
>>13795937
Kira was a character in Gundam seed. ( well, debatable and forced, but still...)

He become a Mary sue in Destiny.
>>
>>13795937
A plot device is someone who just exist to move the plot from one transition to another and doesn't have anything to do with the actual conflict, Kira ain't a plot device since he's a major player and sought after component in Destiny he just doesn't develop. Inaho mainly exists to get his party from one location to another or just to save the day at the last minute, he isn't an important component to the plot or has anything personal with the antagonist he exist just to move it forward and the best example of this is where he freed the count from prison and got no reprimands from it nor did anyone on board he had vendetta against the enemy say anything about it, he freed him so the plot could move.
>>
>>13795955
Well Destiny is a direct sequel so the explanations from SEED still applies. The thing about Shinn is that he was never going to be right, no one really to bend over backwards to explain why what Durandal was doing was wrong. It's just that Kira and Lacus went about things the wrong way.
>>
>>13795955
More or less. Kira was played up as skilled from the start, but in SEED it's mostly in the usual anime-protag-is-special-in-some-way vein. At least there, he was a Coordinator among normal humans, so it could be explained away as him being a nigh-literal Superman. And he struggled and strained the way most Gundam MCs have to, at least until he gets Freedom.

Thereafter, he's never really in danger unless it's a plot device. The druggies are only a threat to him at Orb to give Athrun his dilemma, thereafter they always get stomped, outrun, or run out of drugs. The only other time they manage to accomplish anything is when Kira's trying to catch Fllay's pod and it gets yanked away from him, and they manage to do some non-critical damage to Freedom.

In Destiny, he just flat out stomps everything until it's time to get his wings broken, strictly so Lacus can get him new ones. And his dominance is less excusable there because he's a coordinator among other coordinators but still schooling them like they were lowly naturals.
>>
>>13795975
Not really since Kira is a completely different character in SEED he just doesn't grow or develop. Hell how Kira got that way is a direct result of his development in SEED so that's very hard to ignore.
>>
>>13795886
>. Kira himself is a flawed character the problem is that he doesn't grow after SEED and the plot bend over backwards for him, nobody can call him out on it because the writing demands that he been seen as right

Right. Kira acts as the literal definition of a terrorist, uses illegal weaponry (a war crime IRL), antagonizes other factions with his actions (This gets called out a lot in crossover games), and his team's defense of Orb allowed Djibril to escape and kill thousands of civilians (while Kira and Co. commented about how horrible the event was, ignoring their hand in it's happening). And people still think Shinn should have joined forces with him to stop Durandal. The show acts like Kira's a super robot hero, completely unaware of the implications of his actions (and how self-righteous he sounds).
>>
File: 530715071.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
530715071.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
And Newtype powers out of nowhere. He's was capable of perceiving Neo (Mu) when this one was on his the ship, not even in combat.
>>
>>13795962
But Kira was the character who did move things forward. It was obvious from day one that Zaft was in the wrong, it was just more of a question of why the crew of Minerva never questioned some of the shit that was going on. Kira was just a means to an end, defeating the villains and making sure that they never won, the problem is that series went about it the wrong way, because the writing was shit. Hell originally people were expecting Kira to come in and school Shinn at some point in time, it was just implemented badly.

Compared to Inaho, with whom the creators gave no reason for being the ace and pilot and strategist, he's the best but he has no reason to be. On top of that, other characters had to be made incompetent just so that he could look good, even though again he has no reason for being better than them. Inaho's abilities were there solely to make him look good, he does stupid shit but is never once reprimanded for it. The only reason why Inaho is necessary is because other characters are incompetent and they're incompetent just so that he could be necessary, that's the hallmark of a Mary Sue.
>>
>>13795955

I agree. In SEED he had his self-doubt, his fucked up romance with Flay, he was an ass to Sai, he killed Nicol (fuck you remaster he didn't fell on the sword) and was extremely enraged towards Athrun besides many other failures. Even after he got the Freedom and he started his beyond good and evil phase he still got mind raped near the end by Le Creuset.

In Destiny however he's just a flat character with very little doubt who's completely op and just descends in the Freedom from time to time to deliver justice and wisdom.

Destiny Kira is a clear example of a Gary Stu and I rooted for Shinn.
>>
>>13796028
> It was obvious from day one that Zaft was in the wrong
>They are attacked by the Atlantic assholes who steal experimental models and jeopardize an entire colony.

Well no... at the beginning of the story there are rivalries between enemy nations who have not resolved.
>>
>>13795988
>Hell how Kira got that way is a direct result of his development in SEED so that's very hard to ignore.
exactly.
>>
>>13796043
>Destiny Kira is a clear example of a Gary Stu and I rooted for Shinn.
SRW Z Kira should be canon, not what Fukuda and Morosawa created.
>>
>>13796049
>Well no... at the beginning of the story there are rivalries between enemy nations who have not resolved.
Which anyone with half a brain could have predicted would have lead to Zaft doing stupid shit.
It became somewhat obvious that Djibril was up to some shady shit.
>>
>>13783958
It's a stinky diaper show. Fuck it.
>>
>>13796078
It is not a point, the war always leads to stupid things for win. The Requiem cannon is quietly the same thing of an atomic bomb. Who wins then writes the story. I do not care to enter into a discourse of philosophy and war, but Destiny show the implications of morality, war and power in a so terribly superficial way.
>>
>>13796109
I'm not trying to argue which side was right, both sides were wrong and that's wrong, such is war. Archangel was supposed to be the third party that the viewers rooted for. Now there is a lot wrong with Destiny, part of what makes SRW take on it so well liked is that it acknowledges the poor implementation of the story and then attempts to fix it.
>>
>>13796109
Just like how SEED wanted to make an anti-war message but in the end resorted to making everyone into cartoonish villains.

I've heard people say that SEED had a stronger anti-war message than 0079, but 0079 remembered that soldiers are people. They are people with family, friends and loved ones who are fighting for what they believe in. When the genre was jam packed full of faceless minions, Tomino made the enemies human. SEED dehumanizes soldiers, depicting them like people on COD Multiplayer. And when people are dehumanized in such ways, it's easier to justify killing them. Like, how much sympathy would we have for someone in a Stormtrooper uniform?

...Besides Finn.

SEED wants to have an anti-war message, how we should never fight according to one producer, but Fukuda also wants to have super robot heroics. It ultimately makes the overall moral of the show rather shallow and naive. Then we have Destiny doubling down on it.
>>
>>13796146
>Like, how much sympathy would we have for someone in a Stormtrooper uniform?
TR-8R has a lot of popularity at the moment actually.
>>
>>13796325
Because he was the only true badass villan of the movie. Ren, Phasma and the asshole captain were a bunch of joke figures.
>>
>>13796043

And despite his status ad a Gary Stu Destiny Kira is still a better character than Inaho.

At least Kira has SEED as a backstory and he still shows some emotion and conflict. Inaho is op because he is and he remains a flawless robot to the end.
>>
>>13796400
Also other characters were allowed to be competent around Kira, not only that but Kira also only had one area in which he excelled in.
>>
You know the more I think the more I realize that this series could never conceivably join SRW.
>>
>>13795590
>his eye hijacking at the finale.

That was probably this single dumbest thing that happened in that show.
>>
>>13795590
>I don't really consider Inaho a Mary Sue since he don't really hog more screentime than your usual MC.

It doesn't matter if a Mary Sue gets less screen time. Typical stories with Mary Sues often have them as MCs because they're self-inserts which people want to be. But being the MC is not necessary and they can be supporting characters as well. The common trait that Mary Sues all have is their unrealistic abilities.
>>
>>13795755

Not him, but >>13795674 isn't wrong about the original meaning of the term. The first Mary Sue was literally named "Mary Sue" in a published Star Trek fanfic in the 1970s.

It became a more generalized term over the years to include main characters, male characters, and canon story lines.
>>
>>13783958
Is this a Valvrager thread?
>>
>>13794188
Nah, fuck you. I'm so tired of the salty Grekt fanbase. Your show was shit, it got outperformed by a Gundam knockoff, deal with it.
>>
>>13783958
I dunno, it was disappointing because I thought it would be awesome and it was bad, But I liked it better than a lot of other bad recent shows like IBO even. Tbh I liked the visuals and music enough to ignore how bad it was, it was just a little disappointing cause it had more potential like old Gundam Seed fans say. I still don't get why it made /m/ so butthurt though since it wasn't THAT bad. At least there was no stock footage in the fights and the people didn't look like garbage.
>>
>>13797976
>Your show was shit, it got outperformed by a Gundam knockoff, deal with it.
Not even that anon or a GRecofag but GReco actually outsold AZ.
>>
>>13798700
BDs or viewership?
>>
>>13798743
In Japan I believe both. For westerners however they got duped into watching AZ because of Urobutchi. Greco was just more successful than AZ overall, despite being a failure.
>>
>>13798420
>I still don't get why it made /m/ so butthurt though since it wasn't THAT bad

They said it would surpass gundam and /m/ hates most things.
>>
>>13798420
>Tbh I liked the visuals and music enough to ignore how bad it was
Either people are really deluded or they have bad taste because there was nothing impressive about the visuals or soundtrack infact they were dealt with just as much criticism as the script and characters.
>it was just a little disappointing cause it had more potential like old Gundam Seed fans say.
Potential? The show was a wreck from the first episode onward and you just like other dumbasses got caught up in the spectacle.

/m/ wanted this shit to crash and burn so nobody here is butthurt about and yes it was THAT bad, I don't see why there's people still going on about this unless it was their first mecha anime or they're sustained from thinking anything can be bad.

>At least there was no stock footage in the fights and the people didn't look like garbage.
Yeah instead you had bad cg, boring battles and shitty characters with baby faces.
>>
File: 1450721325582.jpg (51KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450721325582.jpg
51KB, 1080x1080px
>>13798420
>Tbh I liked the visuals and music enough to ignore how bad it was
>>
>>13796857
Not enough defensiveness and insisting that Valvrave was worse.
>>
>>13798743
Both
>>
>>13801443
>Either people are really deluded or they have bad taste because there was nothing impressive about the visuals or soundtrack infact they were dealt with just as much criticism as the script and characters.
I didn't say it was impressive, just I liked it. Compared to many anime that look like shit.
>>
>>13783958
It's shit
>>
>>13798743
>>13801458
>>13801458
GReco was also preferred amongst the Nip mechafags, and was more talked about too. So yeah, A/Z pretty much failed to overtake Gundam in most if not all categories. It's to the point now that the only people really supporting A/Z now are fujos (they lost the otomefags with that ending), which is why 24.5 exists, it's for damage control, even the Nips were treating Asshime as though she was the main villain all along.
>>
>>13806156
Wasn't G-Reco not popular with non-mecha otaku?
>>
>>13806325
Yep but who gives a shit them.
>>
>>13806325
You mean casuals? Yep hence its low nico average and it not making it to 2ch's top 50 anime of 2015 (A/Z was #40) so while general audiences didn't like it it did well among hardcore groups and older audience hence its high ratings for the block it aired on and stronger fanfare than Turn A initially.
>>
>>13806348
What were A/Z's ratings and timeslot anyway?
>>
>>13806386
Doesn't matter since it was in a no named late night slot. G-Reco aired in the Animazement block which aired shows like Macross Frontier, Madoka and Code Geass.
>>
>>13806325
>>13806329
>>13806348
That's not surprising, desu. G-Reco was kind of mediocre.
>>
>>13806325
>Wasn't G-Reco not popular with non-mecha otaku?
Yes and no, there was certainly a lot of fanfare when it was going to air, it just didn't live up to expectations that people had for it. Something to understand, Gundam is practically a household name in Japan. So people already knew about GReco just because of it, and were upset about it not living to their expectations. While with A/Z they were fine with just dropping it and moving on. So based off of that I can't say that A/Z more popular because it wasn't as well known, despite Aniplex throwing all their money into it.

But if you want to say that more casuals and fujos liked AZ, then that is true, but it doesn't mean anything since they didn't like it enough to really spend money on it. There's a reason why all the merchandise for the show is really just based around one character.
>>
>>13806415
Funny because those last three shows had high ratings, and high sales.
>>
>>13806430
I think that was what he was getting at.
>>
>>13806433
But GReco's time slot was still a late night spot.
>>
>>13783958
I always laugh at the double standard of this picture.
>>
>>13806453
And?
>>
>>13806453
One that held some very successful shows in the past.
>>
>>13806417
Found the retard
>>
>>13806466
Don't pick on me.
>>
>>13806462
Not all of them were successful just that it was a high profile late night slot which ironically enough almost died before Madoka.
>>
I hated the plot, it made no sense to me how human colonists on Mars became more technologically advanced than Earth with their super special snowflake aldnoah drive. Shit was pretty retarded
>>
>>13806495
No, but the good ones were.
>>
>>13806504
They were scientists in what the 70s who got access to alien technology.

They were essentially scientists who had both artifacts of advanced technology and drives that they could use as supercomputers.

They would probably have an aldnoah drive calculating pi somewhere.

Compared to an earth with a minor brain drain due to emigration and earth being lead by the USSR. I could see them being less innovative but more advanced.

Real retardation was them not being able to terraform mars with their technology, but that has been discussed to death.
>>
Put it this way, I found that absolute train wreck G-Reco better than this. Horrible.
>>
>>13783958
I thought it was awesome
>>
>>13783958
I honestly think it is the worst anime I have ever seen. However, your mileage may vary
>>
>>13784053
Even GSD was better...
^ This.
Aldnoah/zero S2 was far worse than GSD just because it didn't use stock footage doesn't give it a free pass.

>>13784058
>Defending an anime that clearly tried to surpass Gundam by imitating it.
They even imitate newtypes.
>>
>>13812945
>They even imitate newtypes.
when did they do this?
>>
>>13812945
Babby's first scifi.
>>
File: muaddib84-scaled500.jpg (19KB, 390x268px) Image search: [Google]
muaddib84-scaled500.jpg
19KB, 390x268px
>>13812945
>>
>>13816400
>>13816478
Not that anon, but they were specifically trying to imitate Gundam, at this point in time to claim otherwise is stupid.
>>
Fuck you /m/ you contrarian shitlords
You hate on actually decent shows from a/z to ibo just because it's popular
Fuck this place
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9h7dsmO38c
>>
>>13816902
>mankind evolving psychic powers to meet the requirements of the environment of space
>genetic tampering to increase speed, strength, durability, reflexes, and IQ
These are not the same thing, anon. They even had actual newtypes in SEED so you can see the comparison.
Mwu, Rau, Rey, and eventually Kira were newtypes, everyone else was super-soldiers.
>>
>>13816921
Back to /s4s/, please.
>>
>>13816902
Nobody was arguing that they weren't doing the same thing as gundam. It could be argued that a lot of elements are common to a lot of shows and most of them didn't start with gundam.

Stealing elements from gundam doesn't mean A.Z included newtypes.

>>13816975
Are you arguing that Destiny had newtypes or aldnoah.zero had newtypes?
>>
>>13816921
>AZ
>IBO
>decent

and for the record /a/ thinks it's shit too.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13783958
Well I did not see any space rats in it.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.