[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be Maximilian Jenius >Beat sexy Zaentradi ace in dogfight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: rainbowbridge.jpg (132KB, 1365x729px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowbridge.jpg
132KB, 1365x729px
>Be Maximilian Jenius
>Beat sexy Zaentradi ace in dogfight
>Beat her at video game
>Get a date with her right after
>She tries to kill you
>Knife fight
>The animators forgot to show up that week
>Knife fight on drugs
>Beat her again
>Dance with her while giving the middle finger to gravity
>Present her to your superior right after that
>Then get married with her, the SDF Macross shoots a fucking rainbow bridge while an honor guard made of Valks shoot their guns as you fly above this fucking rainbow bridge with your bride
WHAT THE FUCK DID I WATCH, /m/, I KNOW SDF MACROSS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE MUH GRITTY WAR DRAMA BUT I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS
>>
SIT DOW- wait, wrong show.
>>
>>13783747
>BUT I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS
How did you not know about Rainbow Road wedding by now?
>>
>>13783760

I've seen the show, and loved it and forgot about that to be honest. Guess that means I need to re-watch the show.
>>
You're not supposed to take macross too seriously
>>
>>13783760
OP here, I avoid Macross threads so i'm watching it without any spoilers, . That stuff was pretty fucking strange, but I guess that's just a one of the few weird moments in the show (like the giant tuna head in space or the infiltration aboard the Zaentradi ship with Jenius's Valkyrie disguised as an officer).
>>
I actually thought the rainbow wedding was some sort of dream sequence at first, what the hell man
>>
SDF is the original trainwreck, you can tell they were off their rocker with gems like that one.
>>
>>13783816
I know anon. I'm not taking it too seriously. I was just saying that it was just too much weirdness too fast for me. This was crazier than everything in the previous episodes.
>>
>>13783831
>SDF
>Trainwreck
Pick one.
>>
>>13783838
>pick both

Fixed.
>>
>>13783747
>WHAT THE FUCK DID I WATCH
As if you wouldn't love piloting a plane in space over a rainbow with your newlywed wife.

Besides, Macross began as a parody of Yamato and Gundam. It lost all of it during development, but some silliness still remained.
>>
That knife fight man

I still have nightmares about it. The fucking faces
>>
Still better than modern anime.
>>
>>13783854
Nah there are still tons of parody bits around. Focker is a full on Sleggar Law parody. Had I watched MSG before Macross I would have not been shocked at all by his death.
>>
>>13783871
I'd call it more a reference than a parody at this point, considering how it's actually a sad scene in the show.
>>
>>13783849
Please elaborate senpai :^)
>>
And in the next episodes, the main fleet turns Earth's surface into ashes, complete with shots of soldiers and children incinerated by nuclear blasts. Seriously, even MSG 0079 sparred children.
>>
>>13784025
Ishiguro did not screw around, especially when you consider that he helmed Yamato before this.
>>
>>13784025

I really think they blew their load on the nuking Earth thing. I mean, after that and the last fight was where the series was supposed to end but then we got 9 extra episodes that just felt much less important in comparison except for the actual final last episode
>>
>>13783747
Macross is equal parts GI Joe, Transformers and Jem.
>>
File: 5.jpg (28KB, 387x307px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
28KB, 387x307px
>>13784133
That's the most perfect description I've ever heard for this franchise
>>
>>13784102
Love is more important than fighting anon
Everyone knows the last 9 episodes were the best
>>
>>13784271
Yeah watching 3 tards fumble around until 2 of them kissed was really entertaining.
>>
>>13784271
>Everyone knows the last 9 episodes were the best
I defend a lot of Macross' flaws but no. No it was not.

It was literally romcom tier and that's fine and all for Macross but not with this "end of the world, gonna migrate off Earth" feel the show was giving us

I'm not even going to check this scarf to see if anything weird is on it before I share it with Misa WHOOPS MINMEI'S INITIALS WERE ON IT
>>
>>13784321
The romantic drama at the end was also my favorite part of the show. Then again, I kind of like that stuff more than I should anyway.
>>
>>13784387

I'm not really bothered about romantic drama, but the post-war stuff was my favorite part of the series too, because you so rarely see shows address that things don't always turn out happily ever after. I loved seeing the Zentradi and humans start working together and the problems it caused, I loved seeing Kamjin being unable to integrate even as he actually adopted some culture despite himself. Hikaru strung things along way too long, but everything else in the post war episodes was great so fuck if I care.
>>
>>13784413
I liked the post-war stuff a lot, I just wasn't really too much of a fan of the drama going alongside it.
>>
>>13783825
Funny you should mention that. Max's "talent" for disguises is inherited by one of his daughters.
>>
>>13784133
That sums it up pretty much, even if all thos franchises came after SDF aired. It's more of a MSG clone for the pitch, but on Earth with Zentradis instead of zeeks, and they must travel through the solar system to get back to Earth. But in the end it's a really great show even if there are some incoherences from time to time.
>>
>>13783747

Macross is loved for its detailed mechanical design.

For missile spam and the idea of a lone fleeing ship, coming home unwanted, it borrowed from Ideon and BSG.

For names and mythology, it borrowed from Norse legend.

For characters and episode plot, it was whatever the writers could scrap together, sometimes good, sometimes bad, often stupid.

The original 1/55 Valk remains one of the best toys ever. The show as a whole struggles to make a best 25 animes of the 80's list.
>>
>>13783760
To be fair, the Rainbow Road wedding doesn't tend to get brought up as often in the discussions of how weird that arc gets.
Usually it's more the knife fight and 'Love is for fools!' that steal its thunder.
>>
File: dapper zentra.jpg (47KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
dapper zentra.jpg
47KB, 640x427px
>>13783825
>the infiltration aboard the Zaentradi ship with Jenius's Valkyrie disguised as an officer

What are you talking about? This is totally what a Zentradi looks like.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.