[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of introducing the Captain like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 540.gif (2MB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
540.gif
2MB, 540x400px
What was the point of introducing the Captain like this?
>>
>>13782874

> What's the point of having comedy in an action/comedy show?
>>
>>13782874
He wasn't introduced that way.
>>
>>13782921

Pretty much. However OP scene meant that nothing works like it should in that ship.
>>
>>13782874
>what is characterization
>>
>>13782874

Immediately humanizes him.
The captain bumps his head.
>Hey! I bump my head too!
>>
>>13782962
>>13782951
>giving honest answers to an autistic person
OP is probably writing a sonic fanfiction where sonic kills both of you for him right now
>>
>>13783046
H-how did you know?
>>
>>13782874
why doesn't the previous global tell the next ones to watch their head?
>>
>>13783356
it would make a time paradox
>>
It shows he is secretly a zentraedi spy, hence the excessive height
>>
File: shiftyeyes.gif (334KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shiftyeyes.gif
334KB, 500x375px
>>13783608
>Accusing Global of being a spy

That sounds like something a spy would say to divert suspicion.
>>
>>13782874
What's the point of introducing a thread with a shitty gif like this?
>>
>>13783661
n-no i'm human miclone original from earth uhh culture and shit
>>
>>13782874
He's fucking huge compared to everyone else on the bridge.
>>
>>13784196
>Global is a big guy for miclones
>Vrlithwai is a big guy for zentraedi
>the macross is a big ship for you
POTTERY
>>
>>13782874

Macross goes out of its way to include little details like that which ground the series and keep the more fantastical stuff from shattering suspension of disbelief.

The captain is too tall for the door to the bridge.

The gravity engines tear themselves out of the ship due to inferior earth materials.

Hikaru has to use newtonian physics to move in space when he goes for the space tuna.

Inconsequential little shots of high technology being used for mundane purposes, like the trash cleaning robots or the vending machines that follow you.

It makes the world seem like something that people actually live in, rather than a backdrop for the story and nothing more. That sense of realism makes it easier to swallow things like building a town inside of your space ship when the time comes.

Also, its funny. Because in most japanese shows the captain of a ship is the idealized japanese captain, aka someone who is stone faced as fuck and never says or does anything except to give very important orders or occsionally be a font of wisdom. Flawless authority, basically.

Instead, Global is a guy who shows up to the Macross launch ceremony with a mild hangover and hits his head on the door because it was made for short people.
>>
File: 1296789586053.jpg (206KB, 688x483px) Image search: [Google]
1296789586053.jpg
206KB, 688x483px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.