[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you think the Geass OVA is going to end? >Announcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gayass.png (544KB, 413x738px) Image search: [Google]
gayass.png
544KB, 413x738px
So how do you think the Geass OVA is going to end?

>Announcement of new series

>Foreshadowing that suggests a sequel only they never actually make one ever

>a whole load of nothing
>>
>>13777445
I think the last OVA will resolve the immediate situation with Akito, Leila and Shin (killing at least one of the three) plus the other three Japanese.

It might suggest to some extent how the EU is going to be weakened even further in time for R2.

But rather than foreshadowing a direct sequel (to the OVA or the Geass TV series), it's going to throw in an alternate dimension plot hook.

The sort of thing that can be picked up by whatever Geass project comes next, if it is an AU in the more traditional Gundam style.

The announcement may or may not be timed to coincide with the premiere. They could leave us waiting until later in the year.
>>
>>13777482
*even if it is an AU in the more traditional Gundam style (and not necessarily a sequel in the same universe as it stands).
>>
>>13777445
It will reveal that the Alexander's are actually NOT ALEXANDER
>>
Everything that made Code Geass great is not present in Akito, save for any time Lelouch/Suzaku are on the screen. A third series would probably fail just the same. The world and mecha were cool and all, but without the characters who absolutely made that show, it'd be nothing worth getting excited over.
>>
>>13777945
Lots of highly questionable assumptions in just one post. I'd almost want to hug you. Akito is doing fine. Lelouch and Suzaku are not only characters in all of fiction that people like, so your logic is very shaky.For that mattter, Akito is not even trying to be exactly the same Code Geass but simply show one possible alternative, Many other possibilities exist. Any newer series wouldn't really be the same as another Akito, either way, so you're grapsing at straws.
>>
>>13777945
>Everything that made Code Geass great is not present in Akito
So Akito is good by itself and not some giant meme
>>
At this point we might not get anything for the anniversary given Taniguchi and Okouchi are busy with other projects and there hasn't been anything to hint that they're doing something special for the franchise, Zegapain had hints of an anniversary project 2 years prior, and given Akito's shaky production it might not be anything extravagant this time around.
>>
>>13778443
Taniguchi is not actually that busy. But that doesn't mean he has to be involved directly.

You're being too impatient because they first need to finish Akito. That's the ongoing project and it'll be done in less than a month. Zegapain has no ongoing projects.
>>
>>13778443
Akito's production issues aren't an inherent thing. It was mostly the director's fault (and the producers for not disciplining him).
>>
>>13778468
>Taniguchi is not actually that busy.
He's chief director of Active Raid for IMS which is a two cour split while Okouchi is working on the SnK rip off at WIT.

I don't think I'm being impatient at all, if they had something planned we would have known by now.
>>
>>13777445
I think there's going to be tits maybe some ass
>>
Geass franchise unfortunately is dead after OZ and Akito end

>huge potential wasted
>>
>>13778846
>Code Geass
>dead

You're a funny guy.
>>
>>13778792
See, that's the issue. Taniguchi is only chief director, which means he doesn't need to do all the hard work himself.

There's another director on the project for that reason. Active Raid seems a to be pretty relaxed too, so other than the animators struggling at IMS, I doubt the crew is under any huge pressure.

Not if they plan to make it a surprise, after they finish the current project first.
>>
The fourth OVA was surprisingly good, but only few people are interested.
I'd say those OVA are somewhat better than the series, at least the second one, but it came too late to matter. The audience who watched Code Geass ten years ago moved on something else and OVA is a dead market.
>>
>>13781881
>The audience who watched Code Geass ten years ago moved on something else and OVA is a dead market.

If we are speaking about Japan, I wouldn't really say that about either count. The fourth OVA was still top title released that week and the fifth OVA is currently on top of the stalker list (only THE ORIGIN is above it).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.