[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the hell wrote this? Visually, it's very reminiscent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Who the hell wrote this? Visually, it's very reminiscent of Go Nagai. It could very well be Nagai, except for the differences in character design for Akira. It's really lighthearted compared to even the lighthearted parts of the original series or Shin. In fact, atmospherically, it feels like I'm reading Mazinger Z... which leads me further to believe it's not Nagai, considering that none of Mazinger's spin-offs really feel like Mazinger Z. But, again, one of the first things you see is Michiru's rack, and MAL lists the writer as Go Nagai, but I'm not sure and can't into kanji.

Also, it's pretty damn good. Huge breath of fresh air after Arc.
>>
What?

Those are Nagai's drawings. You can't even recognize that?

The manga is both written and drawn by him.
>>
>>13772949
>Those are Nagai's drawings.
Then his art has really changed since 1974.
Also, Akira acts like a bad fanfiction version of himself, constantly reciting his motivation while acting slightly out of character, like he did in Mazinger Angels.
>>
>>13772964
>artist evolving over decades
>who's driving?
>bear's driving

How can that be?
>>
File: t180-181.jpg (906KB, 1740x1228px) Image search: [Google]
t180-181.jpg
906KB, 1740x1228px
>>13772964
>his art has really changed since 1974.
His art was already becoming less cartoonish since the 80s. Stuff like Iron Virgin Jun already looked different from Mazinger Z and the likes.

The first manga I remember which had this kind of art was MazinSaga, and that was 1990.

Pic related is Shin Violence Jack which was done a few years back.
>>
>>13773065
The art in Devilman vs Getter Robo is just as cartoony as Harenchi Gakuen or Mazinger Z. The differences are the way he approaches hair, eyes, and even linework.
>>
>>13773099
>The art in Devilman vs Getter Robo is just as cartoony as Harenchi Gakuen or Mazinger Z.
No.

The proportions of the characters are radically different.

Also, Harenchi Gakuen's art is also different from Mazinger Z's.
>>
>>13772964
>Also, Akira acts like a bad fanfiction version of himself, constantly reciting his motivation while acting slightly out of character
They're more in line with the Toei version.
>>
>>13772865
>another spicposting topic
You really have no life, do you
>>
>>13772949

This, the boring awkward pose for Devilman says it all. The best of the worst of Nagai's modern art.
>>
>>13772979

That's not what I would call "evolving".
>>
>>13775081
>>13775087
The legendary Italian known as the spic is finally here
>>
>inb4 someone insists this isn't Go Nagai because Nagai has nothing to do with Getter
>>
>>13777103
>in after the italian shitposts using a strawman based on misinterpretation of the English language
>>
>>13772964
>Then his art has really changed since 1974.

Come on man, these are drawn by other people. Nagai may make thumbnails or something, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is all emulation of his style.
>>
>>13782236
This is Nagai pal
>>
>>13782667
I know his name is on it, but it was more drawn by his assistants than him. I 100% guarantee it. Don't be gullible
>>
>>13782677
I guess you're a Nagai assistant then, thanks for the info
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.