[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tanks are superior to mechs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: ratte.jpg (171KB, 1920x863px) Image search: [Google]
ratte.jpg
171KB, 1920x863px
Tanks are objectively better than mechs; a tank could take down a mech in one clean shot to a sensitive area. Legs on a robot are a horrible idea, they can be disabled or shot and then its fucking useless. Tanks are also more maneuverable than mechs, since they don't need to haul all their fuckhuge equipment around and can simply tread over bumpy terrain, and are a smaller target. So in short, tanks are better then mechs, mech a shit.
>>
heres ur reply bro since this is /m/ this thread will reach post limit i just wanted u to knoe ur epic and your epic thread is real epic
EPIC BRO
>>
>>13771165

Yup. In the real world tanks and planes are more feasible and practical than mechs without a shadow of a doubt. Mechs aren't in the real world though. And that's a large part of the reason I like them. I like that they're a completely fantastical and silly contrivance that has no association with or baggage from the real world and can just be whatever the author wants them to be.
>>
here comes /k/ to ruin everyone's fun
>>
File: OP_is_a_fag.jpg (183KB, 317x699px) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_a_fag.jpg
183KB, 317x699px
>>
File: rip in peace to all are powmias.jpg (47KB, 695x391px) Image search: [Google]
rip in peace to all are powmias.jpg
47KB, 695x391px
>>13771165
tanks can't parkour like a robot so basically they have no tactical application in the modern battlefields of today
>>
With current technology, this is absolutely true.

But most mecha are based on technology that does not fully conform to modern techniques. You can't measure the scientific merits of a mech becuase there is no real world basis to compare it to. Future materials, energy sources, and other criteria all don't exist in any form yet and are therefor impossible to measure in any meaningful way.

No one understood the basis for what would some-day be an iphone in the early 1900s. The same can be said of quite a bit of future tech.
>>
File: 1375336044712.gif (177KB, 107x82px) Image search: [Google]
1375336044712.gif
177KB, 107x82px
Tanks are fun.
>>
File: not a single one.jpg (185KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
not a single one.jpg
185KB, 600x1200px
>>13771165
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.