[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP ME GOD OF POSSIBILTY EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 30

File: .gif (139KB, 600x322px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
139KB, 600x322px
HELP ME GOD OF POSSIBILTY EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO
>>
File: .jpg (96KB, 716x382px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
96KB, 716x382px
EVERYTHING IS OK BECAUSE MINEVA BANANA NEWTYPES EVEN SO EVEN SO EVEN SO
ENDED ALL CONFLICT IN UC EVEN SO EVEN SO
>>
File: .jpg (94KB, 712x381px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
94KB, 712x381px
EVEN S-
>>
HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE
>>
>>13771027
OH SHIT
>>
>>13771027
>>13771028
I love these disc things
>>
>>13770999

How are people still missing the point of Unicorn's finale this hard after several years? It was never about stopping all conflict everywhere forever or anything like it - just closing the book on Zeon and asking people to stop using it's name or ideology as some kind of rallying point because it had become irreversibly tainted by the actions of it's followers.
>>
PROSPERITY AND PEACE I BELIEVE
>>
>>13771051
FUG
>>
File: AMURO.jpg (59KB, 312x780px) Image search: [Google]
AMURO.jpg
59KB, 312x780px
MY NAME IS AMURA RAY
>>
>>13771042
they could have done that by not making another fucking zeon story
it's like those asshats that make a thread complaining about there being too many threads on a subject
>>
SORE DEMO
O
R
E
D
E
M
O
>>
>>13771042
>closing the book on Zeon and asking people to stop using it's name or ideology as some kind of rallying point because it had become irreversibly tainted by the actions of it's followers.
>side story manga set after Unicorn where Zeon Remnants take the Laplace Box as inspiration that Zeon was right and plan to render the Earth uninhabitable
>a Unicorn novel sequel where will probably get even more Zeon Remnants out of nowhere

Looks like Sunrise missed this so-called 'point' of Unicorn even more than the fans did.
>>
HEY BUDDY WATCH WHERE YOU
>>
>>13771109
FUCK
>>
>>13771112
>>
>>13771091

Well given that you just assume that's what the novel will be about I'd say it's jumping the gun more than a little.
>>
>>13771109
Zaku on GM crime is under reported
>>
>>13771027
>>13771028
>>13771032
Apparently the bugs show up again in the Victory gundam novelization for even more sadness and despair, gotta love early 90s Tomino
>>
>>13771115
Shit nigga that part was brutal. The series has been so comfy up to that then they were talking about dismembered fucking arms.
>>
>>13771346
Tomino is like that Bob Ross quote, you gotta have the bad times so you know when the good times come
>>
File: fe20131113rkc.jpg (230KB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
fe20131113rkc.jpg
230KB, 1936x1296px
>>13771367
Deaths for all ages and occasions! Deaths by suspension, convulsion, consumption, incision, execution, asphyxiation and malnutrition-! Climatic carnage, by poison and by steel-! Double deaths by duel-!
>>
>>13771091
>side story manga
not canon
>a Unicorn novel sequel
not canon

Only animated works are canon within their own respective timelines.

>>13771042
Because they didn't really pay attention to what happened in Unicorn. They just read it somewhere else, then when they watched Unicorn they project their ideas of what's going on onto it, and thus you end up with a cycle of people who deliberately misunderstood Unicorn that you find only on /m/.
It might have something to do with it being quite literally the most popular Gundam release of the last 10 years, especially in the West, so that gives people further incentive to make up bullshit reasons not to like it, because we have to be contrarian. I'm sure there's direct correlation between a show's MAL and ANN scores and how much /m/ hates on it. What with G-Reco being the lowest rated main Gundam series of all time on most places, it's not wonder that /m/ adores it.
>>
>>13771456
I see people shit on G-Reco all the time here.
>>
>>13771465
And they're mostly met with 10 times as many replies calling them a retard. People on shit on G-Reco here to provoke others, like shitting on Fighter G Gundam, 00 S1 or 0079.
>>
>>13771477
>And they're mostly met with 10 times as many replies calling them a retard.
[citation needed]

I've both mostly positive and mostly negative threads for G-Reco.
>>
>>13771456
>sooper speshul bland gary stu whose ideals are infallible and everything goes right for him
>his super robot that is more powerful than everything in the franchise except for a literal doomsday device
>achieves perfect UNDERSTANDING even when the main heroes of the franchise had failed to do so
>beat Zeon, the Federation, and Char while spouting perfect just ideals with his perfect Mary Sue gf
>the revelation of an easily-dismissed 'lost article' of the constitution somehow is more important than a literal, impossible miracle in the sky
>>
>>13771112
>>
>>13771456
>What with G-Reco being the lowest rated main Gundam series of all time on most places, it's not wonder that /m/ adores it.
/m/ is not a hivemind, anon, please don't generalize.
I have only ever dropped two Gundam series: Superior Defender Gundam Force and G-Reco. Just because there are a few highly argumentative die-hards who won't shut up does not mean that everyone on /m/ likes something.
>>
>>13771516
>inb4 muh silent majority
>>
>>13771075
Holy fuck, is that shading? In fucking Victory?
>>
File: 1453231661614.jpg (156KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1453231661614.jpg
156KB, 500x375px
>>13771553
Try watching it rather than reading the wiki entry, [EG]s putting the BD out now so you don't have an excuse
>>
>>13771566
I tried that. F91 got me hyped for late UC and then Victory turned out to be a total eyesore.
>>
>>13771322
They also show up on the Turn A manga and nearly kill that girl who liked Loran, they also learned how to mimic Haros before going for the kill
>>
BUT HEY AT LEAST IT'S NOT NEO DOUBLE SUPER EX ULTRAMAX THIRD STRIKE BLOOD VENGEANCE LAST ROUND CALAMITY TRIGGER ZEON THIS TIME AROUND
>>
>>13771042
I've seen a retard say they don't want F91 and Victory to be canon because, as he put it, they don't fit in thematically with Unicorn's ending. Considering how they existed long before Unicorn, and how all major UC entries are by the same guy, they shouldn't be canon because Unicorn had a happy ending.
>>
>>13771487

> super robot that is more powerful than everything in the franchise except for a literal doomsday device

It's not even the most powerful unit in it's own show. The Unicorn lost to the Neo Zeong, which was pulling the kind of miraculous shit the Unicorn could when awakened as part of it's normal functions. It could melt enemy weapons at will across an entire battlefield and active psycofields without issue - which neither the Nu or Unicorn can do as more than one off miracles which require specific circumstances.

> the revelation of an easily-dismissed 'lost article' of the constitution somehow is more important than a literal, impossible miracle in the sky

Most people didn't even see the miracle in the sky and had no idea what was happening where most everyone saw Mineva's broadcast, so yea, it's more important. Plus, all Amuro's miracle did was show that Char was full of shit to *some of) the audience and didn't prove anything to the general populace of the actual setting - which Unicorn was more about.
>>
File: sochiesharo.jpg (79KB, 679x523px) Image search: [Google]
sochiesharo.jpg
79KB, 679x523px
>>13771322
They're around longer than that.
>>
>>13771377
don't forget blowing up little toddler girls heads! hahaha. we all love that so much. best part of ideon is watching children die right guys?
>>
File: 2tqgqr.png (578KB, 704x479px) Image search: [Google]
2tqgqr.png
578KB, 704x479px
>>13771075
At least post the better one.
>>
>>13772128
Why don't you actually watch Ideon?
>>
>>13771483
Cool bullshit bro
>>
File: 1452809846797.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1452809846797.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>13771801
>The Unicorn lost to the Neo Zeong,
Nice fanfiction
>>
File: 1452052552912.jpg (10KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452052552912.jpg
10KB, 352x240px
>>13771456
>It might have something to do with it being quite literally the most popular Gundam release of the last 10 years, especially in the West, so that gives people further incentive to make up bullshit reasons not to like it, because we have to be contrarian.
Just like SEED and Destiny right? Because there's nothing wrong with them that's just /m/ being contarian.
>>
>>13771456
The biggest fucking irony is that there's more meaningful discussion here than anywhere else on the net since the people who watched it praised it for the animation and don't remember anything about the story plus the majority are watching it has their introduction to the franchise, when you put all that into perspective its praise on those sites mean very little.

Almost like /a/ found more in G-Reco than Unicorn and those same retards that praised Unicorn found it too hard.
>>
>>13771042
>It was never about stopping all conflict everywhere forever or anything like it - just closing the book on Zeon and asking people to stop using it's name or ideology as some kind of rallying point because it had become irreversibly tainted by the actions of it's followers.
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>13771456
9/10

I almost took you seriously until you mentioned MAL and ANN.
>>
>>13771477
But that's wrong.
>>
>>13772492
Found the retard
>>
>>13772360

The Neo Zeong manhandled the Unicorn and the Banshee at the same time like they were petulant children when they fought. The aftermath of that webm you posted is the Neo Zeong just no-selling both their shots before returning fire. The most damage they do in the entire fight is to destroy two of it's arms. Out of like, a dozen. Then Frontal and Banana go on an acid trip through the memories of the universe and the Neo Zeong dissolves afterwards. The Unicorn never beat it, Banana made it's pilot give up by extinguishing his ennui and the unit itself dissolved due to the nature of the psycofield because of it.
>>
>>13771346
>>13771115
I don't know Japanese, so I can't understand the original meaning of the line, but in the version I saw was something like "I think those are just hands." I always wondered if it meant literally they were severed hands, or if it was a more figurative "It's not Will reaching out, it's just hands because will isn't alive anymore" sort of thing.

Pretty bad either way though, honestly.
>>
>>13771109
>>13771112
I never understood where Will got that GM from, I thought all the mobile suits came from the moon and the mountain cycle?
>>
>>13771477
>comparing trash like 00 and G-reco to works of art like G Gundam and 0079

Kill yourself.
>>
>>13772579
It's not a GM, it's a Cannon Illefuto.
>>
>>13772579

There were lots of mountain cycles around the place. They found the Kapools in one, Luziana found the Borjarnons in another, the Moonrace found the Muttowoos or however you spell it in a third one somewhere on Earth. Will found the Cannon Illefuto in the same place he'd found the Willgame spaceship - or even possibly on board it.
>>
>>13771042
>just closing the book on Zeon and asking people to stop using it's name or ideology as some kind of rallying point because it had become irreversibly tainted by the actions of it's followers.
Then what was CCA?
>>
File: AmeriaMap.png (948KB, 1481x1002px) Image search: [Google]
AmeriaMap.png
948KB, 1481x1002px
>>13772579
>>13772588
The funny part is, if you go by the map of Ameria, -the- Mountain Cycle is about in the area of DC.

That's right folks, people been digging up the Air and Space Museum.
>>
>>13772648

Closing the book and Char and Amuro. It did fuck all to disprove Zeon itself or even really do anything to dissuade the Zeon soldiers following Char given that no-one spoke to them or addressed what was bad about Zeon. All it did was have Amuro and Char argue to the audience.
>>
>>13772554
> The most damage they do in the entire fight is to destroy two of it's arms.

Wtf are you talking about? Unicorn destroyed the front arms holding him and managed to tear the Neo Zeong's armour with it's bare hands to damage Sinanju. The Back arms then had to be used to stop Banana, leaving the Banshee free to Fuck his behind.
>>
>>13772687

You can see the Sinanju in following shots and there's very little actual damage to it. The most damaging thing either of them did the entire fight was Banana break two of the arms holding him. They also destroyed the propellant tanks, but it's not like they're important. And while Banshee may have been free to fuck it from behind after Frontal had to toss it aside to regrab Banana (which he did), Banshee didn't actually do so at any point. As soon as Frontal grabs the Unicorn again they go on the acid trip and then afterwards Frontal is finally persuaded to stop being an emo and the suit dissolves. Neither of the two units ever do significant damage to the Neo Zeong and they certainly don't beat it.
>>
>>13772699
Banshee couldn't do anything at that point, since all its weapons were destroyed by the psycoshard thing and Riddhe couldn't do newtype punches.
>>
>>13772726

Exactly. They lost to the Neo Zeong, and it wasn't even really a contest at any point. Unicorn needed a one off miracle to sweep aside a fleet afterwards, but the Neo Zeong was able to activate a pscyofield and destroy all of the Unicorn and Banshee's weapons at a whim.
>>
>>13772570
I saw a chinese sub and the line was something among the lines of "there might be nothing left below the hands"
>>
>>13772570
They're literally just arms because his body is a burger
>>
>>13772666
Would you play a Fallout game loosely based around Turn A ?
>>
File: 1444636810166.jpg (116KB, 1516x892px) Image search: [Google]
1444636810166.jpg
116KB, 1516x892px
>>13772771
>Fallout
>>
>>13772771

Fallout seems pretty far removed from Turn-A both tonally and aesthetically so while I'd be willing to at least give it a look I can't imagine it turning out that well. I'd rather just play a Turn-A game if I was wishing for something.
>>
>>13772798

Addendum: while I think Fallout is a terrible game to base a Turn-A game or mod on, I think it might be pretty appropriate for a game or mod about the Turn-A's past and the apocalyptic use of the moonlight butterfly that wiped out all technology on Earth.
>>
>>13772771
Depends...Do I get to pilot the Turn-A? Or at least a Borjarnon?
>>
>>13772771
I could just imagine
>something something rebuilding civilization on wasteland blahblahblah
>quest and reward with npc like every other game
>at some point of the story you fight along/against some mobile suits
>you finally get to pilot one for that one climatic mission
>never get to to that ever again
>>
>>13772822
Wouldn't Gundam X be more fitting thematically?
Though both Gundam settings are much more rebuilt than Fallout.
>>
>>13772864

G could also be rather strangely appropriate, given that the show pushes the idea that Earth is pretty well fucked thanks to the Gundam fight tournaments causing so much damage on top of pollution and shit. A lot of the urban scenes that I recall are rather decayed and ruined - though it has been a few years since I've seen it.
>>
>>13772570
For what its' worth, it's both.

With the official subs:
>>
>>13772749
>Exactly. They lost to the Neo Zeong, and it wasn't even really a contest at any point. Unicorn needed a one off miracle to sweep aside a fleet afterwards, but the Neo Zeong was able to activate a pscyofield and destroy all of the Unicorn and Banshee's weapons at a whim.

What the fuck are you smoking. even before Full Frontal gave up, Banana made a psychofield that is like a Moonlight Butterfly, and destroyed its four arms immediately.

Banagher is not looking to kill Full Frontal, but merely subdue his anger, but in all cases, Neo Zeong doesn't have anything that can stop Unicorn when it can shit out Psychofield Moonlight Butterflies at will
>>
Remember when Klim killed a full street of people to get back at his dad
>>
>>13771874
Saw this posted a few times, what is it even? One of the manga adaptations of the show or a joke doujin?
>>
>>13773627
>and destroyed its four arms immediately.
Not exactly.
Both units went into the absolute nothingness after the end of time itself. Banana maintained his and the Unicorn's integrity through this, FF did not. What happened to the Neo Zeong was millions of years of decay happening all at once.
>>
>>13773683
Manga adaptation, some anon several years ago (almost a decade now?) tried to scanlate the first chapters though of course nothing happened to it.
>>
>>13773627

Yes, and by the same measure, Full Frontal isn't looking to kill Banagher (or Riddhe), but to convince him of the justness of his actions. Which is why when he activated the psycofield he didn't just melt the Unicorn and Banshee out of existence, only their weapons. Or did you forget that Banagher and Riddhe couldn't do anything to stop him when he did that?

It's also almost certainly the Neo Zeong's own psycofield that Banagher uses to dissolve the Neo Zeong's four arms since the Unicorn is actually within it at the time it happens. For a start, the entire rest of the Neo Zeong dissolves in the same manner only a few seconds later, which the director and writer of the work have confirmed as being by Full Frontal's own will, because he had lost the desire to fight - which the psycofield responded to by taking away his power to fight. A psycofield responds to the will of those within it, not just the will of the person who activates it. For a second we don't see the Unicorn's pyscofield activate at that point, or at any point during that fight - only several minutes later when it's trying to stop the colony laser. We do see the Neo Zeong's psycofield resonate seconds later when the entire thing begins to crumble though. Here you can see it as the orange lines spider-webbing out from the suit, which happens reliably every time someone activates a psycofield during the finale.
>>
>>13774494

Even if it is the Unicorn's pyscofield though, what that means is that at most the Unicorn is able to match the Neo Zeong's psycofield ability, but still lost to it in an actual fight and doesn't have abilities the Neo Zeong has - like the ability to absorb beam weaponry without activating the psycofield and sheer size, strength and firepower on it's side. It also had a much easier time of activating the psycofield itself in the first place, so it's still the better unit regardless.

Banagher is a stronger newtype than Full Frontal and did more with the psycofield than him, including becoming what the show terms a perfected newtype, but any psycofield rich unit like the Unicorn, Banshee or Neo Zeong can enable a pilot to do that - not just the Unicorn. It was Banagher that enabled the crystallization process, not the Unicorn specifically and uniquely. A better newtype isn't, by the way, an invention of Fukui or Sunrise. Tomino himself came up with the idea and was going to have Judau become a "true" newtype in the finale of the original plan for ZZ, a newtype who would go beyond Amuro or Kamille in some nebulous manner and achieve something they didn't by convincing people to move beyond the colonial conflicts plaguing the era and for most Earthnoids to finally leave Earth behind and move in to space because of it. All they did was re-use that idea which Tomino had had to abandon, presumably due to production issues with Char's Counterattack.
>>
File: Not canon lol.png (2MB, 1718x1694px) Image search: [Google]
Not canon lol.png
2MB, 1718x1694px
>>13771456
>Only animated works are canon
That's not how it works.

Only -mecha- that are animated are %100 canon. The stories they are part of aren't included in that rule, and Sunrise doesn't seem to care much.

Example; Formula Wars 0122 got a thumbs up from Sunrise as being fine, even the minor incursion into earth by Oldsmobile forces, but the RF shit is no-go, so according to Sunrise, if the events of Formula Wars 0122 are to be considered, Zeon was just using old Zakus, Doms, Gelgoogs, and various variants (similar to Unicorn.)
>>
>>13775485

The secret is that Japs don't care about "canon" like Westerners do. The Japanese attitude seems to be "Whatever version of the story you like best is all that matters". Think the TV version of a show is "canon"? That's cool. Movie version instead? That's all good.

Spergin' about whether the 0079/Zeta TV show or movies are canon is pointless because the Japanese do not give half a fuck about that. They'll freely add elements from both in future shows (See; Unicorn, which had the Zeta movies' tech and tech style, but ZZ plot elements) and there's nothing that you can do about it.
>>
Someone just make an /m/ thread simulator vid off this thread pls.
>>
>>13775666
>Spergin' about whether the 0079/Zeta TV show or movies are canon is pointless because the Japanese do not give half a fuck about that.

Well, in the case of the UC, Japs apparantly care a lot about canon.
>>
>>13771572
>victory an eye sore
Those action scenes were pretty good still senpai.
>>
>>13773644
But they all got out of the way (maybe).
>>
>>13771032
Wait, really?
I got sick of 'em pretty quickly.
They just kinda fly around and go vrrvrvrvrvrvvvrrr.
And it really highlights F91s weird lack of music in some scenes.
>>
>>13775893
It's a fucking spinning sawblade, what the fuck did you think it was gonna do?
>>
>>13775964
I know it's a flying sawblade, anon, I just thought it was a really boring design choice.
>>
>>13775976
they knew that though so they added the extra feature so when you're starting to get bored, it surprises you
BY FUCKING EXPLODING
fun for the whole family
>>
I preferred the drones the A-Laws use in the first episode of season two of 00. They had a nice, minimalist and compact design. I wish Gundam featured on-foot fighting more often.
>>
>>13776058
Agreed but only if its about the early OYW Feddies who had to face Zakus without Mobile Suits otherwise fuck off
>>
>>13776084

> more One Year War shit

Nah, fuck off yourself mate. I don't mind the idea of foot to mobile suit fighting (or mobile suit to anything but other mobile suit fighting), but I meant infantry versus infantry, drones or small scale vehicle combat in any setting.
>>
File: RGM-79 and variants.jpg (4MB, 2883x2566px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79 and variants.jpg
4MB, 2883x2566px
>>13775704
>Well, in the case of the UC, Japs apparantly care a lot about canon.

They don't. Like, at all.

They just happen to like technical manuals, Entertainment bibles, and Master archives and even those just have a niche and just give fluffy details about stuff rather than anything important.
>>
>>13777423
It's hard to say that they don't care when UC timeline exists.
>>
>>13776098
I'd be down for some more stuff like the attack on Torrington base in Unicorn. Not just mobile suit vs mobile suit wide scale battles, but also infantry, tanks, planes, even mobile armors. That shit was baller, doesn't matter what universe or timeline another battle like that can happen, I just need another.
>>
>>13776058
The way the legs unpacked was contrived and impractical though.
>>
>>13773690
Literally every single official source says you're full of shit, retard.
>>
File: Gundamsucks.png (263KB, 479x316px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamsucks.png
263KB, 479x316px
Y'all niggas realize Gundam sucks no matter how you try to interpret it, right?

Why do we even have these threads still if everyone agrees the franchise is complete shit?
>>
>>13777434
There's a timeline for every setting, what are you talking about?
>>
>>13772666

I don't think Tomino understands just how big America is.
>>
>>13771739
I've read an argument that Late UC should be retconned out of canon because "they might as well just be AU since they aren't connected at all to UC". In addition to the "ruining Unicorn's ending".
>>
>>13777594
Quite, though don't think too much about it. If they went for accuracy in terms of distance it would have slowed down the pacing further.
>>
>>13777717

Or they could just not place everything far apart
>>
>>13777721
They needed the change in locales to further the plot if you didn't noticed. (sunbelt, houston etc)
>>
>>13777474
UC has the most flushed out timeline and thereby most subject to canon. OYW happened. Neo-Zeon Wars happened. CCA happened. That stuff is all canon and creators of each successive entry into UC are beholden to it.
>>
It would be nice if they made a series or OVA between Unicorn and F91.
>>
>>13772670

CCA was a good way to end the "Zeon" Rebellion.

All this shit happen when Casval's father preach about "The Next Step of Human Evolution" where one of his subordinate decided to kill the fucker and assume control and unleash a devastating war of Independence they have achieved so many fucking years ago by killing fellow spacenoids in the name of Zeonic Supremacy.

By the start of CCA one of the legacy of Zeon, Char is facing the savior mankind, Amuro. This is where Casval's Father idea were best represent, 2 Newtype fought each other, while Char exploit his Newtype powers and the idea of "Gravity Souls" bullshit Amuro although a fucking Newtype himself believe in HUMAN, ie Everything and Everyone, not Oldtype nor Newtype, He fought not for some silly ideal or personal gain but to save motherfucking human who are living in the motherfucking Earth and prepare to push a goddamn asteroid away from Earth.

This fucking action fucking inspired Zeon pilot to abandon their mission and help together push the asteroid because of the idiotic plan to wipe out Human on earth just because they are polluting the planet and their souls were weighed down by fucking gravity. That should be the end of it, Amuro represent EF and Char represent Zeon, in the end neither are the winner but Mankind is a true winner in this war because some guy with an afro died protecting them.

tl;dr Unicorn just make Amuro sacrifice senseless
>>
>>13777751
I feel conflicted about it. On one hand it would bridge the gap, but on the other it keeps that distinct separation so that the later UC stuff can create stories in which the earlier stuff doesn't really matter. I think that was the point of F91 having taken place decades after CCA.
>>
>>13777834

I just want to see more later UC animated to be honest. I'm not saying I need to see Hathaway's Flash but it would interesting to see what happens in between the demise of Zeon and the rise of other factions in later UC like Crossbone Vanguard or the Zanscare Empire. There's so much that they have to work with.
>>
File: filth.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
filth.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>13778075
>that SEED score
>that G-Reco score
I think I'm gonna throw up. Right in my normal suit.
>>
>>13778214
note that Wing is the highest ranked one
>>
>>13778075
Okay, so either ANN is a poor representation of anime fandom made up of weeaboos or it's representative of the western anime fandom as a whole.

LET'S GET THIS CLARIFIED NOW!
>>
>>13778229
> ANN is a poor representation of anime fandom made up of weeaboos
This to be honest with my kazoku.
>>
>>13774494

> Yes, and by the same measure, Full Frontal isn't looking to kill Banagher (or Riddhe), but to convince him of the justness of his actions.

This is something I never understood, or maybe it's just a Gundam thing. Who gives a shit whether you're right or not? Dead means dead. You don't need to convince someone, just kill the fuck out of them.

Seriously, Full Frontal had them on the ropes. I don't even know how many fucking giant Vishnu arms he had left.
>>
>>13771027
>>13771028
Damn son
>>
>>13778248

Gundam likes to pretend that its central characters and conflicts are philosophers rather than soldiers.

This is why mobile suit pilots tend to carry on longwinded monologues or engage in college debate team tier discussions while shooting at each other. Which is funny when the writers have forgotten that there is literally no way for those two people to actually be talking to each other at that time, so its really just two people having vaguely related monologues to themselves at the same time.

Imagine if the real world was like that. The trenches of WW1 would have been a fucking cacophony as every single individual soldier was compelled to word vomit their entire sociopolicital opinion on the nature of war, the human condition, and the dignity of the human spirit or whatever all at the same time whenever the bullets started flying.

Meanwhile, across no mans land, the exact same thing is going on in a different language as the enemy does the same. At no point in this is anyone actually listening to what anyone else is saying, they are just acting out their soliliquies and shooting guns.
>>
>>13778273
> every single individual soldier
No, just the protagonist and antagonist.
>>
>>13775704
But they don't, at all they at most have a very loose definition about that and still use many things that contradict other things
>>
>>13777742
Are you retarded or something? How is it that acknowledging important things happened in a certain order proves what you're saying? Because otherwise what happened to all the tech that appeared in the ovas or anime between the major conflicts? Just evaporate? They have a timeline but keep putting a lot of shit there that would make no ssensse if they were as anal about canon they wouldn't put it there
>>
>>13778335
>Because otherwise what happened to all the tech that appeared in the ovas or anime between the major conflicts? Just evaporate?

Literally yes, thats what Gundam wants you to believe happened.

After Unicorn, every every every person in the solar system decides 100% unanimously that psychoframe is too power for any any any body to use, so all psychoframe is destroyed and all research on it is outlawed and every every everybody actually agrees to and follows through with that. No one in the universe ever ever ever touches that forbidden technology again. Not even the explicitly crazy, evil, or desperate people.

Because making a doomsday weapon that will kill all life on earth is one thing, but using psychoframe!? We agreed to never do that!

This is the future you chose. There didn't have to be more gundam, but you wanted it, and this is the result.
>>
>>13772360
Say what you want about Unicorn but the sound of the lasers was so fucking cool.
>>
>>13778387

Maybe there should have been MORE LASERS, AND LESS TALKING.

Like, that's the thing that really fucking irks me about Full Frontal. It's not a fight, not really - Banagher wins through ideology and space magic, not because he's the better fighter. The fight is completely irrelevant, which is likely why they kept cutting away to show the princess chatting with the old fuck who was behind it all.

Seriously, that's just boring. The last fight should matter. It should be a "You know, if the villain kills you here, he still wins everything." But instead, it's just a...Sort of a footnote to having the moral high ground, you know?

I mean, 0079? Neither Char nor Amuro won the argument, really. It came down to who could fuck the other guy up. In the end, they were like "Yeah, let's agree to disagree."
>>
>>13774494
>>13774505
What you dont realize that Full Frontal is a weak newtype, so they need a fucking huge psychoshard just to combat the psychoframe in the Unicorn and fucking what? It can only manage to destroy weapons.

It can't even use the controlling wired funnel arms because, lol funnel hi-jack.

Meanwhile Unicorn can shit out Psychofield Moonlight Butterfly, disable every mobile suit, withstand a colony laser. And also be God Gundam calling an unactivated Gundam just by shout calling it, and increase its barehanded abilities just by willpower.

No weapon in the NeoZeong can touch Unicorn.

Just look at 7:19, Unicorn just shit out a psychofield wave that destroyed NeoZeong's arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKjDRQvPobA

>inb4 its just NeoZeong rusting because they traveled through time.

LOL FUCKING SPACE IS A FUCKING VACUUM
>>
>>13778395
thank god Unicorn isn't canon
>>
>>13778392
Because, Unicorn really just overpowers Neo Zeong. There's no weapon in the Neo Zeong can touch the Unicorn, that is why Full Frontal tried to destroy the Industrial 7 so Banagher can't get in to the Unicorn.

But he still did anyway when he called it.

So, the moment that Banagher got in the Unicorn in that last part, Full Frontal was good as dead. It is going to be embarrassing for a Mobile Armor to lose to a mobile suit hilariously so its better battle with ideology
>>
>>13778398

Its only not canon until a later gundam show references it. Then its canon.

Kind of like how CCA didn't used to be canon because it contradicted other timeline stuff, until now its the cornerstone of other stuff.
>>
>>13777820

Char's Counterattack is, in my opinion at least, a terrible way to end the Zeon rebellion because it says fuck all about Zeon itself. It does such a bad job of representing Zeon that I've seen people here genuinely argue that the Zeon pilots who help push the asteroid in the finale do so not because they realized Char was a fraud, or that their ideals weren't worth the sacrifice or what have you, but because Amuro brainwashed them using newtype magic and the letter T. Not a single guy mind you, this was the majority of the thread against which I had to argue that that was unnecessary to explain their actions and that there's really nothing in the film to support it.

Char also does a bad job of representing Zeon because he's only leading Zeon from a purely selfish desire to have one last fight with Amuro and get revenge on him for Lalah. All leaders are selfish to some degree, but everything he does in the film is geared towards those two goals and his leading Zeon is basically just a means to those ends, which means we never get to see anything of Zeon or what he thinks it represents or why it's good or bad or anything because of it.

Unicorn didn't make Amuro's sacrifice pointless. If anything Char's Counterattack itself did that given that almost no-one even saw or understood what was happening even by the movie's own finale (a couple of people look up in curiosity and have no idea what the light is after Axis starts to move away) and no-one in the film ever addressed the population to say why Zeon is a bad thing, so of course other Zeon is going to have other people wondering about their ideologies since nothing was ever done to say they shouldn't.

>>13778227

Only in terms of the number of people who've seen it. It's actually scores are middle of the pack. Lots of stuff is rated higher, including 0079, Zeta, Char's Counterattack, Turn-A and 0080.
>>
>>13778624

>>13778395

I don't think you actually read a single word in either of my posts, because I already addressed everything you just said in the posts you linked. For instance, the Neo Zeong didn't "crumble because of rust", an argument I'm not sure anyone has ever made, it crumbled because Frontal had lost the will to fight and the psycofield responded to this by taking away his ability to. Something that's obvious even in the show given the fact that Full Frontal passes on just before it happens, but has been confirmed by the staff as per: http://pastebin.com/eT7jMp7N

> Upon return from the void, the Neo Zeong's armour was weakened to the point that a mere touch would cause it to crumble. This is because when Full Frontal finally understood Banagher's will, the psychofield responded to this by taking away the Neo Zeong's ability to fight by making it disintegrate.

There is nothing in the show to suggest that the Neo Zeong couldn't do everything the Unicorn did in terms of psycofield ability while still being a stronger suit, or even that Frontal himself was that much weaker a newtype that he wouldn't have been able to do the same - just that he never had the desire to destroy the Unicorn or Banshee entirely, only disarm them.
>>
>>13778632
If you watch the whole sequence again you dumb fucking idiot, Full Frontal didnt even lost the will to fight, actually you can even see that Full Frontal just barraged Banana with despair.

Unicorn shat out a psychofield that destroyed its arms.

What they commented on when Banana does the E3 pose.

And look at the fight, the Neo Zeong can't even touch the two of them until they close in because they have no weapons because the psychoshard destroyed it, and still got its shit fucked hard by Unicorn karate chops.

How is the Neo Zeong strong when it can be destroyed by a fucking karate chops?
>>
File: 1188057415577.jpg (36KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
1188057415577.jpg
36KB, 250x382px
>>13771377
Tomino killed a lot of people but a lot of them weren't graphic deaths. Hell, he doesn't even do the most graphic deaths in the franchise
>>
>>13778732
its "unicorn wasn't thought through" strong
>>
>>13778765
The mom death in the OP is much more hard hitting than any dumb gore
>>
>>13778767
Honestly, the only thing Full Frontal has going in that fight is his super strong hatred, that is why Banana wasn't even able to Newtype pressure him to death like what he did to Angelo.

I mean seriously, Banana is the first Newtype that made a peaceful newtype pressure that is not even a malicious intent, unlike what Sirocco or Haman does

Unicorn can even shit out unlimited shield funnels.

Honestly the Psychoshard can't do shit but only explode ammunition. Just look at the fight, Unicorn's vulcans didnt explode because it has no more ammo.
>>
>>13778732

> actually you can even see that Full Frontal just barraged Banana with despair

Yes, and then Banana finds light and warmth in transient life despite that despair and shows the light to Full Frontal who gives a single line of denial before Lalah and Char's spirit tell him to let it go and he passes on. It's that light and warmth that defeats him ultimately, nothing to do with the Unicorn itself. When Banana finds that warmth the psycofield responds by literally freeing him from Frontal's grasp. When Frontal passes on, there's no will left to fight and the unit crumbles around him. This isn't the Unicorn's psycofield alone by the way, it's the psycofield of both units interacting. Same as in Char's Counterattack's finale, because the psycofield isn't a straight and simple "point and shoot" weapon, once it's activated it responds to the unconscious desire of the people inside it, regardless of stated desire.

> Unicorn shat out a psycofield that destroyed it's arms

And Neo Zeong shat out a psycofield that destroyed every single weapon on both the Unicorn and Banshee at once. Somehow though you keep acting like this is a different and lesser thing.

> Neo Zeong can't even touch the two of them until they close in

Neo Zeong either flat out ignores their attacks (the gatling rounds just ping harmlessly off it's armor) or absorbs them (the beam magnum shots of both units at once). The only thing that touches it is the beam magnum shots to the propellant tanks, which aren't part of the unit itself and so the i-fields or whatever it's using don't cover them. They don't close in as a tactical decision to gain the advantage, they close in because they have no other means to fight. And when they do the Neo Zeong immediately retrains them. Even then, despite Unicorn going kung-fu on the Sinanju it only does superficial damage to the Neo Zeong itself in reality and it is in control of the fight all the way until Frontal and Banana have their philosophy debate.
>>
>>13778918

The Banshee has in fact been rendered entirely impotent by it by the time the psycoframes activate. And the Banshee is a literal copy and paste of the Unicorn outside of the La+ system, which doesn't enter in to the fight. The difference between the Unicorn and Banshee is that Banana is a better newtype and a better person than Riddhe. Nothing more. He's a better newtype and a better person than Full Frontal too. And that's what allows him to win, not that the Unicorn is a better unit.

> How is the Neo Zeong strong when it came be destroyed by a fucking karate chops?

Psycofields son, I ain't gotta explain shit. Unicorn is in a psycofield and wants free hard enough that it grants the ability to do so. Which is why you can see all that glowing green dust when it's happening. That's the trouble with psycofields, once they're on you can't really properly control what they're going to do and in this case it allowed the Unicorn to super kung fu the Neo Zeong. And yet despite doing that, it's the Neo Zeong that's in control and is able to restrain it again and then initiate the a trip through time afterwards, because it has a psycofield too and psycofields aren't stronger or weaker - they just are. When two interact, they merge not compete.

>>13778830

> Unicorn can even shit out unlimited shield funnels

If you by shit out you mean "can make use of something that was equipped", sure. They were all equipped as part of the Full Armor mode when it left the ship after all.

> the pscyoshard can't do shit but only epxlode ammunition

The vulcans didn't explode because they were already unable to be used as a weapon. It also destroyed the beam sabers despite them not really having ammunition as such, because what Full Frontal wanted to do was take away the two unit's weapons, not destroy them. What it did is functionally no different from Unicorn's dissolving it's arms.
>>
>>13778918
>>13778921
And that's the fucking point you fucking dunderhead. Neo Zeong is a shit Mobile Armor with all its fancy system cant do shit to Unicorn barehanded.

All that huge ass psychoshard Neo Zeong has can't keep up with Unicorn.

Even without the psychofield, Unicorn already shows that it can destroy things barehanded, just look what happened to the Kshatriya and the Asshimar flavor Jegan.

And how is Neo Zeong was in control of the fight? the fucker already lost its two arms easy and the camera unit is destroyed. Full Frontal has to release Banshee just to restrain Unicorn, even then, its only a matter of time before Unicorn chops its arms off again.

And look how the weapons blew up. It all started from the e-caps, the generator or the ammo storage. If the psychoshard and Full Frontal wants to disable, he could have just done what Unicorn did to the General Revil.

In fact that is the only thing Full Frontal can do because he is a shit newtype, so even with
a huge ass psychoshard only managed to show lackluster results compared to Banana

Neo Zeong is a shit Mobile Armor that cant even managed to keep two Mobile Suits at bay and it got karate chopped.
>>
>>13777717
No it doesn't, you just cut to them already arriving
>>
>>13778273

No Gundam series has ever portrayed its soldiers the way soldiers really are. You just kinda have to accept that.

if they were accurate anyway Japs would just say armies are full of jocks, dumbasses, and assholes
>>
>>13779271

> All that huge ass psycoshard Neo Zeong has can't keep up with Unicorn

Except it very clearly not only kept up with it, it allowed it to get rid of all of both the Unicorn and Banshee's weapons at once. Then when Banshee and Unicorn came in close was able to immediately restrain both. Unicorn used the psycofields to kung-fu it's way out of the hold but it was only able to do minor damage before it was restrained again without even needing to use the psycofields to do so. The only reason Unicorn was able to do anything was because Full Frontal was holding back and trying to convince Banana he had the moral high ground but was ultimately unable to. Which has nothing to do with the suit itself. Full Frontal lost and his unit was destroyed by the psycofields because of it, but the pysocfields could have just as easily destroyed the Unicorn if Banana had lost.

> how is Neo Zeong in control of the fight?

Well, let's see: Neo Zeong completely disables all the enemies weapons and forces them to come in close, one of the attacking suits is rendered entirely useless and the other is restrained, breaks free and is restrained again securely enough that the Neo Zeong's pilot can initiate a trip while holding him. Sounds like it's in control to me.

> look how the weapons blew up. It all started from the e-caps

Blowing up the e-caps was how the psycofield interpreted Frontal's desire to take away their ability to fight. That does not mean it's all it could do.

> he could have just done what Unicorn did to the General Revil

Psycoframes don't work that way. They aren't a point and shoot weapon. They're an unreliable thing that once activated operates on the desires of the people within them. That's why Anaheim and the Federation were afraid of them, because once you start one, you have no idea what'll happen and really no way to properly control it.
>>
>>13779797

> In fact that is the only thing Full Frontal can do

Even if that were true, his newtype ability has nothing to do with the relative strengths of the two units. Neo Zeong managed to beat one Unicorn type machine with little effort on the part of it's pilot while also fighting a second Unicorn machine, which he also managed to restrain.

> Neo Zeong is a shit mobile armor that can't even manage to keep two mobile suits at bay

Only it actually did keep two mobile suits at bay as a machine and it was only newtype shenanigans using psycofields that changed the course of the fight. Both the Neo Zeong and Unicorn have the ability to create psycofields (which don't have relative strengths, a psycofield is an absolute) and the reason that Full Frontal lost is because he lost the will to fight, which the two interacting psycofields reacted to by destroying his unit after he died. The Unicorn had nothing to do with that. That was entirely on Banana, along with Lalah and Char's ghosts.
>>
>>13779797
All this talk about banshee being harmless. Did you forget the only thing keeping banshee from Full Frontal is a Fucking MS Shield? What's going to stop him from at least disconnecting Sinanju from Neo Zeong if they didn't disappear into time?

Neo Zeong can't even restrain Unicorn without using all it's arms and Banana still managed to damage the Sinanju.
>>
>>13771067
>Amura
Nah nigga, That's big bertha
>>
>>13771566
Not him but Victory is pretty flat looking aside from a few key moments. It's a minor issue though.
>>
>>13780525

Putting aside that the Neo Zeong still has at least two large mega particle cannons pointing backwards (or just turn around to have several more guns) by default and a shit load of missiles that it can use to defend itself if need be, the Neo Zeong still has it's ability to control suits that it wasn't using at all during that fight. So if Riddhe was threatening to become a problem it still has a hold of the Unicorn with the exact weapon that can be used to take over control of the function of other suits, meaning it'd take no time at all to fire off the drill tipped bits that allow it to control a mobile suit in to the Unicorn and then let it go so that the Unicorn on top of the Neo Zeong are now primed and ready to deal with Riddhe. The Neo Zeong still having 5 arms, including one sub-arm at that point.

Banshee hadn't really done squat once it's weapons were destroyed though, because Riddhe isn't as determined as Banana and so he never fought back against seemingly overwhelming odds. That's why the Banshee never managed to escape or do anything once held while the Unicorn did despite being in a psycofield that makes desire reality. So even when released he's unlikely to have done much of consequence.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.