[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the original Gunbuster (before Diebuster) a super robot show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

Was the original Gunbuster (before Diebuster) a super robot show?
>>
>>13768742
Once Gunbuster appears, 100% definitely.
Before that, it's iffier.
>>
what the fuck OP
>>
>>13768765
Why tho, what was so super about him? That's like saying the Neo Zeong was a Super Robot.
>>
>>13768802
Neo Zeong is even more of a Super Robot
>>
>>13768803
Can you also explain why?
>>
>>13768802
>Why tho, what was so super about him?
The part where it's a superspecial prototype that's absolutely gigantic compared to everything else (until they made mechs based on it... and even then it's special compared to them, which ends up saving the day in the last episode) and saves the day singlehandedly for three episodes in a row (especially 5 where it just solos a bajillion aliens).
I guess the Sizzlers made for some nice still pictures of them exploding.
>>
>>13768815
The original Gundam was a prototype and always won everything, are you gonna tell me Gundam 0079 is a Super Robot Show now?
>>
>>13768822
Yes. No amount of "but muh jims really won the war" will change that.
>>
>>13768831
jims really won the war
>>
>>13768831
In that case what show isn't a Super Robot show?
Without the jims the zeeks would have won.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>13768742

Original Gunbuster is even mor Sci-Fi than a mecha show.

The robot is only a gimmick.
>>
It's a super robot in a real robot setting that slowly goes apeshit with crazy tech.

It's retarded to demand a 100% objectively correct denomination for those shows so let's stop there before the autism starts.
>>
>>13768884
But what is a normal robot show?
>>
>>13768891
Please don't.
>>
>>13768897
Listen i've been getting into mechs for about a year now and this something I never get an answer to.
>>
>>13768920
How about you just stop caring and watch whatever you want
>>
>>13768922
I already watch whatever I want but I still want to know.
>>
>>13768742
Yes, it's a super robot show. It's a little deceptive because it has a sort of military setting, but in the end the OVA is just about Gunbuster singlehandedly destroying millions of aliens with Super Inazuma Kicks and a beam deflecting cape.
>>
File: exelion.jpg (476KB, 2048x1423px) Image search: [Google]
exelion.jpg
476KB, 2048x1423px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEgcWquu_IA

GO FORTH! GO FORTH, EXELION!
SMASH THE STARS AND GO FORTH!
WITH THE DREAMS OF OUR FATHERS,
THE LOVE OF OUR MOTHERS,
AND A VOW ONCE MADE TO A PLANET FAR AWAY!

LA LA LA
THOUGH A RED GIANT MAY SCORCH THE HEAVENS
AND A GREAT WALL MAY STAND IN THE WAY
BELIEVE IN A MIRACLE
AND SING THAT SONG, LOUDLY!
>>
File: 1312306873928.jpg (2MB, 1429x3247px) Image search: [Google]
1312306873928.jpg
2MB, 1429x3247px
>>13768802
The part where it goes SUPAAAAAAAAAAAAA

INAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKU
>>
File: autisim.png (111KB, 286x308px) Image search: [Google]
autisim.png
111KB, 286x308px
>>13768941
You'll never get an answer. You'll only see an unending string of autism whenever the question is asked.
>>
>>13769710
What I always thought was most impressive was that Gunbuster survived the Buster machine 3 explosion. Sure, it may have been missing its lower half, but it was in the epicenter of a galaxy-destroying black hole explosion, but its pilots were completely safe and you could still recognize what it was.

I don't know its SRW stats, but I hope it's the tankiest unit there is.
>>
>>13768848
08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, MS Igloo, F91, X, first half of SEED, 00S1, IBO.
>>
>>13768802
It's design. The design of the lead robot(s) is the only true factor in Super/Real. All the people going on about story elements and shit are talking out their asses. Gunbuster looks like a Dragon/Ideon mix with the tiniest bit of Zaku mixed in, and as such it is a Super.
>>
>>13768742
First half just has giant robots. If that meets your mecha quota then sure. If that doesn't the second half will.
>>
THERE ARE NO REAL ROBOTS

GIANT ROBOTS DON'T EXIST

SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>13768891
Battle bots
>>
>>13773184
Ha
Super robots:1
"Real" robots:0
>>
>>13768848
>In that case what show isn't a Super Robot show?
Getter Robo is the realest real robot.
>>
>>13773553
I like how you had to put real in double quotation marks.
>>
I don't know anything about 'real' robot but Nono is a super robot!
>>
>>13768765

Before Gunbuster appears it's an anime where Wakamoto slaps bitches for 5 episodes.
>>
>>13768742

Yes, move name calling is a dead giveaway
>>
>>13773184

do you not understand it just means a "more realistic" concept

I mean are super fans truly disabled
>>
>>13775275
>>13775281
>legendary italiano known as the spic
>>
>>13775281
There is no realistic concept for giant robots though
>>
>>13775281
>>>/TVTropes/
>>
>>13775293

nigger you are so retarded, it's literally just a larger concept of something that already exists, so it's easy to see when some concepts from reality would still apply even if others don't.

If you can't understand that there are degrees of difference I can't help you, this is literally the dumbest argument I have ever seen on /m/
>>
File: 1453065898970.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453065898970.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
>>13775314
>less efficient, less armored, larger profile tank
>realistic

>inb4 BUT MUH ROBOTS CAN USE COVERS AND BOOSTERS
>>
>>13775322

practical and ideal are different concepts than realistic

why are you so shit at this
>>
>>13775314
>filename
Someone seems a bit upset that I recognize the concept as stupid and nonsensical for the purposes you see in robot shows. Also, if this is the stupidest "argument" you've seen on /m/, you must not have been here very long.
>>
>>13775336

you've changed your argument from "no giant robot is any more realistic than any other" to "robots are not the ideal combat unit" to try and appear less retarded
>>
File: Not this dude.png (44KB, 482x317px) Image search: [Google]
Not this dude.png
44KB, 482x317px
>>13775353
I'm not >>13775322, but you go ahead and continue with your assumptions.
>>
>>13775353
No one was claiming that it no giant robot is any more realistic than any other. What was being claimed was that no staff of any giant robot show tries to make any giant robot seem more realistic than any other.

Sure, some are used under more plausible circumstances than others, and some do more plausible things than others, but these are purely a storytelling convention. Almost no mecha shows attempt to sit down and hammer out what makes their mechas totally 100% legit using real world physics, and if they do, it's never in the actual show. Only side materials bother with that crap because a staff that has half a brain will realize that for the most part, no one cares.
>>
>>13768742
See here is he thing that allot of people don't seem to get, "REAL" and "SUPER" don't really have any meaning, MAINLY in terms of the robots. Now stay with me here, these two definitions and genres are more importantly defined by their CHARACTERS than by their machines. Gundam and Evangelion Gunbuster and Bokurano all have immense multi coloured robots doing powerful stuff, but at the end of the day all of these groups are grounded REAL charecters, there for i would consider them to be real robot even if the titular mecha is stylistically not. 28 days later is a "real" zombie movie, dead alive or evil dead is a super zombie movie, catch my drift?
>>
>>13775290
Getterfag pls don't fill this thread with your autism.
>>
>>13775410
Is this bait?
>>
>>13775417
There's no room for anymore autism now that you're here.
>>
>>13775314
>it's literally just a larger concept of something that already exists

You're totally right.

>Breast Fire
Giant toaster
>Rust Hurricane
Sea salt + giant fan
>Rocket Punch
Fist shaped missile with Space X returning capabilities
>Photon Beam
Lasers ain't gotta explain shit
>>
To answer the question: It's iffy because Gunbuster was one of Gainax's first Orginals, and the writing...Isn't focused. I would say both since it looks like it does need to be maintained. At the same time: "BUSTER HOOOOMMMMEEEEERUUUUNNNN".
In other words, it's like some of the Super Robots in SRW:OG, They're techinically SR dispite the fact that they are played with the logic of Real Robots by the own series Logic of what 'Realism' is.
Or just blame the unfocused writing.
>>
>>13768742
Like most Gainax mecha, it is a mix of the two.
>>
>>13776486
You don't get to look like Gunbuster does and claim you're anything but a Super, sorry. And believe you me, they knew exactly what they were doing with Gunbuster, which was combining cute girls and giant robots to financially recover from the failure that was Honneamise. Plot served only as an excuse to do that.
>>
>>13775410
That is not what real/super actually means, it is probably something you made up
>>
>>13776564
Bullshit, Gunbuster was a dead project until Hideaki Anno read the script and was brought to tears. He then signed on as Director. It is a tribute to the anime they saw as children.
>>
>>13776486
>I would say both since it looks like it does need to be maintained.
Super robots are shown being built and repaired all the time you newfag.
>>
>>13768742

It was a superb robot show
>>
>>13776577
And your source is where, aside from your ass?
>>
>>13776626
There's one line that mentions it on Gunbuster's wikipedia page. The citation for it is in moon runes though.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.