[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first /m/ show? How did you like it? If you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 17

File: Full-Metal-Panic-Gallery.jpg (95KB, 428x615px) Image search: [Google]
Full-Metal-Panic-Gallery.jpg
95KB, 428x615px
What was your first /m/ show? How did you like it? If you have rewatched it, what's your opinion on it now?

Pic related, it was first /m/ show I ever watched. After it, I watched all kinds of mainstream stuff like Code Geass, TTGL, NGE etc and then Gundams and got into 80s and 90s /m/ stuff, because I really liked how they look. I really liked FMP back then and still find myself sometimes rewatching it. I'm really happy they are going to make new FMP anime soon.
>>
>>13765336
Code Geass
>>
File: charactor_doronjo0.jpg (132KB, 775x613px) Image search: [Google]
charactor_doronjo0.jpg
132KB, 775x613px
>>13765336
Yatterman

It's totally stupid but really fun and I still love it. I'm glad my mom showed it to me
Doronjo best girl
>>
>>13765336
Tessa and Kyoko best girls. Kaname a shit.
>>
>>13765336

The thought of FINALLY having animated Laevatein battles is the new season's biggest draw or me. Hopefully, it would surpass even Kyoto Animation's already respectable efforts more than a decade ago.

>tfw you've already been waiting for that long for a proper FMP animated continuation
>>
>>13765336
MMPR if that counts, since I only saw it for the Megazords anyway. If not probably something like Macron 1.
>>
>>13765336
FMP was one of my early shows, but I think the first proper show I sat down and watched was Trigun. It seized my sides and shot them to orbit, only to cause me endless confusion by suddenly dropping a load of lore and SRS BSNS on me. It took me completely unawares. I mean, seriously, at that time, no TV series did anything serious. They never went anywhere. Even X-Files just sort of farted around idiotically year after year. But Trigun went further and better than anything I could expect from the TV, and half of what I got from books, with the exception that no book could provide the same combination of gunfighting, rock & roll and assbrained humour at the same pace.

Gotta give second props for that soundtrack. Tsuneo Imahori is a flippin' badass.
>>
Besides
>G Gundam
>Gundam SEED

I would say my first /m/ show may have been Vandread. I rewatched it a year or two ago and it was still entertaining.

Doujins are great
>>
>>13765336
80s Astro Boy, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
File: 350px-Optimusg1.jpg (44KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Optimusg1.jpg
44KB, 350x447px
>>13765336

It was Transformers. I loved it. I have it on DVD and I still pop it in to watch random episodes every now and then. I still love it and I don't care what anybody says. Transformers is my shit.
>>
File: 27a373bc0b1b0a6e8e43880c8180268e.jpg (728KB, 1145x2190px) Image search: [Google]
27a373bc0b1b0a6e8e43880c8180268e.jpg
728KB, 1145x2190px
>>13765492

Barnette always did weird things to my dick whenever she was onscreen.
>>
File: Voltes_V_Commercial_Banner[1].png (581KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Voltes_V_Commercial_Banner[1].png
581KB, 640x480px
My first /m/ was this, but the first show I actually actively sought out and watched was SEED, and then G Genudm.
>>
Transformers, strictly speaking. I've been watching that as far back as I can remember. It was the basis for my enjoyment of giant robots.

That said, going onto what we would usually call as a mecha show (i.e. one with piloted machines) I'm pretty sure it was the European VHS of Macron 1 (GoShogun). I never saw anything beyond those first few episodes and as far as I am aware any English subbing attempts of GoShogun are dead in the water.
>>
File: twintails panic.webm (154KB, 416x304px) Image search: [Google]
twintails panic.webm
154KB, 416x304px
>>13765511
didnt care for her pilot suit, but her casual/office clothes and her love of guns did things to me

>tfw I can't find my Vandread folder
>>
File: battle_of_the_planets-1024-03.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
battle_of_the_planets-1024-03.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
https://youtu.be/acOnskcyrtA

Despite the awesome theme, I can't really bring myself to watch BotP anymore. Gatchaman still holds up nicely.
>>
>>13765536
use WinDirStat
>>
File: GodFingerGlow.gif (711KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
GodFingerGlow.gif
711KB, 500x375px
My first /m/ show was G Gundam, original Toonami dubbed run. I rather liked it during the initial viewing, since it was kind of similar in ways to things I watched around that time. Even then I thought it was kinda cheesy, and still do to this day even on rewatches, but... Damn if it isn't a fun ride regardless. Since then I've gotten more into stuff like the original Gundams (Working on Victory at the moment.) and other various supers, but... I'm always going to have some fondness for G.
>>
File: blassreiter.jpg (82KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
blassreiter.jpg
82KB, 300x418px
Blassreiter was the most unapologetically edgy thing I've ever seen looking back on it, and the CGI is passable at best, but it was an interesting concept. Also had lots of SUFFERING.
>>
I'm not sure what mine was. I remember catching the dubs of G Gundam, Gundam Wing and The Big O all on Toonami, and I remember watching Megas XLR and Digimon around then as well. This all happened like 15 years ago. I don't know how any of you are sure which one you watched first unless you only recently gained access to a TV or computer.

Anyhow, the first one I intentionally watched as a mecha fan was New Getter Robo.
>>
File: r4wtz3jvb9v3cen2kdxh[1].png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
r4wtz3jvb9v3cen2kdxh[1].png
2MB, 1280x960px
Probably Escaflowne.
>>
File: VBEycfmb.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
VBEycfmb.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
gundam wing
>>
If I don't count watching episodes of Evangelion over my sister's shoulder when I was 13, then Gurren Lagann
>>
Gundam SEED. You can sue me all you want, but I was just a kid at the time.
>>
>>13765336

The local $1 video rental store had the entire Robotech Macross saga on VHS. My dad let my sister and I rent one video tape each, each week, so we ended up watching the entire series in a few months.

I found out about the series because my uncles collected the Robotech comics, and I used to read them after I got back from school.
>>
The Galaxy Express 999 movie or Macross Plus. They're both still great.
>>
File: coming.jpg (12KB, 242x359px) Image search: [Google]
coming.jpg
12KB, 242x359px
>>
>>13765336
Immoral Grand Prix and G Gundam on Toonami
>>
>>13767460

Robotech was my first mecha series as well. When Toonami aired it in the 90s. It opened the door, but it was First Gundam that really made me a mecha junkie.

I remember being really worried that Hikaru was gonna pick Minmay though. Even as a kid, I knew Misa was way, way more than the patrician's choice.
>>
File: 56f919842.jpg (2MB, 1159x1500px) Image search: [Google]
56f919842.jpg
2MB, 1159x1500px
My cousins were huge into G Gundam back in the Toonami days, but I honestly never got into it with them. Any other robot show that aired back then I would watch very casually, not getting into any of them.

I didn't really get into anime until late 2006. And early on, I only watched it for the cute anime girls. But then I watched Gurren Lagann, and something clicked. I don't know what the fuck happened, but before long I was watching GaoGaiGar, all the other Gainax mecha, all of Gundam, and Mazinger Z.

I think TTGL is still an enjoyable show, but the novelty has worn off. I can see it's flaws now and it's by no means the beat all, end all of super robot shows that I once thought it was. Still, I'll always have a soft spot for it since it got me into the mecha genre.

Oh and as for G Gundam, it's a good time too. It's not my favorite Gundam by any means, but you got to love it's super hot blooded take on the franchise.
>>
File: mask.jpg (4KB, 151x109px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
4KB, 151x109px
Patlabor. I was also reading Appleseed & GITS at the time.
>>
File: a boy has the right to dream.jpg (71KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
a boy has the right to dream.jpg
71KB, 326x500px
I loved it. I still love it. It's stupid awesome fun complete with spaceships punching spaceships, and if for some reason you can't enjoy Outlaw Star, you're dead inside.
>>
>>13765336
That depends on how far back is considered "first". I didn't really get into /m/ stuff or anime in general until I was about 16, I think. Literally a whole string of "firsts" in finding a new animated show every now and then because nobody told me there was a word called "anime".

>YAT Anshin, Gundam Wing at 4
>B Daman Bakugaidan at 6
>Evangelion at 9
>Medabots at 11
>Mashin Eiyuden Wataru at 13
>Argento Soma, Zoids, Scrapped Princess at 14
>Gundam SEED at 15

Not helping that a lot of them were either late night or early morning dead-hour runs so when I got to 10 years old I either had to sneak into the living room or peer over the heads of random people on the bus, assuming I got one with an entertainment screen hooked up. Getting a pc at 15 helped since I finally learned what Gundam SEED and the likes were and I've never stopped since.

16 was where I got truly acquainted with my first laptop NOT on dial-up, so I could finally not have to angst over missing episodes. Though, I still tried to catch /m/ shows on TV for that authentic feel until they finally scrapped them altogether in favor of a whole day of sing-a-long kindergarten clapshows and the night slots being taken by "cinematic" art films. Nowadays, no anime remains on the local channels, so you'll either need cable or be "technically a pirate" like everyone else.
>>
>>13765336
Voltron
>>
>>13765336
Escaflowne. That doesn't sound too bad until I mention that it was a couple random episodes of the Fox Kids airing. But I was too enamored with the giant robots to care that the edit had ruined the show.
>>
I watched a lot of shit as a kid like Voltes V, Medabots, Astro Boy, Kamen Rider (but I don't think it's /m/), Zoids, Rockman.exe, or SEED.

I forgot which one was first but it's probably SEED. A certain station in my country seems to like /m/ shows so they dubbed some /m/ classics that's why I got to know some of older titles.

But actually I have no special attachment to mecha stuffs before I watch TTGL
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.