[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time here What are some good mechas I should watch/play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ZOESlider4.jpg (68KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
ZOESlider4.jpg
68KB, 670x402px
First time here
What are some good mechas I should watch/play?
I really like Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, ZoE, and I don't know if it counts but Metal Gear.
>>
go watch all the tomino gundams in production order
>>
>>13764823
Difficult to say, you haven't watched enough to know what specifically you like.

Everyone likes Dai Guard though, go watch that.
>>
>>13764834
>>13764850
Thanks senpai
>>
>>13764850
>Everyone likes Dai Guard though

WELL I DON'T!
>>
This is like going on /a/ and ask what anime should i watch. Learn to ask questions first before expecting legit answers.
>>
>>13764823
>I really like Evangelion, Gurren Lagann
Your taste is shit. You might like A/Z and VVV.
>>
File: 1448920510402.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1448920510402.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
>>13764823
>>
>>13764823
All of my old recommendation images are elsewhere. You've provided a pretty limited baseline to work from. I mean if you liked how over the top Gurren Lagann was then you might get on with G Gundam.
Or if you can deal with slower paced shows you may enjoy watching the 0079 movies (or series if you want, but that's a long watch for a lot of filler) and then moving onto its sequels and side stories.

Then we've also got shows like Patlabor that mix heavy doses of comedy, drama and slice of life (to an extant) into the show.

>>13765464
Pick a few things from this list that interest you. After you've formed a rough basis of what you do and do not like you

>>13765126
A/Z? I'm assuming that's short for Aldnoah.Zero? I didn't watch it when it first aired and I haven't been on /m/ in quite some time.
Did people not really care for it? I just got done watching it. It didn't blow me away but I can't pretend I wasn't entertained. The MC was a tad dull but he didn't whine once in 24 episodes, so that was good.
>>
File: 1423032986346.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423032986346.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>13765516
>recommending 0079 movies over TV series
>thinks A/Z is entertaining
>>
File: 1357235006541.jpg (16KB, 282x290px) Image search: [Google]
1357235006541.jpg
16KB, 282x290px
>>13764823
>Gurren Lagann,

Watch the Getter Robo OVAs.
>>
>>13764823
>watching TTGL without any prior experience on mecha anime
Why are people doing this? It's filled with references and parodies of other mecha shows and people who hasn't seen those, misses them.
>>
>>13765528
Sure. But a newcomer to the fandom probably isn't going to have an easy time watching 43 episodes of QUALITY and a bunch of filler.
The three movies hit the key notes and splice in some new animation. Yeah some bits are going to be glossed over but it's a much more streamlined introduction to the UC.

As a side note, what were the shared misgivings about A/Z?
>>
>>13765551
>only mecha
Found the newfag.
>>
>>13765551
>Why are people doing this?
Probably for the same reason a lot of people got into Gundam through Wing; it's what was big and popular at the time. It's got a few years on it now for TTGL is still a gateway mecha show for newer audiences.
>>
>>13765577
He's going to have to face long series at some point anyways if he wants to get into mecha. Most shows are around 40 to 50 episodes.
>>
>>13765577
>Quality and filler
That's a blatant misrepresentation and you know it.
I could've believed you if you said "stock footage", but come on. In any case, streamlining whilst removing all of the extras isn't necessarily a good thing. In 0079 and many other cases its' mainly removing development and additional material, and where's the fun in that?
>>
>>13765593
I just think 0079 is going to be a bit of a slog. But that's down to the OP to decide. If enough people advocate for the series to be seen in full vs. seeing the movies then that should inform their decision. /m/ doesn't need to be an echo chamber and it's worth OP knowing that there are different options.

>>13765594
I think maybe I'm just biased as I went into 0079 with too much information. There wasn't a great deal for me to discover and appreciate for the first time since I knew what things were leading up to and what key moments I was in for. Too much time on /m/ and reading wikis.
>>
>>13765551
Good parody is entertaining on it's own even if you don't get all the things it references. And I think that applies to TTGL too.

Sure, people proficient in the genre get something extra out of the series, but that doesn't mean it's only build on references.
>>
>>13765621
The movie compilations are never good for watching the show first time as lots of character development is lost and it's hard to pack 50 episodes to 3 movies, so some important things are still missing. They should only be watched if you have already seen the series and want to refresh your memory (this doesn't apply to all of them, like Zeta movies which are just retarded).
>>
File: Tequila Gunner.jpg (55KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tequila Gunner.jpg
55KB, 283x400px
>>13764823
DOUGRAM
>>
>>13765640
That's fair. Thinking on it though, starting the UC is a biggie. While it's pretty important to Gundam (obviously) and mecha as a whole, I don't know if I'd have been able to get into the genre if somebody had sat me down and said "Here's Universal Century. Call me when you're done". Going through UC was a decision made based on a lot of experience with other mecha shows.
>>
OP here
I forgot to say that Im looking for some straight forward anime, not a serie with too many episodes that keep going in circles
>>
>>13765737
I'm just going to repeat Dai Guard then. You literally cannot go wrong with that show.

If want something REALLY short, then by all means, watch Gunbuster. It has a few pacing issues, but it's an /m/ classic for a reason.

You do not have to watch any Gundam to enjoy mecha. Its fans unfortunately comprise a majority of this board and as such, its importance gets overblown.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.