[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /m/, serious question Why was this show not popular? -great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 28

Okay /m/, serious question

Why was this show not popular?

-great intros
-Loli merging into a hideous robot
-epic temporary alliance with Ashura
-Ashura's past explained
-Ghost tetsuya haunting Kouji's mom
-Giant and million rocket punches

Yeah I mean it had a shitty ending, but it had a lot of very memorable and unique moments. Why?
>>
Name 3 super robot mech anime that were actually top sellers in the past 8 years
>>
>>13764690

>-great intros
They could be better with actual animation but it can't be helped

>-Loli merging into a hideous robot
It was already better done by both the 70s anime and the manga. Granted, the last 5 minutes are great but it lost focus with the Tsubasa bullshit, like usual.

>-epic temporary alliance with Ashura
>-Ashura's past explained
Yeah, that was cool.

>-Ghost tetsuya haunting Kouji's mom
Shit, like everything related to Tsubasa. Too bad this was her show.

>-Giant and million rocket punches
Really cool

It was the pacing and Tsubasa, especially Tsubasa. If it followed the manga and added some stuff from Z Mazinger, Shin Mazinger would be a lot more popular. It alienated the nostalgiafag and the curious newfags at the same time
>>
>>13764704
Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>13764721
>Too bad this was her show.

Except it wasn't The show was about Mazinger Z and how it came to be and how Koji can change his destiny but refuses to do so. Tsubasa was a great addition and gave Koji an incredible, and well needed, backstory
>>
>>13764690
>-Giant and million rocket punches
100 Rocket punches
>>
>>13764690
Let's get this out of the window. Shin Mazinger was really good. The story was nonsense, but excellent nonsense; something which is super rare nowadays. I don't think there was an anime reboot that was more daring than Shin Mazinger.

Because it was so daring, nips and spics hated it for not being like the original Toei anime. I heard that spics now have an appreciation of the show, after actually watching it and giving their honest unbiased opinions, but the damage is already done. Imagawa once again proves why the entertainment industry is such in a terrible state with generic safe stories that is meant to appeal to every taste on earth. (Star Wars 7, looking at you).

I mean just look at Giant Robo. That show too BOMBED hard back in the days, but today, it's hailed as a cult classic.

>the curious newfags at the same time
I was a curious newfag at the time too, and Shin Mazinger made me a fan. In fact, most people who are Mazingerfags on this board will tell you the same. It was Shin Mazinger that made Mazinger a viable topic of discussion here, at least before the italian came along and ruined it for everyone.
>>
>>13764690

It was more popular than it deserved to be.

There are like four good scenes out of the full 26 episodes and the rest of last-second just-pulled-this-out-of-my-butt "plot twists" and recap episodes. SKL has more actual robot fights in its three episodes than this does and they're all better than anything in this.
>>
>>13764750
>spics
Solo los espa~noles mamones.
>>
>>13764752
Probably too daft to appreciate the over the top story and just looking for fights.

The immature Mazinger fanbase is what killed Shin Mazinger's chances of ever taking off.

Mazinger has always been a fanservice ridden series. It never had any real substance.

I like SKL, but it's a different kind of work.
>>
>>13764756
>Probably too daft to appreciate the over the top story and just looking for fights

If you enjoyed the Shin Mazinger story, if you can even call that a story, then you don't have any business calling anyone immature of daft. That plot is a bunch of nonsensical drivel that only really exists to stitch together a bunch of showoff moments for the director's Mary Sue waifu.
>>
>>13764690
>Why was this show not popular?
Except it was, when will you idiots get that through your head?

>But no shin great
Imagawa doesn't do animated sequels anymore and Shin Mazinger Zero is considered the canon sequel to Shin Mazinger.

>But my bd sales
It sold well enough to keep Dynamic Pro alive and continue with their projects like SKL

Also Shin Mazinger got TONS of fucking toys and still gets variations of the SRC Mazinger line.

Mazinger is still popular, it doesn't need to shit a new show every year to keep its relevance
>>
6 episodes in.
IT IS AWESOME.
And Ashura is manly as fuck.
>>
>>13764752
>last-second just-pulled-this-out-of-my-butt
Except a lot of the plot twists actually referenced an earlier episode. The plot twists also made sense in the story, so you're just ranting for the sake of it.

>if you can even call that a story
I sure can. I however cannot say the same for the rest of DP stuff like the Getter ovas.

>That plot is a bunch of nonsensical drivel
Nice buzzwords.
>>
>>13764734
>>
>>13764765
Some people say the early episodes are too slow, but I disagree. Anyway, most of us agreed during airing that Shin Mazinger only get progressively better. All the high points are yet to come.
>>
>>13764770
>I however cannot say the same for the rest of DP stuff like the Getter ovas.

New had something to it, at least. Its problem is that the "something" was a story about one man overcoming something in a GETTER ROBO anime, so it suffers from the meaning getting muddled as well as feeling like Ryoma Nagare's Getter 1 Story: Also Occasionally With Getter 2.
>>
>>13764690
>Yeah I mean it had a shitty ending
As a matter of opinion, it didn't.

The ending is what made the show a classic.
>>
File: hah.png (774KB, 843x639px) Image search: [Google]
hah.png
774KB, 843x639px
>>13764770
>The plot twists also made sense in the story
> I however cannot say the same for the rest of DP stuff like the Getter ovas.
>>
>>13764690
>-epic temporary alliance with Ashura
>-Ashura's past explained
>-Ghost tetsuya haunting Kouji's mom
Gee, I wonder why people hated it. On top of
-Nishikiori is the center of the universe
-awful pacing
-absolutely nothing like Mazinger outside of the four minute gags in between arcs
-takes the subplot about the Mycenae from the shitty Toei anime
>>
>>13764764
Even if they had the money, sequels are never a good idea.

Also, Mazinger has always been about spinoffs, at least since the 90s. Not to mention that Great is the least popular of the bunch.

They should just move on to Grendizer. Maybe use Giga as reference, but a Grendizer anime reboot would be better than a Great one.
>>
>>13764738
>Except it wasn't The show was about Mazinger Z
Mazinger Z had about as much screen time as Boss
>>
>>13764801
>19 / 1 / 9 / 1

We got us a same fag
>>
>>13764790
>The ending is what made the show a classic.
>A classic
In who's mind?
>>
>>13764808
You tried
>>
>>13764801
>-Nishikiori is the center of the universe
>doesn't mention the fact that she lost in the end.
>absolutely nothing like Mazinger
Neither were God Mazinger, Mazinger USA, MazinSaga, Z Mazinger.

When will you dumb fucks realize that Mazinger has no identity of its own? Mazinger is just what Nagai does when he wants to draw some robots, and uses the Mazinger brand name to do it, because that's his most famous one.
>>
>>13764811
Mazinger Z is a huge staple of super robot in Japan and many places around the world. Despite being fucking terrible, it's beloved by many possibly because of nostalgia. It's like Voltron in Japan, but times a thousand.
>>
File: 1383173593411.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1383173593411.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>13764690
>Why?
Of all the years I've been here, no other show received such a good reception on /m/, other than TTGL and Majestic Prince. Perhaps, you mean outside of /m/? Who cares anyway? It was good for us. Why is this not enough for you?
>>
>>13764822
>>absolutely nothing like Mazinger
>Neither were God Mazinger, Mazinger USA, MazinSaga, Z Mazinger.
You're right, I forgot the torrent was labelled "Shin MazinSaga Shougeki! God Hen," and it wasn't based on the original Mazinger Z or anything, and it certainly wasn't some Armageddon-esque bastardization of the original. I mean, it was, but I'd say the biggest difference is that Armageddon had things happen in it.
>When will you dumb fucks realize that Mazinger has no identity of its own?
>>>/a/
>>
>>13764829
>Despite being fucking terrible, it's beloved by many possibly because of nostalgia
You could say that for almost every famous giant robot series ever made.

Yeah, Gundam is terrible, but for different reasons.
>>
>>13764853
>Armageddon had things happen in it.
The plot was stalled for 8 episodes, so no, not really.
>>
People who dislike Shin Mazinger are spics anyway. Don't listen to them.
>>
>>13764842
>Of all the years I've been here, no other show received such a good reception on /m/
Every thread was calling it Slowzinger after the second episode

>>13764855
Gundam was well-written, at least. Good worldbuilding. Toeizinger had awful characters, awful animation, and every episode there is at least one incredibly retarded moment that nobody draws attention to.
>>
>>13764870
>Every thread was calling it Slowzinger after the second episode
>second episode
Everyone changed their tune from episode 11 onwards.

And everyone was begging for more by the time the final episode aired.
>>
Is this a good start to the series or should I start with the original one?
>>
>>13764690
People here hated the show for most of its run. I was one of the few who liked.

Most of the time they complained about the pacing (slowzinger), a few complained about the voice actor changes, that it made no sense, the Kurogane 5 and Tsubasa taking away screen time from Kouji, etc...

It was around ep 17-19 that people finally started liking the show (mostly on Energer Z's debut).
>>
>>13764829
>Mazinger Z is a huge staple of super robot in Japan
Yes Mazinger Z is. Not this show
>>
>>13764870
>Gundam was well-written
I really hope you're kidding. 079's writing was bloody awful, good lord. Entertaining, but awful. How could anyone defend such amateur writing and direction?

>had awful characters, awful animation
I agree, but the animation in Mazinger got better with time as they got more skilled at animating robots, and the difference is that by the time Grendizer aired, Toei was on par with what everyone else was doing. When 0079 aired, shit was bad, even for its time. Sunrise's earlier work , Zambot 3 didn't fare better in the animation department.
>>
>>13764883
>People here hated the show for most of its run
Can you please stop lying? I've been in every single thread during its run. The earlier episodes was starting to get a bad rap around 5-6-7, but the tune changed so fast when episode 11 aired. Lorelei became the high point ofr many, but the show

>It was around ep 17-19 that people finally started liking the show
Again, stop fucking lying.
>>
>>13764882
The manga is a collection of short stories about Kouji, Mazinger, and his friends and enemies. They're all connected by the cast with little to no overarching plot. It's fun and lighthearted, and there's very little consequence for anything.
Toeizinger is a really weird 70s Toei cartoon where all the characters are disgusting people. Kouji is a misogynist douche, Sayaka is an awful bitch, and Dr. Hell is the world's worst supervillain. It's also really silly. It's the typical 70s Toei Nagai series where all his jokes are fundamentally misundetstood, and their recreation is failed. However, the series is still hilarious because really weird shit is always happening. In the second episode Mucha just sort of does a flip on his motorbike without jumping off a ramp. There's a little more overarching plot than the manga.
Shin Mazinger isn't really a Mazinger series aside from a few references, and most of the manga's main characters are disregarded in favor of the Kurogane 5. Boss gets hit the least by this, but Sayaka is legitimately not a character in Shin. Exceptionally heavy on plot, but at least Ankokuji and Gamia have more screen time. Tons of Ashura fanservice.
Mazinkaiser is a straight adaptation of the manga, but with new mecha and an original story to set up the series.
>>
>>13764895
>I really hope you're kidding. 079's writing was bloody awful, good lord. Entertaining, but awful. How could anyone defend such amateur writing and direction?
People praise Zeta and it's a huge step backwards from 0079 when it comes to both. Also, that shit taste. Stick to A/Z
>>
>>13764924
Zeta is shit. Nice animation, but really shit.
>>
>>13764927
>nice animation
It's 0079 with shading. The OPs look gorgeous but it's not a huge improvement.
>>
File: November 2010 Mecha Poll Results.jpg (449KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
November 2010 Mecha Poll Results.jpg
449KB, 1600x1597px
This poll was done in 2010, and Shin Mazinger easily ranked among favourites for many. Opinion probably changed for the worse now especially because of this whole spic deal, and a lot of people who were browsing /m/ got fed up with the board and left. You'd be outright lying if you say that Shin Mazinger got an overall bad reception on /m/. It was in fact good, compared to many other shows that followed.
>>
Why did Imagawa give Mazinger a giga drill break?
>>
>>13764906
Don't blame me for your poor memory.
>>
>>13765068
Why didn't anybody die in the flashback even though they had explicit death scenes?
How was Tsubasa able to steal Yasu's bomb if it already blew up in Ancient Greece?
Why did Yasu act like Tsubasa didn't know about the bomb in the first place?
Why didn't Dr Hell state his intentions of fighting Mycenae?
Why did Boss ask for his own robot when he had already been piloting the Boss Borot for construction work?
Why did Viscount Pygman know what Ashura looked like downstairs?
Why didn't Brocken ever come out of the closet?
Why didn't Ankokuji tell Yumi about Ashura's keikaku?
Why would Imagawa kill Tetsuya if he wanted to make a second season?
>>
>>13765081
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

>>13764947
>>
>>13764906
>Lorelei became the high point ofr many, but the show

Well I'm inclined to distrust you over the other guy because the Lorelai arc was shit, dragged on for two episodes longer than it needed to and was easily the worst part of the show. Everything else was pretty great though.
>>
File: Episode11.jpg (305KB, 1342x600px) Image search: [Google]
Episode11.jpg
305KB, 1342x600px
>>13764947
I can post proof of /m/ loving shin mazinger a few years back.
>>
File: 1243693783818.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1243693783818.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>13765123
>Them Mazinger threads

They where fun as a fuck back then
>>
>>13765123
As someone who watched it recently, 11 wasn't that great.
>>
>>13765118
>the Lorelai arc was shit,
That's your opinion. I'm only saying what I recall. Many considered episode 15 to the best episode of the show as of yet. When the second half rolled out, even better episodes came out, but episode 15 was held in pretty high regards at the time, me included, because it was an awesome recreation of the arc from the manga. Now if you hate that arc, fine, but I loved it.

Worst part of the show was episode 4-5-6, because they seemed like forever, but once episode 7 and 8 kicked in, I knew I was in for something good.

Just go to the archives and look up the threads if you can.
>>
File: Noeffort needed.jpg (21KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Noeffort needed.jpg
21KB, 848x480px
>>13765134
>Episode 11
>Not great

Of course not, it was Mazinger Z
>>
>>13765134
11 was a great recreation of the fight scene in the manga. It was great because all we had before that was some half assed fights and long expositions. The show just got progressively better over time, and it hit climax with the last 2 episodes.
>>
>>13764801
>-takes the subplot about the Mycenae from the shitty Toei anime
>Toei Great
>Shitty
its almost as if you never saw it. oh wait.
>>
>>13765374
>Great Mazinger
>not shit
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>13765456
>has the best protagonist ever
>shit
How do you like being a little contrarian shit?

Tetsuya is the most professional pilot mecha anime has ever known.
>>
>>13765476
>>has the best protagonist ever
Now I know you're baiting
>Tetsuya is the most professional pilot mecha anime has ever known.
He's so professional that he doesn't show any emotion or hints of character
>>
File: Tetsuya.png (14KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Tetsuya.png
14KB, 150x150px
>>13765553
>He's so professional that he doesn't show any emotion or hints of character
That's because he's professional and composed. He has a job, and he does it. War sites aren't for little pussies who can't handle a little heat.
>>
>>13765565
>War sites aren't for little pussies who can't handle a little heat.
Yeah, because Tsurururugi can handle the heat, right?
>>
>>13765565
I can't seem to recall the details exactly, but wasn't Tetsuya really just an insecure brat? Bit of a hard-surfaced jerkass whom was highly insecure in the core about his purpose and being replaced by Koji in the eyes of Doctor Kabuto?
>>
>>13765643
That alone gives him more character than Kouji will ever have. Not sure why people were upset that Kouji occasionally had the spotlight stolen from him in Shin, unless they just wanted to see more of Mazinger Z punching things. If they were, I'd like to point them to the 98 episodes of Toeizinger.
>>
>>13765735
Is it really so wrong to want to watch Mazinger Z punch things while not looking as ugly as possible?
>>
>>13765769
I think so. I mean if you're just watching this genre for fights and spectacle, there are a lot of shows that do it better than Mazinger Z on the sheer basis of what the robots in question are capable of, let alone the quality of the direction, animation, etc. Practically the only show I've watched that killed a moment that should have been exciting was Diebuster. I have no idea how they made a robot generating a giant hand and throwing the planet Jupiter boring, but they sure accomplished it.
>>
>>13764764
>Also Shin Mazinger got TONS of fucking toys and still gets variations of the SRC Mazinger line.
SRC shin mazinger re-release fucking when.
i fucking watched shin around the time the SRC wasn't anounced so i got the toei mazinger version, and just when i got the scrander set the fuckers announced it.
i still loved my toeizinger but i want the bulkier mazinger.
>>
File: ACE PILOT.png (703KB, 1117x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ACE PILOT.png
703KB, 1117x1600px
>>13765643
He was basically Asuka as a guy, except he came first.
>>
>>13765872
Except that if you want to describe this in NGE terms, he's more like manga Shinji if what that anon said was accurate.

>Kind of an asshole at times
>Insecure about Gendo showing more attention to Rei than him
>Actually a good pilot, unlike Asuka
>Still capable of getting along with most of the cast, unlike Asuka who only ever made one friend
>>
>>13765895
Asuka really should have been nicer to Shinji. How does a girl that popular only have one non-work related friend?
>>
>>13765895
I guess Asuka gets closer to Tetsuya for arriving at the middle of the show with a theorically bigger and better Eva but still claiming to be a pro. Even Shinji call Asuka for her bullshit at episode 8 I think
>>
>>13765456
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>13765068
Wasn't imagawa himself, but someone else on the production team wanted Mazinger to have a cool finisher move in SRW games
>>
>>13766083
But Great Mazinger is even gayer than Grendizer
>>
>>13766131
I don't see Great Mazinger firing a rainbow beam from its chest.
>>
>>13764690
>imagawa
>selling
>>
>>13765476
You mean like when he sulked over Daddy not loving him as much as his biological son?
>>
>>13764927
the animation was one of the worst things.
>>
Mazingerfags up to their autistic antics as always. Do wonder what causes them to be so autistic, though.
>>
>series assumes the viewer is a cis male
P r o b l e m a t i c
>>
>>13766929
moving to a new franchise i see
>>
>>13764721

Yeah, especially because Z Mazinger was super popular, right?
>>
>>13764750

But the italian loves Shin Mazinger and Devilman.
>>
>>13767191
i wonder which will be his next target
>>
>>13767241
Obviously Grendizer.
>>
>>13767191
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Unless this is another one of your boogeymen like the spic
>>
>>13767222
Z Mazinger got a pretty cool toy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZzIEKz61c
>>
>>13766933
>normal boy
>dresses in designer clothes
>parents are super scientists
>who are dead
>man of the house
>>
File: Flaming.jpg (42KB, 831x436px) Image search: [Google]
Flaming.jpg
42KB, 831x436px
>>13766933
>>13768172
>cis
>>
>>13768172
>>man of the house
You mean woman >>13768202
>>
>>13767879

From a company no one ever heard about. And even the guy reviewing the toy recognize its total obscurity. Nice.
>>
>>13773220
I know HL Pro.

They specialise in producing Dynamic Pro and Knack (ICHI) robots.
>>
File: 4597222545.jpg (158KB, 439x682px) Image search: [Google]
4597222545.jpg
158KB, 439x682px
They also have pretty cool calendars.
>>
>>13764947
>that chart

No wonder /m/ shits on so much, Getter Robo and Jeeg so much, nobody here has even watched them. I assume it's only gotten worse now.

Fucking disgusting
>>
File: sweat.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>13768202
it's not gay if he looks like a girl

right?
>>
>>13773356
You think that's bad?
>Daitarn 3 only watched by 14% surveyed

/m/ likes to think it isn't pleb, but jesus, almost every Gundam series had over 70% viewership, and that was 6 years ago. Bebop, Eva, TTGL and Code Geass were also all very high where not even half the board read Five Star Stories or even watched Giant Robo. It's clear the elitists need to get the fuck out.

>Diebuster
>not the same tier as Divine Wars

ugh
>>
>>13765095
>Why didn't anybody die in the flashback even though they had explicit death scenes?
They did die, they were picked up by Tsubasa and rebuilt with Allow Z

>How was Tsubasa able to steal Yasu's bomb if it already blew up in Ancient Greece?
See above Yasu is a bot

>Why did Yasu act like Tsubasa didn't know about the bomb in the first place?
Gotta fool the enemy

>Why didn't Dr Hell state his intentions of fighting Mycenae?
Because he wants to conquer the world and fight the Mycenae

>Why did Boss ask for his own robot when he had already been piloting the Boss Borot for construction work?
Construction =/= Fighting Robot

>Why did Viscount Pygman know what Ashura looked like downstairs?
Pygman saw the birth of Ashura

>Why didn't Brocken ever come out of the closet?
He did when he became a football
>Why didn't Ankokuji tell Yumi about Ashura's keikaku?
Because he didn't have enough time

>Why would Imagawa kill Tetsuya if he wanted to make a second season?
Tetsuya is alive, but is a cyborg now
>>
>>13764927
>>13764924
0/10 Try harder
>>
>>13773648
>They did die, they were picked up by Tsubasa and rebuilt with Allow Z
This was literally never explained or mentioned.
>See above Yasu is a bot
She didn't built a new one, she stole the old one. After it asploded.
>Gotta fool the enemy
When explqining things to Kouji and Shirou?
>Because he wants to conquer the world and fight the Mycenae
That's not an answer
>Construction =/= Fighting Robot
That's not what Boss asked. He wanted his own robot so he could be as cool as Kouji. Borot was just painted red, it didn't get any stronger; so what's the point in asking to use it to fight anyway if they're not going to make it battle ready?
>Because he didn't have enough time
In between all the exposition about how he wasn't sure if Yumi really wanted to know the DARK TRUTH?
>Tetsuya is alive, but is a cyborg now
That's stupid and so is Imagawa.
>>
>>13773956
>In between all the exposition about how he wasn't sure if Yumi really wanted to know the DARK TRUTH?
Ankokuji went to the Kurogane House because Kenzo Kabuto sent him there first, not to the Photon Labs. He told Yumi afterwards.
>>
>>13773956
>Tetsuya is alive, but is a cyborg now
>That's stupid and so is Imagawa.
And so is your face and the poster above.

As far as we know, we saw Tetsuya's ghost, which means he fucking died.

Professor Kenzo didn't die thanks to the kedora which saved his life.
>>
>>13773973
He was at the Photon Labs longer than Kouji.
>>
>>13773976
Cry more you little bitch Imagawafag
>>
>>13773978
When he came back, his first stop was the kurogane.
>>
File: 1400951884423.jpg (33KB, 268x322px) Image search: [Google]
1400951884423.jpg
33KB, 268x322px
>>13773979
I don't need to cry when imagawa is the best /m/ director on this earth.
>>
>>13773994
You really need to rweatch the last episode
>>
>>13773999
Not by a long shot. Of course, it makes sense that a shit eater like you would like him though.
>>
>>13774011
>Not by a long shot.
Who is it then?

I hope you're not thinking of some overrated hack or anyone like that.
>>
>>13774022
I'm not helping a newfag, thanks. Especially not one that likes garbage like RGZ
>>
>>13774010
Okay, so what's he doing during the entire second half of the episode where he's sitting next to Professor Yumi at the Photon Labs while it's being attacked by Dr. Hell? He kept saying that he wouldn't tell Yumi about Hell's or Ashura's keikaku, and only did so after Kouji did his thing and doomed everyone. Everyhing after the commercial break and before that was "yare yare blah blah blah."
>>
>>13774032
Oh you're one of those hipsters who don't like silly moe parodies.

Got it.
>>
>>13774056
You mean this?
>>
>>13774088
I don't like eating garbage, yes. Much the same reason I don't like Imagawa, you see.
>>
>>13774099
>I don't like eating garbage
Except you do it on a daily basis without realizing it.
>>
>>13774123
Sounds like someone's projecting the fact that him eating garbage means others do too
>>
>>13774095
Yes. He knew everyone's plans and didn't tell anyone.
>>
>>13774135
ok kiddo, i hope you had a good day on not eating shit
>>
>>13774140
He knew Ashura's plans. What he didn't know is that Yumi actually allied with him.
>>
>>13774161
He had plenty of time to stop Kouji.
>>
>>13774174
Actually, he was defending the photon labs with Gamia from Dr.Hell.
>>
>>13774185
He wasn't doing shit, he was just aitting there expositing.
>>
>>13774222
Um yeah, especially when Kouji wasn't near the photon labs, but at the kurogane house where the actual fighting was taking place.

Gee I wonder why.
>>
File: 1453245798166.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
1453245798166.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>13774234
>the Hover Pilder doesn't have a radio
>Kouji doesn't have a cell phone
>>
>>13764764
>It sold well enough to keep Dynamic Pro alive and continue with their projects like SKL
>Also Shin Mazinger got TONS of fucking toys and still gets variations of the SRC Mazinger line.
I love this meme
>>
>>13774257
Forget what I said that it was Kurogane House, he wasn't there, but he was at the Jukkoku Pass.

Either way, he wasn't near the Photon Labs till he got his pilder out of Hell's base, got back Mazinger at the bottom of the sea, and then went there.

>Kouji doesn't have a cell phone
I don't think cellphones exist in the Mazinger universe. I haven't seen one. Maybe you did? All they had was shitty 70s rotary phones like in pic related. Mazinger takes place in the near future, based on what the 70s considered to be the future, not the actual future.
>>
>>13774274
Technically speaking, Shin Mazinger was Dynamic Pro's best selling project since New Getter.
>>
>>13764764
>It sold well enough to keep Dynamic Pro alive and continue with their projects like SKL

○真マジンガー 衝撃!Z編
DVD版 【全9巻】
巻数 初動 発売日
01巻 1,835 09.08.25
02巻 1,035 09.09.25
03巻 1,177 09.10.27
04巻 *,*** 09.11.25
05巻 *,*** 09.12.22
06巻 *,*** 10.01.27
07巻 *,*** 10.02.23
08巻 *,*** 10.03.26
09巻 *,*** 10.04.23
BD-BOX版 【BOX全3巻】
巻数 初動 発売日
BOX1 1,260 09.08.25
BOX2 1,001 09.11.25
BOX3 *,*** 10.02.23

Stop lying out your ass. Shin bombed hard.

Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>13774301
>Shin bombed hard.
Except those numbers are largely sufficient to sustain Dynamic Pro, which is why they're still alive today, and even got the Cyborg 009 vs Devilman in collaboration with Ishimori Pro out. Have you ever seen the actual Dynamic Pro headquarters where Go Nagai draws? It's literally a house. Like I said, Shin Mazinger has the best numbers since New Getter.

Not all anime is created with equal budget, and by the looks of it, Dynamic Pro doesn't rely much on advertising.
>>
>>13774301
For your information, Cyborg 009 vs Devilman sold about the same, and it's considered a success.

Now, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera wasn't a success, which is why it got its pachinko out to make some of that money back, but Shin Mazinger never needed such thing. In fact, Mazinger has never needed pachinko. The merchandise is enough to sustain the IP.
>>
>>13774359
>mazinger
I mean Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>13774359
>Cyborg 009 vs Devilman
>considered a success
>>
>>13774369
Um yeah it was. It even beat Robot Girls Z's average, which was considered a mini-hit when it got released.

>>
Why people are hating on the only good thing to ever come out of the Mazinger franchise?
>>
>>13775057
So the true italiano finally shows himself
>>
>>13765146
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>13764690
I'm a fan of Imagawa and Go Nagai but I dropped this after a few episodes. Better than G Gundam at least
>>
>>13774351
>Like I said, Shin Mazinger has the best numbers since New Getter.
Other than Kotetsushin Jeeg, did Dynamic Pro even do anything between Shin Mazinger and New Getter?

>>13774301
Source on those numbers?
>>
File: 1368905340918.jpg (191KB, 800x3620px) Image search: [Google]
1368905340918.jpg
191KB, 800x3620px
>>13775362
2004:
New Getter Robo
Maboroshi Panty vs Henchin Pokoider film
Cutie Honey film
RE: Cutie Honey OVA
Devilman film

Also Kekko Kamen films:
Kekko Kamen
Kekko Kamen: Mangriffon no Gyakushu
Kekko Kamen Returns
Kekko Kamen Surprise

2005:
Kabuto-O Beetle film

2006:
Oira Sukeban film
Demon Prince Enma OVA

2007:
More Kekko Kamen:
Kekko Kamen Royale
Kekko Kamen Premium
Kekko Kamen Forever

Cutie Honey The Live
Koutetsushin Jeeg

2008:
Nothing in 2008.

2009:
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen
The Abashiri Family film
>>
>>13775362
>Source on those numbers?
oricon as usual
>>
>>13775411
>Kabuto-O Beetle
Can't say I heard of this one. Let's see the summary.
>The film, from an original story by Go Nagai and a screenplay by Takao Nakano, is based on the character of the same name created by Nagai for Osaka Pro-Wrestling (Ōsaka Puroresu).
That actually sounds pretty cool. Any subs for this?
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>13775175
>>
>>13775437
Most live action nagai stuff don't have subs, so no.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DPIe_x1CZ8
>>
>>13775451
>trashman
don't.
>>
>>13764690
>the only show insane enough to show you the ending in the first episode
Seriously, you were literally supposed to watch the last episode, then watch the first again. The opening is a recap of the last episode, then you get the ending. That's fucking great. I loved it.
>>
>>13778141
That's actually incorrect.

The first episode is a mish mash of different various scenes from all over the series, and they are completely out of order.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.