[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Robot Wars GC Translation Thread #25: SRW UX general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 82

File: Space Train.webm (2MB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Space Train.webm
2MB, 640x478px
Last time on SRW GC Translation Thread:>>13293079

- We though thread 22 was slow, and 23 was slower. 24 was a monstrosity.
- Dancouganon continues to rescue threads from archiving.
- Dash had another European vacation, Budapest this time.
- Transliterating Russian names from Katakana to English is not fun.
- Shinobu x Sara is now officially "gay shit"
- Overworld waiting on translators and editors.
- AP got a demo patch for halloween.
- 65% forever!
- MXP is a dead. A DEAD!
- New patching method is much beta. Very pain in ass.
- Ninjas attacked Steve's hard drive, but it got better.
- X-O came out. SRW is over forever. Let's go home now before we get more mobage shit.
- Oppai appeared and promised to do one file per day from then on.
- And then no one heard from him again.
- Steve made progress and made a new revision to Start.dol and it looks nice, especially after Dash made some corrections.
- Then pretty much immediately, Steve added BGMs and brought Start.dol up to v5, with a correction by Dash afterwards.
- Bring finally made some progress on decompilation.
- Shinobu looks pregnant in one thumbnail.
- All battle quotes have been translated just in time for Christmas.
- Decompilation woes and updates to graphics editing.
- Bring is now white land-owning male master race.
- 2016, year of SRW?
- @3 menu patch released.
- 3DS downgrader was released, allowing CFW.
- Luigi's Mansion cleansed.
- Bring has been playing around with UX too much (screenshots, dumping audio, finding compressed text, etc.).

The old texture replacement method is still usable, up to stage 20, essentially act 1. (can be used along with the new one, just don't get the stages or battle lines)
http://pastebin.com/CYDquvFD

The new method. We have VWF, so it looks better! Except for the character naming screen. That's not right. Not sure if this needs to be updated now.
http://pastebin.com/wEMB6KvA

The mediafire folder
http://mediafire.com/srwgc
>>
File: index.jpg (30KB, 342x313px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
30KB, 342x313px
>>13763820
>Bring has been playing around with UX too much (screenshots, dumping audio, finding compressed text, etc.).
Interesting conversation!!
Is this paused there or...?
I want fun! I want in!
>>
>>13765570
Yeah, that's where it stopped. I have the voice acting ripped and transcoded to flac (and 4 Fei Yen songs). I have a BCSAR container with the rest of the audio, but no way of extracting it. Dash might be able to repurpose one of his extractors to do it.
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/BCSAR

I also took a peek at arcBtlMsgDat.bin, which probably has battle messages, just based off the filename. It's a container for EDG files. Splitting that file into the component EDGs is trivial, but the contents of the EDG files seems to be compressed, so that's not going to help much.
>>
>>13765570
You might want to take a look at >>13749294
>>
GC got announced for the next OG, just so you all know.
>>
That would explain why I've been unable to sleep. /srwg/'s combined psychic energy has been giving me a headache.
>>
File: THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I.jpg (391KB, 630x1268px) Image search: [Google]
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I.jpg
391KB, 630x1268px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so yeah SRW GC is now confirmed for OG. Like I've been saying this whole time.
>>
>>13768667
That looked fake for a second there...
>>
>>13768667
>so yeah SRW GC is now confirmed for OG. Like I've been saying this whole time.
This does not compute. Please clarify. AnythingOG has my interest!
>>
File: GetterLastDay11[1].jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
GetterLastDay11[1].jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>13766379
>You might want to take a look at >>13749294
I am looking, but...
HBL won't launch. I'm using a very old o3ds. 5.1.0U...
(When the screen goes yellow, I always get an error and back to home. I wonder what I am missing.)
>>
Super excited about the GC / J news.

I noticed that the male Akimi is still Akimi, but the female version is now "Akemi" in OG. On top of that, their names were changed from kanji to katakana, and use the western naming order, as most of the characters in OG do. Touya's name is the same way.

Kind of disappointed that there's no Soul Gunner, but I can't really complain too much when there's TWO Soul Sabers. I wonder what they're going to do with Fairey, though.
>>
>>13771464
>I noticed that the male Akimi is still Akimi, but the female version is now "Akemi" in OG. On top of that, their names were changed from kanji to katakana, and use the western naming order, as most of the characters in OG do. Touya's name is the same way.

It's an XO change.
>>
>>13771486

Will the C.U.B.E./X.E.N.O.N. System get yet another name change to go along with the change in hardware?

The P.L.A.Y. System, perhaps?

I'm pretty pumped though. I really like the J originals, so I'm happy to see 'em finally get into OG.

I hope Tenia gets a cute new outfit too. She was my favorite.
>>
>>13771486
Female Akimi's first name had the kanji changed, but it's still read as Akimi.
>>
>>13771464
>Super excited about the GC / J news.
This is both exciting and weird. I'm still curious about it. Having an OG plot means a potentially really NEW story, and that rocks.
Do you think it being 25th anniversary,and the title containing English words, are an indication of a possible Western localization for such a big event? If yes then I'll buy a PS4!!
>>
>>13773172
I cannot be allowed to have hope.
>>
>>13773172
>Do you think it being 25th anniversary,and the title containing English words, are an indication of a possible Western localization for such a big event?

Nope, the chances of it coming stateside are still infinitely close to zero, so I'm not even going to hope for it. Buying it on day one, though.
>>
File: 1453211020591.jpg (204KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453211020591.jpg
204KB, 1280x960px
Oh, something else I wanted to point out.

GC's resident giant robot corporation is called Mogami Heavy Industries in the Moon Dwellers preview, with Mogami in katakana. (モガミ重工)
>>
File: Black Wing & Alan.jpg (86KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
Black Wing & Alan.jpg
86KB, 650x700px
>>
File: now I'm happy.jpg (353KB, 1362x1018px) Image search: [Google]
now I'm happy.jpg
353KB, 1362x1018px
>>13771464
I guess I wasn't that far off back when we started with this then.

>>13775109
So I guess we can stick to canon now?
>>
>>13778713
Hah, I totally forgot about that.

Also, now I'm not sure if there's two Soul Sabers in OGMD, or just one. Because even though Akimi and Akemi are shown next to different frame setups in the teaser article, the trailer seemed to have Akimi talking to Akemi while she was attacking.

Not sure if that means they're both in there, or if he was just on a comm link. I'm still wondering where Fairey is, though.
>>
>>13779676
just 1 Soul Saber, you choose the main pilot in the intermission:
-FF, bro
-GG, sis

no other forms and the Gadi Sword are getting new machines
>>
>>13779680
I'm good with that. I was afraid Akemi would eventually be condemned to subpilot hell like Fiona was.
>>
>>13778713
Yeah, let's go with Mogami.
>>
How long will this take?
>>
>>13779945
We're going to hit three years in March. Take that as you will.
>>
>>13779996
At this point, people will start taking bets as to who will be done first; you guys or SRW Eternity's team.
>>
>>13780044
smart money is on both coming out before Gideon finishes the Alpha patch
>>
>>13780044
>>13780053
The main hurdle with the GC project is the fact that Oppai's having to do the story by himself, which is a lot of work for one guy (who also has other projects on the side that he likes to work on). I know some Japanese, but I'm not qualified to be working on the story, aside from pitching some alternate suggestions. That's why I was translating the menu stuff; because it's really simple by comparison.

Still, I'm blown away by what happened here. I came in one day, presenting a really half-assed menu translation thing that would only work in Dolphin, and then somewhere down the road, it turned into a legit translation project. /m/ has some great people.
>>
File: New Steel Troops Angel Wings .jpg (65KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
New Steel Troops Angel Wings .jpg
65KB, 400x250px
You guys are great!
It doesn't matter what the ninjas do or what the trees think. The wind blows forward here.
>>
File: ME1jO71[1].png (180KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
ME1jO71[1].png
180KB, 640x448px
Hey, I just noted thisguy starting to look into SRW MX!
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,21127.0/topicseen.html
Dash: who was going to translate MXP again?
>>
>>13783026
>Doraemon
>Yojigen subs won't get to put out subs for it anymore
I know you didn't intend to remind me of this by accident, but still.

>>13780235
Those are fair points. Plus, SRW games in general have metric tons of text to translate, so for fans it's the equivalent of publishers wanting to export modern Legend of Heroes games.
>(who also has other projects on the side that he likes to work on).
He hasn't worked on any manga recently, though.
>>
>>13780235
We could always do what Gid did, find a guy from Brazil that speaks neither Japanese nor English and have him translate the entire script in a month.

>>13783073
>SRW MX
>- 2016, year of SRW?
>>
>>13783246
>- 2016, year of SRW?
Why not, it IS the anniversary.
>>
>>13783073
Oh wow. It looks so much better than what we were doing.

>who was going to translate MXP again?
No one took the position in the end, which is why it hasn't seen any progress.
>>
>>13785949
>Oh wow. It looks so much better than what we were doing.
Actually, this is MX, not MXP, so it also has a higher screen res available.
Feel free to chat with that programmer.
>>
>>13786683
Well, if either MX or MXP was going to get a translation, I'd want it to be MX.

If someone could modify MX to have MXP's BGM switching, it'd be pretty much perfect.
>>
One question to our GC fellowmen, from the AP fellowmen!
Zenki's been pondering about the name of the Practice Squad.
First, it doesn't follow the general Germanization effort of many things Giganos. Praxis (linguistically correct) or Praktiese (phonetically interesting, linguistically incorrect).
Second, the Japanesedoesn't directly romanize as "Practice" (プラクティス), since it is "プラクティーズ".
Third, Zenki thinks it's a fairly silly name for an Elite Squad. (While I agree with the silliness,%i think it's intended. But German sounds cool.)

So, would you consider changing it in GC, and what would be your choice?
>>
File: static edits.jpg (440KB, 1440x2448px) Image search: [Google]
static edits.jpg
440KB, 1440x2448px
>>13786683
I meant the VWF, I know we're talking different games. The black outline and the fact that the untranslated stuff isn't completely messed up helps too.

>>13786760
I'll get in touch with Rai and see if it's possible to share the translation for both games. The assets should be similar if not identical in most cases.

>>13786905
It is a silly name, but that's Japan for you. I think the whole idea of the Practice squad is that they are freshly graduated pilots put on the front under the supervision of Ch... er... captain Plato. Of course, they probably got the best grades in their promotion, which is apparently composed of the sons of the most important families on the moon... or they're just coming from the wealthiest / most influencial families and are there because of their status.

What I mean to say is that whenever one of these kids claim to be "elite", it's just snobbish immature bragging. Giving them a silly name might be fitting in the end.

Other than that, Praxis isn't really German and Praktiese is Afrikaans. I would stick to Practice, personally.
>>
How nice it'd be to have some free time to devote to this.
>>
>>13788644
Just wanted to point out that it's Screw Crusher Punch, not Pressure.
>>
Keep up the great work guys!
>>
>>13793868
Thanks
>>
>>13795111
That's what I get for not namefagging on my phone.

Looking at Akimi/Akemi/Milky Tit's changes between GC and MD >>13795637

I like her the legs and boots from her GC design. Everything from the bottom of her short-shorts and up, I like better in the redesign. The softer face looks better on her.

If only there was some way that we'd be done before MD came out.
>>
Who here was playing around with soft modding their 3DS?

Because I need some sprites ripped from SRW UX.
>>
>>13798203
I have it soft modded, not sure if I can help too much with sprite ripping though.
>>
File: sexualization where.jpg (200KB, 400x553px) Image search: [Google]
sexualization where.jpg
200KB, 400x553px
>>13790787
Whoops. Glad it was just a quick test.

>>13796582
Seeing how the new Akimi has been redesigned into a more sexualized form of herself, it makes me think the fact that GC was released for the Gamecube influenced her design. Maybe they wanted to keep GC family-friendly?

It sort of stands out to me, I didn't notice such changes in design for other OG characters before... maybe because many of them were pretty over-the-top to begin with.
>>
>>13801376
Don't use Soulcalibur's concept art to argue about proportions, mate. They never match the in-game models. Siegfried's art in 3 and 4 make him look seven feet tall when he's actually a manlet.
>>
>>13801376
>Maybe they wanted to keep GC family-friendly?
That would normally hold water, until you realize that UX had Kali Yuga. Guess that Nintendo portables get away with more than consoles.
>>
>>13801376
>It sort of stands out to me, I didn't notice such changes in design for other OG characters before... maybe because many of them were pretty over-the-top to begin with.
Melua's face has quite a big change. She was already the moe girl of the three, but they've gone and turned her into a complete moeblob. I usually don't mind, but I don't like Melua's new face.
>>
To the top with you
>>
>>13765909
Have you tried to take a look to the *grpdat.bin files?...

Checking them in hex and notepad++ shows that theres a bunch of what may be 3ds DARC archives, i tried to separate them to see if i can open them but no luck there...
>>
>>13798203
I think i got something, but its just a clue at least...

Check >>>>13804460

The program i was using for the arcs was 3ds explorer, i know it worked with the kunio kun games .bin files i their 2d data dirs...
>>
>>13804500
Hrm... perhaps I'll have to look into this. Wonder if it'll be easier to get to the sprites on UX than it is for the DS titles.
>>
>>13765570
So what was so great about this thread? Was it being played on an American 3DS? Nothing was translated or anything, it's just SRW UX.
>>
>>13805083
Well, if it is possible to extract the arcs from those bin files, and open them, shouldnt be that hard...
>>
>>13802811
BTW where exactly did you get your UX ROM?
>>
>>13805464
US 3DS, Screenshots, DLC was working, I extracted the Rom and dug around with the guts for a bit and found the voice acting files.

>>13806261
Mega link on /srwg/
>>
so, i know this is probably not the right place to ask, but could anybody help me out with how i could hex edit the mech stats on super robot taisen A portable?

angelg is apparently a shitty mech, so i'd like to give it some buffs, but i cant find the values to change em
>>
>>13808555
You wouldn't by chance still have that link or anything would you?
>>
File: Angelg_(Archer_Mode)[1].png (134KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
Angelg_(Archer_Mode)[1].png
134KB, 277x400px
>>13809032
1- Someone is already working on something similar. You should wait a bit.
2- You could use the save editor to tailor some stuff. (Linked on srwg.) Since it's in Japanese, it takes a bit of trial and error.
>>
I'm about 40-50% done with a patch that will hopefully make the game more balanced. The 1st round of edits are done but, there's still more to do. Hopefully I will have a patch out late february but, I'm not sure.
>>
>>13811996
Which game?
>>
A Portable
>>
>>13810081
https://mega.nz/#!h5BETa6a!cBrOpbEXd_GwAic5mGg7v8Sg6UcKDCtfs1t4pP4ZCeM

The other links are dead, this is BX.
>>
>>13815525
Bumping this. Still swamped with real life on my end.
>>
>>13815525
I'll have to ask around the SRW General for UX then. Thanks bro, at least with this I can try to grab some stuff.
>>
So, I've been so busy and not following /srwg/ is MD getting a western release?
>>
>>13819919
Probably bullshit.
It's from Taiwan so they probably thought they were doing something cool and just grabbed a thing without thinking straight.
>>
>>13819919
Just rumors regarding a ERSB rating logo so far. Also, the conversation somehow devolved into how you're supposed to behave like a child.
>>
>>13819936
>>13819938
OK. Proceed as normal, hold no hope because it will only be shattered. Got it.
>>
>>13819953
I still have hope for the GC project completion (and Eternity to a smaller extent), that much needs to be maintained.
>>
>>13811996

more info?

i wasnt lookin to rebalance the game, just make angelg up to par with the rest of the choices. can you tell me how you did it
>>
Up you go comrades
>>
>>13823931
Thanks.
>>
Up
>>
>>13813677
I'm guessing you made a tool for managing unit / weapon / pilot data.

How far are you going with it?
>>
>>13763820
>no Macross
>no Full Metal Panic
>no Overman King Gainer
>no Nadesico
>no Dunbine
>no Eureka 7
>no Gunbuster
The only series in this game I care about remotely is Dragonar. What a shame.
>>
>>13831911
Truly such a shame for you and your garbage tastes
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
So, Dash, Steve, Oppai (if you're around), all other translator friends, how's life?
>>
Up again
>>
>>13763820
Rise
>>
>>13838779
Life's a bit of a rollercoaster right now. Worried about being renewing my contract in my current job, spending a lot of time in unnecessary language courses to get certificates, trying to take my love life somewhere...

I'm still hoping for some free evenings and / or weekends though.
>>
Bump with no mention to my personal life now.
>>
>>13843011
I had quite literally a shitty day. Somehow a bird got in my house and crapped all over the place. I got it cleaned up, but fuck that bird.
>>
File: Dancouga & Gundor.jpg (235KB, 550x827px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga & Gundor.jpg
235KB, 550x827px
Up
>>
i found that save editor (i think) but it wont load the save file.

i still cant find the hex values for angelg's stats, either.

and A portable mod guy apparently forgot he posted here.

not sure how i'd want to go about changing the stats anyway *shrug*
>>
File: Dancouga 01.png (258KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 01.png
258KB, 500x400px
Bump
>>
Hi, this is Greenrose, current translator for the MX PS2 project. I wanted to reach out to you guys in the GC project about keeping our Dragonar stuff consistent, since I've seen a lot of talk here about possible ways to interpret different names from that anime. If you could write up a list of the names you're using for Dragonar characters and robots for us so we could be sure and use the same ones, we'd really appreciate it.
>>
File: Dancouga 02.jpg (108KB, 888x626px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 02.jpg
108KB, 888x626px
>>
>>13852162
On that note, I have to ask out of curiosity: in the event that you and the GC team somehow manage to finish your respective projects before Starseeker subs the rest of Dragonar, will you team up to finish that show in her place?
>>
>>13854877
It's always been my dream to sub some of the better older SRW shows (Dragonar, Ninja Senshi Tobikage, Goshogun) but I don't understand Japanese by ear nearly as well as I do by reading it. If I could get Japanese subs for the relevant animes, I'd try my hand at it, though.
>>
Oh, here's the new thread. Hello.

Sorry, January passed me by and I ended up not getting much work done on this. I actually put in a decent bit of work this past weekend though, believe it or not.
Also, I can't possibly say that I'd do a file per day or anything like that because their size varies wildly. Some files have hundreds of lines, I'm pretty sure I've already done some that had like 300, and the biggest one by file size has 677 lines, can't wait to get to it. But then other files contain only a short scene with less than 10 lines or so, which obviously I can do several in a row.

I'll try to report back more frequently.
>>
>>13854913
Well, that's fair enough. Regardless, good luck on your endeavor.
>Tobikage
Let's not get too crazy, or Matt will come in here.
>>
>>13854921
Also, I know I've been really slow for a while now, but I feel like I can make up for it as I work pretty fast when I'm motivated. If anyone was around for my threads back when I began doing Mazinger Angels, I was cranking out a chapter per day until I decided to switch to volume releases. And the last thing I released was this 60 page long Yuru Yuri doujin a few months ago, which I did over a weekend, editing included. Tbh, I'd probably be working faster if there was yuri in this game. Oh well.
I was working on GC at a decent pace for the first 20 stages or so, but now there's these long L-Gaim scenes that kinda slow me down to a crawl. I think I'm actually going to download and watch the show, it might help me speed things along.
>>
>>13855005
That would be a wise move. Ametuchi did wonders tackling the entire second half of the show. Try not to yell too much at anything ShinGetter did for much of the first half, if possible.
>>
up
>>
>>13854877
If someone else wants to sub Dragonar I'm very happy for them to.
>>
On that note, does anyone know where I can find raws for the unsubbed portions of Dendoh and Dragonar? I've been looking for raws for the currently-unsubbed shows in MX so I can watch them before I get fully into translating it, and the HK subs are just too distracting to try and figure out what's really being said.
>>
>>13855001
>or Matt will come in here.

Hey, it's not like I search for Tobikage to complain about it. It just isn't that good, and every time the show comes up I have to warn people about that. Plus, they have subs, even if they are... well, they're pretty damn shit, much like Dragonar's. But hey, I watched both all the same.

Plenty of other good SRW shows that need subs though. I'd pay for good Baldios subs. (chump change only, but still, it's money.)
>>
>>13860397
Well, that's fair enough.
>I'd pay for good Baldios subs. (chump change only, but still, it's money.)
Anything is good as long as the subbers don't give up midway through.
>>
File: Dancouga 04.jpg (239KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 04.jpg
239KB, 700x700px
Bump!
>>
File: Dancouga 06.jpg (103KB, 753x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 06.jpg
103KB, 753x1063px
>>
File: Dancouga 08.jpg (238KB, 1539x981px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 08.jpg
238KB, 1539x981px
Keeping it alive here. Weekend coming up, time to work on things, guys!
>>
>>13868489
Work, haha. Time for the first of my three comprehensive exams this weekend.
>>
Up
>>
File: Dancouga 07.jpg (75KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 07.jpg
75KB, 400x400px
>>13868580
Good luck on those, then! Real life takes priority.
>>
>>13852162
>Hi, this is Greenrose, current translator for the MX PS2 project. I wanted to reach out to you guys in the GC project about keeping our Dragonar stuff consistent
Hey Greenrose,
We've indeed tried to keep things consistent between AP and GC already, too.
I've just pitched the GC guys to join us on slack for a "SRW translators group discussion".
If you want to join,just PM me on RHDNwith your email address and I'll give you access.TheMajinZenki already dwells there, we've invited Rai but I guess he prefers to handle the tool side of thingson his own, if Oppai,Steve, and you join then we have a grouped translators discussion.7
Oh and if Rai, Bring and Dash join the fun then we have a full-fledge cross-game discussion and sharing playground!
I would really love that.
What do you say, y'all?
>>
>>13872639
OK, with login this time.
Also,please excuse my poor southern English accent - I am still a learner.
>>
>>13872639
Sure. What's the username I need to PM?
>>
File: e922ae7295be80_full[1].jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
e922ae7295be80_full[1].jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>13872699
>Sure. What's the username I need to PM?
BlackDog61
>>
So guys, what's the deal with katakana and Russian names? I'm Russian familiar with Japanese, so maybe I could help.
>>
>>13875489
From the previous thread.

>Well, I was trying to find my source on ドルチェノフ possibly being Turchynov, and I can't seem to find it anywhere, now. I think I screwed up, because all I can find for Turchynov is トゥルチノフ, which is a bit different. I don't know much about Russian names, so if anyone familiar with Russian has any input on what ドルチェノフ (Doruchenofu) might be in real-world terms, I'd love to hear it.
>>
First test done. I assume I got about 80%. I figure that's passing.
>>
>>13875722

It should be read as Dorchenov (Дopчeнoв), it sounds like bullshit faux-Russian name but there is actually one.

http://rodoslovnaya.org/ru/wiki/index/index/page_id/290437/name/Дopчeнoв+Пpoкoпий+Bacильeвич?cm_hash=c690fb08bc16e003db63c8780e9ba1f7
>>
>>13878889
Thanks,

I hope that puts to rest how spell his name. Now we just need to make sure everyone syncs up to this spelling.
>>
>>13879671

It's kinda rare name (apparently used in Eastern part of Russia; probably comes from some kind of indigenous background of the family) but it actually exists. Turchinov is TOO much of a stretch and Google returns nothing for Dolchenov and all the other spelling variants that can arise due to the way Japanese transcription works.
>>
>>13880353
Awesome. I guess that's the end of that, then.
>>
>>13877522
Congrats man.

>>13878889
Glad to see it's settled at last... and now we only have to change all references to the other name, ouch.

>>13881024
Did you get to see this post, Steve? >>13680048
>>
>>13881024
Yeah, and it thankfully won't cause headaches later on (if either you folks or Starseeker ever get that far in the show).
>>
Page 8? Come on.
>>
>>13882210
>Did you get to see this post, Steve?

I have now.

Do I just need the SCR Editor, or the other tools, as well?
>>
>>13885844
>Do I just need the SCR Editor, or the other tools, as well?
No need for that, just ol' good photoshop / gimp. Create alternative BM6 files with translated text and I'll take care of adjusting the SCRs to the new ones.

Points to remember:

- Respect the 8x8-pixel tiles format.
- First tile is always empty
- Don't scramble the tiles (why would you do that anyway?)
- Dimensions aren't *that* important as long as they're multiples of 8.
- Stick to the palette (16 colours, indexed mode).

I'd say you could start by trying to adapt the title for stage 1 that you already made for the previous patch, so that you get familiar with the restrictions of turning an image into a 4bpp BMP, then we try inserting it into the game and see what happens.
>>
I heard back, I passed the first of my three comps. Two more tests, and I can honestly say I'll be in the end stages of PhD-dom.
>>
File: onore98.jpg (94KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
onore98.jpg
94KB, 427x427px
>>13852162
>>
>>13888582
>>13852162
You're going to have to watch out for the sub ninjas. They're deadly.
>>
OG:MD Engrish release was announced, huh.
>>
>>13892430
Sub ninjas on suicide watch.
>>
>>13892430

wait wat
>>
>>13894019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzKuBKqNRYI
>>
>>13894029

ah ps4. oh well. figures
>>
>>13894039
I'm a Nintendo guy, but I'll probably get a PS4 and this game.
>>
>>13896659
I'm a PC and Android guy, so I probably won't get a PS4 or this game.
>>
Whatever it takes to get my fix in English!
>>
So we can't exactly slap a sub box on the battle scenes. So this is what we've tried to do, and it's different. But like I said, the best we can do for now.

Thoughts? Personally I think we should just have a optional patch so if people want it they can. Else everyone else can deal without.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4Pl_i-3dE
>>
>>13899544
I think it looks rad.

Is there any reason why there isn't anything for the line of dialogue 13 seconds in?
>>
>>13899544
I agree with it being optional. I like it though.
>>
>>13899587
It's a common cut-in, not the cut scene specific one like these other parts are. So we can't put subs over that part without it then showing up for all Gato Cut-Ins with that graphic.

>>13899912
Glad you guys seem to like it.
>>
>>13899544
that looks absolutely badass.

i like that more than the shitty dialogue boxes you get for attacks
>>
>>13899544
I like that we get subs during attacks!
I like that the character talking gets his line on him, but it makes things tough to readfrom time to time. For instance when the 2 machines are very close, I think it would server better to have both lines "around and outside" their silhouettes.
Other than that, it looks very top-of-the-line tech!
>>
>>13899544
PS: I don't see the point in it being optional. I'(d keep it on at all times.
>>
>>13903444
I don't think he's talking about making it a menu option, I think he's talking about making two seperate patches one with and one without. Which, really, is the best option; I like it myself but I can see people wanting to just focus on the battle animations since as far as I'm aware these scenes are only ever recreations of things that happened in-series anyway, and there's little or no cross-series special animation; if they could translate all the lines, it'd be different.
>>
>>13905397
You are correct.
>>
File: Dancouga 12.jpg (50KB, 277x189px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 12.jpg
50KB, 277x189px
>>
A bit of a random question. What's there to see in Sapporo?
>>
>>13888503
Congrats, man.

>>13892430
>>13894029
Well, I'll be damned... Time to consider getting a PS4 I guess.

>>13899544
I'd make it optional. It's an interesting yet unconventional way of showing subtitles, so it's probably not for everyone. I guess it's good if you want to understand the event cutscenes, but it's not applicable outside of them (the pilot - suit combinations make it impossible).

>>13908054
I guess you could get SailorOtaku to give you some directions. I've never set a foot in Japan myself.
>>
>>13909293
>I guess you could get SailorOtaku to give you some directions. I've never set a foot in Japan myself.
Or SystematicChaos, who generally hangs out at www.hokutonogun.com's Chatango.
>>
Up
>>
File: Dancouga 14.gif (29KB, 294x261px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 14.gif
29KB, 294x261px
>>
File: Dancouga 22.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 22.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>
>>13817672
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8vkyoq05x6e3y5/Super+Robot+Wars+UX.cia
>>
File: Gol.png (46KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Gol.png
46KB, 160x160px
Hey GC'ers!
Zenki and I would like to hear more about Gol. Basically, we gladly copied his battle quotes from GC, when we exchanged some months back. Are there updates on his battle quotes?

Also, he's now appearing in story (for an impressive 18 lines in the whole game). Do you have lines from the story too?

Last but not least, could you explain how his accent is built, and what it sounds like? ("Caveman" was mentioned, I'm not sure to understand it myself.)

Thanks!!
>>
>>13917061
You sir, you are the true hero.
>>
Whoah! This needs a lifesaving bump.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93IHK2DraFE&t=205

Why is it called Best and not Mogami?
>>
>>13923508
Because we didn't know whether to translate it or transliterate it. We went with translate, Bamco went with transliterate. We'll be changing it to match before we release.
>>
File: Dancouga 23.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 23.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>
>>13923612
I still don't like Bamco's choice... (But I know I'm the only one, ok, ok...)
>>
Up
>>
>>13918478
I honestly don't remember which specific traits did I give Gol when speaking, but it was a pretty easy pattern. Something like turning the 's' into 'z' most of the time, using verbs wrong (e.g. "I is") and confusing words.

I remember having a hard time with him because his lines used a pretty broken Japanese, but it was interesting for a change.

The general feeling of Gol is that he's either a soldier that sustained brain damage at some point or a guy with some form of retardation that somehow got massively big and muscular but never acquired mental maturity (he sounds like a little kid).

That was my impression at least.

>>13925401
I'm partial to Mogami, but just because I feel Japanese-based companies should retain a name that sounds foreign for us westerners.
>>
>>13928619
>I'm partial to Mogami, but just because I feel Japanese-based companies should retain a name that sounds foreign for us westerners.
Hmm, true.
>>
File: cheer.jpg (278KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
cheer.jpg
278KB, 1280x853px
Rah, rah, don't give up! If you can't do it, noone can!
>>
OG up!!
>>
File: Dancouga 24.jpg (209KB, 600x919px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 24.jpg
209KB, 600x919px
>>
>>13934214
What is that, an OG for ants?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fv=93IHK2DraFE#t=499

Who's this semen demon?
>>
>>13763820
choo choo choo motherfuckers
>>
>>13937711
It's aweird one, for sure...
>>
File: Dancouga 26.jpg (320KB, 567x802px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 26.jpg
320KB, 567x802px
>>
File: Rtx-008[1].jpg (74KB, 426x730px) Image search: [Google]
Rtx-008[1].jpg
74KB, 426x730px
>>
File: Dancouga 27.jpg (182KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 27.jpg
182KB, 1300x1000px
>>
I'm still alive. The flu is a bitch though.
>>
File: General+Bles[1].jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
General+Bles[1].jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>13951724
Fight it!
>>
File: Dancouga 28.jpg (293KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 28.jpg
293KB, 1024x724px
>>
File: Dancouga 29.png (479KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 29.png
479KB, 404x404px
>>
File: shizouka_gundam_07[1].jpg (716KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shizouka_gundam_07[1].jpg
716KB, 1000x1000px
Let's keep some lights up!
>>
File: Dancouga 30.jpg (149KB, 1000x819px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 30.jpg
149KB, 1000x819px
>>
File: Dancouga 31.jpg (364KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 31.jpg
364KB, 1200x927px
>>
File: Dancouga etc.jpg (107KB, 700x986px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga etc.jpg
107KB, 700x986px
>>
>>13964516
Thanks for all the bumps dancouganon.

Sorry I haven't been active, but I just finished my second comprehensive exam (of three), and hopefully, my last written exam ever. Now, just an oral exam and everything related to the disertation.
>>
File: 220px-Dragon_music1[1].jpg (18KB, 220x217px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dragon_music1[1].jpg
18KB, 220x217px
>>13965255
Here's wishing you just that!!!

Two questions on Dragonar translations sync accross SRW's.
Gon Jem's squad get a negative nickname which litterally translates as "Giganos's garbage". How have you guys translated that?
Also, Gon Jem's four main squad characters are referred to withaspecial name, which litterally translates to "the Four Kings of Gon Jem". What's your choice there?

Thanks!!
>>
>>13968184
Thanks, I might just have to be credited as Dr. Bring Stabity soon.

No idea on your questions though.
>>
>>13971033
I think we found our answers in the GC project files. Thanks!
>>
File: Dancouga 02.png (2MB, 1460x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga 02.png
2MB, 1460x1325px
>>
>>
>>13976216
And I just got the study guide for the last comprehensive exam. This one's an oral test. Guess what's going to be consuming my life now.
>>
Just to report, I was inactive for a couple of weeks because I kept getting these random little dizzy spells and it took me a while to figure out that I had to go see an ear doctor. They're mostly gone now, finally.
I got around to starting L-Gaim today. Well only the first episode so far, but it's already getting me some helpful context for the setting. A few more episodes should help me get through their scenes in the game more easily.
>>
Most excellent On both accounts.
>>
>>13977256
Good to see you're going through with it, so enjoy the ride. Be prepared to rage in the event Shin-Getter did any mistakes though.
>>
>>13765570
Is anybody translating UX. Cause i was actually planning to do a playthrough vid translation. If there is a translator, i just scrap my plan.
>>
>>13981972
I don't think anyone is doig it currently.
Are you saying you can translate??? If yes then I'd like to see if I can help you access the text. Bring would probably, too.
Please PM me on RHDN or GBATemp.
>>
>>13981972
Were you the guy that wanted to do the video translations earlier?

>>13983824
I want to, but I barely have time to devote to this project, let alone another one. I'd still probably help a little.
>>
>>13984949
Yes i am. But now that someone want to do a rom translation, I might offer myself.

>>13983824
I don't have experience translating something big before, I translate bits of stuff in danbooru and maybe one or two doujins. Never did anything big. I know a fair amount of Japanese, but not that much. I can translate stuff easily if there is a text to copy and paste (Using JWPce as a guidance. But mostly because i don't memorize kanjis that much).

Also i'm not a native English speaker. So if translating, there might be some grammatical error in the English.
>>
File: Masato 01.jpg (45KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Masato 01.jpg
45KB, 450x600px
>>
File: GreatMazinger_Kaiser[1].jpg (52KB, 639x350px) Image search: [Google]
GreatMazinger_Kaiser[1].jpg
52KB, 639x350px
>>13985913
OK so let's clarify a couple of things further.
AP is my priority currently. I have less work on it than before, but still quite some. (We are putting together a story editor to help translators, after all.)
And we still need extra help with translating that, by the way.

Having said that, if you're going after UX to subtitle a let'splay, then
1- It's great, I mean it. Not enough translators overall, not enough people interested in the new games, too.
2- It would be a shame if the outcome was only in video format, instead of keeping your translation in text too, to allow a future generation to put it in game (once 3DS emulation works).
3- If it helps, I'd like to try and dump the script for you. (If I can.) Or help Bring do it. Once we call him Doctor Bring, I'm sure things will be easier.
4- I don't think it is currently possible to go for a good translation (without a good emulator and debugger), so please don't cancel your let's play. Just consider the option to pave the way for the future, please?
>>
>>13987511
>2- It would be a shame if the outcome was only in video format, instead of keeping your translation in text too, to allow a future generation to put it in game (once 3DS emulation works).
I want to strongly second this. UX-anon, keep the text saved somewhere for future translation efforts.
>>
>>13991463
If you do, please put it up somewhere public where we other anons can reference it while playing too.
>>
>>13987511
>>13991463
>>13991572
Thank you for the encouragement. I should try to make a schedule on myself and make the translation. The pace may be a bit slow because i'm working, but i'll try anyways.

Of course, i will be keeping the text. It's for reference after all. And it's also for correction purpose so i will be posting the script here for language fix or lore fix.
>>
>>13977256
Just don't expect much more than context. It's Tomino we're talking about.
>>
>>13996087
Yoshiyuki "the bald death" Tomino
>>
File: Sara 11.jpg (67KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sara 11.jpg
67KB, 500x400px
>>
up
>>
File: Ryo 01.jpg (22KB, 472x354px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo 01.jpg
22KB, 472x354px
>>
And I was all set for my last comprehensive exam to be the easiest of the three, because the professor giving it is my adviser and I've seen his comprehensive exams before. No, he gave me a PITA one.
>>
File: Shinobu 01.jpg (51KB, 298x411px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu 01.jpg
51KB, 298x411px
>>
File: Alan 10.jpg (174KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alan 10.jpg
174KB, 780x1000px
>>
File: Shinobu 03.jpg (35KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu 03.jpg
35KB, 425x425px
Page 10? What.
>>
Oh, I forgot to mention, we just had (or are about to have) another anniversary. It's three years now, right?
>>
File: CBF crew 12.jpg (169KB, 923x600px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 12.jpg
169KB, 923x600px
>>14017421
Amazing.

Keep at it guys!
>>
>>14019821
A little less amazing when you compare how much this has slowed down.
>>
File: Board with photos.jpg (547KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Board with photos.jpg
547KB, 800x640px
>>14022119
Life happens.

The project is still alive which is all that matters.
>>
File: Sally.png (578KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
Sally.png
578KB, 680x510px
Who's this semen demon?
>>
File: Sally.jpg (221KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sally.jpg
221KB, 1280x960px
>>
not sure this is the right thread to ask, but.

has anyone tried to run the ps3 srw games (mainly the OGs) in rpcs3? no one in youtube has footage.

if so, where do you get the necesary stuff?
>>
>>14027176
>>14031536
So I finally get a moment to breathe and check on /m/ and it turns out the GC cast is getting new rides in TMD (because of licenses, I'm guessing).

I don't know if that counts as an anniversary gift, but hey, here's to another year of struggling to make something cool happen already over.

(sorry for being so busy)
>>
>>14031617
The closest thing to an anniversary gift would be Oppai-Missile translating a manga of his choice, but I'm not really banking on that happening.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYgfznKMmN8
>>
So... bump?
>>
File: 1458770363839.jpg (2MB, 3298x2042px) Image search: [Google]
1458770363839.jpg
2MB, 3298x2042px
>>
Hey, UX-anon here. I have translated the prologue and are working on Episode 1 now. I just want to post the translation on pastebin in hoping i can get the references, characters, grammar and translation right.

http://pastebin.com/Uzk5uBRT

Also here's the gameplay video i'll be using: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20377796

I don't know if i have time to do timing and putting subs in, But i'll try while translating episode 1
>>
>>14037096
I love you
>>
File: CBF crew 11.jpg (259KB, 900x1361px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 11.jpg
259KB, 900x1361px
>>
>>14037096
You do the Lord's work UXanon.
>>
Up
>>
File: CBF crew 05.jpg (47KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 05.jpg
47KB, 500x235px
>>
He is risen. Alleluia, Alleluia.

Happy Easter everyone.

Speaking of Easter, that's a nice present UX-anon. >>14037096 Let me give you a little something in return.

>Ranka: (It has begun! The concert of Sheryl Nome, the Galactic fairy...!)
Overly literal. The word order screams that this was translated from Japanese, but fuck if I can come with a better way of saying this.

>Michel: Let's get to work, Lady Alto. Just don't get yourself injured or you'll stuck being an amateur forever!
Lady Alto? I've never seen Frontier so I don't know if Michel is just calling Alto a woman, or if this is a mistranslation.

>Ranka: (It's the acrobat team for the concert. Go for it, guys!)
acrobatics team

>Luka: Sheryl has jumped out of the stage!
jumped off of the stage

>Ranka: (Wow, awesome! He manage to catch Sheryl as she is falling down!)
as she was falling down!

>Alto: Don't give me that! If i'm late even for a moment, You and the audience will end up injured!
If I'm even a moment late,

>Ozma: Code Victor... We're not letting the same tragedy happens again!
same tragedy happen again

>Kazuki: Huh? What am i sensing...?
I

>Kouzou: Measure the enemy's mass and spot their location. Issue red alert, class-3 battle stations!
level 3 battle stations!

>Kiyomi: All hands, class-3 battle stations!
level 3 battle stations!

>Cagali: Finally, the Festums are here...!
Isn't Festum already plural?

>Kouzou: I apologize for such thing to happen during your inspection visit, Deputy Attha.
such a thing
Athha

>Cagali: Worry not, Commander Minashiro. It has been 30 years since the last appearance of Festums.
Again, Festum, I think

>Cagali: We have Mobile Suits and the Arcadian Project in response to such threats, isn't it?
Arcadian Project to respond to such threats, don't we?

>Cagali: Alex. Is Shinn and Luna ready for sortie?
Are Shinn and Luna

>Cagali: Launch our Mobile Suits as soon as the Camo-mirror surface has been lifted. Do i have clearance, Commander Minashiro?
I
>>
>>14037096
>>14046704

>Yumiko: Target has entered our vision zone! Festum substantiating!
Target has entered visual range!
I assume that's what the line is supposed to mean.

>Shinn: Sheesh... And here i thought this place is a paradise.
I

>Shinn: Whichever it is, All we have to do is too shoot that thing down. Ready, Luna?
Whatever it is, all we

>Shinn: It doesn't matter who am i fighting with!
It doesn't matter who I'm fighting with/against
Take your pick as to whether with or against works better.

>Soushi: Don't answer it! That thing can erode your thought!
thoughts!

Shinn: Ugh...! Then i have to give it all!
Ugh...! Then I'll have to give it my all!

>Fumihiko: This looks bad... The aces of the Second Alliance-Plant Wars of the past are having a hard time facing the Festums.
Festum

>Kouzou: Looks like we have no choice but to awake the Titan or face destruction...
but to wake the

>Kouzou: I know. If a pilot manage to get into a Fafner, it can only mean one thing...
If a pilot manages

>Alex: Are you sure, If someone spilled the beans that we've been contacting "them" to the Federation or the Big Three, they won't stay still about it.
Are you sure? If someone

>Cagali: No matter. Order UX-E9. Commisioned under me, Cagali Yula Assha!
Commisioned by me,
Athha

>Lunamaria: I'll control this as good as Shinn did!
as well as
Note: Good is an adjective, it modifies a noun. Generally, it's used to refer to moral character of a person, or the quality of an object. Well is an adverb, it modifies an action or state of being. It's generally used to refer to the degree of skill that someone has, or the default answer to "how are you doing?".

>Lunamaria: Guh! Controling damage!
I'm not sure what you mean here.

>Soushi: We can only fight their mind reading ability by using the Fafner. And i want you to defend this island with it.
I

>Kazuki: That's impossible... I don't think i can do it!
I
>>
>>14037096
>>14046710

>Soushi: Yes, you can! Surely you aware that your body are capable to unite with Fafner itself.
Sure you're aware that your body is capable of uniting with Fafner itself.

>Kazuki: Gaaaaargh! There's plug all over my body!
Not sure what this is supposed to be. The following line is gramatically correct and might be what you're trying to say.
There're plugs all over my body!

>Soushi: I crossed directly into the visual and auditory sensors of your brain. Which is you inside Fafner and me inside the Siegfried System.
This line needs some work.

>Kouzou: Very well. Then i'll open it manually myself! Makabe, You'll take command!
I'll

>Soushi: Kazuki, Memorize the sense you've reacted just now!
This line needs some work as well

>Makabe: A Grendel type...!? They pump priming themselves due to Fafner's activation?
pump priming? What was the original Japanese here?

>Kazuki: W-what should i do...?
I

>Soushi: Stay calm, Kazuki! A Grendel type supposedly didn't possess that much of a fighting strength.
supposedly doesn't possess that much fighting strength.

>Kazuki: Dammit...! What should i do now, Soushi!?
I

>Kazuki: Dammit, i can't move! What happened, Soushi!?
I

>Soushi: I don't know... My monitor suddenly did not display anything! Bail out, Kazuki!
suddenly isn't displaying anything!

>???: We're dealing with Festums here. You know what to do...
Festum (I think there's no s)

>Yumiko: Target has withdrawed...
withdrawn...

>Ylbora: As you wish, my lady... If that is what you desired.
desire.

>Ylbora: Gamlan, set our ship to full throttle!
Anyone know how to word this better?

>Bern: Power and subterfuge! With that, i will be victorious!
I

>Shou: I won't kill the man! But i will kill his malice!
I

>Liu Bei: No! The heavens revolved around the will of its people!
will of the people

>Cao Cao: The will of people...?
will of the people
>>
>>14037096
>>14046712
>Cao Cao: Your strength, i shall admit! Your conviction, i shall admit!
I shall admit your strength! I shall admit your conviction!

>Cao Cao: Yet i will not hold my ambition behind!
I

And there we go. No promises that I'll stick around as an editor for this, but finding a spare hour to edit is easier than finding a huge block of time to do PPC stuff.
>>
>>14046704
> Lady Alto? I've never seen Frontier so I don't know if Michel is just calling Alto a woman, or if this is a mistranslation.

Yes he is calling Alto a women, this is due to the fact he played the female roles on stage. And he files like a girl. Heh, in L one of Alto dynamic kill's ends with a picture of his as a women.

In regard to Alto in UX, he is once again the worst Macross pilot?
>>
File: VhcDxRa.png (647KB, 927x625px) Image search: [Google]
VhcDxRa.png
647KB, 927x625px
Well that hurts, /m/.

I was doing a run of SRW @3, fresh with no carry over, and trying to get a sub turn 421 all skill points run.

No luck. Stopped just 3 turns short of my goal...

Oh well.
>>
File: Alan & Shinobu 01.jpg (307KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Alan & Shinobu 01.jpg
307KB, 600x450px
>>
>>14047296
How does one fail the turn count requirement? I was disappointed at how slow I went, and my playthrough still finished with like 80 turns to spare.

And considering how many of the SR points are time-based, I'm having difficulty understanding how you were able to succeed on those and still fail the overall turn limit.
>>
>>14047296
accelerate is a commodity, but one you should never neglect.
>>
>>14049792
I think it had to do with the routes I took. I remember one of them being a huge slog of bosses which ate about 5 more turns than it should have. There's also at least one, maybe two stages that require 10+ turns to be wasted waiting for the story to progress.

>>14049811
Every squad had someone with Accelerate in it, and I abused it as much as I could.
>>
File: Sally.png (61KB, 340x766px) Image search: [Google]
Sally.png
61KB, 340x766px
http://srwog-md.suparobo.jp/character/character10.php
>>
File: Alan & Shinobu 02.jpg (159KB, 510x614px) Image search: [Google]
Alan & Shinobu 02.jpg
159KB, 510x614px
Why is this on page 10?
>>
>>14055468
Beats me. We have art of the other GC cutie released, and UX prologue stage translated and semi-edited
>>
>>14027438
I guess this will partially answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrjVpoBlVEI
>>
Courteous bump to announce that Gunlord and Starseeker released Dragonar episode 14. Hopefully Gunlord will be able to put out as much eps as possible before his dissertation retool.

https://msubsreleases.(word in the press).com/2016/03/29/metal-armor-dragonar-14-a-new-start/
>>
>>14059177
Or he actually reminds me to do my damn job, because he never does and I am a grade-A procrastinator.
>>
>>14059177
Oh fuck yea. I was just thinking about watching Dragonar and was wondering if there were subs.
>>
>>14059187
Personally, I think things would be much much simpler if he would ask Luurah to take it off of your hands, although I'm not sure if he's interested in late 80s shows.
>>
>>14059423
Luurah's not a JP->EN TL though, he works from Spanish. Dragonar's a very loose JP->ITA translation, hence my wrangling it closer to being the original.
>>
>>14059177
Thanks bro. Yeah, Luurah's a spanish speaker, and Starseeker just checks the Japanese audio. I gotta tell Gorge I've made a new release and am back in business too (he's the Italian translator).
>>
>>14059470
I'm sure he'd get someone that's fluent (most likely from Saizen, assuming his joints for Ga-Keen and Govarian ever go anywhere).
>>
Srwgc translation general: Bring silently bitches about not having time for PhD work let alone SRW while great progress is made on Dragonnar.

Go Dragonnar translation!
>>
>>14061039
Thanks friend. Also, oh shit, you're working on a Ph.D as well? What field?
>>
>>14061047
Quantum computing. And unfortunately, I'm working full time. Great for the bank account, not so good for having time for anything.
>>
>>14061205
Sheeit, that's damn impressive! Good luck with it, who knows, maybe your efforts will help us create the first Data or Dorothy!
>>
>>14061347
More likely Veda from 00 than anything else. Thanks for wishing me luck, I'll probably need it. Good luck as well on your PhD. What field are you doing yours in?
>>
>>14062319
History, hehe.
>>
>>14063235
Ah, so you're dooming yourself to watching everyone repeat history while ignoring your warnings.
>>
>>14066188
He can also be a warlord, watching peons follow the path he wrote.
>>
File: DRAMATIC INTRODUCTION.jpg (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DRAMATIC INTRODUCTION.jpg
137KB, 640x480px
>>13996087
It's actually a lot more straightforward than I thought, it just took a while.
Ten whole episodes into L-Gaim and I finally reached the first scene that appears in the game. It actually cleared up a lot of the things that confused me before like why characters were saying/doing certain things, behaving in certain ways and how they feel about each other. It's really tough to give the proper tone to the dialogue if you don't have that sort of context. I also understand better now what's L-Gaim and what's Daltanious in regards to planets/clans/houses. I'm gonna have to revise some stuff before I move forward now.

Leccee cutting her hair short and ditching her uniform is a fucking crime, by the way.
>>
>>14069616
That's me, Oppai, btw. Apparently this April fools nonsense randomizes your name even if you actually enter something.
>>
>>14069616
>>14069626
A friend of mine who got me into the show was glad about the haircut, but not so much about the addition of lipstick. On a related note, how does Shin-Getter's script stack up in terms of quality (everybody knows about the song translations, so no need to mention those)?
>>
>>14070223
Seemed fine to me, though I couldn't always hear what was being said because I watched while working out and I hate using headphones.
>>
>>14070280
This is Bring. This format is painful, not to mention it clashes horribly with appchanx. Let's see what my new name is.
>>
>>14070520
I think it's supposed to be a google plus parody of some sort.
>>
>>14056758
Thanks, though its definitely clear its still not time to go for ps3 emus yet.

I managed to dl dark prison, but i couldnt get it to run.

And for some reason i cannot run afterburner climax either, that is supposed to be 90something % usable.

I have a gtx960 and a i5-4600 (3.0g i think).

I guess i can wait a year or 2 being here in mty makes it impossible to mod a ps3, theres not capable people here.
>>
Is it just me is this thread still stuck with the April fools theme?
>>
>>14074209
Never mind, it's normal now. For some reason it took longer to revert than every other thread I had open, even after refreshing.
>>
Up
>>
>>14074535
I guess the site just doesn't appreciate our work.
>>
File: Dancouga & Nova characters.jpg (257KB, 2000x498px) Image search: [Google]
Dancouga & Nova characters.jpg
257KB, 2000x498px
>>
File: priorities.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
priorities.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
Man. Amu was fine at first, but she's gotten pretty insufferable after they joined the rebels.
>>
>>14082300
No worries, she'll get shoved to the side in a bit. Also, she'll get to pull off a cool accomplishment later on.
>>
File: CBF crew 07.jpg (99KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 07.jpg
99KB, 600x500px
>>
>>14083700
Busy bump.
>>
File: CBF crew 04.jpg (122KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 04.jpg
122KB, 800x601px
Page 10 again? What.
>>
>>14090419
I was looking for some art of pregnant Sara to make a "baby bump" joke, but apparently that doesn't exist. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
File: Shinobu x Sara 77.jpg (452KB, 640x727px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu x Sara 77.jpg
452KB, 640x727px
>>14090577
Don't think it exists, because I'm pretty sure I have one of the biggest collection of Dancouga fanart and I don't have that.
>>
i think this is the longest a gc thread has stayed alive so far?
>>
>>14096870
Waw! Really?
>>
File: Shinobu x Sara 112.png (1007KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu x Sara 112.png
1007KB, 800x800px
>>14096870
Wow, this is from January. Time flies.

Still a few dozen posts to go of this thread before we need a new one.
>>
File: CBF crew 14.jpg (294KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 14.jpg
294KB, 1000x450px
>>
File: CBF crew 15.jpg (219KB, 1024x860px) Image search: [Google]
CBF crew 15.jpg
219KB, 1024x860px
>>
>>14098830
Yeah. This thread has been very slow.
>>
>>14103898
At least Daltanius will be done soon, so you might have an easier time dealing with parts of the storyline that involve that show.
>>
>>14104319
At least there's some good news.
>>
File: Shinobu & Sara wedding.jpg (323KB, 546x640px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu & Sara wedding.jpg
323KB, 546x640px
>>
>>14109195
That picture looks extremely weird.
>>
GETTAAAAAA bump
>>
Up again
>>
File: Ryo & Masato.jpg (100KB, 800x686px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo & Masato.jpg
100KB, 800x686px
>>
>>13763820
>- @3 menu patch released
link pls
>>
Moon Dwellers in english soon
>>
So how do you play this? /m/
>shits tranlsated
https://youtu.be/JS3ThnSOZaU
>>
>>14121267
You press the play button.
Or you use the PS controller and read Japanese.
You can't do both, obviously.
>>
File: baker hide.png (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
baker hide.png
103KB, 500x500px
Hi guys, sorry for being away in the late months. There's been a bit of everything going on for me, including getting into a serious relationship, attending some courses after work to earn a silly certificate and avoiding becoming partially deaf.

Now that I'm done with the silly certificate thing, I'm planning on putting some time into the whole graphics thing and see if we can finally have readable menus.

My social life has become pretty intense lately, so big bursts of progress are not to be expected.

>>14119782
Here: >>13708632
>>
File: Shinobu x Sara 30.jpg (168KB, 512x663px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu x Sara 30.jpg
168KB, 512x663px
>>
>>14126253
I'm glad 300 isn't the bump limit, because I have not had the time to even make a new thread.

>>14123620
Don't go deaf. That's never good. Congrats on finding someone.
Between work and school, I'm not so much burning the candle at both ends as much as I've crushed the candle into a fine paste and thrown it into a blast furnace. I've made some great progress on the PhD. The end is in sight (but still probably a year and a half away).
>>
File: Shinobu x Sara 11.jpg (112KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu x Sara 11.jpg
112KB, 500x635px
>>14126621
Better get to it sometime soon, you got about a week at most.
>>
>>13832167
>your garbage tastes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>14132192
To be fair, he does like Dragonar, which is some pretty garbage taste in and of itself.
>>
>>14132206
Is Starseeker secretly shitposting to cope for having a show that she doesn't want to do?
>>
>>14132226
I am not that cunt, no.
>>
so is anyone interested in uploading the Dancouga art to the /m/ booru?
>>
How the hell this thread is still alive from January 2016?

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?
>>
>>14132226
Nope, not me, I cope in other ways.
>>
File: pic not related.png (822KB, 677x513px) Image search: [Google]
pic not related.png
822KB, 677x513px
>>14132275

bumping
>>
File: Shinobu x Sara 115.png (515KB, 580x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu x Sara 115.png
515KB, 580x720px
Best get that new thread ready, Bring.
>>
Ah, ah, ah, bump
STAYIN' ALIVE
STAYIN' ALIVE
>>
>>14135028
Thanks.

>>14132275
Very slow (non-existant) progress on a project that's still alive.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.